Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable (21453 Views)

Jonathan Backs Sheriff As Makarfi Vows To Fight On / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by mustymatic(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Cchuks27:
USA your plan will never work out. We are an independent country, so stop poke nosing in our business.
We have seen and learnt from the damages you've caused in Libya, Iraq, Syria, and more recently orchestrating the present conflict between Russia and Ukraine. We know your tactics.

These are all countries of interest (oil and world dominance) to you (USA).

Though countries that are presently going through severe conflicts and famine you have refused to lend a voice to them because they're not of interest to you.

We know you've a strong interest in Nigeria, let us (Nigerians) decide.

#AmericaLetNigeriansDecide
You have been heard.

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
Why is jonaTAN scared of Card reader, "the wicked runneth when no man pursueth"

Nairalanders, why don't you vote for a man that will improve the general situation of things in Nigeria, Come March 28th, let's do the right thing

#Call10Bring5
#APCCHANGE
#SaiBuhari
#GMB/PYO

VOTE APC

Web
http://call10bring5.com/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/call10bring5

Twitter
https://twitter.com/Call10Bring5
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by sotari(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
Wonders shal neva end, emaging a nation dat is doing al within their power to see dat dis gov't is collapse ar advicin us on d nid to used a card reader, b4 nw was considerin it's applicatiøn bt 4 d single fact dat these blood tasty enemies of dis nation has recommended we need avoid it. Aftr al it's their product which was aimed at riggin d poll jus to mak their professy com tru because beliv me or nt their most D (differentiation, division, desintegration) if n only if dat happens.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by size40: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Akbee:
we don't need their approval nor their comment. period.. we aint a puppet state anymore in the hands of the imperialist. we know what is best for us..
where was the US govt when boko haram were inflicting untold suffering and grieve on us?
Where was the US govt when we wanted sophisticated weapons to defeat bk?
No pick dat kind call again mr johnathan
U don't have common sense. u don't need their approval. But when little problems befalls ur country Nigeria, they will run to USA seeking all manners of help and assistance. Nigeria, our country is a moral burden if u don't know. The world's resources is going down everyday. so no country want to waste both human and material resources in settling an avoidable crisis like this one being created by GEJ and PDP because of power. That's why they keep warning GEJ.

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Forwetinnah: 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
CityNG:

When the Kowe bird is singing, all other birds shut up.

When we speak no one else can speak.

UK can't and won't go against us and must simply follow our lead.

Not even your Chinese and Russian masters can speak.

Sucks to be you grin

Naaah...it sucks to be you rather, all the US can do is Talk!! Nothing else!! Their threats have stopped working in many countries eg Syria, You push your hands down a hole for too long..you end up dragging out a Cobra instead of a Rabbit. Your rants doesn't stop the Nigerian Government from doing what's best..your manipulation and threats didn't stop us from getting arms from other countries, did it?? Don't push your luck too far or underestimate any country

*listening to Sam Smiths "I'm not the only one"**
tongue

2 Likes

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by sewentybaba: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
They should mind their business. We have no say in their elections

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Naaah...it sucks to be you rather, all the US can do is Talk!! Nothing else!! Their threats have stopped working in many countries eg Syria, You push your hands down a hole for too long..you end up dragging out a Cobra instead of a Rabbit. Your rants doesn't stop the Nigerian Government from doing what's best..your manipulation and threats didn't stop us from getting arms from other countries, did it?? Don't push your luck too far or underestimate any country

*listening to Sam Smiths "I'm not the only one"**
tongue

Nah, I'm good.

I come in out of Nigeria and US at will so my views are not that of a local yokel grin

You should stop celebrating purchasing weapons and start working of empowering the youths with jobs.

What have you done with the weapons? Killed terrorists who has their hands tied behind their backs and resting on the bravery of the Chad armies cheesy

CityNG, listening to "Surfering and Smiling" by Abami Eda.

2 Likes

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Aahammed1: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
imoleay0:
Wetin concern US with Nigeria?

Dem dey craze?

No be only card reader we go use, we go use flash drive join.

#NonsensePerExcellence
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Aahammed1: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
imoleay0:
Wetin concern US with Nigeria?

Dem dey craze?

No be only card reader we go use, we go use flash drive join.

#NonsensePerExcellence
Y? U people scared of card reader?pls help me ask gej and. His other corrupt pple.

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Asunmo555(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
Known dt GEJ are planning 2rig forthcoming eclection dts y he don't want jega 2use cardreader.

* No chance 4 magomago !
* No chance 4 ojooro !
* No chance 4 PDP !
* No chance 4 GEJ @ Asorock!
* change ! Change !! Change !!! We want changes
* Don't destroy your future vote 4 APC
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Akbee(m): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
size40:

U don't have common sense. u don't need their approval. But when little problems befalls ur country Nigeria, they will run to USA seeking all manners of help and assistance. Nigeria, our country is a moral burden if u don't know. The world's resources is going down everyday. so no country want to waste both human and material resources in settling an avoidable crisis like this one being created by GEJ and PDP because of power. That's why they keep warning GEJ.
its obvious ur quoting me from a beer parlour.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Forwetinnah: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
CityNG:

Nah, I'm good.

I come in out of Nigeria and US at will so my views are not that of a local yokel grin

You should stop celebrating purchasing weapons and start working of empowering the youths with jobs.

What have you done with the weapons? Killed terrorists who has their hands tied behind their backs and resting on the bravery of the Chad armies cheesy

Hohoohooooo. .was waiting to hear you tell me how powerful the US is..i travel in and out of the US too, get off your high horse. In as much as id like to believe youre one of the "employed adults" in the US, my head tells me otherwise. Keep celebrating your racist striken life in the US. Crazy Hypocrites grin
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Adyrin(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
You should be ashamed of your low reasoning faculty!
Ebola came to Nigeria and they turned their back, bokoharam came_it was time for support they refused, ok sell us weapons they were adamant!
Now its election; they are so "loving and caring" that they feel interested!
We Nigerials want a credible election so they should KEEP OFF_I wish I could just rig this election and they notice twould have been nice!
stronger:
Mr. Jonathan, if you try anything funny in the elections, AMERICA WILL KNOW!!
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by LAX89(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
jcflex:
Joe Biden, vice president of the United States, on Wednesday spoke with President Goodluck Jonathan on the 2015 general election, which was rescheduled for March 28 and April 11.

He expressed support for the use of card readers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the elections, according to a statement issued by the United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria.

Biden also expressed “concern” about recent political violence in the country and “reiterated” the need for Jonathan, the candidate of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and Muhammadu Buhari, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), to condemn it.

THE FULL TEXT:

[b]U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke yesterday with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhari ahead of the Nigerian presidential election, which is scheduled for March 28.

The Vice President commended President Jonathan and General Buhari for signing the Abuja Accord in mid-January as a show of their commitment to non-violence throughout the election process.

The Vice President further expressed the United States’ support for the Nigerian Independent National Electoral Commission and its work to deliver free, fair, and credible elections, in part through its essential efforts to distribute Permanent Voter Cards and help ensure that electronic voter card readers are in place and fully operational.

He also noted his concern about the violence during some recent election-related events and reiterated the need for both candidates to make clear that such violence has no place in democratic elections.

Vice President Biden affirmed that the United States stands with the Nigerian people in support of credible and peaceful elections, and will continue to stand with the Nigerian people whatever the outcome.[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/19/us-vp-calls-jonathan-backs-use-card-reader-thecable

If it is such a wonderful idea, why don't they use it in America?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Adyrin(m): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
CityNG:

Nah, I'm good.

Since you travel a lot you are suppose to be more grounded in your grammar!
Reference the bolded!!!
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by stronger: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adyrin:
Ebola came to Nigeria and they turned their back, bokoharam came_it was time for support they refused, ok sell us weapons they were adamant!
We Nigerials want a credible election so they should KEEP OFF_I wish I could just rig this election and they notice twould have been nice!

Awwwww. . why are you so sad though? It's fine. I don't blame you for your ignorance. You are a victim of the GEJ maladministration!

People like you that reduce foreign policy and international relations (oh don't have a headache now) to a simple - America should leave us alone are the reason ignorance spreads worse than Ebola.

Now go do some basic reading on What part America actually played, okay? Then come back and tell me what you learn. Please don't go off watching African magic which is what you very likely fill your time with.

Bye Felicia!
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by sotari(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adyrin:
arrant nonsense
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Adyrin(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Go play with your toys son!
Your friends are waiting....
stronger:

Awwwww. . why are you so sad though? It's fine. I don't blame you for your ignorance. You are a victim of the GEJ maladministration!

People like you that reduce foreign policy and international relations (oh don't have a headache now) to a simple - America should leave us alone are the reason ignorance spreads worse than Ebola.

Now go do some basic reading on What part America actually played, okay? Then come back and tell me what you learn. Please don't go off watching African magic which is what you very likely fill your time with.

Bye Felicia!
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Skoopy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Read between the line, you'll see he stated clearly that th US supports the Nigerian people NOT THE GOVERNMENT whatever the outcome of the elections would be. Good news

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adyrin:

Reference the bolded!!!

A red herring as well as a non sequitur.

You have nothing to teach me nor do I have anything to learn from you.

Stop being a sore looser and man the frack up already dude.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Hohoohooooo. .was waiting to hear you tell me how powerful the US is..i travel in and out of the US too, get off your high horse. In as much as id like to believe youre one of the "employed adults" in the US, my head tells me otherwise. Keep celebrating your racist striken life in the US. Crazy Hypocrites grin

Thank you but I like being atop my high horse, the air is cleaner up here grin

Another youth of a failed state with net access.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by PastorOla1: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
CR77:
When will the Americans learn to shut up there mouth..

Anyway GEJ till 2019. shocked shocked
You don't love NG, Just to shout GEJ. Small minded boy. DADANI.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by kadree(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
THE MENTALITY YOU NEED TO HAVE BEFORE GETTING INTO THE CORRIDOR OF POWER IN NIGERIA.

*Romance with corrupt politicians in power.

*Get into power through massive rigging.

*Embezzle and deliberately deny the people of there right for basic amenities.

*Pardon and appoint corrupt officials with political appointment.

*As election time approaches, give the citizens LITTLE of the basic amenities you deliberately denied them of over the years you have governed and watch them vote and support you in mass.

*Then, another years of embezzlement while the gullible citizens wallow in nothingness is assured.

This is the time to say NO to these gimmicks.

BE WISE!!!

Please reshare.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Adyrin(m): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
STFU
Bush baby baboon
CityNG:

A red herring as well as a non sequitur.

You have nothing to teach me nor do I have anything to learn from you.

Stop being a sore looser and man the frack up already dude.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Forwetinnah: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
CityNG:

Thank you but I like being atop my high horse, the air is cleaner up here grin

Another youth of a failed state with net access.

Successful you...oshi!!
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by stevecantrell: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
US know Gej can't win this election without rigging and they want him to lose, why ?

Because Militant activity in the Niger Delta would resume to cut off oil supplies and the demise of Nigeria would be fast tracked, thus fulfilling the CIAs prediction.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adyrin:
STFU
Bush baby baboon

I considered your request, briefly, but decided to deny it.

A plankton, a slack jawed droopy hand troglodyte.

grin
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Successful you...oshi!!

Omo oju orolari grin

Go suckle on another userid will you?
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Forwetinnah: 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adyrin:

Reference the bolded!!!

Don't mind that Ajegunle pikin feeling funky on NL. grin
I'm very sure he's washing corpses or cleaning up the elderly if he's really in the States like he claims. His mates are being dependant men in Nigeria. .he's in the US answering Nigger*. They have no respect for them overseas..The only time you're respected is if they know you came for vacation. Him dey there dey shine oyinbo man shoe dey happy!! grin

1 Like

Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Forwetinnah: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
CityNG:

Omo oju orolari grin

Go suckle on another userid will you?

Cab man face front o..before you appear before a judge grin
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by nationwide1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
edogirl2:

If not for America's 'we are watching you' stance, Mr Jonathan's original plan to postpone elections indefinitely and hand over to an interim govt will have been executed by now.

The President and his hatchet team have been exploring alternative plans, but each time a senior member of the US govt calls Mr Jonathan, they remind him there will be consequences.

I no PDP kids will soon rush here and say who is America. You wait. Let the President mess up this election, then you will see. His case will be worse than Gbabgo.

Man, what are you talking about? Do you mean America's interest in our election is out of their love for Nigeria?

Do you know that America can't invest in where they can't gain in multiples?

Has it ever occurred to you that our turning down America's homosexuality prescription is still annoying them?

If they so love us, why didn't they assist us in tackling insurgency by selling military hardwares to us?

They so love us and they refuse buying our oil? Do you know why Naira has been so devalued? Do you know that America that 'love' you so much has a hand in it?

Do you know that America wants to see their prediction of Nigeria's disintegration realized?

Have you ever sincerely prayed for Nigeria?

So many people liked your post and I wept because Nigerian youths have been brainwashed to reason like the 15th century people.

I wept because the youths cannot think for themselves? For them anything America / white is superior.

Had young Enahoro, Azikiwe, Awolowo reasoned like some youths today, our independence would've been shifted to 1980.

I'm not advocating for interim government or postponement of election but what makes it interest America so much when they were not there for us in time of need?

One day, Nigeria will be great and no human or country will intimidate us.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
edogirl2:

If not for America's 'we are watching you' stance, Mr Jonathan's original plan to postpone elections indefinitely and hand over to an interim govt will have been executed by now.

The President and his hatchet team have been exploring alternative plans, but each time a senior member of the US govt calls Mr Jonathan, they remind him there will be consequences.

I no PDP kids will soon rush here and say who is America. You wait. Let the President mess up this election, then you will see. His case will be worse than Gbabgo.

u must be a massively stupid individual for thinking in this manner. When did America become the owner of Nigeria to force us to obey dem?

Idiot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Wins Soku Oil Wells From Bayelsa As Court Orders Map Error Correction / 2023: APC, Tinubu Will Fail In Rivers – Primate Ayodele / FAAN Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Aircraft Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.