Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,230 members, 7,849,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola (36340 Views)

FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola / It`s A Lie, Jonathan Was Not Protected With 2,123 Policemen-Eye Witness Account / Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by tuke: 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
cvibe2:
Please what happened to Fashola's police Helicopters which should have been scrambled immediately for surveillance on the waterways when the robbery was going on?

Fashola launches surveillance helicopters

on December 08, 2009 / in News 7:04 am / Comments

By Gbenga Akanmu & Monsur Olowoopejo

Lagos-state-Commissions-Two

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, launched two Bell 412 EP Helicopters with a promise to commit the state’s resources to securing the lives and property of residents.

Speaking during the launch at the Lagos House, Ikeja, Fashola admitted that achieving a crime-free society was a tall order but reiterated that the state government would outspend, outrun and overwhelm the competition that criminals offer.

“We know there is no crime-free society, but we understand that crime and crime patterns are very fluid and we have resolved to stay ahead of the competition. That is why we have made the investment in these machines to give us the capacity to monitor traffic, pursue criminals, fight fire and evacuate people promptly when accidents happen,” the governor said.

According to him, the choice of Bell 412 EP was informed by the multi-faceted platform which allows it to be utilised in several functions
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/fashola-launches-surveillance-helicopters/#sthash.unU6QvYL.dpuf

So where are the choppers, where they rented? na wah o! amazing how people cannot cover their back, yet keep throwing at others. I voted for fashola, but i'm so disappointed by his new reasoning status. #wherearethehelicopters
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by InglishTeechar(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
emiye:
Which kain teacher u be? You have comprehension issues, and your students are in soup. Successful Bank Robbery is the key word.

Bank Robbery is a subset of robbery. All bank robberies in the last 7 years have remained unsuccessful, as robbers fail to get entrance in to banking hall or vault.

NOW I KNOW I AM DEALING WITH A FOOL...PLEASE GOOGLE 'SUCCESSFUL BANK ROBBERY IN LAGOS' AND SEE THE SEARCH RESULT YOURSELF...MUMU.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by emiye(m): 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
InglishTeechar:

NOW I KNOW I AM DEALING WITH A FOOL...PLEASE GOOGLE 'SUCCESSFUL BANK ROBBERY IN LAGOS' AND SEE THE SEARCH RESULT YOURSELF...MUMU.
you are not making any sense whatsoever.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
oseo1:

To be fair that is exactly what will happen with any president, when Obama came for my graduation roads were closed too. They even closed an Expressway and he came by helicopter mind you. So get used to the idea, you will never drive past the president on 3rd mainland bridge.

Just a side note, I was in Lekki about 45 minutes before the robbery and I saw nothing less than 4 patrol vans while on my way back to vgc, one was on freedom way, close to the south African embassy, another at the oando petrol station, one at jakande and I drove by one before igbo efon. Please not that those are the ones I noticed, 3 of which were parked. It's ok to say resources were stretched thin that day but if the police wanted to respond they easily could have.

I disagree maybe the venue obama may be coming to may be manned with soliders, but not like this bros, it like u dont knw what happens here. if GEJ is coming to townhall the whole road from the airport to the town will be manned with poilcemen, to me it an absolute waste of resources. we are nt even sayin the road shouldnt be blocked, offcourse we acknowldege the president and some few top nationals hv right of way, however the deployment of military personnels is too much kilode?

Atleast 30 is enough
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
These guys planned well... They knew the President was going to be in Lagos, they knew Security detail will be concentrated on him and detached from their normal routines... They knew all about 5:00pm, they knew about the coastal security, they knew the traffic control around that hour at the precise location... They knew about the Bank, They had a mission and planned for the mission in detail.

THEY CAME PREPARED!!!

LASG should just own up and stop passing blames....
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
pekeyim:

Your moniker is "Jesusloveyou" but you are so quick to insult someone after erroneously saying GEJ is the President of Lagos State.

You need prayers.
It is well with you.
u didn't get d gist from d begining,so is not in error,except u are saying lagos is not part of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Controlled(f): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
No fewer than 800 plain clothe and regular policemen were deployed to provide security for wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience Jonathan, at the North-West Peoples Democratic Party women rally in Kaduna on Wednesday.

But the wife of the president was absent at the rally held at the Kaduna Township Stadium.

She was said to be attending another rally in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, but a security source told our correspondent that the President’s wife stayed away as a result of the attack on the convoy of Mrs. Aisha Buhari, the wife of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, in Ilorin on Monday.

Aside the 800 policemen, other security agencies like battle-ready soldiers, were stationed at strategic streets leading to the venue of the rally.

Motorists and other road users were barred from taking the Independence Way, leading to the venue.

This resulted in a gridlock in the Tafawa Balewa/Ungwar Rimi area of the city.

Motorists, held up in the gridlock, groaned under the scotching afternoon sun.

At the rally, Kaduna State Governor, Mukhtar Yero, boasted that the Peoples Democratic Party would win the March 28 and April 11 elections in the state without qualms.

He said the state was a PDP state and would remain so even after the elections.

Yero said he was not at the podium to campaign for either himself, President Goodluck Jonathan or other candidates as he was sure of victory at the polls.

The governor said,“The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is from Zazzau Emirate and we’re very proud of him because even his principal, President Goodluck Jonathan, has described him as a faithful and loyal deputy.

“Our son has also brought in some developmental projects to the state like the Gurara and Kudendan Power stations, which are expected to reactivate moribund industries in the state.

“The resuscitated Lagos–Kano rail line definitely will pass through Kaduna State and our people will be beneficiary not to talk of the new Abuja–Kaduna fast track, where people can work in Abuja and live in Kaduna.

“All these are Jonathan’s gifts to the people of Kaduna State and the only way to reciprocate the gesture is to support him for another term.”

The convener of the rally, Dame Patience Jonathan, was represented by the wife of the Vice President, Amina Sambo.

we can now see fashola was right cheesy...... .if 1st lady in a smaller state like Kaduna can get this amount.....then think lagos with Janadaft........ grin grin
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Orunto: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Fasola is jealous and practising to be Candidate for 2019? Vote GEJ!!
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by 1stola: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
TolaniLuv:

May All the curse in the bible New Testament and Old Testament and the Holy Qur'an be onto me and my family home and abroad. Amen
Ameen.
Woe unto you.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by fajesito(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
InglishTeechar:

You and Fashola lack common sense...how on earth is it possible for all the police in lagos to guard only the president...Jonathan is not the first and will not be the last president to move about with "his own" security details, Fashola is so stupid to claim he drafted all the security in lagos to secure Jonathan, Fashola and APC must be investigated...it seem they have a hand in the event that killed innocent lives(the robbery looked like a planned job) did you not read that the police men around the area were shot dead. There have been countless robbery in lagos since Fashola become governor, abi na only when Jonathan come lagos na im robbers dey rob ...you and some Nigerian supporting Fasholas statement are super DAFT. Na yansh una dey take think.
Read my comment again, and stop saying thrash
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ocelot2006(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
subnormal:

The fact remains that police formations were greatly depleted during GEJ's visit, but i wldnt blame him for the robbery. The CP should have found a way to adequately protect the president while still maintaining at least minimum manning requirements for the different formations in the state. The CP could have asked for help if he needed more personnel for the visit.
Let me state this clearly, the president can visit anywhere in the country at any time he wishes but sucj visits have to be properly planned to prevent a repeat of the lekki incident.

Agreed.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by dabigwalls: 12:07am On May 02, 2015
coogar:

you are disappointed that GEJ's selfish behaviour led to the death of an innocent child and many more people? can you even read what you are typing? if it was your sister that got shot by armed robbers, would you have typed the drivel above?

i am very sure you were conceived via anäl sėx. it's the only logical explanation of how much of an arsëhole you are.

I'm glad that that I didn't see this BS.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by dabigwalls: 12:07am On May 02, 2015
GodMode:

What "privileged information" rubbish are you saying

After the Paris terrorist attacks.. There were over 20000 policemen in Paris looking for 4 people.. The exact amount was revealed on news..

You obviously can't debate. No point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aliyu Giwa Weds Oyinkan Affinnih (Photos) / Nigerians Have Updated Andrew Yakubu's Page; Special Thief, Business Crook Added / Atiku Abubakar's Rico Gado Nutrition Animal Feeds Plant Groundbreaking In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.