Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,174 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85585 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
Shyna112:
Please don't come back home Nigeria isn't a good place to live, however, if you must leave the us, then you may choose to relocate to S.A, Egypt, or Ghana, this places are better than Nigeria

You my friend,you are a bastard

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
fairprince:
. It is true. My neighbour invested some funds around 300k on inverters and have since been having power 24/7. I m dead serious. The only thing is that he disconnected some appliances from d inverter to ensure the stored voltage lasts longer.

That's great news to bolster what I already stated. Mine is even a 30KVA inverter/solar system with 60 pcs of 200AH batteries bank. A lot of people do not know it works.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Cchuks27(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
My sister please just stay there.
I hope the witches in your village are not doing you o?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by extension: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
you are about to make the 10 biggest mistake in your life.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
LastProphet:

Good and i bet u will not have problems. the poor black parenting in America is to blame for much of the troubles. And unfortunately when incidents occur, blacks learn nothing, we just come up with our own often biased interpretation which denies us and our children valuable lessons

Nigerian police will shoot someone for not giving enough bribe...and people say it's better than America. I hate to admit it, but most of those black kids running into cops are loafers and street urchins selling weed and crack.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Watch Drugs, Inc. and you will see what I'm talking about.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
Hahahaha Freedom of Information Bill has been passed. Do not threaten me brov, I am not a coward.
Better u listen to the Voice from High Places cry
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
Better u listen to the Voice from High Places cry
I belong to High Places.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by boluyongp(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
ogbonoeba:

I have lived in Nigeria and America, and you are going against the current. Nigerians are worse off than they used to be. When I left, the currency exchange rate was

N5 = $1.00

TODAY it is N199= $1.00

Etc

This post makes some sense..
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
I prefer Nigeria to anywere in d world.... It's more easy to MK it in naija than anywhere in the world..And plsss don't take negative comments seriously

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
I belong to High Places.
grin cheesy but my friend u should know better Rule 7 of the great book of the High place says Never never look down on the little people or the afflicted...
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
gerewilliams:
I prefer Nigeria to anywere in d world.... It's more easy to MK it in naija than anywhere in the world..And plsss don't take negative comments seriously

Yes it is, if you are connected to oil and gas. But naija needs more, it really does. What if the new normal is depressed oil prices? What will happen next?

Don't get me wrong, I love nigerian food, music and even osuofia, but we can be better.

Have you traveled to places that have less than us? You will be amazed.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
This is what I'm saying, this dude is just a proud idiioot.

The poor can't afford Generating set and u saying its not an excuse for not having light 24/7 here in Nigeria
how people reason and feel big here in naija #SMH

You seem to know more about "the poor" than they know themselves. Even roadside barber shops and bukas have generators. I guess to you they are "the rich".

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:
1. The food - GMO this and that. Unhealthy foods and seasonings giving us cancers and diabetes. Keeping people sick through foods. A science study has shown that African Americans will be extinct in America in 100yrs or less just from the food alone.

2. Weather - 9Months of cold weather and 3months of warm weather. I hate being cold I feel home sick. This is not my natural habitat. I need the sun 24/7. I need all my vitamin D intake smiley

3. Floride - in our drinking water. We can not escape it. keeping our Pineal glands decalcified. Same thing Hitler used on his holocaust victims before he exterminated his whole camp, but that's another story..

4. Language - I want to learn traditional African languages. I want to hear it and learn to speak it. Whether it be Hausa, Yoruba, igbo, basic pidgin etc.

5. Culture - here we are not taught anything prior to slavery. It wasn't until about 4 years ago when I finally learned about the truth. About my cultural history. I knew I was of African decent, I just didn't know anything else. Anything we are shown about Africa is the poverty and wars. They really keep the greatness of the culture hidden. Probably to keep us from wanting to come back because now that I know what I know I'm in love with where I came from and who I truly am. I'm 27 now with an almost 9yr old daughter. She deserves to see, learn and live her true culture. I feel so home sick embarassed

6. Materialism - so much technology so many distractions, It's nothing wrong with having nice things. People just need to realize because you have something someone else doesn't doesn't mean you're superior . ThIs can happen anywhere. I just point it out because a lot of people think because this is the "western world" it's better. We can not become robots lost in technology and materialism we just can't. We are human beings.

7. Roots - I have every right to want to come back it's my home too. I hate hearing people say I wasn't born there. What does that mean? Had my ancestors not been STOLEN I would have been born there. I am of African decent. I take pride in Africa. I'm no invader. Doesn't matter where I was born I am a child of the sun.

8. Spirituality - this is a spiritual move. Peace of mind. When The ancestors speak I listen. I know you have Christianity and Islam but I really would like to see and learn more about African traditional religions.

9. Development - I think it's time for not just me, but majority of African Americans to take our knowledge and skills back to the motherland to contribute to the continents development. Why does the world Rob Africa and then eat without her?. you are a developing country soon You wil. Have all the things you think is so great in the western world. Your resources are RICH! Just be patient

10. I think you knew this was coming. The main reason of all. INEQUALITY / RACISM
I am so sick and tired of being treated different because of the color of my skin. I am sick of watching these white people kill my people and get away with it just because whites are dominant . It's Not right. How. Long do we have to fight for freedom? We are still fight after 400+ yrs Sometimes I can't even sleep in my bed at night because I'm wondering who's next or what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm sick of being seen as less than an animal. And it's so normal here a lot of people just ignores it! I can't its an insult to my soul. I can't take it I am not free.

Now believe it or not I just gave you 10. If I told you every reason I'd be writing all night. I'm use to being discourage about this big decision I've chose in my life. So please don't Comment telling me why I should stay here and shouldn't come there. Especially if you never been here. Its different when you live here. Every body here is not rich and everybody is not living like celebrities. Out of 43million African Americans only about 1% is really living that way. I just want the truth to be told because I read all the time about Africans wanting to come here because they think it's better here, and we have it so great. We are in a constant war here. You are blessed. You are children of the sun.

Hahahahahaha.

I know you are just joking.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RotrEmmanuel: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You seem to know more about "the poor" than they know themselves. Even roadside barber shops and bukas have generators. I guess to you they are "the rich".
and road side barbers have light 24/7 #SMH for some idiots
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
EAST OR WEST HOME IS THE BEST!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Its obvious she's just coming back to marry an 'african prince'. She's looking for somebody who'd act as a father for her child.
Akata men're too smart to attach themselves to someone else's baby momma so she's looking for a Nigerian mugu.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
Yes, the Housing Loan has always been there, but lots of people are not aware of it, and the few people that are aware of it are taking advantage of it. Electricity is expensive but believe me any smart person that considers solving his electricity needs will not live a day without electricity for basic needs. Even if you live in a one room apartment, you can afford a little inverter with few panels that generate enough to light your home and electronics. Its just ignorance.
It's not just ignorance. They NEED such inconveniences in their lives because they get a psychological boost having someone to blame for them. If everything was great they wouldn't be happy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
grin cheesy but my friend u should know better Rule 7 of the great book of the High place says Never never look down on the little people or the afflicted...
I didnt look down on anyone. If I say someone is ignorant, does it mean am looking down on the person ? if someone spends about 1,000 naira daily to buy petrol for a small generator of 15,000 naira and services this generator once in a month with 2,000 naira. Let's do the maths. (365x1,000)+(2,000x12)+15,000 = 404,000 naira, this is without the money spent to transport him/herself to the filling station. And the less than that can buy a 3.5KVA inverter system with required battery bank. And with a little more cash he can put up solar panels that readily frees him from noise, from tfare to filling station. Nnah, the ignorance is just too much, I no want to educate people anymore, am tired.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
and road side barbers have light 24/7 #SMH for some idiots
You clearly have a low IQ.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by KingIU(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
great come back, there is not holding you we are willing to accept you but one question how do you know you are from Nigeria. not that im telling you not to come to Nigeria oh

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RotrEmmanuel: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You clearly have a low IQ.
Yea! I copied low IQ from your Biological dad.

That's y Road side barbers are known for 24/7 power usage here in naija with power generating set( I pass my neighbour)
#SMH
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
vokalguy:

On a more serious note, am I the only one on this thread who hates the fact that every post, literally EVERY damn post has to have something about GEJ being the best thing since slice bread?! Your 'savior' is a no action president! Get a life and stop sucking his d**k. Terrorists are gradually taking over the country and he has not been able to contain them. How many people are unemployed? Has the cost of living gone down? Do you have electricity? Do you have clean water? Do you have good roads? So exactly what the f**k has he done that has gotten you wet?
Exactly, some folks are just crazy.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
ivoryhouse:

Thank you for this great contribution. Nigeria is full of mentally lazy young and even old people who think other people are the cause of their problems but on interacting with them for a few seconds you will see that their mental laxity is their biggest problem.
@op Nigeria is a beautiful place to live in with lots of friendly and supportive people. A visit will not be a bad idea. Someone said you should be careful with how you do cash transactions with people, I agree with him. We hope to see pictures of your visit as soon as you decide.
Hahahaha.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
10 reasons to keep your arse permanently in US

1. Insecurity. BH, PDPeegs, robbers, kidnappers

2. Electricity. Dem don sell nepa and the pesin wei buyam swear say na 2 hours of light per day be the ration.

3. No jobs. If you come here na wetin u wan do when ur dollars run out?

4. Corruption. Noting dey work o. You dey enter futuristic subway trains there u wan come here dey enter GEJ coal fired refurbished horrors?

5. Very few churches left. The majority are business centers.

6. Bomb effrywhere

7. As petrol cheap for there him expensive here o

8. Even MBC for satellite don run leave naija o, so remain with ya netflix and hulu.

9. There's neither ham nor burger in our hamburgers, but i swear there are stray dogs in our hotdogs.

10. As soon as you land your relatives will finish your dollars.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Nigerian police will shoot someone for not giving enough bribe...and people say it's better than America. I hate to admit it, but most of those black kids running into cops are loafers and street urchins selling weed and crack.
Name one person you know or heard was shot by Nigerian police "for not giving enough bribe". Let me guess.........you can't, but are just typing through your asss because you hate yourself and your country.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by mzchinny(f): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nice thread. Good thing there's still africaness in you. Naija is your home and you're always welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Tininitanana(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmmm, it veery hard to find reasonable women like you. I'm very happy with all you've written and they're fact and I also concur with you. If, really you meant that I wish you the best. I've never have reason to leave Naija except for holidays because we are blessed beyond man's thinking even though we have pending issues here and there but we are great people with huge potentials and many more. I wish I can teach you Hausa and Jju languages because am very good and from there. Good bless you ma'am and your daughter.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by R0ckefeller: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:
1. The food - GMO this and that. Unhealthy foods and seasonings giving us cancers and diabetes. Keeping people sick through foods. A science study has shown that African Americans will be extinct in America in 100yrs or less just from the food alone.

2. Weather - 9Months of cold weather and 3months of warm weather. I hate being cold I feel home sick. This is not my natural habitat. I need the sun 24/7. I need all my vitamin D intake smiley

3. Floride - in our drinking water. We can not escape it. keeping our Pineal glands decalcified. Same thing Hitler used on his holocaust victims before he exterminated his whole camp, but that's another story..

4. Language - I want to learn traditional African languages. I want to hear it and learn to speak it. Whether it be Hausa, Yoruba, igbo, basic pidgin etc.

5. Culture - here we are not taught anything prior to slavery. It wasn't until about 4 years ago when I finally learned about the truth. About my cultural history. I knew I was of African decent, I just didn't know anything else. Anything we are shown about Africa is the poverty and wars. They really keep the greatness of the culture hidden. Probably to keep us from wanting to come back because now that I know what I know I'm in love with where I came from and who I truly am. I'm 27 now with an almost 9yr old daughter. She deserves to see, learn and live her true culture. I feel so home sick embarassed

6. Materialism - so much technology so many distractions, It's nothing wrong with having nice things. People just need to realize because you have something someone else doesn't doesn't mean you're superior . ThIs can happen anywhere. I just point it out because a lot of people think because this is the "western world" it's better. We can not become robots lost in technology and materialism we just can't. We are human beings.

7. Roots - I have every right to want to come back it's my home too. I hate hearing people say I wasn't born there. What does that mean? Had my ancestors not been STOLEN I would have been born there. I am of African decent. I take pride in Africa. I'm no invader. Doesn't matter where I was born I am a child of the sun.

8. Spirituality - this is a spiritual move. Peace of mind. When The ancestors speak I listen. I know you have Christianity and Islam but I really would like to see and learn more about African traditional religions.

9. Development - I think it's time for not just me, but majority of African Americans to take our knowledge and skills back to the motherland to contribute to the continents development. Why does the world Rob Africa and then eat without her?. you are a developing country soon You wil. Have all the things you think is so great in the western world. Your resources are RICH! Just be patient

10. I think you knew this was coming. The main reason of all. INEQUALITY / RACISM
I am so sick and tired of being treated different because of the color of my skin. I am sick of watching these white people kill my people and get away with it just because whites are dominant . It's Not right. How. Long do we have to fight for freedom? We are still fight after 400+ yrs Sometimes I can't even sleep in my bed at night because I'm wondering who's next or what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm sick of being seen as less than an animal. And it's so normal here a lot of people just ignores it! I can't its an insult to my soul. I can't take it I am not free.

Now believe it or not I just gave you 10. If I told you every reason I'd be writing all night. I'm use to being discourage about this big decision I've chose in my life. So please don't Comment telling me why I should stay here and shouldn't come there. Especially if you never been here. Its different when you live here. Every body here is not rich and everybody is not living like celebrities. Out of 43million African Americans only about 1% is really living that way. I just want the truth to be told because I read all the time about Africans wanting to come here because they think it's better here, and we have it so great. We are in a constant war here. You are blessed. You are children of the sun.
have u ever asked urself y mlk didn't fight for african americans to b deported back to there various africa countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by twosquare(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
Its hard to believe but true. 30KVA inverter/solar turnkey system +60KVA Generator+Public Power supply does it. Its determination my brother. I did not have to wait for government to create a paradise for me.
u be correct man jare...how much is that 30KVA inverter/solar? Give me a spec. @law001, happy birthday dear(send me my own cake or....)

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:

I am so sick and tired of being treated different because of the color of my skin. I am sick of watching these white people kill my people and get away with it just because whites are dominant . It's Not right. How. Long do we have to fight for freedom? We are still fight after 400 yrs Sometimes I can't even sleep in my bed at night because I'm wondering who's next or what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm sick of being seen as less than an animal. And it's so normal here a lot of people just ignores it! I can't its an insult to my soul. I can't take it I am not free.

You are and always will be welcome home.... Its a place wher you get to experience true fun and life itself.... our country is just like any other in terms of what you hear over the news of terrorism... Every locationtion has red zones and areas that are not but there are states that are as peaceful as it can ever get.... One great location, Is the City of Lagos, another is Calabar, we have Enugu, Ibadan and a host of others.... When you come, the people will make you feel welcome and at home but beware..... There are those who will want to take advantage of your naivity of the country but they re minut..... In all, You'll enjoy your stay whenever you come Home....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos /  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.