Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari (5511 Views)

Mastermind Of Planned Overthrow Of President Buhari Arrested By DSS (photos) / Military Scheming To Overthrow Buhari - Militants / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari by tempest69: 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nctrice:
Hmmmm when kids come on Nairaland.com

So because it's a call to serve makes it legitimate to shove Aside his integrity? The very integrity that got him recommended at first!
hmmmm and when an adult reason like an infant
Re: The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari by 9jatriot(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
Strong.
BronzeMan:
Finally, someone had quoted Max Siollun earlier. If you are here ranting and raving, please research Max before continuing.

Here is what had to say about Buhari

=======================================================
FOR BETTER OR WORSE?

Ironically, the same people who prematurely rejoiced at Buhari and Idiagbon’s downfall are the same people who today recall their tenure with nostalgia. If Buhari and Idiagbon had been allowed to stay in office for as long as Babangida did, they would have changed Nigeria forever – for the better. As usual, Nigerians have only themselves to blame for creating the circumstances that led to their downfall.

Journalists who thought that better times lay ahead post-Buhari need only recall the murder of Dele Giwa to see how wrong they were. The prisoners who thought that life would be less harsh under Babangida and Abacha should recall the consistent harassment and death of Gani Fawehinmi and Moshood Abiola respectively. People complained about the draconian Decree 2 of 1984 – the State security (Detention of Persons) Decree which permitted the Federal Military Government to detain any person considered by the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters to be a security threat, for up to three months without charge or trial. Civil liberties organisations fumed and breathed a sigh of relief when Babangida took over, expecting Babangida to repeal Decree 2. Babangida not only retained it, but extended the detention period under Decree 2 to six months and used it to detain those civil liberties and pro-democracy movements that had welcomed his assent to power.

Those that felt that Buhari and Idiagbon were too “harsh” for imprisoning corrupt public officials, executing convicted drug dealers and armed robbers, should ask themselves whether they are proud of the fact that the average European cannot point out Nigeria’s location on a map, does not know its capital city, but “knows” that Nigeria is a country where corrupt people, drug dealers and other criminals come from. Those that criticised the WAI for attempting to militarise civilian society need to ask themselves whether they prefer the undisciplined, corruption infested society that is Nigeria today.

Nigeria missed a golden opportunity to change for the better.
Re: The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari by saintopus(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
In the other News, Shagari and
family heartily thanked Gen. M
Buhari for taking over
government in 1982 describing
his(Shagari) government as
massively corrupt "
Further to show how GMB is not
a religious bigot, he gave out his
daighter to Lt. Col Mathew
Nwachukwu from Anambra to
marry
patewo!!!!
Re: The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari by saintopus(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
saintopus:
In the other News, Shagari and
family heartily thanked Gen. M
Buhari for taking over
government in 1982 describing
his(Shagari) government as
massively corrupt "
Further to show how GMB is not
a religious bigot, he gave out his
daighter to Lt. Col Mathew
Nwachukwu from Anambra to
marry
patewo!!!!

Sorry please, it was not an
Anambra Col. that he gave out
his daughter to, it was an Ijaw
man by name Col. Pere Agwai!!!
Re: The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari by Chiaka(f): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2015
Hmn! So Babangida did and handed over to Buhari to rule....... Nothing when we no go hear. Nobody knew Babangida that much until he overthrew Buhari......Or meaning Babangida was Buhari friends then and hated to rule so handed over to Buhari and later succeeded him in a coup....and he Buhari dint think it to be something evil to unseat a democratically elected government......he would simply have called back in Alh. Shehu Shagari back to seat and not occupy until he was kicked out the same way he came in........STOP toying with our minds everyone knows Buhari oust a democratically elected government to rule........I reserve my comment until he loses again..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo : Why are this igbos disgracing themselves over this fulani man? / Despite Growth Promise, Power Supply Averages 3,952MW / Picture Of Aba North That Will Make One Shed Tears -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.