Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigerians Are Born Cowards! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Born Cowards! (4431 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Just Called Igbos Standing On The Sideline Cowards / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by B118: 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2009
It is not fair to tag all Nigerians as cowards but fair enough u r just voicing ur opinion. I have raed about some brave Nigerians who stood up for the right of the people and where in the process murdered by the government, I will make mention of Ken Saro Wiwa in his fight for ogboni Land, we need more intelligent individuals to keep fighting, we all need to keep fighting it shudnt just be a case of they killed one of us so everybody keep quiet and let it end there
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Jan 21, 2009
playah P:

okay lets just assume that nigerians are cowards but they dont know,
u that knows better wat have u done about it,

U CANT JUST SIT IN FRONT OF UR SCREEN AND INSULT NIGERIANS COS THERE ARE PPLE THAT WORK DAY AND NIGHT TO SEE THAT THINGS GET BETTER

This is what I tag guilty conscience syndrome. If someone call you idiot and you know you are not an idiot, e go bother you? lol

Why do you feel the need to attack the man, if you know you are doing what you need to do as a Nigeria and you are proud of your contribution, you would see this as it really should. Are Nigerians cowards? following dictionary meaning, it seems to be the case. Are there however some among us who are doing great job at helping see an end to this plague? Definitely! Are those cowards? Not necessarily but they remain the minority and since the word Nigeria considers the majority here, so it should not phase them much. lol
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by strangleyo: 4:38am On Jan 21, 2009
I'd like to agree with poster but chastising 150 million people as cowards is counter-productive.

Fear of one losing his or her life due to the smallest altercation is not a characteristic of a coward, it is a normal human function.

Nigeria, and Africa as a whole has never discovered individual rights, people will act with impunity against others, our government will murder innocent protesters, give them any excuse.

In Nigeria, it is not wise to protest without a gun, a rocket launcher and a bullet proof vest.

Nigerians need to treat other Nigerians, AS NIGERIANS, not as yurobas, or ibos or hausa etc. That is a starting point. We can then all work together to "pluck" the godfathers out of the equation once and for all, followed by a culling of our bloated civil service, one way or another.

Running around protesting all day won't make a huge difference in the long run, it will most likely get a bunch of innocents killed.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2009
bindex:

lucabrasi what are you preaching all this while?
im preaching that we as diasporians should not see ourselves as better than nigerians or brainier than nigerians living in nigeria,we should stop the crass hypocrisy and keep our big mouths shut if we dont have a solution or willing to sacrifice, we are quick to wax lyrical about our experiences of good governance on our travels and sojourn abroad but we are not willing to do what the leaders in these countries did to make them the america and the united kingdom it is today e.t.c

while mr phil is quick to succintly point out our collective problem as cowardice and bla bla,isnt it only fair for him to show us what bravery means?
how will he do that if he is sat behind his computer in his plush apartment abroad?
its like dangote or kola abiola telling the youths under the bridge that they are lazy and should suck it up
playah P:

okay lets just assume that nigerians are cowards but they dont know,
u that knows better wat have u done about it,

U CANT JUST SIT IN FRONT OF UR SCREEN AND INSULT NIGERIANS COS THERE ARE PPLE THAT WORK DAY AND NIGHT TO SEE THAT THINGS GET BETTER
exactly!!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by BOSS7: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ Lucabrasi

But you also disagreed with the guy that said he would be renouncing his Nigerian citizenship. I wish I could know your stance on this because though he's got dual nationality, you could at least see his efforts to gather people so as to protest to the government in expressing his rights, he aklso did a lot of things in Nigeria in terms of financially supporting the needy.

So why have you disagreed with him and also disagreed with this other person who has called us all cowards. At least they're both diasporans aren't they?

Don't ignore the message and shoot the messenger please.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

@ Lucabrasi

But you also disagreed with the guy that said he would be renouncing his Nigerian citizenship. I wish I could know your stance on this because though he's got dual nationality, you could at least see his efforts to gather people so as to protest to the government in expressing his rights, he aklso did a lot of things in Nigeria in terms of financially supporting the needy.

So why have you disagreed with him and also disagreed with this other person who has called us all cowards. At least they're both diasporans aren't they?

Don't ignore the message and shoot the messenger please.
i simply disagreed with the fellow renouncing his nigerian citizenship because first thats a defeatist attitude and anyone carrying that sort of mindset around,sooner or later will inculcate it into their personal life,
i dont want to make my marriage work,so i renounce my marriage-divorce
i dont want to make my job work,i renounce my job-resignation
i dont want to make my business work-bankruptcy or selling

does that fact that nigeria is the way it is,enough reason to renounce one's citizenship?
did the americans,british e.t.c that he has so cowardly alligned with renounce their citizenship?
did you see the inauguration yesterday?every single person who did was touched at the level of patriotism americans displayed.
did he contribute both in blood,tears,sheer effort to make the countries he is alligning himself with what they are?
to me that is the personification of a coward in my book,renouncing his citizenship because the country needs building up /work done to it and hiding under the coat tails of america/britain because they r better,i dont see gani fawehinmi giving up even on his hospital bed,i dont see falana giving up,ken saro wiwa could have recewived millions of dollars and i bet you he will probably be a senator now has the guy done more than they have?

my stance is that,its all very well and good if you cant or dont want to be a beacon of hope either like sahara is doing or the likes of gani fawehinmi or charities are doing e.t.cthat is up to you and your individual choice

but dont sit in comfort somewhere abroad,denigrating a country of 150 million people or insulting and sullying the memory of the great and patriotic nigerians who have died in these important watersheds in spite of the fact that they are unsung and un appreciated by calling them cowards, especially when you are a nobody,if a rejoinder of some sort is posted on here tommorrow showing the guy has formerly been at the fore front of anti corruption or something in nigeria,and known to have done a lot then ill publicly,humbly and gladly eat all my words

to reiterate, both the messenger and the message are one and the same thing
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by NegroNtns(m): 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2009
Thanks Luca! Nice one. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Reese1: 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2009
Okay, what would you call people who act like this then?

In 2007, after getting tired of the lack of water palava, my grandma decides to dig a well in her backyard so we wouldn't have to trek like the Israelites  just to get water to shower every morning.

Now, this decision was made after she did much teeth pulling in the neighborhood; as frustrated as she was; there was no one she didn't call on in her street so they can join forces to try to call someone to do something about the water issue. (Chairman, Rep, councillor, whoever, you name it). In any case, no one living in that same neighborhood with her (and making the same treks every morning to fetch water with those heavy pails on their heads!) wanted to get involved.

The response she got from them was, "leave them (our "elected leaders"wink alone o!!, or "you know they won't help us o!", or "that's how they are o!", or "sha ma wo nti e o"! (just keep looking).

Okay fine, now fast forward to my grandma eventually putting the well in the backyard and she lets any and everyone have access to it. (our backyard was a scene every morning with people coming to fetch water since now, there's someone closer; they didn't have to carry their pails that far anymore to get water. Even when she's not home, she leaves the backyard door open so people can still come fetch water even when there's nobody at home. Great!

Now fast forward to her forgetting to leave the backdoor open one day. Yepa!!!, come see thunder and fire at work!

These same people of this neighborhood that were once jejely making their Israelite treks to get water, not complaining about anything, all of a sudden turned into these belligerent group of people because the poor old lady happened to forget ONE TIME to keep the backyard door unlocked.

There were no words left unsaid, how dare she not leave it open today?! Doesn't she know that a lot of people depend on that well so they can shower?! Doesn't she realize people have work to go to?! These people are so useless!, Blah, blah, blah,

I, of course, was quite amused and disgusted by this. I wondered why these people who were more than satisfied with the condition that was forcefully imposed on them by their "elected leaders" and have been more than satisfied with it for years, after all, no one ever complained outside of their homes; all of a sudden became so vocal about what they felt was their entitlement when one poor old lady forgot to unlock the door one time.

The rate at which they turned on her was so baffling to me; and I just sadly wondered how we are so quickly to turn on each other (even those who are trying their best to help you) but when the people who treat you like dogs come around, they are bowing incessantly doing "yes sir, yes sir', and their mouth goes shut.

Now multiply this incident by millions of neighborhoods in Nigeria. How exactly do you categorize people who act like that?  Heroes? for letting a little old lady have a piece of their minds? 

No one is condemning Nigerians in Nigeria for the suffering, at least I'm not. And I doubt any sane Nigerian would say that they're better than those who are in the country just because they managed to get out.

But you can't help but wonder why we continue to regurgitate the same corrupt group to lead each and every time. Nigerians in Nigeria don't need every Nigerian outside of the country to come back in the country before they know they need to elect the right people in office, do they?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2009
This has to be one of the funniest stories I have read on here. Your Grandma try. We for carry Chakabula send them where dem belong if them come again another day. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Frizy(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2009
Reese1:

In 2007, after getting tired of the lack of water palava, my grandma decides to dig a well in her backyard so we wouldn't have to trek like the Israelites  just to get water to shower every morning.

Now, this decision was made after she did much teeth pulling in the neighborhood; as frustrated as she was; there was no one she didn't call on in her street so they can join forces to try to call someone to do something about the water issue. (Chairman, Rep, councillor, whoever, you name it). In any case, no one living in that same neighborhood with her (and making the same treks every morning to fetch water with those heavy pails on their heads!) wanted to get involved.

The response she got from them was, "leave them (our "elected leaders"wink alone o!!, or "you know they won't help us o!", or "that's how they are o!", or "sha ma wo nti e o"! (just keep looking).

Okay fine, now fast forward to my grandma eventually putting the well in the backyard and she lets any and everyone have access to it. (our backyard was a scene every morning with people coming to fetch water since now, there's someone closer; they didn't have to carry their pails that far anymore to get water. Even when she's not home, she leaves the backyard door open so people can still come fetch water even when there's nobody at home. Great!

Now fast forward to her forgetting to leave the backdoor open one day. Yepa!!!, come see thunder and fire at work!

These same people of this neighborhood that were once jejely making their Israelite treks to get water, not complaining about anything, all of a sudden turned into these belligerent group of people because the poor old lady happened to forget ONE TIME to keep the backyard door unlocked.

There were no words left unsaid, how dare she not leave it open today?! Doesn't she know that a lot of people depend on that well so they can shower?! Doesn't she realize people have work to go to?! These people are so useless!, Blah, blah, blah,

I, of course, was quite amused and disgusted by this. I wondered why these people who were more than satisfied with the condition that was forcefully imposed on them by their "elected leaders" and have been more than satisfied with it for years, after all, no one ever complained outside of their homes; all of a sudden became so vocal about what they felt was their entitlement when one poor old lady forgot to unlock the door one time.

The rate at which they turned on her was so baffling to me; and I just sadly wondered how we are so quickly to turn on each other (even those who are trying their best to help you) but when the people who treat you like dogs come around, they are bowing incessantly doing "yes sir, yes sir', and their mouth goes shut.

Now multiply this incident by millions of neighborhoods in Nigeria. How exactly do you categorize people who act like that?  Heroes? for letting a little old lady have a piece of their minds? 

No one is condemning Nigerians in Nigeria for the suffering, at least I'm not. And I doubt any sane Nigerian would say that they're better than those who are in the country just because they managed to get out.

But you can't help but wonder why we continue to regurgitate the same corrupt group to lead each and every time. Nigerians in Nigeria don't need every Nigerian outside of the country to come back in the country before they know they need to elect the right people in office, do they?

I admire your Grandma, Kudos to the great work! cool. These are the people we need in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JustGood(m): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Reese, you grandma has the kind of attitude we need to move Nigeria forward.
Unfortunately, we displayed the kind of people we are. We are not ready to work and suffer for anything but we want to enjoy the fruits of everything.

Too many people have a bad mentality ingrained in them; not helped by properity preachers who tell them to just give offerings and all their problems will disappear lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by lucabrasi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Thanks Luca! Nice one. cheesy
no worries sir smiley
@reese1
your grandma's conduct and magnanimity is admirable,however im sure she wasnt suprised by the attitudes displayed by these people as that is part and parcel of the nigerian psyche irrespective of anywhere we are in the world,
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by NegroNtns(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2009
Reese,

Allow me to add my commendation for the efforts demonstrated by your grandmother. That's leadership! She should be the one in local government council heading implementation of local infrastructures.

However, our values are a misfit for the society we live in and rather than installing a merit based system that recognizes labour and can-do attitude as the right formation for our development and progress, we wrongly position academic qualification as our top brand for social development. Our thrust into civilization is backward. Well, how many of our academically qualified professionals have gainful jobs? Our priorities are screwed up and you can see elements of that here in NL as well. Pay attention to our interactions in here and you can tell which ones of us would not make strong political leaders if they were running for office but when election comes guess who will be voted in? We are a people that love sensational drama. Except for a few of us that have had the benevolent mercy of God to be awakened to propriety, we are for large part instinctive, not bothering at all to look back and mend the damage we left behind.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by RSA(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2009
Blalah blaaah,blaaah,blaah,bbbbbbllllaaaaaaah,that's all Nigerians do,action?Nooooh.
The writer is right.period.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Gamine(f): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2009
I AM USED TO IT, he said. I tasted bile.

I wanted to slap his brains out, but the immediate realization that he probably didn’t have any brains to begin with, to have made such a comment left me feeling disgusted. My stomach churned.

I wanted to throw up, Used to it? Used to mediocrity, used to living in the mire, used to stolen choices, used to being a 10th class citizen in your own country, which sane person can be used to Nigeria??!!!.

My friend and I had been discussing Nigeria, her past and current situation. We were on the particular topic of power and he goes to say something stupid like, He’s used to it?? I had a rush of emotions, I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry as my mind came back to this article.

Nigerians are indeed cowards, I can clearly see where the problem lies and the writer stated it, For people who are used [/i]to a particular situation where is the zeal for change? Non-existent. I remember a chat with another friend, he said he loved the freedom in Nigeria, no stress on taxes, he could park anywhere on the road, he could drive as fast , he could do almost anything in Nigeria and get away with it, sure I thought when a head of state can loot our treasury in broad daylight and get away with it, what more do you expect from this chaotic mass.

Cowards, yes, to be used to this situation, cowards indeed. I am not used to it, never was, never will be.
A nation owes its citizen these basic things, power, water, food access to quality healthcare which if it fails to provide is a failed state. Just when I thought this joke of a country couldn’t get any funnier they go ahead to provide 24hrs cctv in lagos, I can only applaud the smart businessmen making their kishi

At this point I can say I have no loyalty to this failed country, I am loyal to my tribe, we just happened to be passing through when we got hedged into this country. I will not sit in this country and let those who govern rob me blind and condemn me to a mediocre life,

I could go on and on but Nigerians know what the problem is, themselves! Their top priority is Make money, regardless, so who really cares whether [i]Nepa takes light
, abeg we are used to it, i will put on my gen Some say, what will they do, protest? they say democracy is not ripe enough for that. they say, running abroad doesnt solve the problem, so what are those here doing?? Nothing. Abroad looks fantastic right now

I heard someone prophesied that there wont be constant power supply till 2017, that’s not too far, I will still be in my twenties, maybe I would come back to Nigeria then, For now…

with all the calm I could muster, I replied my friend

COWARD!
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by JJYOU: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2009
Reese1:

In 2007, after getting tired of the lack of water palava, my grandma decides to dig a well in her backyard so we wouldn't have to trek like the Israelites just to get water to shower every morning.

Now multiply this incident by millions of neighborhoods in Nigeria. How exactly do you categorize people who act like that? Heroes? for letting a little old lady have a piece of their minds?

that is nigerians for you. check the solar energy thread where i told my story last year.
we had bore hole taps for people in the area only to be accused of spoiling business for people who sell water. we gave light to neighbours who didnt think it necessary to ask permission to extend the services to others. we live in a society where doing good can easily be turned against you. that is why most people dont bother.

doing good and helping others is still the best. we are blessed to be a blessing to others. dont be tired of doing good even though people talk nonsense and rubish and dont appreciate
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by oderemo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2009
doing good, for what . those you r trying hard to helep r same people to quickly turn against you.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2009
Gamine:

I AM USED TO IT, he said. I tasted bile.

I wanted to slap his brains out, but the immediate realization that he probably didn’t have any brains to begin with, to have made such a comment left me feeling disgusted. My stomach churned.

I wanted to throw up, Used to it? Used to mediocrity, used to living in the mire, used to stolen choices, used to being a 10th class citizen in your own country, which sane person can be used to Nigeria??!!!.

My friend and I had been discussing Nigeria, her past and current situation. We were on the particular topic of power and he goes to say something stupid like, He’s used to it?? I had a rush of emotions, I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry as my mind came back to this article.

Nigerians are indeed cowards, I can clearly see where the problem lies and the writer stated it, For people who are used [/i]to a particular situation where is the zeal for change? Non-existent. I remember a chat with another friend, he said he loved the freedom in Nigeria, no stress on taxes, he could park anywhere on the road, he could drive as fast , he could do almost anything in Nigeria and get away with it, sure I thought when a head of state can loot our treasury in broad daylight and get away with it, what more do you expect from this chaotic mass.

Cowards, yes, to be used to this situation, cowards indeed. I am not used to it, never was, never will be.
A nation owes its citizen these basic things, power, water, food access to quality healthcare which if it fails to provide is a failed state. Just when I thought this joke of a country couldn’t get any funnier they go ahead to provide 24hrs cctv in lagos, I can only applaud the smart businessmen making their kishi

At this point I can say I have no loyalty to this failed country, I am loyal to my tribe, we just happened to be passing through when we got hedged into this country. I will not sit in this country and let those who govern rob me blind and condemn me to a mediocre life,

I could go on and on but Nigerians know what the problem is, themselves! Their top priority is Make money, regardless, so who really cares whether [i]Nepa takes light
, abeg we are used to it, i will put on my gen Some say, what will they do, protest? they say democracy is not ripe enough for that. they say, running abroad doesnt solve the problem, so what are those here doing?? Nothing. Abroad looks fantastic right now

I heard someone prophesied that there wont be constant power supply till 2017, that’s not too far, I will still be in my twenties, maybe I would come back to Nigeria then, For now…

with all the calm I could muster, I replied my friend

COWARD!

Another thought provoking journal from a young nigerian girl who've been around.

@Gamine

I knew your eyes were going to open soon. tongue Na the relocation cause am?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Jan 25, 2009
Gamine don relocate?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 25, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Gamine don relocate?

Read this. . . .

Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Naijex: 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2009
@Nuzo Happy new year cool
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2009
Naijex:

@Nuzo Happy new year cool

Same to you my brother. From which angle you dey holla me from?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by fayahsoul: 11:05pm On May 13, 2009
Are nigerians cowards?

The answer lies in the very framing of the question itself.

The predicate(cowards) is contained in the subject(nigerians). That is, the only reason nigeria exists is because nigerians are cowards. To identify oneself as a nigerian is an explicit display of cowardice. How was nigeria formed? by whom? for whom? for what purpose? who is a nigerian and what does it mean to be a nigerian?

Nigeria is a foreign self-seeking entity that has occupied the sovereign space of the indigenes without their mass consent. So if an indigene, of normal mind and body, is fully aware of the activities and historical founding of this criminal corporation but yet chooses to identify and participate in the game out of fear for change or the brutal repression of oppositon, then that is plain cowardice.

And contrary to what some may think, being complacent to the inadequacies of a supposed "government" that kicks the asses of the masses from sun up to sun up and keeping a smile on the face amidst of it all is not bravery but cowardice. Due to cowardice, the ordinary complacent anti-revolutionary nigerian dies a thousand deaths in one life time yet loses their life but the revolutionary confronts his prime adversaries with deadly accuracy and if comrades die in battle, they die only once yet preserve thier life.(luke 17:33)

Remember, courage is not the absence of fear rather it's the will to act in the presence of fear. A bloodless revolution is a conceptual fallacy and cowards aren't prepared to bleed for change; they only fuss for all the wrong reasons.

You guyz don't get it. Nigeria cannot be reformed!

It was founded on corruption, it's sustained by corruption and will remain corrupt until it's completely dismantled and a grassroots alternative put in place.

So you either join the movement towards confederacy or you just shut the F**k up and be a bloody nigerian that you choose to be. QED!

Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by asha80(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2009
fayahsoul:

Are nigerians cowards?

The answer lies in the very framing of the question itself.

The predicate(cowards) is contained in the subject(nigerians). That is, the only reason nigeria exists is because nigerians are cowards. To identify oneself as a nigerian is an explicit display of cowardice. How was nigeria formed? by whom? for whom? for what purpose? who is a nigerian and what does it mean to be a nigerian?

Nigeria is a foreign self-seeking entity that has occupied the sovereign space of the indigenes without their mass consent. So if an indigene, of normal mind and body, is fully aware of the activities and historical founding of this criminal corporation but yet chooses to identify and participate in the game out of fear for change or the brutal repression of oppositon, then that is plain cowardice.

And contrary to what some may think, being complacent to the inadequacies of a supposed "government" that kicks the asses of the masses from sun up to sun up and keeping a smile on the face amidst of it all is not bravery but cowardice. Due to cowardice, the ordinary complacent anti-revolutionary nigerian dies a thousand deaths in one life time yet loses their life but the revolutionary confronts his prime adversaries with deadly accuracy and if comrades die in battle, they die only once yet preserve thier life.(luke 17:33)

Remember, courage is not the absence of fear rather it's the will to act in the presence of fear. A bloodless revolution is a conceptual fallacy and cowards aren't prepared to bleed for change; they only fuss for all the wrong reasons.

You guyz don't get it. Nigeria cannot be reformed!

It was founded on corruption, it's sustained by corruption and will remain corrupt until it's completely dismantled and a grassroots alternative put in place.

So you either join the movement towards confederacy or you just shut the F**k up and be a bloody nigerian that you choose to be. QED!

Alakabum wey the agwo now grin.Nice post.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by ikeyman00(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2009
^^^^
me dnt agree with that and the whole world will never

just because some black pp [b]nigerians[/b]l chise to behave like monkies shouldnt imply our predicament we as nigerians are livin

the question that still remind is how cant we get on as people

nigeria isnt the only diverse country on the globe

and back to base, what is wrong with 200 tribe in naija that

there must be some common ground, but will the hausa for eg agree to that
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by fayahsoul: 1:18am On May 14, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^
me dnt agree with that and the whole world will never

just because some black pp [b]nigerians[/b]l chise to behave like monkies shouldnt imply our predicament we as nigerians are livin

the question that still remind is how cant we get on as people

nigeria isnt the only diverse country on the globe

and back to base, what is wrong with 200 tribe in naija that

there must be some common ground, but will the hausa for eg agree to that

This brother with username 'Ifele' has already answered your question. Study his post below:
You see the problem with black folks in Nigeria is that they believe that a special Messiah will do everything for them.

The Special Messiah will save us from corrupt leaders and oppressors without our lifting a finger.

Another problem is fear. Nigerian are psychologically indoctrinated by schools and society to fear violence and not to take risks that will lead to violent reactions from other players. This indoctrination is usually sublime but started at a young age so that it is well ingrained in the behaviour.

Example: Repeating the national anthem every morning in school and attaching a prayer to God in it. You Nigerians are very religious and the anthem itself indoctrinates the student making them beleive that Nigerian leaders are servants of God and that they are God's reps on earth. The truth is that they are the agents of misery and hopelessness of the society.

Nationalism and religious fervor mix very well. In the end the students will grow up disillusioned and find their own paths. Some wont even believe that God is good when they have been praying to God to guide the leaders right when the leaders have been doing wrong and sucking their blood. They will even confess that God is bad. I have heard this first hand.

So beware to propaganda and indoctrination. Protect your childrens minds.

In addition, nigeria was/is a forced contraption that was set up to fail right from start. A failed state is a necessary precondition for the indefinite sustenance of a british contrived economy of extraction. A foreign contrivance that's promoted and protected by a local cabal with members from all persuasions and ethnicities but one interest: material aggrandizement by any means necessary.

Lastly, Black afurakans are the original beings, the first borns of Chukwu, the God elects with royal crowns(woolly hair). We must not compare ourselves, or allow others compare us, to other races of mutanoids. We have a unique enigmatic history and an unparalleled formidable internal /external obstacle to progress
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by savanaha: 1:21am On May 14, 2009
fayahsoul:

I[b]n addition, nigeria was/is a forced contraption that was set up to fail right from start. A failed state is a necessary precondition for the indefinite sustenance of a british contrived economy of extraction. A foreign contrivance that's promoted and protected by a local cabal with members from all persuasions but one interest: material aggrandizement by any means necessary.
[/b]
Lastly, Black afurakans are the original beings, the first borns of Chukwu, the God elects with royal crowns(woolly hair). We must not compare ourselves, or allow others compare us, to other races of mutanoids. We have a unique enigmatic history and an unparalleled formidable internal /external obstacle to progress[/color].[/size]

I love the bolded. It is sad that many people still don't believe or understand that countries like Nigeria were contrived to fail especially after independence. Read the Poison Wood Bible.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by fayahsoul: 1:31am On May 14, 2009
savanaha:

I love the bolded. It is sad that many people still don't believe or understand that countries like Nigeria were contrived to fail especially after independence. Read the Poison Wood Bible.

OMG. . .How is the Goddess doing this blessed day?
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by savanaha: 1:44am On May 14, 2009
fayahsoul:

OMG. . .How is the Goddess doing this blessed day?

Am well!! How are you?

I have had conversations with many people about this but I realize that people, especially Nigerians grown in England have the mentality that Nigeria would be better if the white man ruled. Its sad that they have made us hate ourselves to this extent.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by biina: 2:12am On May 14, 2009
I wouldn't call Nigerians cowards, but I do feel the average Nigerian is selfish, a trait that bars self sacrifice for the good of the general populace.

I agree with luca, that anyone, that cannot provide evidence of his/her own bravery, has no moral right to call Nigerians cowards.
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by fayahsoul: 4:41am On May 14, 2009
savanaha:

Am well!! How are you?

I have had conversations with many people about this but I realize that people, especially Nigerians grown in England have the mentality that Nigeria would be better if the white man ruled. Its sad that they have made us hate ourselves to this extent.

My empress i dey kampe.

I will pm u
Re: Nigerians Are Born Cowards! by AjanleKoko: 11:28pm On May 14, 2009
Amusing sentiments, borne out of varying degrees of frustration. Against what I don't know. Some people are citizens of Somalia, the Sudan, North Korea, and Zimbabwe.

Fine, Nigerians living in Nigeria might just be cowards, all 150 million of us. But. . .what are Nigerians living abroad?

[size=16pt]Heroes?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibadan Flood: Houses To Be Demolished In 7 Days - Gov. Ajimobi / Pure Water Is Now 20 Naira / Check Out This Beautiful Pictures Of Nigeria First Lady With Michelle Obama.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.