Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola (36250 Views)

FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola / It`s A Lie, Jonathan Was Not Protected With 2,123 Policemen-Eye Witness Account / Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by LocalChamp: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola has revealed that 2,123 policemen provided security for President Goodluck Jonathan while armed robbers raided a bank in Lekki, Lagos last week.

Fashola, who spoke at the Agricultural Food Value Chain held in Agege area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria on Tuesday said when the president came to Lagos last Thursday, while citizens were being robbed, the president was protected by 2, 123 security personnel.

“Let me be very clear, the president is entitled to every protection, he’s our president, but the question to ask is that; when you were being traumatised yesterday, where were these 2,123 men? Because you are also entitled to be protected. The reason why the president gets all that protection is so that he can protect all of us,” he said.

The governor also decried Monday’s protest march for Jonathan in Lagos by members of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC and other pro-Jonathan groups in which the protesters terrorised Lagosians while brandishing dangerous weapons.

“Yesterday, they also showed the difference between us when the supporters of the PDP and President Jonathan came out. You know on 7th of March this year, just about a week ago, the APC held a solidarity rally in Lagos. Did anybody attack you on that day? So, yesterday, they held their own, but what I heard, because I received telephone calls and text messages from residents who explained to me, I received emails.

“I am sorry for the pain and trauma they put you through because residents continuously complained yesterday that they were traumatised by those people who supposedly were carrying out a rally in support of the president and in support of their gubernatorial candidate, just kidding.

“So instead of canvassing for your votes and showing you why their service record is better, they were showing you knives, cutlass and dangerous weapons. Some residents phoned to say that they were banging on their cars. Let me remind all of us, that the work of a party and a government is to protect citizens and not to terrorize them,” he stated.

Fashola said for those who still said that they did not know what the issues in these elections were, Monday’s event brought one issue sharply in focus, which he said was the issue of security.

He stated that the peace and safety that “all of you have enjoyed for eight years is now at risk. You have seen the kind of people who support the other party on Monday, you have seen the kind of people who support their presidential and gubernatorial candidate, those are the people that you will see around them. Monday’s experience, may God forbid it, would be what you would experience till 2019.

“Unless you come out massively on March 28 and on April 11, that is the only way that God would forbid that kind of thing from continuing in Lagos. It is your vote that would change it. A vote for General Buhari would put to end this kind of abuse of state power. A vote for Ambode will continue the security that we have built and protected you for the past eight years.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/17/lekki-robbery-2123-policemen-were-securing-jonathan-fashola/

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by CR77(f): 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
He try after them kill poor people finich.

security good for only rich people

He for just complete am 2500

35 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by stevikenna: 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
WHAT HAPPENED IN LEKKI WAS A VERY BIG TRAGEDY
WE NEED A MAN THAT CAN PUT A STOP TO INSECURITY
NOT SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT SECURITY OF HIS CITIZENS
WE NEED CHANGE
#IHAVEDECIDED
SAI BUHARI

294 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by kimond101: 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Even though he's using it as a campaign opportunity, I believe the Lekki waterway is too open and the robbers that came to steal were professional robbers cause everything was well calculated. We need marine police aswell and we need to develop our technological detection of criminals.
A Policeman that was present started changing to mufti because it wouldnt have been advisable to face them heads on.
Its true the president deserve to be protected. The citizens of the federal republic of Nigeria also deserve the same.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by RAO1(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
He owns them,,,, FG pays them....let dem continue jare..... Mbu! Mbu!Mbu! .... OPC has nothing to do with d generality of Yorubas..... they are orthodox People's Confraternity

16 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
all the plan is set......
gate of hell would be open
only if Gej wins there will be peace in Nigeria
no Gej no Nigeria

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by SeverusSnape(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
#fasholajoker... A very big joker he is.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by nekaa(f): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
He for just complete am 2500...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by fajesito(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fashola speak the truth and let the enemy be ashamed. We are not supporting GMB because you APC guys are saints but because we are tired of GEJ's government. We aren't babies I was at stock exchange building and there weren't more than 50 soldiers there. Stop this immature talk abeg

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by chymystique(f): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fashola Should please shut da fvcck up and stop acting uncouthly!... He is beginning to sound like his party's semi illiterate presidential flag bearer abi he bought his SAN title ! His statements of recent is like a drunk who cant control his mouth anymore just like malfunctioning tap

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by igbsam(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by emiye(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fashola is not one to speak without having the facts to back it up.

The total policemen is barely 5,000, and a man takes up 40% of it.

That is average of over 110 policemen withdrawn from each of the 20 Local Governments In Lagos

Over 2,000 policemen on a man is a terrible lapse.

GEJ needs to review the name Goodluck, for 7 consecutive years no succesful bank robbery in Lagos state , until a day he decides to visit Lagos state

The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Wednesday said there has been no successful case of armed robbery on any bank in his state in the last six years.
He said since 2008, all robbery attempts on banks in the state were frustrated by the better equipped Lagos police .
Speaking at the debut of “Both Sides” a political discourse organized by The Kukah Centre, Mr. Fashola attributed the feat to his administration’s commitment to the kitting and arming of the police for security enhancement. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/167997-no-successful-bank-robbery-in-lagos-since-2008-gov-fashola.html

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by falconey(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
He is the nigeria number1 citizen and number1 corrupt citizen........

I believe something must drop from above to those policemen that secured him then.

Since anyone that is associated with jonathan or receive a visit from jonathan get load of dollars

IN BUHARI WE TRUST!

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ralmix(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by sheedy407(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
After all this years of being a PDP supporter, I wish to finally declare that I will be supporting APC only in LAGOS state and OGUN state, meanwhile GEJ till 2019.

Abeg make my friend papa win for Ogun state o under Apc make things better o.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Mazdell: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Yes
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by silverprince413(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Can somebody tell this man too much weed is not gud

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by tociano009(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Y
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by SeverusSnape(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
nekaa:
He for just complete am 2500...
No mind the joker

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by cycline404(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
hahahahahahaha

Honestly i dont know what to say!!! This is a matter of National security with a national man and a state man!
In a nation that just the ordinary nationels suffer!

All they do is to pass blames on each other!!!!
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by CharlieMaria(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
G
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ichidodo: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
fasholajoker on the prowl again, who do we blame this time??...Not GEJ,me? I blame Arsenal for managing 1 goal against Monaco before half time....If only we had Messi and C.Ronaldo playing for Arsenal...I blame GEJ for that.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by konny1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fashola is a joker as usual

11 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by SeverusSnape(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
fajesito:
f
F FOR FAILURE Buhari

15 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by elbinmanny(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
What has fashola been smoking lately cry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by coogar: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
GEJ should be held responsible for the robbery.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by saint047(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
Another mumu talk from an educated man

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Emmafrancis: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
He should come out and opening accuse the president of been responsible for the sad occurrence. Mwtcheeee
APC are always praying for death and bloodshed to score cheap political points. The case is armed robbery for crying out loud, the robbers would have device another means to carryout their deeds with our without the visit of the president.
How did he come by the number of policemen drafted? APC are always making unsubstantiated claims. I watched on tv today where Amaechi said that at least one APC member is killed everyday in Rivers state with over 400 in police custody.
Do all APC members take crash courses on "Professional lying skills " and Propaganda??

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by SeverusSnape(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
falconey:
G
G for Goodluck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by talktimi(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fashola the joker grin

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by alaoeri: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
No room for thuggery system of government in Lagos, what happened on Monday is a dent & set back for Agbaje's ambition
APC all the way.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by KingsleyCEO: 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Noticed, a vote for GEJ will permanently put an end to this kind of stupid claims.

GEJ till Fashola wakes up from his slumber.

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Besiege National Assembly / Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations / Awurum Eze Not ESN Operative, Says IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.