Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... (799 Views)

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Soldiers And Brutality / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
I happen to have come across various threads of police extrajudicial killins and murder, lately of an FCMB banker, a Gombe state indigene , also a Nairalander was also shot some while ago... being a very concerned Nigerian as always, I'll help by telling my beloved Nairalanders how to go about this and be respected by the police....

For The Short term...
× When maltreated and harassed by the police.. try to know the police unit that the police man happens to come from, also take note of his name and force number, (the number is always written boldly on their breast pocket)
× Go to the police station closest, request to see the DPO, tender your case, and tell them if nothing is done about it, you'll draft a petition against that officer and the station to the Police quarters in your state ( the DPO ' s detest that so much, as it usually rubbishes their images and affects their promotion) and will always plead with you to settle amicably
× if you don't feel comfortable with the compensatory measures do as you had threatened.
Do these outlined and in truth, you'll see that police officer running to you for plea and mercy.... trust me on this.. (the police only brutalised people they believe are not enlightened enough to know all these)

Long term
× restructuring the police to develop state, city, and county police system... this is the most effective policing system in the world..

a vote for GMB... will bring this to fruition as is part of his manifesto...In the strategically mapped plan for a better security system in the state.

I'm for GMB/PYO 2015. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
killerman47:
I happen to have come across various threads of police extrajudicial killins and murder, lately of an FCMB banker, a Gombe state indigene , also a Nairalander was also shot some while ago... being a very concerned Nigerian as always, I'll help by telling my beloved Nairalanders how to go about this and be respected by the police....

For The Short term...
× When maltreated and harassed by the police.. try to know the police unit that the police man happens to come from, also take note of his name and force number, (the number is always written boldly on their breast pocket)
× Go to the police station closest, request to see the DPO, tender your case, and tell them if nothing is done about it, you'll draft a petition against that officer and the station to the Police quarters in your state ( the DPO ' s detest that so much, as it usually rubbishes their images and affects their promotion) and will always plead with you to settle amicably
× if you don't feel comfortable with the compensatory measures do as you had threatened.
Do these outlined and in truth, you'll see that police officer running to you for plea and mercy.... trust me on this.. (the police only brutalised people they believe are not enlightened enough to know all these)

Long term
× restructuring the police to develop state, city, and county police system... this is the most effective policing system in the world..

a vote for GMB... will bring this to fruition as is part of his manifesto...In the strategically mapped plan for a better security system in the state.

I'm for GMB/PYO 2015. Thank you.

Thanks for ruining your write up with the last paragraph.

State police will be abused just like amaechi abused the power of appointing state chief judge.

Rivers state courts have been under lock and keys for a long time with judicial workers salary forming part of APC campaign fund

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
aguiyi:

State police will be abused just like amaechi abused the power of appointing state chief judge.

Rivers state courts have been under lock and keys for a long time with judicial workers salary forming part of APC campaign fund
my brother that is the greatest fallacy of all time..... that is far from the truth... The state police system does not in anyway mean leaving the police force to the state, as we will still have federal police that overseas and regulates, but allowing the state, cities and community take charge of their security helps in tremendous ways more than you can ever think.... Every nation with good security employs this measure..... BTW, why should we continue operating this system where an I.G in abuja, controls everything.... It has never been effective with so many lapses.... why should we still continue in it.... institutions are created for men, and never men for it.... If a system has continually failed, it's only natural we seek redress...
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
killerman47:
my brother that is the greatest fallacy of all time..... that is far from the truth... The state police system does not in anyway mean leaving the police force to the state, as we will still have federal police that overseas and regulates, but allowing the state, cities and community take charge of their security helps in tremendous ways more than you can ever think.... Every nation with good security employs this measure..... BTW, why should we continue operating this system where an I.G in abuja, controls everything.... It has never been effective with so many lapses.... why should we still continue in it.... institutions are created for men, and never men for it.... If a system has continually failed, it's only natural we seek redress...

Agreed but recall that state governors do not control the court yet they have the powers to appoint into the highest legal office in a state.

How did the rivers state judiciary become non functional for months now
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
aguiyi:

Abused? That argument is lame. Each state would be better off with its own police force than the present arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Abused? That argument is lame. Each state would be better off with its own police force than the present arrangement.

For me opc in Lagos and the bakkassi boys in onitcha forms a test case on this issue. See what lastma is doing in Lagos ,Timariv is in PH doing their own. There are others in different states but the truth is, they are more prone to cruelty and Unprofessionalism than their federal counterpart . That's an abuse of power . All force agency and paramilitary should be controlled from the centre. It's very important.
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by egift(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
Just vote for BUHARI and end it at once. Or vote Jonathan and keep suffering.
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Yeske2(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
So on point @OP, you sound like a force man, lawyer or someone related to one. They (some though) are cool but majority are..... God knows. I relate well with so many and they'd help you if they think you need the help.
Do as stated from OP and no force man would intimidate you
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
Aii sire; tnx.4d compliment; I actually have lawyer friends.. And some police men as friends... But I'm not a force man; hope to be 1w soon though...
Re: How to tackle Police Recklessness And Brutality without spending a dime... by Orunto: 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
When you Educate the people, police and the rest of us, Understanding will aboud. Vote for GEJ, get educated even to the University, Mr. President, if he has any encounter with you, will respect your Understanding and reasoning. Laws and rules are made for dullards so they can be exploited by them. Education gives you Culture, Morals and Faith. So vote for more Education. Vote for GEJ!

(1) (Reply)

SEE Why Yoruba Leaders Siad Only A Bastard Will Vote Jonathan / Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari / Buhari Wants Sharia Law, Electing Him Is A Disaster For Africa - Ex US Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.