Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,285 members, 7,839,402 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters (38555 Views)

Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card / Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Chinese Company Cancels Contract Over Jonathan’s Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Roland17(m): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
deletrue:
But some people brain sha. Obasanjo tear his PERSONAL card, this man tear another person card, na the same thing? Na waooo.

What public office is Patience Jonathan contesting for? Does OBJ own a political party? Was the card not issued by a political party? If the said man's action is deemed capable of inciting violence, how about baba who has followers within the party?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Freiburger(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Rubbish! Can you imagine this? Is Nigeria a village committee?
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Roland17(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
tochstorm:
no be only maladministration... na malnutrition.

The bolded is most likely your problem and it stems from the former..
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by lastpage: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
eleojo23:
I thought the attention should be on her husband and not her. Why did they make posters for her?

I think she should not overdo this her campaign for her husband. Her good intentions may turn out to be counterproductive to her husband's ambition.
She seems to be getting more attention than the president himself lately and a lot of people are not comfortable with that.

A Vote for Jonathan means for the next four years, Nigeria will be ruled by illiterate, uncouth, rude, Fish-Seller Shepopotamus!
Just like Turai Yar Ardua tried to do! shocked

We dont want a Nigeria that is ruled from the bedroom while the mumu husband remains clueless about whats-gwan!

God forbid.

Lastpage!
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Sweetlemon(f): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
Yet some elements will have the audacity to relate the Jonathans to freedom of speech. Please what is criminal about tearing a poster?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Youngzedd(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
PLEXPLEX: The idiots must see pepper. Why u no go tier her poster?

Because it's none of my business.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Roland17(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
hardbody:

2 athings, babas PVC is his and he can do whatever he chooses with it. The poster being torn is more or less public property or at least third property which no one except the owner has a right to deal with. Again those guys were never lost as voters because they were never going to vote for mrs GEJ.

Police will at least make small money off them. I hope the people that sent them will provide bail money. Why wount you people be decent in these your elections? Even the owners of the process from where we got this stuff from had never been this mischevious, brutal and destructive in their own electioneering campaigns.

Get your facts right, what baba tore was his PDP membership card and not his PVC..
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by MaxAngellyn: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
It is for Nigerians to choose their president by voting and nobody should impose anyone for us. South-south or north- south. I don't wanna know. We are one Nigerian.... I have no party I am for the truth. It is time we vote competence and leave tribes, religion, sex etc out this time..... I am nt condemning coz I can't judge. BT if the people says they want change. Let them have it. The office is nt for one person alone.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by luggy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
donigspain:
HE IS AN AGENT OF CHANGE like the ones below: grin grin

But I bring to you FRESH AIR
., dont say that, the man is a mad man, simple
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by gp6liveth(m): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
He should be taught how to be civilized. We are not in Iran or Libya or Afghanistan neither are we in northern Nigeria where some people behave live cows and goats.

No matter how aggrieved you are, you should not behave uncivilized. Allow mad people or goat to tear campaign posters
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by FBS: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
only in this country. smh
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by hardbody: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:

Get your facts right, what baba tore was his PDP membership card and not his PVC..

Even at that, was that a third party property?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by PLEXPLEX(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Youngzedd:

Because it's none of my business.

OK! BUT Y DEMAND FOR HIS RELEASE IF ITS NOT UR BUSINESS?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by abduljabbar8: 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
sauceny:
Is she a politician¿.....I would have loved to vote for [size=15pt]General Muhammadu Buhari[/size] but he allied & joined forces with the wrong set of people & party.
So people like fani kayode and fayose are good sets of people? F00l
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nnadozzy(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Weda gud or bad, Oga JONA all d way.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Project400: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by ken4jj(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
PDP and APC supporters on this forum are the most foollish people i have ever seen in this world. What are you guys fighting for?

You people should be ashamed that you are parading useless candidates on the ballot box. I have never seen an election anywhere else in the world with this kind of poor quality of contestants.

if Nigeria were to be a normal country, those two unfit baggas you guys are fighting for should be lanquishing in jail instead of assulting our sensibilities with thier stupid posters calling themselves presidential candidates. nonsense
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
abduljabbar8:

So people like fani kayode and fayose are good sets of people? F00l

Are you a lunatic or you reminiscing as a re-tarded being¿
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Akon419(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
Punch reporting nonsense since 1906. That man in question was arrested for a crime that was not related to poster but punch and op cook up a story to draw sympathy for gullible Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by honeric01(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
sauceny:
Is she a politician¿.....I would have loved to vote for [size=15pt]General Muhammadu Buhari[/size] but he allied & joined forces with the wrong set of people & party.

Have you ever voted for him?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Lurcky(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
sauceny:

exactly, We are on same page broda.
Why the APC of all parties
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Menace2Society(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
phayvoursky:
ARREST THEM AND THEIR SPONSORS. JOBLESS APC TOUTS SEEKING LIVES TO DESTROY.

I NOW SEE THE MENTAL GAP BETWEEN PDPAND APC.

PDP IS TOO REFINED TO BE CRUDE.

VOTE PDP TO KICK OUT NUISANCE IN OUR SOCIETY.
U are a learned right?please tell me for Christ sake what's is the purpose of her posters?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Deejaygold(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mama Peace, free am naa smiley smiley
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by mzchinny(f): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
hehehe he has entered once chance.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by phayvoursky(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
U are a learned right?please tell me for Christ sake what's is the purpose of her posters?

GO TO OWERRI AND ASK WHY AISHA BUHARI's POSTER WAS ERECTED IN FRONT OF THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE WHEN SHE VISITED IMO STATE.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by timunstopable: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
"Everyone stayed there for 8years now it is our turn, we must complete our tenure"-----Na Your Birth right or Your Papa get Nigeria

it is the people turn

Shepopotamus
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by sethken: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Rubbish! Can you imagine this? Is Nigeria a village committee?

This is a precedent set by Northern and South-Western leaders who have occupied the office. The village committee argument will not arise all of a sudden because Jonathan is a member of a minority group? He must be returned to power for Nigeria to remain as an entity, period. Nigeria is tittering on the edge of a razor with these elections.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by bashgama(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
spiritfada:

The visit of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to Edo State, was on Saturday disrupted when some men, suspected to be aggrieved youths of the Peoples Democratic Party, pulled down some banners bearing the image of the First Lady, at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the state capital.

Mrs. Jonathan was in the state to drum support from Edo women for her husband’s re-election campaign.

It was learnt that the men climbed the fence where the banners were placed and began to pull them down as soon as it was time for the First Lady to deliver her address.

Irked by what they termed to be an attempt to mar the visit of the President’s wife, some youths and policemen dressed in branded T-shirts, bearing the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria logo, accosted the men.

It was in the process of a brewing brawl that some policemen, drafted to the venue of the rally to provide security, whisked them away in a police vehicle.

The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Chris Nehikhare, said he had no doubt that the perpetrators were sympathisers of the All Progressives Congress.

He claimed that none of the youths who had turned out for the event would carry out the act, adding that the party would investigate further.

Nehikhare said, “I am sure they were APC people. No PDP youth will be aggrieved to the extent of pulling down the First Lady’s posters; every PDP youths love the First Lady.

“But I will investigate to find out and let you know tomorrow (Sunday).”

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Jonathan insisted that her husband would remain in office for another term.

She was accompanied by national and state leaders of the party.

Women, drawn from different support groups across the state, had turned out for the event as early as 9am. They, however, began to leave the stadium at about 1.30pm, when Mrs. Jonathan arrived at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium venue of the rally.

Unable to bear the scorching heat, two women fainted but were later revived by a medical team provided by the party.

The President’s wife said the presidency had been occupied for eight years by other geopolitical zones and asked why the South-South should be denied the opportunity.

She added that the Jonathan administration had performed creditably in various sectors such as transport and education.

She said, “In Nigeria, I saw a train last when I was very young; I was still in the primary school. But today, we can see the train is moving.

“Everybody stayed there for eight years. Now it is our turn; so, we must complete our eight years because God has ordained it. We will complete our two tenures; we will hand over.”

Mrs. Jonathan described the postponed visit of the wife of the APC presidential candidate, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, earlier scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, as a plot by the opposition to foment trouble.

She also challenged her critics, who had accused her of corruption, even when, according to her, no “budget or constitutional right” was accorded to the Office of the First Lady.

“Tomorrow, they will say ‘Mrs. Jonathan is corrupt.’ Through where is she corrupt? I don’t have any budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see whether there is any budget attached to my office. I don’t touch your money. Whatever I have, I worked for it,” she added.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/men-arrested-for-tearing-patience-jonathans-posters/
Whether you like it or not, you will soon to leave villa to otueke by road
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Faraidi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
spiritfada:

The visit of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to Edo State, was on Saturday disrupted when some men, suspected to be aggrieved youths of the Peoples Democratic Party, pulled down some banners bearing the image of the First Lady, at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the state capital.

Mrs. Jonathan was in the state to drum support from Edo women for her husband’s re-election campaign.

It was learnt that the men climbed the fence where the banners were placed and began to pull them down as soon as it was time for the First Lady to deliver her address.

Irked by what they termed to be an attempt to mar the visit of the President’s wife, some youths and policemen dressed in branded T-shirts, bearing the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria logo, accosted the men.

It was in the process of a brewing brawl that some policemen, drafted to the venue of the rally to provide security, whisked them away in a police vehicle.

The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Chris Nehikhare, said he had no doubt that the perpetrators were sympathisers of the All Progressives Congress.

He claimed that none of the youths who had turned out for the event would carry out the act, adding that the party would investigate further.

Nehikhare said, “I am sure they were APC people. No PDP youth will be aggrieved to the extent of pulling down the First Lady’s posters; every PDP youths love the First Lady.

“But I will investigate to find out and let you know tomorrow (Sunday).”

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Jonathan insisted that her husband would remain in office for another term.

She was accompanied by national and state leaders of the party.

Women, drawn from different support groups across the state, had turned out for the event as early as 9am. They, however, began to leave the stadium at about 1.30pm, when Mrs. Jonathan arrived at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium venue of the rally.

Unable to bear the scorching heat, two women fainted but were later revived by a medical team provided by the party.

The President’s wife said the presidency had been occupied for eight years by other geopolitical zones and asked why the South-South should be denied the opportunity.

She added that the Jonathan administration had performed creditably in various sectors such as transport and education.

She said, “In Nigeria, I saw a train last when I was very young; I was still in the primary school. But today, we can see the train is moving.

“Everybody stayed there for eight years. Now it is our turn; so, we must complete our eight years because God has ordained it. We will complete our two tenures; we will hand over.”

Mrs. Jonathan described the postponed visit of the wife of the APC presidential candidate, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, earlier scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, as a plot by the opposition to foment trouble.

She also challenged her critics, who had accused her of corruption, even when, according to her, no “budget or constitutional right” was accorded to the Office of the First Lady.

“Tomorrow, they will say ‘Mrs. Jonathan is corrupt.’ Through where is she corrupt? I don’t have any budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see whether there is any budget attached to my office. I don’t touch your money. Whatever I have, I worked for it,” she added.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/men-arrested-for-tearing-patience-jonathans-posters/
serves him right.USELESS MAN
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by mightycrown1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:
An era of terror, ridiculous levels of corruption, maldministration and intimidation, yet those who have sold their soul to ethnical and religious bias claim its democracy, why was Baba not arrested after he tore his PDP membership card? The laws of the land are enacted only when a poor man defies..

What office exactly is Patience Jonathan contesting for in Nigeria?

They just lost another voter, hopefully he has his PVC which is his power..

[size=18pt] OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY OF COURSE [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Boss, Dikko, Gives Resignation Notice To President Buhari / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.