Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family (23149 Views)

What's The Quickest You've Gone From Meeting Someone The 1st Time To Having Sex / "Why Didn't You Touch Me"-Girl Asks Boy Who Helped Her After Their Meeting. PICS / How To Know She Is A ‘runs Girl’ Without Meeting Her In Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by HaitianQueen: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello so I need some tips from my Nigerian brothers and sisters. My boyfriend who is Nigerian (father from Igbo & mother from Yoruba) would like for me to meet his parents and family.

By nature I am a very kind, sweet and respectful Haitian woman. We have very similar morals and principals (which is why we get along so well).

Anyways! Lol, I would like to know... Is it consider a nice gesture to get his mother and sister a nice gift to show my appreciation towards them? What are some other gestures that I can show them to acknowledge them?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
Is that both of you in the pic?

Does he only manage to plant a kiss on your forehead?

That would be really frustrating if that's all he does for P.D.A...grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by 25omega(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
If you are meeting them for the first time, you probably shouldn't bring anything but your morals, pleasant nature and willingness to meet some new people. Further more ask him what to expect. Beyond that, i don't think you will have any issues because if his mother is Yoruba and Father is Igbo, they are progressive thinkers who wont hold you being from Haiti against you. Just be chill and follow the flow of things and you will be fine. Good luck

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by majalisa(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
HaitianQueen:
Hello so I need some tips from my Nigerian brothers and sisters. My boyfriend who is Nigerian (father from Igbo & mother from Yoruba) would like for me to meet his parents and family.

By nature I am a very kind, sweet and respectful Haitian woman. We have very similar morals and principals (which is why we get along so well).

Anyways! Lol, I would like to know... Is it consider a nice gesture to get his mother and sister a nice gift to show my appreciation towards them? What are some other gestures that I can show them to acknowledge them?
another pix of u guys or....

5 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by yeahh(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Visit dem loaded
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by StPete: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
African mothers like respect.
Never you say ‘hello' unless you’re pretty sure she is VERY literate.
Greeting a Yoruba woman all the time is considered a score point.
Getting her gifts would definitely win you points but be rest assured the gifts are mother-oriented.
Such gifts may include but not limited to expensive African materials with shoes and bags to match.
I’ll stop here for now smiley

BTW, if you’ve got any single Haitian sisters, pls feel free to holla (send a pm wink)

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Vince77(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Be yourself. Don't be too nervous.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
25omega:
If you are meeting them for the first time, you probably shouldn't bring anything but your morals, pleasant nature and willingness to meet some new people. Further more ask him what to expect. Beyond that, i don't think you will have any issues because if his mother is Yoruba and Father is Igbo, they are progressive thinkers who wont hold you being from Haiti against you. Just be chill and follow the flow of things and you will be fine. Good luck

Seconded....and a gift won't be a bad idea BTW.....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lol

When u wanna greet his mum..scrape ur knees to the point of having blisters. If u don't kneel when greeting a yoruba woman,O.Y.O

Don't chew gum

Don wear skimpy clothes

Help out in the kitchen,at least with the clearing of the table

U could surprise his mum by saying ekaro or ekasan or ekale ma.

The fathers are usually less troublesome

Don't be too clingy with ur man,let him sit on mum's thighs if he likes smiley

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by sCun: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Fake ass story

1 Like

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Alenkakent(m): 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
well... all d best with that
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by jamillion: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Sweetguy25: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Just bring Wyclef to sing for them.

28 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by boman2014: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ask the next person! vvv
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by seuncyber(m): 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Be your self

Respect the sister and brother and don't Naira land there

6 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by hensben(m): 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Team foreign babes crew over to you.

4 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Pebcak: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
understand the culture greetings especially from the yoruba side
Respect--> if you dont have problem kneeling you ll be aight
Food--> try not to reject food, if you can't eat make sure u have a good excuse and let them know ahead of time
Generally--> smile and enjoy the culture if you from Haiti then welcome home grin grin grin grin grin

They will call you IYAWO a lot---> wifey
You might get lost when they start speaking local language, dont get mad even if they gossip just know that er'body ghat nothing but love for you. If they dont like you they will not invite you

Gifts good idea, but watch it and dont turn to father christmas

26 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Zi: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Looks like its a long distance relationship tongue
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by felifeli: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Don't bring your credit card grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Abayor7: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
I'll be right back....
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by kobonaire(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Other than being yourself,respectful of elders and accepting of some of the cultural differences you may encounter there is nothing much you need to do IMHO. Nigerians are one of the nicest, welcoming and most accommodating people in this world. Get ready to have a great time with your new family.

6 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by Kelklein(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
...ok...but just remember this..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Getting them gifts is ok but make sure his dad is not left out in the gifts sharing.

Don't be nervous,just be yourself. Don't pretend to be what you're not.

Wish you the best.

9 Likes

Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by spiro4real(f): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Oh ok na
Re: Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family by DecencyLady(f): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
A gift won't be bad...
whichever way, follow ur heart and most importantly, be happy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Sexy Girls Show Off Their Curvy Boots (PHOTOS) / How to get Your dream man and Make Him Propose To You. / Ladies How To Rise Above The Stigma "You Wont Marry Like This"- MISEDUCATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.