Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nigerians Are Born Cowards! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Born Cowards! (4432 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Just Called Igbos Standing On The Sideline Cowards / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2009
@stillwater
ill ask you the same question i have asked others,are you based in nigeria presently or abroad??
if abroad,then same as myself we both DO NOT have any moral right to call nigerians cowards,simple!!
dont call them victors,because their fight is a daily one which includes hours in traffic everyday,fear of armed robbery e.t.c and they have not won, stuffs people abroad take for granted, dont forget we all did not fight for these stuffs we are enjoying in america,united kingdom e.t.c we all travelled there after others have made them possible,so who is the coward??
we ran away from our country when the going got tough to a land of comfort,and we turn around to call the people braving it out cowards??

last time i was in nigeria,i was in the old upfor hours and there was this man in the latest land cruiser, he was obviously rich and was sat in the owner's corner,but you could see how tired the man was by the way he was slumped in the back seat, my point,even the rich are not immune from the daily struggle
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
@luca

I have to disagree. We may not like the word 'coward' but it aptly describes our attitude towards the nonchanlance displayed by our leaders. Perhaps we can drop cowardice and call it stupidity.

It is only stupidity that will make us look on and expect manna from heaven when a few people decide to take money belonging to us all abroad where their children go to live in luxury. It is only stupidity that makes us ask God for help when we are hungry after we have sold our votes for a loaf of bread. It is only stupidity that makes us complain when we are waiting for our turn to loot the national treasury.

Our problems are self inflicted. Almost every one of us is waiting the chance to get into positions in order to have his/her own share of the 'blessing'. We have an attitude problem that leaves us in penury. Our attitude stinks because it is very shortsighted and does not consider every ramification. When our brother or sister gets elected, we see it as our opportunity to get rich quick rather than an opportunity to make things better for the generality of the population.

I could go on. . .

Are we cowards or plain stupid?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2009
@justgood
i agree with your comments but before addressing them, few pointers

1.you didnt say anything about the 100 ppl that died for june 12 who have not been compensated till today,and kola abiola turning round to marry one of babangida's children, the very ppl they were fighting for marrying the daughter of the man that annuled the election, how did you think nnigerians felt?remember the average nigerian has a good memory, now imagine an americana or britico telling them from afar to fight again?

2.who exactly are thw cowards,ill like you to answer this question before i reply your comments, the nigerians abroad or only the ones based in nigeria?

3.what do you propose in the alternative that is either marginally or radically different from my solutions?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2009
lucabrasi:

@stillwater
ill ask you the same question i have asked others,are you based in nigeria presently or abroad??
if abroad,then same as myself we both DO NOT have any moral right to call nigerians cowards,simple!!
dont call them victors,because their fight is a daily one which includes hours in traffic everyday,fear of armed robbery e.t.c and they have not won, stuffs people abroad take for granted, dont forget we all did not fight for these stuffs we are enjoying in america,united kingdom e.t.c we all travelled there after others have made them possible,so who is the coward??
we ran away from our country when the going got tough to a land of comfort,and we turn around to call the people braving it out cowards??

last time i was in nigeria,i was in the old upfor hours and there was this man in the latest land cruiser, he was obviously rich and was sat in the owner's corner,but you could see how tired the man was by the way he was slumped in the back seat, my point,even the rich are not immune from the daily struggle

My being based abroad does not rule out the fact that I'm a born and bred Nigerian who has lived in the system for years, so I can tell you that the Nigerian attitude towards the situation in Nigeria is nonchanlance and nothing near bravery and I take no offense to being called a coward as a Nigerian, because it's the bitter truth. We have been brainwashed to take things as we see it instead of actually doing something about them. Besides no one wants to die or tortured by the already tortured police, so we will continue managing and adapting (from what I understand your own definition of bravery - "managing and adapting"wink to whatever blows the government has in store for us.

FYI the people "braving it out" are readily looking for any means to escape. Are you telling me they would hesitate having a UK or American visa? Phuleaaassee!!! grin
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2009
lucabrasi:

@justgood
i agree with your comments but before addressing them, few pointers

1.you didnt say anything about the 100 ppl that died for june 12 who have not been compensated till today,and kola abiola turning round to marry one of babangida's children, the very ppl they were fighting for marrying the daughter of the man that annuled the election, how did you think nnigerians felt?remember the average nigerian has a good memory, now imagine an americana or britico telling them from afar to fight again?

2.who exactly are thw cowards,ill like you to answer this question before i reply your comments, the nigerians abroad or only the ones based in nigeria?

3.what do you propose in the alternative that is either marginally or radically different from my solutions?

@ luca, your post says it all - that we are stupid - the fact that Kola turned round to marry IBB's daughter is enough for Nigerians to stand up against all the so-called people who have been in the limelight all these while because they are all the same. Time and chance is what differentiates them. If they were all out in similar situations, they'll do the same.

You know what? Nigerians are also exactly like that!

Most Nigerians will loot if they get into positions of authority. Its a mindset of our people; it's our mentality; it's been cultivated over years. That is why no one is willing to sacrifice to make changes which will move the nation forward. If we are willing to sacrifice our temporary comforts in exchange for a more secure future, we will move forward. However, we are not ready to do such hence we wallow in our state of motion without movement.

I will advocate a situation where every Nigerian goes to vote in elections AND they should learn to vote only for anyone who has never been involved in public political life. If such a person is found wanting after the first term in office, they should be voted out. It is a first step in achieving true democracy without a demonstration of CRAZE
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by vicade(m): 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
Cowards or not, Those that are not cowards and have died, what did their death achieve. Who Killed Funsho Williams and Bola Ige? The killers are probably in Power and are made chief hosts of  social events in Nigeria.Even if you want to die for Nigeria, Your death might make no Difference because of Large Scale Corruption

Corruption in Nigeria is the Same as Corruption in Developed Nations such as USA and UK. The difference is that, in the USA and UK, you are 90% Likely to be caught and 95% Likely to be Prosecuted. But in Nigeria you are 5% Likely to be caught and 1% Likely to be Prosecuted. Ironically, you might even be Celebrated
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
sorry vicade. . . the reason those deaths made no difference is because most Nigerians perpetuate that state of affairs with their attitudes.
Most nigerians are thieves in themselves and waiting to get to positions where they can loot. Who then is the person guilty of corruption?
The earlier we realise that the problem is one resident in ALMOST ALL Nigerians, the better we will be. As it is now, I just dont see a way forward for the country until such a time as we all recognise our lapses rather than pointing fingers.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2009
vicade:

Cowards or not, Those that are not cowards and have died, what did their death achieve. Who Killed Funsho Williams and Bola Ige? The killers are probably in Power and are made chief hosts of social events in Nigeria.Even if you want to die for Nigeria, Your death might make no Difference because of Large Scale Corruption

Corruption in Nigeria is the Same as Corruption in Developed Nations such as USA and UK. The difference is that, in the USA and UK, you are 90% Likely to be caught and 95% Likely to be Prosecuted. But in Nigeria you are 5% Likely to be caught and 1% Likely to be Prosecuted. Ironically, you might even be Celebrated

Is it not teh generality of Nigerians who are responsible for the bolded?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by davidnnachi: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2009
i feel Nigerians are not really cowards per se but the bulk of Nigerians have a mental disorder called the "passive aggressive behavior"
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior ), makes us 'submit to' or dodge unpleasant actions just for the purpose of avoiding confrontation/conflict,  usually a product of a typical cultural Nigerian upbringing that doesn't encourage standing-up to older ones or going against any form of authority (parents,teachers etc.) even when they are wrong in fear of isolation or unknown harm.

Hence, the seemly cowardly behavior. If Nigerians are really cowards people wouldn't have the confidence for Scams/CON (, fidence in full) Game or probably drug trafficking, which requires the opposite.

The Power issue in the country amasses to a shorten life span of the average Nigerian considering the amount of pollution pouring into the enviro from energy generating machines. But who would devote his time and money to suing the Nigerian government on attempted genocide. All we can do is grumble at forums like these just like we used to when we where young and had to cope with strict unfair illogical rules from the teachers/parents.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
davidnnachi:

i feel Nigerians are not really cowards per se but the bulk of Nigerians have a mental disorder called the "passive aggressive behavior"
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior ), makes us 'submit to' or dodge unpleasant actions just for the purpose of avoiding confrontation/conflict, usually a product of a typical cultural Nigerian upbringing that doesn't encourage standing-up to older ones or going against any form of authority (parents,teachers etc.) even when they are wrong in fear of isolation or unknown harm.

Hence, the seemly cowardly behavior. If Nigerians are really cowards people wouldn't have the confidence for Scams/CON (, fidence in full) Game or probably drug trafficking, which requires the opposite.

The Power issue in the country amasses to a shorten life span of the average Nigerian considering the amount of pollution pouring into the enviro from energy generating machines. But who would devote his time and money to suing the Nigerian government on attempted genocide. All we can do is grumble at forums like these just like we used to when we where young and had to cope with strict unfair illogical rules from the teachers/parents.

Hiding behind a computer screen and under pretense to scam people is a full blown act of nothing else but cowardice.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2009
stillwater:

My being based abroad does not rule out the fact that I'm a born and bred Nigerian who has lived in the system for years, so I can tell you that the Nigerian attitude towards the situation in Nigeria is nonchanlance and nothing near bravery and I take no offense to being called a coward as a Nigerian, because it's the bitter truth. We have been brainwashed to take things as we see it instead of actually doing something about them. Besides no one wants to die or tortured by the already tortured police, so we will continue managing and adapting (from what I understand your own definition of bravery - "managing and adapting"wink to whatever blows the government has in store for us.

FYI the people "braving it out" are readily looking for any means to escape. Are you telling me they would hesitate having a UK or American visa? Phuleaaassee!!! grin
first of all,im not begrudging you for seeking a better life abroad,after all im not in nigeria as well,the point ill re iterate again is that,these who out of choice and these who have no choice in nigeria are brave and not cowards by virture of the fact that they go through all these things i have catalogued in my former comments on a daily basis, stuffs we have long taken for granted remember we didnt fight for these stuffs we are enjoying now, was i in the uk in the 1800s when cholera was killing them because of unclean water? was i there in the victorian and edwardian times when they had water carriers like the northerners in lagos these days?i wasnt there,neither was no nigerian yet we are enjoying clean n constant water supply now,

transpose same to where you r resident abroad now,

like i asked before,why should the nigerian in nigeria listen to you?or anyone abroad when you are not willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with him/her?im sure you have seen the footages of martin luther king bus boycott,he didnt stay in alaska or mexico urging the people to fight,he stood there in front on the march,is mr phil or any diasporian ready to do that before calling nigerians cowards??
yes,i agree with you that nigerians have that mindset of managing and adapting,but ill put the larger share on we diasporians not the ones in nigeria, we took the easy way out,we are not millionaires in the uk/us yet we are managing and adapting,some are doing menial jobs,suffering racism,no papers e.t.c yet"managing and adapting,
mr phil is being trated as a second class or even thrid class citizen,yet he is "managing and adapting"
why doesnt he move to nigeria,and re ignite the struggle?instead of writing articles summarily damning the whole of nigerians as cowards, to be qualified in making such a statement you should first of all be in nigeria or be seen to be at the fore front of the struggle(eg the sahara reports guy,while not in nigeria,doing a lot, gani fawehinmi,falana,ribadu e.t.c)

what is mr phil or anyone calling nigerians cowards antecedents,where is the moral right to call them cowards,when we are not experiencing what they are now?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2009
JustGood:

@ luca, your post says it all - that we are stupid - the fact that Kola turned round to marry IBB's daughter is enough for Nigerians to stand up against all the so-called people who have been in the limelight all these while because they are all the same. Time and chance is what differentiates them. If they were all out in similar situations, they'll do the same.

You know what? Nigerians are also exactly like that!

yes,but remember many of these stupid nigerians gave their lives for the abiola struggle,why didint anyone take it up from where these set left off?
remember mlk did his bit and others took the baton,are the nigerians abroad like mr phil not the most cowardly for running away and not taking up the baton?
if a member of my family died during the abiola saga,then i have every right to say i have done enough and for others to take it from there no?
JustGood:

Most Nigerians will loot if they get into positions of authority. Its a mindset of our people; it's our mentality; it's been cultivated over years. That is why no one is willing to sacrifice to make changes which will move the nation forward. If we are willing to sacrifice our temporary comforts in exchange for a more secure future, we will move forward. However, we are not ready to do such hence we wallow in our state of motion without movement.

most nigerians will loot because of poverty not because its ingrained within them,are there no honest nigerians?
besides,we are all guilty of your assertions above including yourself,when the likes of gani fawehinmi stood up,falana e.t.c remember nigerians stood with them or where dyu think their support base is from? the rich or priviledged?
let us start the sacrifice from the likes of mr phil and others like him i.e diasporians going back to nigeria and re igniting the fire, then if nigerians refuse to follow or respond ,thats when they can be accused of cowardice
JustGood:

I will advocate a situation where every Nigerian goes to vote in elections AND they should learn to vote only for anyone who has never been involved in public political life. If such a person is found wanting after the first term in office, they should be voted out. It is a first step in achieving true democracy without a demonstration of CRAZE
true,but you are still guilty of the same thing mr phil is, lead by example and see if nigerians will not follow you,
my stance is this
1.nigerians are not cowards because their daily lives from young to old is a struggle,they have been betrayed in the past and so are understandably more cautious,seeing as they will end up losing more if things go pear shaped e.g almost 100 lives lost in 1993 without compensation, the likes of keyamo using them to further his career then dumping them,no visionary leader or individual to look up to as a face or sign of that struggle making it difficult to rally people of diverse ethnic backgrounds,religions e.t.c together

2.in view of the few points above and more, what exactly has mr phil done in the past,what has he sacrificed to make him a judge of the nigerian psyche?
if gani fawehinmi called nigerians cowards,then ill say he has earned the right because he has been at the fore front,and suffering ill health because of these struggles,what has mr phil or anyone abroad insulated from the everyday nigerian struggle done to earn that right?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
@luca, I note your points

however, drawing from your own points, we are all cowards because we are unable to continue the fight that some people started for us.

You said most Nigerians will loot because of poverty - the same poverty is what drives Nigerian leaders to loot - effectively, this means that we are all looters, maybe because of poverty.

I do not want to get into what I have done but i can let you know that I have done something and I actually left as a result of the fact that I noticed that most Nigerians would rather continue in the same attitudes that got us into poverty. I could have left immediately after my secondary education or at any time for that matter but I chose to stay in Nigeria. I tried to do something when I felt I was in a position to do something and even those who claimed to believe in the ideals sold out when the politicians came calling with cash only enough to buy them one meal each.

Who is to blame for that?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Gamine(f): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
What are some people saying as usual eh

The Article hits a raw nerve, Nigerians love to keep their head in the Sand.

What we ought to do, we would never do, only talk talk

I can boldly say, i would rather not live in Nigeria, until they get their heads straight!!

Nigerians in Nigeria, Really?? what the heck are we waiting for??
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by ilaugh1: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2009
Gamine:

I can boldly say, i would rather not live in Nigeria, until they get their heads straight!!

and you think that is anybody's business if you do or not? or you think the 130million other Nigerians will miss you if you decide not to live in Nigeria? Hell no, noone will miss you on bit.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Gamine(f): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2009
LOL.

Exactly, so no need to suffer my self

all of you can keep suffering and smiling dia, HAHAHAHAHA
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by ilaugh1: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2009
Gamine:

LOL.

Exactly, so no need to suffer my self

all of you can keep suffering and smiling dia, HAHAHAHAHA

That realy got me cracking now - suffering? Hell no, what most people have here are things you can not have even if you work over there in 45 years, you are one of the people who think everything in Naija is about suffering, you will be surprised. When you see your mates building houses with their own money, and all you can boast of abroad is mortgages, when you see them manning and running their own businesses here, when they go abroad for shopping regularly, abroad for holidays, when they make their money work for them, then you will know that the issue of suffering and smiling is d other way round. Funny u.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by ilaugh1: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2009
Who is a coward now? The one who ran away from his/her country, picks up citizenship of another country, and now stays far away to write and talk evil and crap about the country he fled, the country he abandoned, or the one who stayed and bleives in the survival of the country, the ne who prays that all should be well, the one who sees a future for the country - which one is more of a coward?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2009
coward cow·ard (ko̵u′ərd)

noun

1) a person who lacks courage, esp. one who is shamefully unable to control fear and so shrinks from danger or trouble

2) : one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity

Why do we want to TWIST and MODIFY the meaning of the word so we can comfortably claim not to be cowards??
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by ilaugh1: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Last Poster

So, who does that apply to? Kindly sk the first poster and tell him to shut up.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Gamine(f): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
Hahaha

"Na so our country be oo"

"Na so we see am o"

hahaha
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2009
It applies to you, I and everyone else afraid to face the reality of our situation in Nigeria. The reason we have so far allowed ourselves to be ruled by the same old numskulls, knowing full well that all that has been perpetrated and continues to be against our children is not legal, is simply because we are cowards. As long as we remain on the side, cursing and blaming the politicians rather than stepping up to fight for our right, be it through signing of petitions or demanding our rights through peaceful protests, we remain cowards.

Deny it all you want but the label fits perfectly if you go by the definition of the word. Either you wear it and move forward from there or continue to blame everyone else for not doing things exactly as you do it. That is usually the Nigerian way.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Thadude(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2009
Not all Nigerians are cowards. If you say Nigerians are cowards for leavin Nigeria to promising lands, what would you call a group of people who fled europe at a time of an evil uprising to America and made American the greatest country on earth?, were they cowards for refusing to be killed in the uprising and delivering their families to a Land where their unborn could tell their story?, pls we should always talk perspective when we speak. Every man has the right to achieve his/her GOD given potentials when your country refuses to see ur potential, that country becomes the ultimate looser in the face of nations that is the story of NIGERIA. If i can achieve my dreams truthfully, honestly and with hard work in Cotonu why should i give a heck about Nigeria, Nigeria has failed in its responsibilities to its people and can not expect such failed people to reward it.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2009
JustGood:

@luca, I note your points

however, drawing from your own points, we are all cowards because we are unable to continue the fight that some people started for us.

You said most Nigerians will loot because of poverty - the same poverty is what drives Nigerian leaders to loot - effectively, this means that we are all looters, maybe because of poverty.

I do not want to get into what I have done but i can let you know that I have done something and I actually left as a result of the fact that I noticed that most Nigerians would rather continue in the same attitudes that got us into poverty. I could have left immediately after my secondary education or at any time for that matter but I chose to stay in Nigeria. I tried to do something when I felt I was in a position to do something and even those who claimed to believe in the ideals sold out when the politicians came calling with cash only enough to buy them one meal each.

Who is to blame for that?
you r getting it wrong,i wasnt reffering to you or an individual,but to a group of nigerians based on the context of the man phil being a diasporian,
you will note that what informed my first comment was basically because he was writing from abroad,there is absolutely nothing wrong in what he has written but i dis agree with him based on the fact that
1)nigerians go through a whole lot every single day i.e the average nigerian,lets even discountenance the rich now, i listed no light,water,fear of armed robbery e.t.c

i also said that i disagree with him because he didnt have the moral right to call nigerians cowards,when he is an "andrew that checked out"if he believed so much in that struggle he claims nigerians are cowardly towards,then surely he will be there in nigeria standing shoulder to shoulder with the people, i gave an instance of martin luther king who didnt write from afar,same as ghandi e.t.c even at that,they didnt call a whole group of their ppl cowards, the reason i included all diasporians is because they tend to be the loudest critics,and then calling nigerians cowards and what not completely tossing the fundamentals in the bin,
i gave a few reasons why an average nigerian is justifiably cautious i.e the kola abiola/babangida daughter,failings and betrayals by anti corruption activists e.t.c

and i asked if there has been any nigerian abroad that has gone home to re ignite them or spoken to these people and they have cowardly said they r not interested?yet the word coward is being bandied around, i gave an example of the almost 100 nigerians who lost their lives without compensation,isnt that part of the underlying issues causing caution and distrust?imagine any of their families seeing an article from a jumped up arrogant american wanabe calling them cowards after losing lives.

an ethnically and religiously diverse country needs a rallying point to re ignite the spirit where is that individual in the nigeria today?yet they are arbitrarily reffered to as cowards,that is my grouse
Gamine:

assuming you are one of these nigerians with their head in the sand?
what we ought to do we never do?why dont yopu start the movement and see if others wont follow you, dont underrate yourself,rosa parks was a woman same as you so fire on and enough with the words online!!
if you cant live in nigeria,bravo,good for you theres enough space for more nigerians in uk anyway so lets all stay here and continue eating fish and chips,but for goodness sakes lets stop our hypocritical attitudes of condemning others of what we are equally guilty of
i_laugh:

Who is a coward now? The one who ran away from his/her country, picks up citizenship of another country, and now stays far away to write and talk evil and crap about the country he fled, the country he abandoned, or the one who stayed and bleives in the survival of the country, the ne who prays that all should be well, the one who sees a future for the country - which one is more of a coward?
exactly!!!!its not like some nigerians dont choose to travel and go back home every now and then without being forced to,many at least in the uk are moving back home en masse yet sit tight diasporians like the phil who are detached from the reality in nigeria will write whatever comes to their mind
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by bindex(m): 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2009
lucabrasi what are you preaching all this while?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by NegroNtns(m): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2009
Nuzo,

Thanks for bringing the write up. In a relationship of friednship between two people there are three forces at work. There is the individual force of each party coming together and then there is a resultant force of the composites forming a bond. The harmony and pattern of behavior of the relationship is determined by the resultant energy, this is the force of the relationship itself and not of the two people within the relationship. Even though individually the persons forming the union are great in their own separate lives, coming together and forming this imbalance in composite energy could result in chaos that ultimately will destroy the individual lives. Gradually, each party withdraws its contributions, whether materially, spiritually or mentally and if they were married, cheating begins, extra marital affairs begin, they start to steal from one another, accusations and counter accusations increase and sometimes it might include violent bursts of emotion. Nothing they do moves them forward or promote goodwill and ultimately they find their fulfillment elsewhere and this doomed union must end in divorce or separation.

In the case of Nigeria, each tribe standing individually had its great attributes and in our individual destinies were more effective than we are now combined in an in-harmonious composition that is not beneficial to any entity, separate or as a union. We are under the influence of that inharmonious resultant energy of the union and where we should be contributing to the central progress we are instead cheating and stealing from the center.

People have stood up in the past and I am sure that there are people willing to stand up now and there will be people in future willing to stand up. Each time people stand up it brings hope but the hope is quickly quashed before it has time to fire up the will. The will is what is missing. But the will is not there because of the reasons I already pointed out, the forces of dis-unity is far greater than the hope of unity.

If you break up Nigeria today and the component nations took back their pre-amalgamation boundaries, within 20yrs they should be able to self-correct and move on in with an individual destiny and far greater development than would be the case otherwise.

We are not cowards, our will is weakened by the effect of a dis-harmonious union.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by asha80(m): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
Nuzo,

Thanks for bringing the write up. In a relationship of friednship between two people there are three forces at work. There is the individual force of each party coming together and then there is a resultant force of the composites forming a bond. The harmony and pattern of behavior of the relationship is determined by the resultant energy, this is the force of the relationship itself and not of the two people within the relationship. Even though individually the persons forming the union are great in their own separate lives, coming together and forming this imbalance in composite energy could result in chaos that ultimately will destroy the individual lives. Gradually, each party withdraws its contributions, whether materially, spiritually or mentally and if they were married, cheating begins, extra marital affairs begin, they start to steal from one another, accusations and counter accusations increase and sometimes it might include violent bursts of emotion. Nothing they do moves them forward or promote goodwill and ultimately they find their fulfillment elsewhere and this doomed union must end in divorce or separation.

In the case of Nigeria, each tribe standing individually had its great attributes and in our individual destinies were more effective than we are now combined in an in-harmonious composition that is not beneficial to any entity, separate or as a union. We are under the influence of that inharmonious resultant energy of the union and where we should be contributing to the central progress we are instead cheating and stealing from the center.

People have stood up in the past and I am sure that there are people willing to stand up now and there will be people in future willing to stand up. Each time people stand up it brings hope but the hope is quickly quashed before it has time to fire up the will. The will is what is missing. But the will is not there because of the reasons I already pointed out, the forces of dis-unity is far greater than the hope of unity.

If you break up Nigeria today and the component nations took back their pre-amalgamation boundaries, within 20yrs they should be able to self-correct and move on in with an individual destiny and far greater development than would be the case otherwise.

We are not cowards, our will is weakened by the effect of a dis-harmonious union

Spot on!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by playahP(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
THIS IDIOT IS IN SOME FOREIGN LAND OPENING HIS STINKING BITCH ASS MOUTH TO CALL US COWARDS,
let me tell yall
living in Nigeria is being brave, ure the coward cos u travelled to another mans' land,
why dont you come and die for us becos we need a hero,

PPLE PLS TELL US HOW MANY PROTEST MARCHES WE HAVE HELD, INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING WHY DONT YOU COME UP WITH A GOOD IDEA FOR THE FUTURE LEADERS,

MY DEAR AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU ARE THE COWARDOOOO!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2009
Amazing how we reason! If you go abroad one minute or your location says you reside there, you are considered one who does not know of situation in Nigeria. But if you reside in Nigeria and you see it all and confirm that it is exactly how the one who lives outside explained it, you are not even to be considered. roflmao!!

Open your eyes people, and THINK! THINK !! THINK!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2009
Topic
More like born idiots!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by playahP(m): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
okay lets just assume that nigerians are cowards but they dont know,
u that knows better wat have u done about it,

U CANT JUST SIT IN FRONT OF UR SCREEN AND INSULT NIGERIANS COS THERE ARE PPLE THAT WORK DAY AND NIGHT TO SEE THAT THINGS GET BETTER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanusi Must Go. / Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? / WAR BEGINS!: Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.