Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? (2323 Views)

You Are A Bad Boy/girl If You Did Any Of These Back Then In Secondary School / The Reply A Girl Got After Asking A Guy For Airtime On Facebook / I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Let us not lie abt this, a good number of guys hav asked girls to be dr girlfrnds through whatsapp or facebook or bbm even nairaland sef. Also a good number of girls hav said yes through dese social media. Am not condemnin in buh ur opinions abt it wether its good or not good will either condemn it or approve it.
Second issue, do rships whch started out thru textin ( being asked out thru social media) last? If yu think no, gv us ur reasons.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by BankManager(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Waste of time...
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by djeezy(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
What matters is that their is offer and their is acceptance.

1 Like

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by falconey(m): 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
I got my GF through our school FB page...... We chatted for long before we met she was a fresher then, so far we have been doing great

To me hell YEAH!
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by ronald4lif(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
It's not wrong to kick off a relationship with someone one met online, but they should have some reservations and be careful on how they get engrossed deep into the relationship until they meet each other. Their getting to meet themselves it's very essential in determining if the relationship should move on or have a re-consideration on their individual stance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
You bank online.

You shop online.

You order food online.

You buy cars online

You make hotel and airline reservations online.

You work online.

You school online.

You meet people online.

And you say don't start a relationship online?

Let's always keep it real. The people you meet online on social media, are the same people you meet when you're offline and going about your daily affairs. As with every other form of dating, a lot of work is put into online dating. No form of dating is guaranteed to last. It all depends on the individuals involved, and the expectations they had of themselves, and of the relationship. . . The effort they put in to see each other regularly as their schedule permits, the effort put into communicating with each other, the effort made to remain loyal and true to the one you have chosen to date. That you met online does not subjugate the relevance of the relationship or what you mean to each other, dammit.

It's not wrong. If you decide it's not for you, you have your reasons. But it's easier to start a relationship online these days, than offline. No one will condemn your decision not to try dating online. It'll be a show of immense stupidity for anyone to condemn online dating, and those who choose to start a relationship online.

This is 2015, _bitches. The world is evolving in every aspect of life. With technology, a lot of things not possible in yester years, are now being made readily available. So it's time for you to wake up and smell the damn coffee. . . The train is about to leave the fvcking station!

6 Likes

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by justmag(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
It's not about right or wrong. It's risky. Strange things happen online.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
You bank online.

You shop online.

You order food online.

You buy cars online

You work online.

You school online.

You meet people online.

Let's always keep it real. The people you meet online on social media, are the same people you meet when you're offline and going about your daily affairs. As with every other form of dating, a lot of work is put into online dating. No form of dating is guaranteed to last. It all depends on the individuals involved, and the expectations they had of themselves, and of the relationship. . .

It's not wrong. If you decide it's not for you, you have your reasons. But it's easier to start a relationship online these days, than offline. No one will condemn your decision not to try dating online. It'll be a show of immense stupidity for anyone to condemn online dating, and those who choose to start a relationship online.

This is 2015, _bitches. The world is evolving in every aspect of life. With technology, a lot of things not possible in yester years, are now being made readily available. So it's time for you to wake up and smell the damn coffee. . . The train is about to leave the fvcking station!

All this long story, cause say you one justify one girl wey you one set trap 4 for nairaland.

When teacher talk now, say make you write 100 ward essey, you go begin dey scratch ur head.

2 Likes

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by chimerase2: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
Waste of time
Waste of resource
And is very very wrong
It has sooooo many disadvantages
Wen der re beautiful gals who u see life veri day I mean wat dn do u need a gal whose profile pix is black and white undecided
So dat re colour re very few vn u dnt knw weda dey re truely females behind d monicker

1 Like

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by englishmart(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
not a good idea
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
GhostProtocol:

All this long story, cause say you one justify one girl wey you one set trap 4 for nairaland.

When teacher talk now, say make you write 100 ward essey, you go begin dey scratch ur head.
That was me being unbiased. If I decide to start a relationship online via facebook, nairaland, twitter, of what business of yours it is, or what relevance does it bring to your life?

1 Like

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
chimerase2:
Waste of time
Waste of resource
And is very very wrong
It has sooooo many disadvantages
Wen der re beautiful gals who u see life veri day I mean wat dn do u need a gal whose profile pix is black and white undecided
So dat re colour re very few vn u dnt knw weda dey re truely females behind d monicker
Opinions like these leave my mouth agape.

Is the "social media" restricted to nairaland?

What of BBM, what of Whatsapp, what of skype?

Are they multimedia?

1 Like

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by chimerase2: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
Opinions like these leave my mouth agape.

Is the "social media" restricted to nairaland?

What of BBM, what of Whatsapp, what of skype?

Are they multimedia?
I only talked abt nairaland, thank u
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
That was me being unbiased. If I decide to start a relationship online via facebook, nairaland, twitter, of what business of yours it is, or what relevance does it bring to your life?

I tink u shld go for nnekka, Igbo girls have big yansh, not sur about nairaland yansh though, u know, butt padding tinz...
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
chimerase2:
I only talked abt nairaland, thank u
The thread is not focusing on Nairaland alone.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
GhostProtocol:

I tink u shld go for nnekka, Igbo girls have big yansh, not sur about nairaland yansh though, u know, butt padding tinz...
Ok, I'll think about it, and I'll update you.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by chimerase2: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
The thread is not focusing on Nairaland alone.
but is not a must u include all social network, amu on nairaland so I chose to speak abt nairaland undecided
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by LewisO: 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
No big deal, very right! wink

1 Like

Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Ezibless: 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
You bank online.

You shop online.

You order food online.

You buy cars online

You work online.

You school online.

You meet people online.

Let's always keep it real. The people you meet online on social media, are the same people you meet when you're offline and going about your daily affairs. As with every other form of dating, a lot of work is put into online dating. No form of dating is guaranteed to last. It all depends on the individuals involved, and the expectations they had of themselves, and of the relationship. . . The effort they put in to see each other regularly as their schedule permits, the effort put into communicating with each other, the effort made to remain loyal and true to the one you have chosen to date. That you met online does not subjugate the relevance of the relationship or what you mean to each other, dammit.

OK
Someone just changed my perspective!grin
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by jmoore(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
The online community is part of the society in this century.

We are not in the stone age.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ezibless:

OK
I always do. . .
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
I was here !

Jes passing.....

Hola mi amigos.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ezibless:

OK
so wts ur perspectiv
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by cokacoola(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Let us not lie abt this, a good number of guys hav asked girls to be dr girlfrnds through whatsapp or facebook or bbm even nairaland sef. Also a good number of girls hav said yes through dese social media. Am not condemnin in buh ur opinions abt it wether its good or not good will either condemn it or approve it.
Second issue, do rships whch started out thru textin ( being asked out thru social media) last? If yu think no, gv us ur reasons.
your these boys, domt your has a lives outsides internets Alway crasting a thriad topick in how we wille halp him toast garls in 2go, nairilaind or whatsup or facebooksad
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Ezibless: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
I always do. . .
For your mind now abi

tongue
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Ezibless: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
Cutehector:
so wts ur perspectiv

Didn't like the idea of it AT ALLangry
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ezibless:

Didn't like the idea of it AT ALLangry
PING
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by defendedvictim(m): 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
So many people, especially ladies, see it as a sign of disrespect. They'd be like 'why can't he meet me personally and ask me out'. To me though, I am not against it neither am I all for it. D situation one finds himself myt determine whether or not a guy wil ask a girl out buh if d girl doesn't stay too far away or is someone I can see soon enuf, it wil be nice if I arranged for a meeting n tell her my mind face-to-face. Dats much more courageous init?
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by ivyT(f): 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
BankManager:
Waste of time...

That's ur opinion
But to me,it could happen,with a degree of maturity
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by ivyT(f): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
justmag:
It's not about right or wrong. It's risky. Strange things happen online.

Yea,strange things,but dats just an exception
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by justmag(m): 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
ivyT:

Yea,strange things,but dats just an exception

I guess but as for me...if I can't feel her, see her and understand her then she is non existent to me.
Re: Asking A Boy/girl Out On Social Media, Right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
ivyT:

That's ur opinion
But to me,it could happen,with a degree of maturity
I luv it wen ladies lyk u r bein realistic. I feel lyk buyn u a drink ryt now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? / Something Is Definitely Not Right Here... / Comment If You Are Still Awake And Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.