Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,641 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? (36163 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Maybe its your perception of me that make you see my view point as master and slave, I definitely don't want a dummy as wife, neither will I ever marry your so called 'independent' wife. My wife must be dependent on me, not necessarily thing as I think, but her thinking must be convergent with mine. Every man wants a sense of ownership, a sense of possesiveness. That's all I ask for and that is what and who MY wife must be.

P.S. Why do women tag financial oppulence as 'independence'? How do they correlate?
j

Because money in most cases is EVERYTHING

I was referring to independence in all aspects of her life

That is how you sound when you talk about women

I know what you want

You want a slave

You can't have it both ways

It is either she is a dummy or she is not

You believe we are created to make you feel special

Like I mentioned, I have met men like you

I know how you think

About traditional roles, Are you a Yoruba man?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:
j

Because money in most cases is EVERYTHING

I was referring to independence in all aspects of her life

That is how you sound when you talk about women

I know what you want

You want a slave

You can't have it both ways

It is either she is a dummy or she is not

You believe we are created to make you feel special

Like I mentioned, I have met men like you

I know how you think

About traditional roles, Are you a Yoruba man?

Yes
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by whytepawn1(m): 12:27am On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

1. Men are Sexists and Chauvinistic in nature

Most men are sexists and chauvinistic in nature therefore making them selfish and loathe independent women. They make denigrating remarks about women and you don't expect a serious, logical and virtuous woman to remain with such a rètarded being.
Women in other hand, are peace loving and cool but their anti-feminism husband keeps antagonising them and they don't have an option but divorce him.

undecided
your argument doesn't hold water. are you a marriage councillor or therapist ,if no then I think you haven't got enough justification to make such a comment. besides the fault could come from either of the two people in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Maybe its your perception of me that make you see my view point as master and slave, I definitely don't want a dummy as wife, neither will I ever marry your so called 'independent' wife. My wife must be dependent on me, not necessarily think as I think, but her thinking must be convergent with mine. Every man wants a sense of ownership, a sense of possesiveness. That's all I ask for and that is what and who MY wife must be.

P.S. Why do women tag financial oppulence as 'independence'? How do they correlate?

This is the type of woman you want

The one who wouldn't dare to walk out on you

With any disagreement, you expect her to be the first to apologise

You can bloody well ask her not to speak to her parents

You can even seize her phone and she dare not complain

If you both disagree, whether you are right or not- You expect her to go along with you

Your meals must always be on time

You don't mind asking her to touch her toes while you flog her

She can't be tired to have sex, her job is to satisfy every of your needs

She is just a mere human

A tool for your own satisfaction

Her mere existence to please every of your needs and wants

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2015
wink
Misogynist2014:
Yes

You don miss road niyen

Go back and read about the female roles in Yoruba

They were submissive a little more than what is obtainable today

But when comes to being insolent and damning men

They would easily have a distinction

It did not make them bad mothers

Which is the most important thing
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

This is the type of woman you want

The one who wouldn't dare to walk out on you

With any disagreement, you expect her to be the first to apologise

You can bloody well ask her not to speak to her parents

You can even seize her phone and she dare not complain

If you both disagree, whether you are right or not- You expect her to go along with you

Your meals must always be on time

You don't mind asking her to touch her toes while you flog her

She can't be tired to have sex, her job is to satisfy every of your needs

She is just a mere human

A tool for your own satisfaction

Her mere existence to please every of your needs and wants

You are writing things out of your own emotions, not mine. The more you continue, the more off-point you go. All I want is a woman that accepts me as her head and herself as my helper. Very simple.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:37am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:
wink

You don miss road niyen

Go back and read about the female roles in Yoruba

They were submissive a little more than what is obtainable today

But when comes to being insolent and damning men

They would easily have a distinction

It did not make them bad mothers

Which is the most important thing
No, the most important thing is that they were humble and endurant, even when a lot of them could easily afford divorce. They knew their role.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You are writing things out of your own emotions, not mine. The lmore you continue, the more off-point you go. All I want is a woman that accepts me as her head and herself as my helper. Very simple.

Yeah, Lets use the stereotype

I do emotion

And I don't do emotion

You definitely do not want to see that part of me

So please don' use that stereotype on me at all

I have read through more than 90% of your posts on Nairaland

And your dp?

Who are you kidding

You think that is not what you want

Yet you also think all that I have listed out can be justified

Is it not you

I know you

You are not my first Misogynist

And certainly you won't be my last

That is what you will keep saying until it happens

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
No, the most important thing is that they were humble and endurant, even when a lot of them could easily afford divorce. They knew their role.

Can you see how you keep fooling yourself

I know plenty old Yoruba women who had more than two husbands

You know in Ibadan

It was common practice for a woman to leave her husband and move in with their neighbour

She may even decide to leave the neighbour and move to the next neghbour

She wouldn't even fail to have children fro each of them

By the time she is really old and the first husband dies

She would move back to his house to mourn him

Or they may decide to start living together again

Would you like examples from other part of the Yoruba states

Have you heard of the tale between Sango and Ogun

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

Yeah, Lets use the stereotype

I do emotion

And I don't do emotion

You definitely do not want to see that part of me

So please don' use that stereotype on me at all

I have read through more than 90% of your posts on Nairaland

And your dp?

Who are you kidding

You think that is not what you want

Yet you also think all that I have listed out can be justified

Is it not you

I know you

You are not my first Misogynist

And certainly you won't be my last

That is what you will keep saying until it happens

Truth be told, women of nowadays can breed hatred, but if our forefathers treated our mothers well and allowed them to air their opinion and have a career, why shouldn't I?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:47am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

Can you see how you keep fooling yourself

I know plenty old Yoruba women who had more than two husbands

You know in Ibadan

It was common practice for a woman to leave her husband and move in with their neighbour

She may even decide to leave the neighbour and move to the next neghbour

She wouldn't even fail to have children fro each of them

By the time she is really old and the first husband dies

She would move back to his house to mourn him

Or they may decide to start living together again

Would you like examples from other part of the Yoruba states

Have you heard of the tale between Sango and Ogun

Gist me grin
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Truth be told, women of nowadays can breed hatred, but if our forefathers treated our mothers well and allowed them to air their opinion and have a career, why shouldn't I?

The way some men treat their spouses today can't be compared to how our forefathers treated them

Some women nowadays can not even leave and when they decide to leave, they end up losing their children

Whereas in that era most could leave whether their parents agreed to it or not

They had less domestic work, you cannot compare what they had to do with what we have to do

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by ScaryLolu: 12:49am On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

Most men are sexists and chauvinistic in nature therefore making them selfish and loathe independent women. They make denigrating remarks about women and you don't expect a serious, logical and virtuous woman to remain with such a rètarded being.
Women in other hand, are peace loving and cool but their anti-feminism husband keeps antagonising them and they don't have an option but divorce him.
You personal text says you a feminist, well Goodluck with that, lets see where it leads you to in your marriage.
undecided
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Gist me grin

You need to know your history

I won't be the one to narrate it to you
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

The way some men treat their spouses today can't be compared to how our forefathers treated them

Some women nowadays can not even leave and when they decide to leave, they end up losing their children

Whereas in that era most could leave whether their parents agreed to it or not

They had less domestic work, you cannot compare what they had to do with what we have to do

Polygamy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

You need to know your history

I won't be the one to narrate it to you

Then it is right to say the coming of the west is of disadvantage to women, even considering the huge worth placed on their body, all of which has been lost.
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Cmanforall: 12:57am On Mar 21, 2015
kay29000:
I have noticed that, in recent times, most marriages break up within 5 years. I have been the best man at two weddings in the last 4 years, and those couples are no longer together. Even some of my family members that got married in the last 10 years are no longer together.

Why is the case of divorce and separation so high these days. And if it is not divorce or separation, you read on Nairaland every day how one wife burnt the husband or cut off his manhood, or how a husband beat his wife to death.

Why is this so rampant these days?

-Less time for courtship...(Check those that started dating in Uni n ended up being married, you never hear of divorce)

-Not mature enough mentally & otherwise before marriage....

-Misunderstanding/incompatibility

-Finance

-Arranged marriage

-Marriage based mainly on parental satisfaction/wealth...

-Involving 3rd party in marriage

#my1kobo
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Polygamy

Even with polygamy

If they feared their husband so much

They wouldn't pour sand or salt in his soup #rivalry#

My greatgrandmother was an Ijebu woman

She married her husband, also an Ijebu

She was the 2nd wife

According to my mum, he married her because the first wife was mean

She was devil reicarnate

Sometimes when she is angry

She wouldn't serve him his food

Did it changed when he married my greatgrqndmother

It did but then sometimes she had to travel Oyo on foot to buy her goods

Who cooked for him while she was away tongue

She died before the first wife

And even at that old age

It did not change anything- she will share her food when she feels like it

Most of these men get punished for their mistakes while they were young

The women that endured it made sure they paid them back when they were helpless

This is not just mere words o

You carry out the research yourself

I laugh when people say women are more insolent

No, they are not

They simply could't wait like their mothers did

Even most loving Mummy and Daddy relationships you see nowadays

Try to observe and live with them for a couple of days and see how the man is being treated

You go fear
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Then it is right to say the coming of the west is of disadvantage to women, even considering the huge worth placed on their body, all of which has been lost.

Yep

Well, at least to me

I would have loved to have that freedom of moving from one man's house to another tongue tongue

I reject it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Cmanforall: 1:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

undecided

Smh...
I've known you to be making reasonable comments, but definitely, Not This!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Emirofsambisa1: 1:12am On Mar 21, 2015
Seriously, I blame GEJ
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:16am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

Even with polygamy

If they feared their husband so much

They wouldn't pour sand or salt in his soup #rivalry#

My greatgrandmother was an Ijebu woman

She married her husband, also an Ijebu

She was the 2nd wife

According to my mum, he married her because the first wife was mean

She was devil reicarnate

Sometimes when she is angry

She wouldn't serve him his food

Did it changed when he married my greatgrqndmother

It did but then sometimes she had to travel Oyo on foot to buy her goods

Who cooked for him while she was away tongue

She died before the first wife

And even at that old age

It did not change anything- she will share her food when she feels like it

Most of these men get punished for their mistakes while they were young

The women that endured it made sure they paid them back when they were helpless

This is not just mere words o

You carry out the research yourself

I laugh when people say women are more insolent

No, they are not

They simply could't wait like their mothers did

Even most loving Mummy and Daddy relationships you see nowadays

Try to observe and live with them for a couple of days and see how the man is being treated

You go fear

I must say your mind games was working(not now) , because you painted a side of the story that nollywood have left behind or try not to portray with ancient times or we young generation think they were perfect, but we can't remove the fact that submission was not choice but necessity. They show this by kneeling down to serve food and using captivating words like 'olowo orimi' (my owner) grin We just can't ignore the thrills. Bye to the good times of yesteryears. cry
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:19am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

Yep

Well, at least to me

I would have loved to have that freedom of moving from one man's house to another tongue tongue

I reject it
Women have lost a lot of dignity. Do you agree? Did you read Eegun alare?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Women have lost a lot of dignity. Do you agree? Did you read Eegun alare?

I read Eegun Alare

I can't remember

Would you care to summarise or just point out something to jog my memory

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I must say your mind games was working(not now) , because you painted a side of the story that nollywood have left behind or try not to portray with ancient times or we young generation think they were perfect, but we can't remove the fact that submission was not choice but necessity. They show this by kneeling down to serve food and using captivating words like 'olowo orimi' (my owner) grin We just can't ignore the thrills. Bye to the good times of yesteryears. cry

I never said they did not submit

You need to go out there and observe what is really happening and what happened

Because I have tales and I have witnessed some myself
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

I read Eegun Alare

I can't remember

Would you care to summarise or just point out something to jog my memory
Do you remember when Ije Laarinaka's father saw his son's wife? What went through his mind? What exactly was he seeking to do with his son's wife?
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Do you remember when Ije Laarinaka's father saw his son's wife? What went through his mind? What exactly was he seeking to do with his son's wife?

I am so ashamed of myself right now

I don't remember cry

I remember that name though
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:27am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

I never said they did not submit

You need to go out there and observe what is really happening and what happened

Because I have tales and I have witnessed some myself
Are you saying women are being oppressed by their spouses more than ever before?
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

I am so ashamed of myself right now

I don't remember cry

I remember that name though

When he saw her, he said, Look at this yellow lady. After that, what came to his mind was how he could acquire her for a wife. I think that is a lot of respect, considering the fact that women are seen for sexual pleasure these days, thanks to the west.
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Are you saying women are being oppressed by their spouses more than ever before?

I think men have failed to adapt

Women ave taken more roles that were no there in those days

They have to work and yet they are also expected to do everything in the house

They may not earn more but they worked as hard all the same

To me I believe if the family setting can be changed to what we had in those days that is family members living all around you

Either in the same compound or on the same street

It would reduce the stress on the woman and she wouldn't need to ask her husband to mop up the living room because she is tiredtongue

Till then, The modern woman is doing more than her ancestors had to do

Therefore do not expect her to behave exactly like they had done

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
When he saw her, he said, Look at this yellow lady. After that, what came to his mind was how he could acquire her for a wife. I think that is a lot of respect, considering the fact that women are seen for sexual pleasure these days, thanks to the west.

I can't remember

Yeah, that is quite honourable of him

He is not going to use and dump her like a piece of shit
Re: Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Justfollowit:

I think men have failed to adapt

Women ave taken more roles that were no there in those days

They have to work and yet they are also expected to do everything in the house

They may not earn more but they worked as hard all the same

To me I believe if the family setting can be changed to what we had in those days that is family members living all around you

Either in the same compound or on the same street

It would reduce the stress on the woman and she wouldn't need to ask her husband to mop up the living room because she is tiredtongue

Till then, The modern woman is doing more than her ancestors had to do

Therefore do not expect her to behave exactly like they had done

You are right. Maybe second wife, maid(might be daily, which comes in evenin, bringing family members to live with you or being full housewife till the children come of age can help cos some duties aren't befitting for the male ego(except you are the meek type) as quarrels (marriage breaking) will surely emanate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos From Wedding Ceremony Of Delta Man And His Two Pregnant Brides / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.