Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan (28382 Views)

EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana / BREAKING: ICC Set To Investigate Patience Jonathan / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by sodiqrasaq(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
The International Criminal Court (ICC) on Monday confirmed receiving correspondence from the All Progressives Congress (APC), against Patience Jonathan, the Nigerian first lady. TheCable had written to the Office of the Prosecutor (OTP) seeking clarification on reports that the court had formally received a petition against the first lady from APC.

The response was that communication was received from APC and the petition would be given the necessary considerations within the ambits of the the law. “Under Article 15 of the Rome Statute, the Prosecutor of the ICC may receive information on crimes within the jurisdiction on the Court (also called ‘communications’),” OTP said.

“With regards to your enquiry, the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court can confirm receipt of the communication referred to since the sender of the communication has made this fact public in the media.”

Earlier on Monday, the United Kingdom arm of the APC claimed that the criminal court said it would begin investigating the wife of the president. “The ICC based in the Hague has sent confirmation to APC UK, that an investigation will begin against Mrs Jonathan who repeatedly called for the stoning of opposition APC members as captured in the videos released earlier this month,” it said. “The criminal case investigation ICC reference number is: OTP-CR-83/15.”

The OTP also told TheCable that it would consider the stance of the APC and treat the allegations as appropriate. “The Office will give consideration to this communication, as appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, as it does with all such communications.”

In order to ensure a violence-free election, political parties signed a peace accord in January, promising to desist from all acts of violence, hate and inciting speeches.

The APC however filed a complaint before the ICC against Mrs. Jonathan for her inciting speeches, having told Nigerians at a campaign in Cross River to stone anyone who comes to the state to preach “change” – the mantra of the APC.

Fatou Bensouda, prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, released a statement on Monday threatening anyone fuelling violence ahead of the election would be prosecuted.

“Any person who incites or engages in acts of violence in the context of the upcoming elections or otherwise – including by ordering, inciting, encouraging or contributing to the commission of crimes that fall within ICC’s jurisdiction – is liable to prosecution; either by Nigerian Courts or by the ICC,” the statement read. “No one should doubt my office’s resolve to prosecute individuals responsible for the commission of ICC crimes, whenever necessary.”

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-icc-set-investigate-patience-jonathan | TheCable

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Sparrow13: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
How I wish she will be allowed to defend herself in court without reading from a paper

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by egift(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mama P, it seems it is Jonathan that will be bringing food for you grin grin grin grin

279 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by bettercreature(m): 12:09am On Mar 17, 2015
Nonsense!mama peace is going nowhere i so much like this woman she's a dream of every man who wish to be successful sai BUhari

19 Likes

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Ishilove: 3:16am On Mar 17, 2015
egift:
Mama P, it seems it is Jonathan that will be bringing food for you grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Icc on mrs patience's utterance gone wrong...

3 Likes

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by ipleddge: 3:21am On Mar 17, 2015
Waiting for ffk to come and defend his jesus in earth,mama peace won't be allow to go back to otuoke with her husband...husband and wife go share apartment for kikiri

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Idrismusty97(m): 3:21am On Mar 17, 2015
bettercreature:
Nonsense!mama peace is going nowhere i so much like this woman she's a dream of every man who wish to be successful sai BUhari
...Not with her leaking mouth.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Smartjeezy(m): 3:21am On Mar 17, 2015
Good For Shepopotamous....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Controlled(f): 3:23am On Mar 17, 2015
her sister Simone Gbagbo is waiting for her cell mate........... cheesy grin grin

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 3:24am On Mar 17, 2015
That bag of potatoes is finally going to jail.
And the painful part is that her hubby will be too busy with Dezani piddy to come give her food in prison...

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Agbgift(f): 3:25am On Mar 17, 2015
I knew her mouth will put her in trouble one day.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 17, 2015
So APC is now this desperate

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 17, 2015
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by moderatorr1: 3:27am On Mar 17, 2015
nothing will happen her words
"so if anyone comes here asking you for change, stone them" could mean anything. And she said it only once.

Buhari's words

"go and vote, if anyone tries to stop you, kill! kill!! kill"

"if I don't win this election in 2015, the blood and the baboon will be soaked in blood"

"Muslims don't vote for Christians, Christians don't vote for Muslims"

"An attack on boko haram is an attack on the north"

TINUBU: “They are busy looking for ways to manipulate the polls in Ekiti. I am not ashamed to tell them that this time it is going to be rig and roast. If you mess up in Osun too, you would see our reaction; it is going to be the same way — rig and roast.” “For every action, there must be a reaction.”

Including all the threats by almost all the death threats northern APC politicians.

when the ICC saga begins, there are heads that will not come back...and its good they started it first.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 17, 2015
story story

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by free2ryhme: 3:28am On Mar 17, 2015
sodiqrasaq:

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-icc-set-investigate-patience-jonathan | TheCable

ICC, don’t mind them ooh, I was just joking ooh. Haba APC, na only una waka come. Chaiii Chaiii.
There’s God ooh, all this report you people are reporting.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by wwwkaycom(m): 3:30am On Mar 17, 2015
Let's now see if ICC judges will collect GEJ'S dollars or be induced with promotion to the appellate court like in Nigeria, however, I expect Fani Kayode to come out and brand the ICC as an extension of the Nigerian opposition and its Judges as card carrying members of APC, stupid people, Mama Pieces, Na only you go waka go join your beloved "fellow widow, Simone Gbagbo" for prison, be prepared Mama, its good for you!

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 17, 2015
I go talk later
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Staru1(m): 3:36am On Mar 17, 2015
So called ICC can't do any tin.
Boko heram dey since,where went ICC?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by yomalex(m): 3:38am On Mar 17, 2015
Ok
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by bamite(m): 3:40am On Mar 17, 2015
Eya!! The market woman has finally had it for her self
Pls single guys out there be careful of who u dcide to spend the rest of your life with, u never can tell who you might be tomorrow.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by ntyce(m): 3:40am On Mar 17, 2015
Expect FFK to say thay the ICC is APC's judicial wing.
Mama Piss should look for a lawyer to speak on her behalf cos she cause more crimes with her Umbrerra English.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by gmoni2(m): 3:45am On Mar 17, 2015
The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court,Fatou Bensoud is a product of university of Ife,"OAU".

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 17, 2015
I see Obasanjo's hands in this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Blitz888(m): 3:46am On Mar 17, 2015
I must reiterate that Equity frowns @ double standard with such strong abhorrence.

What happens to Buharis 'dogs & baboons' being soaked in blood?
What about his promise of blood bath in 2011?
And, what about Ameachi's threat of forming a parallel govt should APC lose?

Are the above not more inciting and violence precipitating than the rather harmless and innocuous remarks of PEJ.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 17, 2015
The Internal Criminal Court on Monday said Nigeria’s First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is liable to prosecution.

The global criminal court added that it had begun conducting preliminary examinations relating to the situations in Nigeria.

In an email written to our correspondent, the Office of the prosecutor stated that it received the petition written by the major opposition party in Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress, asking the ICC to prosecute President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife for making inciting comments that might lead to violence.

The email read, “Under Article 15 of the Rome Statue, the Prosecutor of the ICC may receive information on crimes within the jurisdiction on the Court (also called ‘Communication’).

“With regards to your enquiry, the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court can confirm receipt of the communication referred to since the sender (APC) has made this fact public in the media.”

It added that the court would take all the necessary steps, which will likely include interrogating the President’s wife and others mentioned in the petition of the APC.

“The office will give consideration to this communication, as appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the Rome Statue of the International Criminal Court, as it does with all such communications,” the email sent to our correspondent concluded.

Also, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Fatou Bensouda, on Monday issued a press statement made available to our correspondent.

In it, she reiterated the stance of the ICC to prosecute anyone who promotes or instigates violence before, during or after the general elections.

http://www.punchng.com/news/icc-to-probe-patience-jonathan/
Re: ICC To Investigate Patience Jonathan by Blitz888(m): 3:53am On Mar 17, 2015
I must reiterate that Equity frowns @ double standard with such strong abhorrence.

What happens to Buharis 'dogs & baboons' being soaked in blood?
What about his promise of blood bath in 2011?
And, what about Ameachi's threat of forming a parallel govt should APC lose?

Are the above not more inciting and violence precipitating than the rather benign and innocuous remarks of PEJ?

Before you come @ me, do well to note that I am 'apolitical'. I don't give a hoot about PDP or APC... I am simply unbiased, non- aligned and free from partisan politics.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Polls : Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor / FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Future Is Female: Men Have Failed, Let The Women Rule At Political Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.