Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85581 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

I'm coming again in August to visit. Thanks for the invite
you are very wellcomed, a lot of families wish to do the same,and some of them are still in denial, and as you asserted earlier on, a lot have no idea what Africa is like, i say follow your heart and Good luck

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
If you besmirch and traduce the land of your ancestors they have way of biting back. Just a warning...

What, no psychotic retort? No murderous predictions? Come on man, you have a reputation to uphold. Everyone want to hear the true insane, lunatic ROSSIKE.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

wanna feel love? Then come home. nobody is gonna embarrass you because of your skin colour here. Just make sure you have some sort of skill or enough money to start up some good business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
elvee:
glamrock, you have a scary eighth reason!

Hahahaha
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by simplex2: 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

My house is big. Its 3 storeys. And apart from that, I have club setting within my compound and lots of floor lighting systems with outdoor music systems.

Hahahahaha
@bolded, tell me something! Do you use the external stairs to connect to other 'storeys'?
You must be one funny dude leaving in a fake life.

Billyonaire:

. Sorry, I talk too much.

Nah, you don't talk too muh, you lie too much!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by 50calibre(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
The way some of you talk down your country, one almost wishes that some great harm befalls you in that foreign land you call heaven - London in your case. Life has a way of shoving unexpected dung up your presumptious face.

I'm not talking down my country, just highlighting its realities. I don't live in heaven, everywhere has it's realities.

Before one makes an important, potentially life changing decision as relocating to a different country, there should be careful consideration of the pros & cons, more so if the country is a third world hell like Nigeria.

People like you are one of the reasons the OP needs to stay away from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Joavid:

Oh no you didn't!!
oh! yes he did.. it bogles the mind undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Blitz888(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
prelinctus:
Ok, let me counter this...
1) Food - Unless you are ready to start eating expired or fake products. Heck, even alomo had to put hologram seal to prove authenticity. Nafdac in this country is dead on arrival.

2) Weather - Unless you are willing to allocate 30% of your everyday budget to bleaching cream. The sun is deadly.

3) Flouride - Trust me, it's better to have flouride in your water that the things we have here. When people like terry g are into water-making business, what do you expect? Refer to 1

4) Language - Unless you are planning on moving to the rural parts of the country.

5) Culture - Refer to (4)

6)Materialism - Nigerians are worse. Do you know how much they spend on weddings(asoebi e.t.c)? Let me stop here

7) Roots - Refer to (4)

cool Spirituality - Wait till you are being told to pay gate fee to enter church, nobody will tell you to run back. It's happening already. Christ embassy, anybody?

9) Development - Get ready to pay through you nose. A case in point is where Chevron wanted to develop somewhere along alpha beach. The people of the land had the nerve to tell chevron to pay them first for wanting to develop their land o.

10) Racism - Unless you are from the minority tribe, don't bother coming back. Ethnicism and tribalism among Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba is at it's peak, and can never be stopped unless this country is divided. You wouldn't want that, would you?
Arrant balderdash!
Next time think b4 you type.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by 50calibre(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
Joavid:

Oh no you didn't!!

Yeah I did!! Nigerians are generally not nice. Example you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Osama10(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
50calibre:

I'm not talking down my country, just highlighting its realities. I don't live in heaven, everywhere has it's realities.
Before one makes an important, potentially life changing decision as relocating to a different country, there should be careful consideration of the pros & cons, more so if the country is a third world hell like Nigeria.

I just can't stop laughing. grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
50calibre:

hey! why generalise? what have i ever done to you? angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
MasterRahl:
Hmmmm. Tell me, how did you get to know nairaland?

My friends!
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by biafranqueen: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

Thanks for the position feedback. I actually don't plan to live for three years I have to save and get my business in order
I am working hard to move back final as well. I usually spend up to 6 months at a time in Nigeria the other 6 in Southern California. Nigeria is a great country, I know several African Americans that live in Nigeria. One of my friends is a teacher at the international school in Abuja another started a chicken poultry farm in Ibadan. Another Caucasian that worked in my company in shipping and receiving, moved and even brought 2 of his friends this year to try it out. My Dear it will work for you, when you come to visit just start sewing your seeds. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Maybe most black Americans should finish high school!

I finished high school. Also went to college and have a degree in specialized technology.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
i wonder how op will handle her first home invasion?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by biafranqueen: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
simplex2:

Hahahahaha
@bolded, tell me something! Do you use the external stairs to connect to other 'storeys'?
You must be one funny dude leaving in a fake life.

Nah, you don't talk too muh, you lie too much!
Our compound in Nnewi main house is 3 stories and so many in Uru are what is fake about that? So many in Enugu in the old government layout like Ojukwu and his neighbors have 3 stories. Let me guess you live in Western part of Nigeria right?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
50calibre:

Calling a developing nation a "third world hell" IS talking down your country and is very disrespectful to the people living there. You seem ignorant of the fact that majority of countries on earth are developing states. Just because you live in what you consider to be "first world heaven" doesn't give you the right to insult and denigrate other societies.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

Wow! I dont get to see people taking such unpopular steps like this everyday. But I must advice you to gather more information, set purpose driven long term goals before taking any action.In a nutshell, make sure your reasons are stronger than your feelings.
And when you arrive I will teach you the Benin/Edo language for free: talk about the Benin Empire that strongly resisted the British colonial `intruders`

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

you know you have great points about wanting to go back "home" and I kinda empathize with you, having been glued to news articles, TV stories, news about the "hell" African Americans face in the hands of the white men, its sad! But bit as sad as the level on intolerance amongst people of different tribes and religions here. Trust me, racism us better for these reasons: according to statistics, 20 times more people die in sectarian violence in Africa that the number if those that die in the USA over racial hate (UN reports) so get your facts right before thinking you'd gave it better in Africa. Your other reasons are miniscule so they don't really count. And even though. The African continent has the biggest history, the origin if the "black" people, and where you're amongst your "equals", who stops you from thriving in whatever location you find yourself? Nobody can stop you until you give up in yourself! My point is, I'd advice you move here for a couple of months and experience it first. Youre lucky am either ways because you have the travel documents that can jet you out whenever you get tired so ......it doesn't matter after all. Pls, don't discourage people from going to America because even though its bleeped up over there, you still have way better opportunities than living in conditions that are just too volatile!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

I finished high school. Also went to college and have a degree in specialized technology.
me thinks you! can make it in Africa because you seem determined

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
SOLARPOWER1:

Wow! I dont get to see people taking such unpopular steps like this everyday. But I must advice you to gather more information, set purpose driven long term goals before taking any action.In a nutshell, make sure your reasons are stronger than your feelings.
You need to get out more. There are several news reports covering the thousands of Africans, especially Nigerians, returning home from the west, and doing very well thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by kraftykc(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock, I see you are bent on relocating to Nigeria which is a great idea. However please hold off until afteerror the elelections before committing on cent to ANYTHING OR ANYONE.

Be safe and best of luck with your ambition.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
kraftykc:
Glamrock, I see you are bent on relocating to Nigeria which is a great idea. However please hold off until afteerror the elelections before committing on cent to ANYTHING OR ANYONE.
Be safe and best of luck with your ambition.
Abeg this election thing is it that terrible? because am going to nigeria next week, should i be worried?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
mrsirdam:
you know you have great points about wanting to go back "home" and I kinda empathize with you, having been glued to news articles, TV stories, news about the "hell" African Americans face in the hands of the white men, its sad! But bit as sad as the level on intolerance amongst people of different tribes and religions here. Trust me, racism us better for these reasons: according to statistics, 20 times more people die in sectarian violence in Africa that the number if those that die in the USA over racial hate (UN reports) so get your facts right before thinking you'd gave it better in Africa.
Your statistics are very misleading. First, the op did not complain about death caused by racism in America, but rather about racism's pervasive impact on life across all levels of society and affecting every black person there. Also, most African nations do NOT have sectarian violence, so lumping all of Africa together there is dishonest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
A case of onye nodu ebe ono, ebe onoro ana agu ya
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by 50calibre(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Calling a developing nation a "third world hell" IS talking down your country and is very disrespectful to the people living there. You seem ignorant of the fact that majority of countries on earth are developing states. Just because you live in what you consider to be "first world heaven" doesn't give you the right to insult and denigrate other societies.

Your wilful denial of the realities won't change anything. Someone comes here to seek objective advice regarding a life-changing move she's about to make, and you expect me to sugar coat the realities all in the name of sounding respectful or politically correct?

Why not tell that to the UN who ranks Nigeria as one of the poorest countries on earth? Yeah! Most countries are developing, the likes of China, Brazil, SA, etc Nigeria however, is not a developing country, it is an under-developed country, a third world among third worlds.

Nigeria's peers in terms of development are the likes of Sudan, Haiti, Somalia, Sierra Leone. Totally inhabitable for anyone who's lived their whole lives in a first world. It shouldn't even be contemplated.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
oyb:
i wonder how op will handle her first home invasion?

With me AK grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ttmacoy: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
I was about to respond when I saw your post and it says everything I have to say. Well done smiley

No 9 got me cracking because it is totally true. Many Nigerians go to church for the miracles of making money and other material things.

You are spot on regarding the diverse landscape of America with various weather types to suit everybody.

Regarding GMD food, there are loads of options for natural food if you want. Costs more but it's available e.g whole foods. You can eat very healthily in america if you want.

ogbonoeba:

9. You listen to ancestors...interesting. Don't go telling Nigerians that you can do that. Most will tell you that you are a ritualist or possessed by demons. Most Nigerians are extremely religious, but it's mostly an act. We pray so God can bless us with material wealth.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
50calibre:

Me?? angry am a very nice person but you are very rude and mean. Everyone on NL knows that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
50calibre:

Your wilful denial of the realities won't change anything. Someone comes here to seek objective advice regarding a life-changing move she's about to make, and expect me to sugar coat the realities all in the name of sounding respectful or politically correct?

Why not tell that to the UN who ranks Nigeria as one of the poorest countries on earth? Yeah! Most countries are developing, the likes of China, Brazil, SA, etc Nigeria however, is not a developing country, it is an under-developed country, a third world among third worlds.

Nigeria's peers in terms of development are the likes of Sudan, Haiti, Somalia, Sierra Leone. Totally inhabitable for anyone who's lived their whole lives in a first world. It shouldn't even be contemplated.
You're talking absolute rubbish and I sincerely hope the op is not swayed by your display of crass ignorance and dishonesty. The GDP per capita of Nigeria is far higher than Somalia, Sierra Leone, Sudan etc...and that is just one falsehood exposed out of the many you posted. Telling lies to make the country look 100% bad will get you nowhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos /  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.