Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85573 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
traware:
We are a physically and mentally lazy people.
'We are not products of our environments but products of our personal choices'-Gani Fawehinmi
You are right. I used to be very upset when I expected government to provide everything for me. It dawned on me that we are not even paying huge taxes like other countries. A man like me and my companies, I am supposed to pay 35% of my annual income as taxes if I was an American. So, I decided that if I have to spend money to provide the amenities that government is supposed to provide for me; Will it cost up to 35% of my annual income ? The answer is NO. So I put in a few millions to transform my environment and provide electricity. I am happy with that decision. I actually had to re-work the entire drainage on my street and people park and look at it with awe. For them am doing charity, for me, I believe I am using government tax money which they dont force me to pay. I feel delighted and fulfilled.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
traware:
Thesame can be said about black americans but they are in the minority.The majority are just taking one day at a time.Don't believe the hype young man.Be smart,work hard and mind your business in Ngr and you'll see what happens

Maybe most black Americans should finish high school!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
oyb:

our noisemaker storyteller strikes again

even the ceos/ ogas in my company stop at 27kva. do you have any idea how mych you will spend daily on diesel on a 60 kva generator?

then your bizarre lie about a 30kva inverter in a domestic setting. please tell us where you keep the batteries and how you maintain same.

you are pathetic. on other pages you will be celebrating 3000mw, now you are making shameless excuses for a national failure.

My house is big. Its 3 storeys. And apart from that, I have club setting within my compound and lots of floor lighting systems with outdoor music systems, it requires much more than your CEOs/Ogas needs. I do not own one company, I own more, so I am probably worth more than your Ogas (no boasting, just truth). I have a room that houses my battery bank and inverter systems, the control switches and the automatic change-over. My system is based on the IGBT system. Sorry, I talk too much.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by adconline(m): 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
Most importantly, don't forget ur wallet cos u gonna need shipload of money to live like an average American. U would have money in the bank, you are praying that ATM works, you have money in ur wallet and you are praying that there is availability of fuel to power ur gen and car.. U need lots of prayer too!!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
This is what I'm saying, this dude is just a proud idiioot.

The poor can't afford Generating set and u saying its not an excuse for not having light 24/7 here in Nigeria
how people reason and feel big here in naija #SMH

Stop cursing, it makes you look bad. You are not bad.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by azeezya2007: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Friend you better think twice before moving down to Africa. I have a friend that talk more like you and I did adviced him not to come back to Nigeria but he ignore and told me nothing can stop him not to come back home. to cut long story short after his arrival in his own home town that he get rubbed, and the family members also attacking him with juju that almost cost him his life finally through the help of some good friends abroad that he was able to buy an air ticket for himself and his family with vow that never to come back to Nigeria again.

PLEASE STAY WHERE YOU ARE UNLESS ON ONE CONDITIONS THAT YOU ARE COMING WITH REASONABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO OPEN YOUR COMPANY WITH CAREFULNESS.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Osama10(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

My house is big. Its 3 storeys. And apart from that, I have club setting within my compound and lots of floor lighting systems with outdoor music systems, it requires much more than your CEOs/Ogas needs. I do not own one company, I own more, so I am probably worth more than your Ogas (no boasting, just truth). I have a room that houses my battery bank and inverter systems, the control switches and the automatic change-over. My system is based on the IGBT system. Sorry, I talk too much.

I feel you. grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Good luck, Glamrock. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
mmsen:

From what I've seen they'd rather give their money to the church than use it for something worthwhile.

It's a question of priorities - whenever I hear people claim that there is no money in Nigeria I always shake my head.
Hahahahaha They give money to pastors and lament at home. I am sure that money can help them buy petrol for their generators or buy rechargeable lambs or even change their 60 watts bulbs to 9 watts bulbs which will consume less fuel.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Osama10:

I feel you. grin
But you didnt congratulate me.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

Oga, I'm still waiting for your thesis on the pros of living in naija over yankee. Forget me not, abeg. I need your guidance.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Osama10(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
But you didnt congratulate me.

Its included boss. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by mmsen: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

No.

People like you should talk more.

Too many of the idiots burdened with a low self-esteem like to spout their negativity on this forum, all the time.

This is how people learn, this is real education - by sharing ideas, solutions and positive experiences.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
A Nigerian goes to America and seeks Nigerian life, culture and values. Not only is that unrealistic it is also ignorant. You cannot go to any country and still expect to live your complete Nigerian life. This is basic common sense.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by tete7000(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
If you didn't grow up here, I won't advice you to come; you are definitely not built for this environment. It is tough here, nothing compares to what you think you are going through now. Sorry if I try to discourage you. That's my own opinion.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Please don't come back home Nigeria isn't a good place to live, however, if you must leave the us, then you may choose to relocate to S.A, Egypt, or Ghana, this places are better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Oga, I'm still waiting for your thesis on the pros of living in naija over yankee. Forget me not, abeg. I need your guidance.

(1) Nigeria is the best place for Nigerians. Because home is always home, you cant trade that.
(2) You pay little or no taxes in Nigeria
(3) If you are rich, you are worshiped, but in America, who knows you ?
(4) I can culture my kids, without going to jail.
(5) I can divorce my wife without losing my home and savings
(6) I can use my tax money to provide electricity for myself instead of lamenting
(7) I can commit crime and go scot-free as far as I can afford to buy a whole police station
(cool There are 100 more reasons.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
prelinctus:
Ok, let me counter this...
1) Food - Unless you are ready to start eating expired or fake products. Heck, even alomo had to put hologram seal to prove authenticity. Nafdac in this country is dead on arrival.

2) Weather - Unless you are willing to allocate 30% of your everyday budget to bleaching cream. The sun is deadly.

3) Flouride - Trust me, it's better to have flouride in your water that the things we have here. When people like terry g are into water-making business, what do you expect? Refer to 1

4) Language - Unless you are planning on moving to the rural parts of the country.

5) Culture - Refer to (4)

6)Materialism - Nigerians are worse. Do you know how much they spend on weddings(asoebi e.t.c)? Let me stop here

7) Roots - Refer to (4)

cool Spirituality - Wait till you are being told to pay gate fee to enter church, nobody will tell you to run back. It's happening already. Christ embassy, anybody?

9) Development - Get ready to pay through you nose. A case in point is where Chevron wanted to develop somewhere along alpha beach. The people of the land had the nerve to tell chevron to pay them first for wanting to develop their land o.

10) Racism - Unless you are from the minority tribe, don't bother coming back. Ethnicism and tribalism among Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba is at it's peak, and can never be stopped unless this country is divided. You wouldn't want that, would you?

A lot of what you said is untrue.

I'm no Hausa man, I'm Fulani but Hausa is most definitely the lingua franca of a lot of Nigeria. There are Africans who are very proud of their culture identity and aren't Euro wannabes like yourself.

The tribalism isn't even close to resembling the racism in the United States so that comparison was quite wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by bukeee(f): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
3 reasons why you shouldn't come back to Nigeria, 1. NEPA. 2. Bokobomb.3. TRAFFIC
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by boluyongp(m): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

You want to show her your African banana?

Ahh! No o. Just want to be her friend, showing her can lead to chaos. You know I want world peace grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Is this not the same GMO foods that the minister of agricultural gives to our farmers to plant,together with fertilizer? America wants to reduce the population of blacks in the world. I have researched this GMO foods and discovered they are very unhealthy. They are killing people's internal organs slowly. Most of the apples we buy and eat are GMO;not natural at all,and come come in form of fuit juice. We have to reject them with everything we have.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
mmsen:

No.

People like you should talk more.

Too many of the idiots burdened with a low self-esteem like to spout their negativity on this forum, all the time.

This is how people learn, this is real education - by sharing ideas, solutions and positive experiences.

Thank you. Just do me a favor. Google about America's Tax bracket. Check the category you belong. Then use whatever tax you are supposed to pay to the government and use it to provide yourself electricity. It is a simple determination. The power sector has been privatized, so who ever provides you with electricity now is charging you for it, it is business for him. If you can provide the electricity for yourself, then you can disconnect from the capitalists. This is my aim.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

Story of a failed traveler. Life is better here than abroad.
Your post is so wrong tread carefully cry
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
"Clears throat" you want to come back? Well that can be arranged.I will just speak to my father who is the king of mamunda that you my dear will be my wife .

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

(1) Nigeria is the best place for Nigerians. Because home is always home, you cant trade that.
(6) I can use my tax money to provide electricity for myself instead of lamenting
(7) I can commit crime and go scot-free as far as I can afford to buy a whole police station

internet big boy

abeg where is team ilugunboy to doxx you. na today? arent youvthe ameriacana who was calling tyenol panadol?

the beauty of the internet where every hungry pauper can form billionaire.

you have written exposes you as an empty noisemaker.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

That's what I thought, case closed.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by obitobe: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
i really buy the Op reasons, i use to live in the United Kingdom until i made up my mind to come back to Nigeria, i must say i am not regretting my actions because i am doing better than i was doing over there. the psychological effect of been lonely is there, couple with the racial discrimination. the only thing i miss over there is steady power supply, which i have managed to create by fixing an inverter and also having a generator to that effect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by LastProphet: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Speak the truth. I know there is racism in America, but I take steps to avoid encounters with law enforcement.

Good and i bet u will not have problems. the poor black parenting in America is to blame for much of the troubles. And unfortunately when incidents occur, blacks learn nothing, we just come up with our own often biased interpretation which denies us and our children valuable lessons

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
Your post is so wrong tread carefully cry
Hahahaha Freedom of Information Bill has been passed. Do not threaten me brov, I am not a coward.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by fairprince(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
shatap your mouth. blatant lie. Even if your father is the highest thief stealing from naija treasury he can't afford 24/7 power in naija.

Stop feeling as if u are special here, after all OP won't even notice u.

Who in Nigerian doesn't know we lack basic immunities

OK let me invite EFCC to your house for using 24/7 light in a day, 30 days in a Month, 365 days in a year and since u were born no blackout in your house. And u think this is not a lie. undecided
. It is true. My neighbour invested some funds around 300k on inverters and have since been having power 24/7. I m dead serious. The only thing is that he disconnected some appliances from d inverter to ensure the stored voltage lasts longer.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Shaw007(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
killerman47:
U no go talk true, mek devil shame..... u don go hustle, hustle hustle, tire, no headway, no money, u come see say life truly hard, say me no easy as u imagine, u want run back to nigeria come continue ur luck , instead u dey give lame reasons.... Madam I beg talk true mek devil shame..
pls, when will Nairaland stop admitting stupid ppl abeg??
Mehn some ppl Gats dey submit their jamb score to enta dis place

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
oyb:

internet big boy

abeg where is team ilugunboy to doxx you. na today? arent youvthe ameriacana who was calling tyenol panadol?

the beauty of the internet where every hungry pauper can form billionaire.

you have written exposes you as an empty noisemaker.

Why are you so disrespectful. Take it easy. Did I offend you ? I apologize if I did.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos /  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.