Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

STUDY IN BULGARIA - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / STUDY IN BULGARIA (159080 Views)

Your Thougts About Living In Bulgaria East Europe / Please Any Nigerian Living Or Studying In Bulgaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mikkypel(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please on this Bulgaria university things, I have HND in Environmental Health, What course can I put in for and will it be Masters or PGD?
Can someone put me through?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by eddyrymz(m): 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks for ur gr8t replies@ Slim10 & Prince. u av actually solve my problen

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
eddyrymz:
Thanks for ur gr8t replies@ Slim10 & Prince. u
av actually solve my problen
Don't mention.

if you would not mind, you can drop the name of the school if it is within someone's means... i mean cheap school like the one found in this thread.

who knows, one or two people might decide to check it out to know if it will ok to explore.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by eddyrymz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
slimz10:

Don't mention.

if you would not mind, you can drop the name of the school if it is within someone's means... i mean cheap school like the one found in this thread.

who knows, one or two people might decide to check it out to know if it will ok to explore.

Thanks.
it was actually university of Leeds UK. am not interested in it any longer since I heard UK new policy no longer favour foreign students. am still searching for good sch to study Control system and instrumentation for MSC though. u can assist if u don't mind. I intend using it for ptdf scholarship 2016/2017 session. thanks
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
eddyrymz:
it was actually university of Leeds UK. am not interested in it any longer since I heard UK new policy no longer favour foreign students. am still searching for good sch to study Control system and instrumentation for MSC though. u can assist if u don't mind. I intend using it for ptdf scholarship 2016/2017 session. thanks
OK bro.

I would have asked you to skip anything UK but since you said it is for ptdf, search for a ptdf Masters scholarship on this forum for proper guidance.

*modified**

https://www.nairaland.com/2570775/2016-2017-ptdf-phd-msc
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 2:07am On Sep 20, 2015
Ask any question and I will answer just anything about studying in bulgaria. I live and study in Bulgaria at least for two years now.. who is saying shit about Bulgaria? Most European countries are $hit Bulgaria is no difference. I moved from France to Bulgaria
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 2:46am On Sep 20, 2015
And please guys don't make a mistake I made years back please please don't apply to study in Bulgarian language cause it will take your time.. apply for English taught courses..one thing they (schools) like here is money $$ you have money every other thing is possible.. most schools outside Sofia don't have good English teachers cause they don't wanna source for good ones that will charge them huge salary... be careful there is NO JOB here... few Bulgarians are unemployed talk much of you a black.. although I have friends working but the pay is useless..many Bulgarians want to leave their country for greener pasture.. most people I met here always ask me why Bulgaria? Why not other good European countries lol please come here for education strictly.. life is somehow cheap here.. Sofia, Varna, Burgas any other city apart from these three you are in for a long ride.. I have been to plovdiv myself I didn't see a single black man even the way they looked at me as alien convinced me that there is no black people there.. Am not discouraging anybody but don't expect much from here. And again moving to other European countries is a lot more easier from here but first you need to have your residence card then again you need to go and apply for visa of the country you wanna go.. you can only go to Romania and Turkey with your residence card. When I travelled to Austria to renew my passport in Nigerian embassy I had to apply for a shengen visa which is very stressful again cause you need to provide account statement and also student book from school and a lot of documents lol guys prepare yourself well

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 2:57am On Sep 20, 2015
And guys believe me if your papers complete dem no dey deny visa at all naija never get bad name here yet .. if school and ministry accept you and send you invitation visa is sure cause them need money for here. But be careful not to submit fake bank statement or anything fake make sure your document is good because you know they now take biometrics So you don't wanna ruin your dream to travel to all part of Europe
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2015
neverever10:
And guys believe me if your papers complete dem no dey deny visa at all naija never get bad name here yet .. if school and ministry accept you and send you invitation visa is sure cause them need money for here. But be careful not to submit fake bank statement or anything fake make sure your document is good because you know they now take biometrics So you don't wanna ruin your dream to travel to all part of Europe

Thanks brother for this nice insight. How is business in Bulgaria? can i set up business as a student? what is the feasibility? what's the standard of Bulgarian university especially sofia university? Can studying in Bulgaria at masters level gonna increase my chances of securing job at other richer European countries?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by favourmic(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2015
neverever10:
And please guys don't make a mistake I made years back please please don't apply to study in Bulgarian language cause it will take your time.. apply for English taught courses..one thing they (schools) like here is money $$ you have money every other thing is possible.. most schools outside Sofia don't have good English teachers cause they don't wanna source for good ones that will charge them huge salary... be careful there is NO JOB here... few Bulgarians are unemployed talk much of you a black.. although I have friends working but the pay is useless..many Bulgarians want to leave their country for greener pasture.. most people I met here always ask me why Bulgaria? Why not other good European countries lol please come here for education strictly.. life is somehow cheap here.. Sofia, Varna, Burgas any other city apart from these three you are in for a long ride.. I have been to plovdiv myself I didn't see a single black man even the way they looked at me as alien convinced me that there is no black people there.. Am not discouraging anybody but don't expect much from here. And again moving to other European countries is a lot more easier from here but first you need to have your residence card then again you need to go and apply for visa of the country you wanna go.. you can only go to Romania and Turkey with your residence card. When I travelled to Austria to renew my passport in Nigerian embassy I had to apply for a shengen visa which is very stressful again cause you need to provide account statement and also student book from school and a lot of documents lol guys prepare yourself well

Thanks alot for your information, it's really help but the problem I'm having with NBU is that the course I chose is not in English only Bulgaria language but I have to study Bulgaria before I can continue is this a good ideal
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
cowleg:

Thanks brother for this nice insight. How is business in Bulgaria? can i set up business as a student? what is the feasibility? what's the standard of Bulgarian university especially sofia university? Can studying in Bulgaria at masters level gonna increase my chances of securing job at other richer European countries?
No problem brother business here is ok but mostly Mafians control the business level here and they dominate the government. foreigners pay a lot to maintain their businesses here..And again with 1m naira you can start a small super market here but first you need to get a lawyer here to help you get necessary documents needed.. I have one here so I no how things are...well the schools here for me are not good for masters because Bulgarians study in other part of Europe but just come because their certificate is the same as the one issued in other European countries..Sofia university is ok.. for me Sofia is an old city but populated a little bit.. I prefer Varna to other city
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
favourmic:

Thanks alot for your information, it's really help but the problem I'm having with NBU is that the course I chose is not in English only Bulgaria language but I have to study Bulgaria before I can continue is this a good ideal

Yes you have to study Bulgarian it's very difficult language.. you learn better on the street..you learn quick when you have a girl here. I learned mine not in school anyway although I was studying it then.. all thanks to my friends cause it was through them I learned
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by favourmic(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
neverever10:

No problem brother business here is ok but mostly Mafians control the business level here and they dominate the government. foreigners pay a lot to maintain their businesses here..And again with 1m naira you can start a small super market here but first you need to get a lawyer here to help you get necessary documents needed.. I have one here so I no how things are...well the schools here for me are not good for masters because Bulgarians study in other part of Europe but just come because their certificate is the same as the one issued in other European countries..Sofia university is ok.. for me Sofia is an old city but populated a little bit.. I prefer Varna to other city

That good thanks so much but please share us the ideal about the house rent, the internet cost, shop cost..
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
favourmic:

That good thanks so much but please share us the ideal about the house rent, the internet cost, shop cost..
You expect to pay like 200 euro per month in one bedroom or two apartment depending on the location cost of internet is around 10 euro per month or more but within 10-25 euro. Cost of rent for shop is around 400 depending on the size and location too.. Am giving you the estimate in euro the currency they use here is leva.. 1 euro is 1.92 Bulgarian leva
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by favourmic(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
neverever10:

You expect to pay like 200 euro per month in one bedroom or two apartment depending on the location cost of internet is around 10 euro per month or more but within 10-25 euro. Cost of rent for shop is around 400 depending on the size and location too.. Am giving you the estimate in euro the currency they use here is leva.. 1 euro is 1.92 Bulgarian leva

Is it a furnish apartment?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
favourmic:

Is it a furnish apartment?
All apartment for rent here are either fully furnished or partially furnished. House is not the problem. The problem is the language bro
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
neverever10:

Thanks for you quick reply. Do you still live in Bulgaria? what skills does one need to adapt fast in bulgaria? how easy is it to get permanent residency? how hostile is the country as in racism or zenophobia? Is it true skin heads stab blacks? what's the security like.

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
cowleg:

Thanks for you quick reply. Do you still live in Bulgaria? what skills does one need to adapt fast in bulgaria? how easy is it to get permanent residency? how hostile is the country as in racism or zenophobia? Is it true skin heads stab blacks? what's the security like.
the only way to get permanent residency is by birth or marriage or maybe you have been doing business for over five years here then you are eligible to apply for PR. if you have lived in Bulgaria for five good years legally without leaving the country then you are also eligible to apply for permanent residency. They like blacks few are racist anyway but Bulgarians are very friendly people. I have experienced racism once here in the club. I was dancing with a girl and the bouncer got angry and wanted to fight me you know it's kinda of weird but I scaled through that.... Bulgaria is a nice place if you have cash to spend....
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
I have never heard of any skin head that stabbed a black here.. Bulgarians can't be compared to Russians.. Bulgarians are cool loving people. There are many Russians living here anyway
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sunny4Gold: 3:55am On Sep 25, 2015
You guys should stop deceiving people. It is better to study in Nigeria even Ghana than to go to Bulgaria. You cannot survive unless you have someone back home that will support you. Bulgarians cannot even find jobs. The minimum wage in Bulgaria is about $200/month. Most Bulgarians go to other countries to school. If you really want to study abroad, look for a better place to go.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 5:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
You guys should stop deceiving people. It is better to study in Nigeria even Ghana than to go to Bulgaria. You cannot survive unless you have someone back home that will support you. Bulgarians cannot even find jobs. The minimum wage in Bulgaria is about $200/month. Most Bulgarians go to other countries to school. If you really want to study abroad, look for a better place to go.
If I have someone to be paying my bills for study I prefer to study in Bulgaria to this two countries you just named. What is Ghana and Nigeria educational system like to be comparing them to that of an European country's own. Nobody is deceiving anybody if you have genuine reason of traveling then you will not bother yourself about getting a job after all Nigerian student can't even find a job in their own country not to talk of another country. I do not really care about minimum wage of a country I care about how organized a country is. Bulgaria to me is more organized...if you are coming here to study why then talking about minimum wage Why not talk about the minimum wage of of Ghana and Nigeria as well??
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sunny4Gold: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2015
@neverever10 I said unless you have someone in Nigeria that can support you. Things are difficult in Bulgaria too but most people don't know that. Remember about 75% of Nigerians students abroad are supporting themselves through part-time jobs.
Most Bulgarians are leaving the country to look for jobs in other countries, they flooded UK.
That is why is difficult for them to join schengen scheme.
Places like UK, Canada, USA, Ireland , Australia are better.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
@neverever10 I said unless you have someone in Nigeria that can support you. Things are difficult in Bulgaria too but most people don't know that. Remember about 75% of Nigerians students abroad are supporting themselves through part-time jobs.
Most Bulgarians are leaving the country to look for jobs in other countries, they flooded UK.

bro, those places are capital intensive for educational purpose that is why people are looking for low cost European countries.

thanks for your advice sha....I think countries like Germany, Finland Estonia, Korea (south) could hold better opportunity for Nigerians.

All in all, is better to be prepared while making the move.
peace
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
one thing I have to say is that is not even all about schengen scheme or whatever.. after all Greece is part of schengen but look at the situation now in Greece the only thing that changed about Croatia is just that they joined schengen the country is still in the same economic situation they were in before. You think average Nigerians can afford to study in all these countries you mentioned they are good countries anyway but not everyone can afford the higher cost of tuition. You can imagine paying like 15000$ dollars per year in the USA while with just 10000$ you can pay for whole years of study in countries like Poland,Latvia,Lithuania etc. And eve you will still have change for feeding. So that's it.. besides many Europeans I have met exception of Germans, many of them told me they wanna go to Germany for work so don't blame Bulgarians for going to UK to work as well...
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Sunny4Gold: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
@neverever10 I am not here to discourage you or others that are willing to go to Bulgaria to study. The fact is that if you don't have anyone to support you, to sending you feeding and accommodation allowances don't do it.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by neverever10: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
@neverever10 I am not here to discourage you or others that are willing to go to Bulgaria to study. The fact is that if you don't have anyone to support you, to sending you feeding and accommodation allowances don't do it.
one is that you don't need to discourage me. Cause am in Bulgaria already. At least I have experienced Bulgaria first hand
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2015
Tanks to you guys for your comments @Sunny4Gold $ Neverever10..
I have learnt a lot already about my host country and am gallantly prepared for the journey ahead of me.

The truth is, *The Journey of a thousand Mile starts with a step*

I (WE)have to start from somewhere to discover my WILL POWER....

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by favourmic(m): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

guy pack well, and have some water to drink at your end.. grin grin grin grin apart from Bulgaria you can not travel to UK or Germany self with out any financial help back up at home, even in that yeye ghana u dey talk about, before you talking about bulgaira minimum wages let first talk about Nigeria minimum wages
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by PetroDolla3: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
Yeye Ghana? cool shocked

favourmic:

guy pack well, and have some water to drink at your end.. grin grin grin grin apart from Bulgaria you can not travel to UK or Germany self with out any financial help back up at home, even in that yeye ghana u dey talk about, before you talking about bulgaira minimum wages let first talk about Nigeria minimum wages
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by seyide: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pls I was born in Bulgaria and I have admission in VUM.must I go with Visa D?also pls how is the environment and how easy is it to apply for permanent residence
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
seyide:
Pls I was born in Bulgaria and I have admission in VUM.must I go with Visa D?also pls how is the environment and how easy is it to apply for permanent residence

reply my mail
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by favourmic(m): 12:17am On Oct 07, 2015
seyide:

and which country you dey presently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (49) (Reply)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.