Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan (28395 Views)

EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana / BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Beedude(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
bettercreature:
Nonsense!mama peace is going nowhere i so much like this woman she's a dream of every man who wish to be successful sai BUhari

Another confused fellow .. Why dream of everyman ? Where do u put Dora Akuyile , Folorunsho Alakija .

Moral; you don't need to shout to be known or relevant , without advert Garri sell pass Noodles
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by docconceptscom: 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
imagine

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Cellytones: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
If ICC wants to investigate Mama P's statement, how about those who once said; "Blood will flow should we loose the election"?
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by queensmith: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
If they can gather evidence that PEJ is responsible for the harassment of Governor Amaechi then the courts in Nigeria can send her to prison, it wouldn't need to go to ICC level self.
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by queensmith: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Cellytones:
If ICC wants to investigate Mama P's statement, how about those who once said; "Blood will flow should we loose the election"?

Yes it's true - They should also begin proceedings against Tompolo and Asari Dokubo for those statements

1 Like

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
Blitz888:

Must we all decend to this ignoble level of senseless mudslinging...
Buhari's comments are all over the media with verifiable and substantiable evidence... In case you don't understand Hausa do well to ask those who do to translate for you what he said in that his widely circulated video airing daily on NTA & AIT or are you gonna deny you haven't seen it.

How so soon you've forgotten that Amaechi ever made that threat that APC would run a parallel govt.. If you're plagued with amnesia. please, urgently seek medical help and quit being a jerk.
I am neither PDP nor APC .. I am just a concerned citizen who believes in fairness, equity and Justice.
The reality today is that the two Political gladiators in our arena are both cut from the same cloth.
See through their deception and stop living in denial.

If there is any real evidence, PDP too will head to ICC. Get that...
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
wakacome:
What is this one saying??where you not in nigeria when APC demanded an apology??and even ffk also said no one will apologize to them so what are you saying??if APC do not report her to ICC then who should they report her to??your hospital??..sometimes when I read comments like yours I begin to wonder if you don't listen to news or may be you are just simply dumb....
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
Samunique:
The only sensible and reasonable comment so far, very objective ! Not all these cowbell comments without any iota of sense.

Thank u sir/ma !!!!

You are welcome bro.Thanks.
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
bayulll01:

U seem myopic in ur analysis if you the the act of ICC is not until when there is mass murder before they take actions,on Buhari and Ameachi if there is proof why not they should face the law,mama piss video went viral on social network,what other proof are u asking off again

Mama Peace's speech went viral because some desperate people are willing to cause trouble and destroy others, just to get to Aso Rock. It was mischievous.

Buhari's and Amaechi's utterances were well documented. Just because Jona has a thick skin and is moderate in his actions against the opposition, doesn't mean that the opposition is conducting its affairs orderly.

ICC was there when in 2011, Buhari called for violence. ICC was there when Buhari told northerners and his supporters to never vote any southerner and non-muslims. ICC was not born yesterday. PDP and the presidency appeared to have been very lenient and generous with the way they handled all the provocations in the past. May be to a fault, even.

There are proofs, and I believe PDP didn't want it to look like witch-hunting. They have allowed every opposition to carry on, even in the face of such calamity as the post election killings in the north by Buhari's supporters in 2011. Over 800 people lost their lives. Unfortunately, Jonathan didn't, abi couldn't do anything, just to avoid further bloodshed.

APC and Buhari, don't seem to care whether nigeria burns or not. They will do anything for power. That's fair though. Anyhow they achieve victory, the end result is all that matters.

For your information, it takes lots of money and time to prosecute anybody at the international level. It is only when it is about Africans that ICC is quick to act. I cited the case of Ahmadinejad earlier. Now let me ask you these questions: why hasn't the ICC done anything to the North Korean strong kid? Why hasn't ICC done anything to the Syrian strong man?

The way you think and comment, is part of the reason why Africans and black people are treated like poo. A woman made a passionate comment and you are calling for her head. People are doing worse things around the globe and nothing happens. It is PEJ today, tomorrow will definitely be someone else.

Even though PEJ was wrong, we should not crucify her just to score a cheap political point. If GEJ wins this election, all the idiiots calling for her crucifixion will disappear. We need to be very careful, how we play our politics. It doesn't end with the Jonathans.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Bamz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
egift:
Mama P, it seems it is Jonathan that will be bringing food for you grin grin grin grin

You've just won the Internet. wink

1 Like

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by EmmyDe25(m): 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
egift:
Mama P, it seems it is Jonathan that will be bringing food for you grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dis apc like stress and unyielding effort making sha...na nau icc just dey
D ones wey bad pass pej own gan....wetin apc or icc or whatever u call it..do
Abi u tink say nigeria na one kind small country where u tink a is a or b is b...nigeria is more complex politically dan all dis shit issue oo
See dis issue goin no where...and for all these realitydevoidpeople dat are happyandspirirted about dis...u neva learn...u go wait die..
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
patostation:

I doubt if you watched the Okrika APC rally violence. if you did, you won't be saying the same thing. When war breaks out due to the incitement and brazen action of people like PEJ, you will even prefer washing rotten linens in the open. Since nobody can control her in Nigeria as her husband is the Lord of the Manor, it is better for ICC to handle her. Would Ibori had gone to jail if Nigerian courts were allowed to handlehis case? Their hands would as usual be tied.
I didn't watch the rally and you do have a point. But still, we must learn to fix our problems by ourselves. The world will not respect us until we learn to do this. EFCC/Nigerian courts/judges/lawyers should be competent enough to try our leaders without bias and corruption. Hopefully we reach that point sooner vs later.
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
DrLikita:

people like u deserve little or no respect. Three or four other people have replied me but u the only one who has decided to insult me. What is now the use of the insult?
I say things the way they are,I don't sugar-coat the truth,I don't see red and call it white...if you think my last statement is an insult then I cannot do anything about it,am responsible for what I say and you are responsible for how you interpret it.....
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Mama Peace's speech went viral because some desperate people are willing to cause trouble and destroy others, just to get to Aso Rock. It was mischievous.

Buhari's and Amaechi's utterances were well documented. Just because Jona has a thick skin and is moderate in his actions against the opposition, doesn't mean that the opposition is conducting its affairs orderly.

ICC was there when in 2011, Buhari called for violence. ICC was there when Buhari told northerners and his supporters to never vote any southerner and non-muslims. ICC was not born yesterday. PDP and the presidency appeared to have been very lenient and generous with the way they handled all the provocations in the past. May be to a fault, even.

There are proofs, and I believe PDP didn't want it to look like witch-hunting. They have allowed every opposition to carry on, even in the face of such calamity as the post election killings in the north by Buhari's supporters in 2011. Over 800 people lost their lives. Unfortunately, Jonathan didn't, abi couldn't do anything, just to avoid further bloodshed.

APC and Buhari, don't seem to care whether nigeria burns or not. They will do anything for power. That's fair though. Anyhow they achieve victory, the end result is all that matters.

For your information, it takes lots of money and time to prosecute anybody at the international level. It is only when it is about Africans that ICC is quick to act. I cited the case of Ahmadinejad earlier. Now let me ask you these questions: why hasn't the ICC done anything to the North Korean strong kid? Why hasn't ICC done anything to the Syrian strong man?

The way you think and comment, is part of the reason why Africans and black people are treated like poo. A woman made a passionate comment and you are calling for her head. People are doing worse things around the globe and nothing happens. It is PEJ today, tomorrow will definitely be someone else.

Even though PEJ was wrong, we should not crucify her just to score a cheap political point. If GEJ wins this election, all the idiiots calling for her crucifixion will disappear.
We need to be very careful, how we play our politics. It doesn't end with the Jonathans.
I was totally enjoying and agreeing with your write-up until I got to the bolded part and I felt very disappointed...I was thinking you are not the bias type but I discovered that through your bolded statement it shows you are stylishly trying to defend patience jonathan...let us call a spade a spade!!!what patience jonathan said was wrong,what buhari said at 2011 was wrong too,what amaechi said was very wrong too!!!!all of them said very wrong things so stop trying to defend one person and mock others..they are all wrong...if someone telling her supporters to stone anyone that shouts "change" is what you call a passionate comment then you are disgracing intelligence.....
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
wakacome:
I was totally enjoying and agreeing with your write-up until I got to the bolded part and I felt very disappointed...I was thinking you are not the bias type but I discovered that through your bolded statement it shows you are stylishly trying to defend patience jonathan...let us call a spade a spade!!!what patience jonathan said was wrong,what buhari said at 2011 was wrong too,what amaechi said was very wrong too!!!!all of them said very wrong things so stop trying to defend one person and mock others..they are all wrong...if someone telling her supporters to stone anyone that shouts "change" is what you call a passionate comment then you are disgracing intelligence.....

Na only you wakacome this thread o. Lol. If you agreed with everything before the bolded, you are probably the one who is biased. I made it clear in the last paragraph that PEJ was wrong. Others before her too, were wrong. No one took anyone to ICC.

I don't know how old you are but if you have ever been married, you will understand how married women feel about their husbands. Whether their feelings are positive or negative, they are always passionate.

I am sorry to disappoint you with my unintelligent post, but I am sure we can both agree to disagree. My opinion is entirely mine. I write exactly what I think, and the way I see issues.

I have no love for the Jonathans. I don't support GEJ or PDP. I don't hate apc. I simply have my personal reasons for not supporting Buhari. He truncated a democratically elected govt. He's a dictator. He's too old. The youths need to take over. This is our time.

1 Like

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Happywoman(f): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
Blitz888:
I must reiterate that Equity frowns @ double standard with such strong abhorrence.

What happens to Buharis 'dogs & baboons' being soaked in blood?
What about his promise of blood bath in 2011?
And, what about Ameachi's threat of forming a parallel govt should APC lose?

Are the above not more inciting and violence precipitating than the rather benign and innocuous remarks of PEJ?

Before you come @ me, do well to note that I am 'apolitical'. I don't give a hoot about PDP or APC... I am simply unbiased, non- aligned and free from partisan politics.

Loooooooove
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Na only you wakacome this thread o. Lol. If you agreed with everything before the bolded, you are probably the one who is biased. I made it clear in the last paragraph that PEJ was wrong. Others before her too, were wrong. No one took anyone to ICC.

I don't know how old you are but if you have ever been married, you will understand how married women feel about their husbands. Whether their feelings are positive or negative, they are always passionate.

I am sorry to disappoint you with my unintelligent post, but I am sure we can both agree to disagree. My opinion is entirely mine. I write exactly what I think, and the way I see issues.

I have no love for the Jonathans. I don't support GEJ or PDP. I don't hate apc. I simply have my personal reasons for not supporting Buhari. He truncated a democratically elected govt. He's a dictator. He's too old. The youths need to take over. This is our time.
My friend,nice meeting you...no problem,I understand your opinion and I agree with you,am an apc supporter though but I think you made some good point, though I feel some of your points are wrong and some are very correct...

Now concerning buhari,buhari was a former dicator but he is now a converted democrat,his body language says that...if you want to be sincere you will understand what am saying..and secondly I don't think buhari is too old,how old was mandela??how old was azikiwe??how old was obafemi awolowo when he contested??there are lot of examples I can go on and on... By the way even GEJ is more than 50 years old...I don't even consider him as a youth so?
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
N
wakacome:
My friend,nice meeting you...no problem,I understand your opinion and I agree with you,am an apc supporter though but I think you made some good point, though I feel some of your points are wrong and some are very correct...

Now concerning buhari,buhari was a former dicator but he is now a converted democrat,his body language says that...if you want to be sincere you will understand what am saying..and secondly I don't think buhari is too old,how old was mandela??how old was azikiwe??how old was obafemi awolowo when he contested??there are lot of examples I can go on and on... By the way even GEJ is more than 50 years old...I don't even consider him as a youth so?

I don't belong to any of the parties. I lean towards GEJ/PDP, simply because I don't believe Buhari has what it takes to lead a 21st century nigeria.

Mandela was crowned by his people. Buhari is contesting for a record 4th. Can you spot the difference?

Now Azikiwe and Awo, had legitimate reasons to go for the post. Yet they didn't get it. Why did Shagari get the job? Please, it is an insult to mention Buhari in the same post as Zik, Awo, Bello and Madiba. Those men were statesmen. Not some undisciplined khaki boy.

Please, kindly tell me your main reasons why you think that GMB is the man for the job? Don't get me wrong, if GMB wins, I will give him 110% support. Just the way I have supported GEJ, though I didn't agree with him as a choice. I am not one of the pull him down people. The man with the job, has my support.
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Blitz888(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
Happywoman:

Loooooooove
Plenty plenty love to ya grin
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:
N

I don't belong to any of the parties. I lean towards GEJ/PDP, simply because I don't believe Buhari has what it takes to lead a 21st century nigeria.

Mandela was crowned by his people. Buhari is contesting for a record 4th. Can you spot the difference?

Now Azikiwe and Awo, had legitimate reasons to go for the post. Yet they didn't get it. Why did Shagari get the job? Please, it is an insult to mention Buhari in the same post as Zik, Awo, Bello and Madiba. Those men were statesmen. Not some undisciplined khaki boy.

Please, kindly tell me your main reasons why you think that GMB is the man for the job? Don't get me wrong, if GMB wins, I will give him 110% support. Just the way I have supported GEJ, though I didn't agree with him as a choice. I am not one of the pull him down people. The man with the job, has my support.
I witnessed the GMB regime and I am now witnessing the GEJ regime...both regimes have their prons and cons....but sincerely GMB regime is better than GEJ regime.......anyone who witnessed GMB regime will know it is better unless if the person wants to pretend and turn blind eye to the truth.....during buhari's regime how much was a dollar to a naira then??how was un-employment then??how was the power supply then??we had two working refineries built during his short period of time as the president,how was corruption then??do you know that his strictness on tackling corruption also made him to be tagged as a dictator??...now tell me just three major things that goodluck jonathan have done that have affected the live of nigerians...!!!am waiting......
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 12:11am On Mar 18, 2015
wakacome:
I witnessed the GMB regime and I am now witnessing the GEJ regime...both regimes have their prons and cons....but sincerely GMB regime is better than GEJ regime.......anyone who witnessed GMB regime will know it is better unless if the person wants to pretend and turn blind eye to the truth.....during buhari's regime how much was a dollar to a naira then??how was un-employment then??how was the power supply then??we had two working refineries built during his short period of time as the president,how was corruption then??do you know that his strictness on tackling corruption also made him to be tagged as a dictator??...now tell me just three major things that goodluck jonathan have done that have affected the live of nigerians...!!!am waiting......

My friend, you are very wrong on the refinery claim. It has been busted. Buhari didn't build any refinery during his time as head of state. It is a known fact that one was awarded before he became the petroleum minister during obasanjo's regime. The second one was awarded while he was petroleum minister but was finished after he was gone. Facts.

You can't compare unemployment rate anywhere in the world now with what was obtainable in the 80s. There was a global recession in 2008. European countries haven't recovered from it yet. Nigeria survived it because our economic system, doesn't follow the western economic pattern. Unemployment and inflation, go hand in hand and are usually as a result of a recession.

Again, have you stopped to ask yourself the population of nigeria then and now? How many graduates did you have then? How many people were living in the urban centres?

In the 80s, more people were still living in the rural areas and were mostly engaged in agriculture. Starting from Gowon's era, till now, our rulers failed to plan for the growth in population. Instead Obasanjo's govt. felt there was so much money and decided to host the black world in 1977. We built FESTAC town instead of industries. What industry did any of the idiiots before Jona develop?

Your claim that Buhari was a disciplined officer, falls flat against facts. I will take you down memory lane.

*Buhari as a soldier, overthrew a democratic govt. It is alleged that Shagari confronted Buhari on the issue of a coup plot, and Buhari swore on his life that it was a lie. He even offered to resigned. A few months later, this "disciplined" officer, struck. Shagari was betrayed by the man who swore allegiance to protect our democracy.

*As head of state, Buhari jailed Ekwueme who was the VP, while Shagari, the president was placed on house arrest in his mansion. Think about that. The general proscribed all forms of unionism and activism. He gagged the press. He claimed in his Chatham house outing, that everything he did was as a result of youthful exuberance. Fine. We the youths, want to take affairs into our hands. We need to exhibit our own "youthful exuberance" in our time, the same way GMB and co did at their time. They can't eat our breakfast, lunch and supper while we cheer them on.

*As PTF chairman, Buhari compromised his office. He was accused of using his brother-in-law's company APC, as a sole consultant to PTF. That's conflict of interests. Your honest general told nigerians and the world that Abacha didn't loot our treasury. Really? Today, nigeria is about to receive over $300m from Abacha's loot. Think about it. There's so much that's wrong with Buhari. If I want to cite all his sins, it will take a whole day.

*On GEJ, he's not anywhere close to an ideal president. He's not smart or sophisticated enough to rule us. He is not the best we can offer. The truth is that he's a step in the right direction in our democratic journey.

*GEJ's Bleep ups stink to high heavens. That's a fact. But then Buhari is not the man to take over from GEJ. In a country of 170m citizens, a 72 year old man can't be the only choice. If he is, then nigerians are idiiots. If Buhari is our change, then we don't know the meaning of change. I mean positive change.

*Jonathan has diversified our economy a bit. The agricultural sector is making progress as never before. The rail system is back. Roads are getting attention. The Auto Industry is taking shape. Th There's freedom of speech and transparency as never before seen in our clime. Believe me, GEJ has done better than all the people before him. That doesn't mean that he has done exceptionally well. There's room for improvement.

Buhari and Tinubu do not represent improvement to me. It is like going from frying pan to fire. APC is the same as PDP.
The same people, the same mission, the same result, the same victims.

If Jona wins, all the thieves in APC will simply switch over to PDP, and vice versa. I have said so much on this issue in the past. I am actually hoping that the elections come quickly. Head or tail, I win. I have nothing to lose with any of the candidates.

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by lordsbiz(m): 12:28am On Mar 21, 2015
otr1:

Can you please tell us the exact words he said in Hausa and how it meant "baboon and monkey blood" or are you just spewing the rubbish being fed to you by PDP?
Another exemplary display of APC supporter, all you guys are noted for is bitterness and anger, so much for the change you preach, buhari said it, he later clarified he didn't mean what they termed his adage to be, you are here spilling trash, don't ask me, ask google. Mtcchewww
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by otr1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
lordsbiz:

Another exemplary display of APC supporter, all you guys are noted for is bitterness and anger, so much for the change you preach, buhari said it, he later clarified he didn't mean what they termed his adage to be, you are here spilling trash, don't ask me, ask google. Mtcchewww
And what you just displayed is what? PDP supporters' examplary display of ignorance and cluelessness?
How is Buhari promising bloodbath by saying this year contest wouldn't be a smooth run for PDP, using the proverbial fierce dog and baboon battle?
Go cure your ignorance!
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by iukpe: 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
na so na so na so na so
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by lordsbiz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
otr1:

And what you just displayed is what? PDP supporters' examplary display of ignorance and cluelessness?
How is Buhari promising bloodbath by saying this year contest wouldn't be a smooth run for PDP, using the proverbial fierce dog and baboon battle?
Go cure your ignorance!
Who said the buhari comment was for this year election?, if you don't the comment was during the height of 2011 election, and things resulted terribly, he later came out to deny insinuating terror. I think its time to change una slogan to APC! FOOLS
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by otr1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
lordsbiz:

Who said the buhari comment was for this year election?, if you don't the comment was during the height of 2011 election, and things resulted terribly, he later came out to deny insinuating terror. I think its time to change una slogan to APC! FOOLS
I'll not argue with you since you don't even know nor understand what he said in Hausa. You're just spewing out what the press fed you.
Go and be informed, then we can talk, otherwise, I wouldn't want to waste my time with a person who doesn't even understand the basis of the argument
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
swezenberg:

Emminent Europeans that are greater than you, less criminally minded and less corrupt were arrested and jailed how much more a corrupt and undignified third world country like ours. Did you surrender Ibori or not. That was just to England and UAE. I don't think you know how many countries has a say in the ICC. You are nobody my friend

Slavish mentality,second class Nigerian. Fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Ahmed Ibeto Resigns As Nigeria’s Ambassador To South Africa, Leaves APC For PDP / Aisha Buhari Prepares For Get-Involved Initiative (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.