Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! (4707 Views)

Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stronger: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
stephengee:
Don't u think this might damage any chance of the next PDP candidate.... so I guess u may be wrong

LOL! You are absolutely correct. . but only in a sane NIGERIAN POLITICAL SPACE!! A sane Nigerian political space is just like santa claus. . it doesn't exist!

Do you think GEJ cares about the next PDP candidate?
After 5 years of governance, it was only until the last 3 weeks to election he started running around doing stuff and you think after these elections he will look that far ahead to perform for the next PDp candidate? grin grin grin grin

Not gonna happen. But thankfully, this is all FICTION because he will be voted out!
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Change2015(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Fine...let's go this way...
1)Oyegun isn't fresh into politics...what was his achievement as Edo governor ...let's leave his other sojourns in politics...what image does he represent in Nigeria?

2)For you to advocate a tinubu for Nigeria shows who you are and what you represent and what your dreams for Nigeria are...enough said for now...

3)Do you read Nigeria history... who's buhari? do you know his economic plans then? his human right statistics? his ethnic centred policies?...his style of governance?... what new is he bringing?...what's his development blueprint for this his recent sojourn?

4)Osibanjo has been part of tinubu dynasty...if he sees nothing wrong with tinubu as a master; then his own portfolio is questionable...

Tunde Bakare said he's afraid of buhari environment though he trusts buhari...As for me; I follow history hence buhari antecedents & past doesn't encourage a second chance...

Please provide evidence of what you call Buhari’s ethnic centered policies. Innuendo will not suffice. We do know how the pdp supporters love to smear a good reputation with questionable facts.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by PassingShot(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Fine...let's go this way...
1)Oyegun isn't fresh into politics...what was his achievement as Edo governor ...let's leave his other sojourns in politics...what image does he represent in Nigeria?

2)For you to advocate a tinubu for Nigeria shows who you are and what you represent and what your dreams for Nigeria are...enough said for now...

3)Do you read Nigeria history... who's buhari? do you know his economic plans then? his human right statistics? his ethnic centred policies?...his style of governance?... what new is he bringing?...what's his development blueprint for this his recent sojourn?

4)Osibanjo has been part of tinubu dynasty...if he sees nothing wrong with tinubu as a master; then his own portfolio is questionable...

Tunde Bakare said he's afraid of buhari environment though he trusts buhari...As for me; I follow history hence buhari antecedents & past doesn't encourage a second chance...

You can't be convinced as your mind is made up against the APC team. Fortunately, many Nigerians know that APC has more men of integrity than PDP that can hardly boast of a single unquestionable character beginning from Jona to their looting ministers.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
torkaka:

1 . . . .a man who says 'I don't give a damn' in reference to citizens query is not morally fit to lead them

2 . . . .when Buhari was military head, how did the hawks around him fare? didn't they counter coup (sic) him because of his stand?

3 . . . .a Jerry Rawlings and a Robert Mugabe who will you go for?

4 . . . .The people you mentioned, have they been appointed ministers by Buhari and has he turned the other way as they misuse their office?

. . . . . . . . .you are yet to get a thing on me

Wow...you want us to talk about morality?
1)A man who overthrew a Democratic government; does he have a moral right to seek leadership under democracy?...
2)A man who called his people beasts; does he have the moral right to ask for their votes?
3)A man who killed youths using retroactive law; what moral right does he have to govern again?
4)A man who didn't allow freedom of expression and association; what moral right does he have to seek such privilege?...enough said for now...

When buhari was head of state; the hawks around him like Gov. Awwal; Jokolo;etc all enjoyed undue privilege...

Yes, they have misused their offices before hence we already know what they represent...and they call the shots for buhari...remember his interview yesterday; where amechi has to finish for him...Whats the brain behind investing billions in campaigns for buhari by all these guys?...are they charity organisations...
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...you want us to talk about morality?
1)A man who overthrew a Democratic government; does he have a moral right to seek leadership under democracy?...
2)A man who called his people beasts; does he have the moral right to ask for their votes?
3)A man who killed youths using retroactive law; what moral right does he have to govern again?
4)A man who didn't allow freedom of expression and association; what moral right does he have to seek such privilege?...enough said for now...

When buhari was head of state; the hawks around him like Gov. Awwal; Jokolo;etc all enjoyed undue privilege...

Yes, they have misused their offices before hence we already know what they represent...and they call the shots for buhari...remember his interview yesterday; where amechi has to finish for him...Whats the brain behind investing billions in campaigns for buhari by all these guys?...are they charity organisations...

. . . . . . .will respond to you when I leave the toilet
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

You can't be convinced as your mind is made up against the APC team. Fortunately, many Nigerians know that APC has more men of integrity than PDP that can hardly boast of a single unquestionable character beginning from Jona to their looting ministers.

Show me the men of integrity in APC?...Is it buhari who said he took loan to buy form of 27m and his wife was seen giving 138m to IDP with children abroad...who refused to apologize for his inhuman treatment against Nigeria and Nigerians?... who refused to present his certificate thus laying foundation for 'sacred cows' in our constitution?... Awarding ALL projects initiation, execution, supervision, etc to one company (his in law)?...campaigning against his country because his Fulani brother from Niger republic is contesting too?...Saying abacha did not loot even with all the evidence around...

Who's that man of integrity in APC..who are they? are they ghosts?...where are the names?...

BTW did you read what APC Tunde Bakare' s view about Buhari & APC cronies

I can be convinced with superior view and information...
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by francizy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Hypocrites they are...This will show you that it isn't about lack of leadership of Jonathan or whatever they accuse him of...but because of his ethnicity and background as bloody civilian...otherwise what can a buhari who bastardized Nigerian economy in his prime, be able to do better with age and technology against him...

E tire me bro. I just weak for this people. I don't see much good in the PDP of today but I see a greater good ahead. I wouldn't have voted if election came on 14th of February because I was still observing the candidates, parties and supporters. That was how I saw the evil emanating from these broom gangs. I had to change my mind and root for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
Change2015:

Please provide evidence of what you call Buhari’s ethnic centered policies. Innuendo will not suffice. We do know how the pdp supporters love to smear a good reputation with questionable facts.

#change
#GMB
#APC

As head of state; buhari jailed ekwueme and left shagari under house arrest...
He left Gov Awwal under house arrest and jailed Ondo governor...
He jailed fela and left jokolo to walk free...

Do you want more?

Between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu of Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the OAU. At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, there was a major stumbling block to Peter Onu’s candidature: his Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, was campaigning against him.
In the election of the OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man from Nigeria.
By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-superior-presidential-material-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:

E tire me bro. I just weak for this people. I don't see much good in the PDP of today but I see a greater good ahead. I wouldn't have voted if election came on 14th of February because I was still observing the candidates, parties and supporters. That was how I saw the evil emanating from these broom gangs. I had to change my mind and root for GEJ.

Wow...a classical dividend of election postponement you are...thank God...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Change2015(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

As head of state; buhari jailed ekwueme and left shagari under house arrest...
He left Gov Awwal under house arrest and jailed Ondo governor...
He jailed fela and left jokolo to walk free...

Do you want more?

Between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu of Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the OAU. At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, there was a major stumbling block to Peter Onu’s candidature: his Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, was campaigning against him.
In the election of the OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man from Nigeria.
By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-superior-presidential-material-buhari/

I am sorry but this is a thin and not credible argument. First of all Ekwuemes residence when searched produced a volume of dollars that needed explaining and he was detained pending the outcome (you jail people after a conviction). The operations of the coup were masterminded by General IBB and Bako, and Buhari who had little involvement in it was selected as the most credible person to head the junta. And he has made it clear that he accepts responsibility for that regimes actions. One would also need to know what he knew about Peter Onu that he strongly objected to. Buhari is the same man that worked with Israeli security operatives to containerise Umaru Dikko in the UK in a failed attempt to bring him to justice. He is the same man who was instrumental in getting Dora Akunyili to head the fledgling Nafdac, because he remembered her honesty from years before. You are the one determined to see some Fulani plot in his actions, but he has many friends across the nation who testify to his good character and uprightness, even the Igbo man who says that during the civil war aftermath, he saved the man and his car from being looted by fellow soldiers, and had his harassers punished.
Your charge is not well founded, but I understand this is election season. Even the government has not come out with this kind of empty rhetoric because it is truly easy to dismiss.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth and change 2015, keep the arguments coming....I'm really learning a lot from you both. ...I'm happy you guys have maintain a healthy and quiet debate. ..I'm impressed. No name calling and insults. ..I'm really learning. ...

I believe at the end, whichever the direction the compass points, Nigeria's in for progress and real development. ..If reelected, GEJ will definitely perform beyond description, beyond words. ....
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:

You're not alone....Many thousands of people were almost armtwisted into believing the APC lies. ...the postponement came and many saw some truths hitherto carefully hidden under the change garb. .i almost fell for it......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by PassingShot(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Show me the men of integrity in APC?...Is it buhari who said he took loan to buy form of 27m and his wife was seen giving 138m to IDP with children abroad...who refused to apologize for his inhuman treatment against Nigeria and Nigerians?... who refused to present his certificate thus laying foundation for 'sacred cows' in our constitution?... Awarding ALL projects initiation, execution, supervision, etc to one company (his in law)?...campaigning against his country because his Fulani brother from Niger republic is contesting too?...Saying abacha did not loot even with all the evidence around...

Who's that man of integrity in APC..who are they? are they ghosts?...where are the names?...

Pathetic liar of the highest order!

Buhari's wife didn't donate anything from her pocket. The donation was contributed by various interest parties to a group which she leads.

Buhari has only a daughter abroad and we have since known that he sold a property to be able to do that.

It's worthless discussing anything with you. Sorry!
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Buhari's wife didn't donate anything from her pocket. The donation was contributed by various interest parties to a group which she leads.

Buhari has only a daughter abroad and we have since known that he sold a property to be able to do that.

I haven't insulted you bro...present facts not gossips...I
don't do lies and propaganda like APC and buhari...I CHALLENGE YOU TO COUNTER ANY OF THOSE FACTS I PRESENTED...

Which group contributed... lolz... it seems lies is irreplaceable component of APC DNA...

http://www.punchng.com/news/buharis-wife-donates-n135m-drugs-to-adamawa-idps/

Show me the group that donated in that report...who's the liar now...lolz
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by bondingman: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
Bayswater:
There is this new found vigour by the Nigerian masses, they now have a strong belief that their votes will count.

It has never happened in the history of this country.

Something must be responsible for this, I know some people will scream change but it goes beyond that.
Yes you are very right
In OBJ's time, there was no need wasting your vote BC d winner had already been decided before the election
But now,
We have a true democrat as president who believes in a free, fair and credible election
Kudos to our dear president GEJ
Nigeria is moving forward with democrat GEJ
#neveragain will we go back to d days of tyranny with buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by bondingman: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
folksync:
Nice one, OP. I hope GMB wins to at least pass across this bold message to all politicians, including GMB himself, that the period of accountability has come. It is either you serve well or get kicked out.

GMB is a retired military man n is of the stock of OBJ; your votes wouldn't count when he's in charge
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
bondingman:

Yes you are very right
In OBJ's time, there was no need wasting your vote BC d winner had already been decided before the election
But now,
We have a true democrat as president who believes in a free, fair and credible election
Kudos to our dear president GEJ
Nigeria is moving forward with democrat GEJ
#neveragain will we go back to d days of tyranny with buhari

Yeah. You're vvery correct. Mr. President is a true democrat, and he's shown that all over and over again. He's largely responsible for the present unpredictability in the forthcoming elections- a very good omen for us....and I think we will repay him with our votes. ....

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by PassingShot(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I haven't insulted you bro...present facts not gossips...I
don't do lies and propaganda like APC and buhari...I CHALLENGE YOU TO COUNTER ANY OF THOSE FACTS I PRESENTED...

Which group contributed... lolz... it seems lies is irreplaceable component of APC DNA...

Show me the group that donated in that report...who's the liar now...lolz

I didn't know that calling a person that has told lies a liar is an insult. Pardon my ignorance.

Done and out.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Change2015:

I am sorry but this is a thin and not credible argument. First of all Ekwuemes residence when searched produced a volume of dollars that needed explaining and he was detained pending the outcome (you jail people after a conviction). The operations of the coup were masterminded by General IBB and Bako, and Buhari who had little involvement in it was selected as the most credible person to head the junta. And he has made it clear that he accepts responsibility for that regimes actions. One would also need to know what he knew about Peter Onu that he strongly objected to. Buhari is the same man that worked with Israeli security operatives to containerise Umaru Dikko in the UK in a failed attempt to bring him to justice. He is the same man who was instrumental in getting Dora Akunyili to head the fledgling Nafdac, because he remembered her honesty from years before. You are the one determined to see some Fulani plot in his actions, but he has many friends across the nation who testify to his good character and uprightness, even the Igbo man who says that during the civil war aftermath, he saved the man and his car from being looted by fellow soldiers, and had his harassers punished.
Your charge is not well founded, but I understand this is election season. Even the government has not come out with this kind of empty rhetoric because it is truly easy to dismiss.

#change
#GMB
#APC

Bro, you're really funny...Someone gave you names; dates; places and events with even source for further reading and you have the temerity to say it is "thin" and then proceeded to render a tales by moonlight as authentic facts & figures with no source; date; events or places...how ridiculous can it get again?...I CHALLENGE YOU TO COUNTER ANY OF THOSE FACTS...NOT beer parlour gist ooo...present facts and figures to counter me...

1)Investigation by buhari's panel showed that Ekwueme left government POORER than he came in but a buhari wouldn't hear of it...why?

2)Buhari even in his own recent interview accepted being a coup plotter and you're here distorting facts...

3)If buhari accepts responsibility; has he apologized

4)Buhari NEVER worked with Israeli security but hired an illicit agent and medical practitioner who drugged Umar Dikko before the arrest of those men in Heathrow and subsequent imprisonment while Dikko was freed...this sparked diplomatic unrest between UK and Nigeria...

5)Buhari ONLY gave Akunyili a letter of commendation for her sincerity...Years later, Obj wanted a sincere person to head NAFDAC; friends who were privy to that event now recommended Akunyili to Obj...buhari didn't recommend or appoint her into nafdac plz...

6)What justification does a head of state have to campaign against his country... If your country's candidate isn't good enough; why not pick another person from your country as candidate...

7)I wonder if you understand the meaning of empty rhetoric otherwise between myself who gave you facts with verifiable source and yourself who is sharing beer parlour gist without a SINGLE source; who's presenting "empty rhetoric"....

Let me give you more sources again... PRESENT YOURS TO COUNTER ME...

https://therealbuhari./

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/buhari-will-never-president-nigeria/

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/as-ex-coup-plotter-buhari-not-qualified-to-rule-–-dele-momodu/

And read this too: Ekwueme was never tried but was illegally detained for 20 months.
Hear him:
"I waited for them for 20 months and they didn’t even come to ask me a question
because I was the first person to be detained from December 31".
Read this Ekwueme's interview: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=8561

DO YOU WANT MORE EVIDENCE... Lolz...
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

I didn't know that calling a person that has told lies a liar is an insult. Pardon my ignorance.

Done and out.

Out for what?...Are you running in the face of facts and figures?....What do you have to say about the link I gave you?...Are you still insisting that a group instead of Madam Buhari donated.... APC and lies are like Siamese twins...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Out for what?...Are you running in the face of facts and figures?....What do you have to say about the link I gave you?...Are you still insisting that a group instead of Madam Buhari donated.... APC and lies are like Siamese twins...

I've not known this guy to run away from arguments, especially those involving facts and figures! Expect a reply from him.

U both are doing great...I'm the umpire here.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Whynotthetruth :
Show me the men of integrity in APC?...Is it buhari who said he took loan to buy form
of 27m and his wife was seen giving 138m to IDP with children abroad ...who
refused to apologize for his inhuman treatment against Nigeria and Nigerians?... who
refused to present his certificate thus laying foundation for 'sacred cows' in our
constitution?... Awarding ALL projects initiation, execution, supervision, etc to one
company (his in law)?...campaigning against his country because his Fulani brother
from Niger republic is contesting too?...Saying abacha did not loot even with all the
evidence around...
Who's that man of integrity in APC ..who are they? are they ghosts?...where are
the names?...

Which of them is a lie bro
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

I've not known this guy to run away from arguments, especially those involving facts and figures! Expect a reply from him.

U both are doing great...I'm the umpire here.

lolz...I am waiting
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stephengee(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
stronger:

LOL! You are absolutely correct. . but only in a sane NIGERIAN POLITICAL SPACE!! A sane Nigerian political space is just like santa claus. . it doesn't exist!

Do you think GEJ cares about the next PDP candidate?
After 5 years of governance, it was only until the last 3 weeks to election he started running around doing stuff and you think after these elections he will look that far ahead to perform for the next PDp candidate? grin grin grin grin

Not gonna happen. But thankfully, this is all FICTION because he will be voted out!
smh..until last 3 weeks? what you will say is 'its the last 3 weeks I started paying attention to gej doings' . Gej has being working since day one only that u don't want to see it
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
Make una dey talk....i dey come....Make I reach Camp Nou first. ..

Barca vs Man City!
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stronger: 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
stephengee:
smh..until last 3 weeks? what you will say is 'its the last 3 weeks I started paying attention to gej doings' . Gej has being working since day one only that u don't want to see it

Okay sir! GEJ is the best president the world has ever seen! GEJ til 78595758998767! grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stephengee(m): 11:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
stronger:

Okay sir! GEJ is the best president the world has ever seen! GEJ til 78595758998767! grin grin grin grin
let your sentiments stay with you
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Change2015(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, you're really funny...Someone gave you names; dates; places and events with even source for further reading and you have the temerity to say it is "thin" and then proceeded to render a tales by moonlight as authentic facts & figures with no source; date; events or places...how ridiculous can it get again?...I CHALLENGE YOU TO COUNTER ANY OF THOSE FACTS...NOT beer parlour gist ooo...present facts and figures to counter me...

1)Investigation by buhari's panel showed that Ekwueme left government POORER than he came in but a buhari wouldn't hear of it...why?

2)Buhari even in his own recent interview accepted being a coup plotter and you're here distorting facts...

3)If buhari accepts responsibility; has he apologized

4)Buhari NEVER worked with Israeli security but hired an illicit agent and medical practitioner who drugged Umar Dikko before the arrest of those men in Heathrow and subsequent imprisonment while Dikko was freed...this sparked diplomatic unrest between UK and Nigeria...

5)Buhari ONLY gave Akunyili a letter of commendation for her sincerity...Years later, Obj wanted a sincere person to head NAFDAC; friends who were privy to that event now recommended Akunyili to Obj...buhari didn't recommend or appoint her into nafdac plz...

6)What justification does a head of state have to campaign against his country... If your country's candidate isn't good enough; why not pick another person from your country as candidate...

7)I wonder if you understand the meaning of empty rhetoric otherwise between myself who gave you facts with verifiable source and yourself who is sharing beer parlour gist without a SINGLE source; who's presenting "empty rhetoric"....

Let me give you more sources again... PRESENT YOURS TO COUNTER ME...

https://therealbuhari./

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/buhari-will-never-president-nigeria/

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/as-ex-coup-plotter-buhari-not-qualified-to-rule-–-dele-momodu/

And read this too: Ekwueme was never tried but was illegally detained for 20 months.
Hear him:
"I waited for them for 20 months and they didn’t even come to ask me a question
because I was the first person to be detained from December 31".
Read this Ekwueme's interview: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=8561

DO YOU WANT MORE EVIDENCE... Lolz...

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/112414-why-babangida-overthrew-detained-me-buhari.html
The general gave a telling portrait of the military coup that brought him to power, and that which saw him pushed out of office and thrown into detention.

He denied ever participating in coup plotting, and said he was merely invited as the most senior officer to take over the reins of governance after Mr. Shagari, the second republic president, was sacked.

Those backers later “changed their minds” and booted him out of office, he said.

A key reason for this, he said, was his attempt to retire Mr. Gusau, and potentially, Mr. Babangida. Mr. Gusau, a well-connected intelligence officer, has remained a long standing associate of Mr. Babangida.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/interview/ibb-not-buhari-overthrew-shagaris-govt-col-nyiam/
You once said soldiers could be recruited for a coup without their knowledge. How is that possible?

Yes, there are many instances. You might want to verify this from Gen. Buhari, he was not the initiator of that coup that brought him in as Head of State, it was Gen. Ibrahim Bako and Babangida that initiated it. But because they wanted a credible figure as a face, he was brought in. He did not know the genesis of that coup. He was not quite aware of the original idea behind the coup and that was why when he decided to make a change, he was forced to step aside. So, if this could happen to a whole Gen. Buhari, who was supposedly the leader of a coup, it shows how many soldiers can be brought in that way.

Does that mean overthrowing Shagari’s government was IBB’s idea?

It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity.

Can you give other instances?

Gen. Yakubu Gowon was not part of the coup that brought him in. He was a decent man. Nigerians like to play what the Yoruba people call bojuboju; they bring a figure with integrity to cover up their real intention; the real intention of politicians in uniform who have found cheap party. Many elements of them are in our partisan politics today.

That means such heads of states were under the control of the coup plotters that installed them.

Obviously. And these people are still the reason why we are not allowed to have a proper census, they are still the ones ensuring that we don’t have a conference as well as a free and fair election because if you give the people their rights to choose who to governs them, you have freed them and these oligarchs don’t want that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dikko_affair
Mossad sources across Europe were mobilized, but all failed to locate any trace of Dikko. However, Mossad Director-General Nahum Admoni decided that Dikko was probably in London, which had become a haven for Nigerian exiles critical of the new regime. Mossad katsas, accompanied by Nigerian security service agents led by ex-Nigerian Army Major Mohammed Yusufu, traveled to London. The Nigerian team rented an apartment on Cromwell Road and posed as refugees from the new regime. The Mossad agents rented rooms in hotels catering to tourists from Africa, and posed as anti-apartheid activists. Working separately, the two teams moved among the Nigerian expat community in London, gradually narrowing their search to West London, to the area around Hyde Park, where many wealthy Nigerian exiles lived. They combed the electoral registers freely available in the area's town halls, but found no trace of Dikko.

On 30 June 1984, a Mossad agent driving down Queensway spotted Dikko[citation needed]. He parked his car and then tailed Dikko on foot to his house in Porchester Terrace. Admoni was immediately informed, and ordered surveillance on the house. From then on, the house was constantly watched, while the Nigerians, using their London embassy as a base, prepared a kidnapping operation. Meanwhile, the Mossad recruited Dr. Levi-Arie Shapiro, an Israeli doctor who was a consultant anesthetist and director of the intensive care unit at HaSharon Hospital, to fly to London and participate in the operation. Shapiro's job would be to drug Dikko, and insert an endotracheal tube to keep him from choking on his own vomit whilst being transported in a crate.[3]

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/26/anytime-buhari-contests-they-dredge-false-accusations-sectionalism-ptf%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-columnist

https://www.nairaland.com/2204459/never-plotted-coup-throughout-military
Happy now?

#change
#GMB
#APC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Left 9 Billion In Liquid Cash Not 75 Billion....obiano / Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive Dr Kemi Reconfirm With Pictures Proof / List Of The 14 Most Useless Organisations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.