Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? (2309 Views)

Ladies! Before You Curse Your Abroad Based Guy For Dumping You / Taiwo, Guy Accused Of Dumping Girlfriend & Marrying Secretly, Replies / Guys: She Drops This After Cheating & Breaking Up With You Will You Accept It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Krystalzkris(f): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have witnessed a lot of scenario where people complain about their lovers dumping them... I have been wondering too,is dumping a lover different from breaking up with em?....
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
Yes
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by meimoks(f): 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Breaking up is honourable style of dumping grin
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Princecalm(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
once you dump someone, there is only 2.1percent chance of going back to that person, take the case of your refuse as an example
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dumping basically involves a situation where a partner leaves the other partner without prior notice or display of intention preceding the action.

While breaking up may involve a mutual decision between partners to part ways.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by octopusfreaky(f): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
how can u dump someone ,,,sounds trashy and inhumane ,, break up is the right word....

1 Like

Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by dulux07(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
D word dump is mostly used by ladies when their bf breaks up with them, she blivs he has used her( via sex)
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by meek2stylee(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
i think dia are little difference btw d two;; dumping has to do with one of d ppl leaving d other without any prior notice while d later is a gradual process
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ohh Ok
Niklausa:
Dumping basically involves a case where a partner leaves the other partner without forward notice or display of intention preceding the action.

While breaking up may involve a mutual decision between partners to part ways.

Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sassybae:
Ohh Ok

What do you mean by 'ohh ok'?
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Maybe I gained something from your comment
Niklausa:

What do you mean by 'ohh ok'?
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sassybae:
Maybe I gained something from your comment

Hmm, okay.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
What is hmm
Niklausa:

Hmm, okay.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Krystalzkris(f): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
dulux07:
D word dump is mostly used by ladies when their bf breaks up with them, she blivs he has used her( via sex)
av also heard of guys who complain of their gf dumping dem,does ur explanation also apply in that case?
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sassybae:
What is hmm

You are giving me a taste of my own medicine, abi? grin

Okay, hmmm means that I am surprised at what you wrote.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
And another hmmm ok oo
Niklausa:

You are giving me a taste of my own medicine, abi? grin

Okay, hmmm means that I am surprised at what you wrote.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by dulux07(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
Krystalzkris:
av also heard of guys who complain of their gf dumping dem,does ur explanation also apply in that case?
That was i said its MOSTLY USED by ladies, not only used by ladies i.e guys also used d word.
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by Krystalzkris(f): 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
dulux07:

That was i said its MOSTLY USED by ladies, not only used by ladies i.e guys also used d word.
oook
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by killsmith(f): 12:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Dumping And Breaking Up.. Is There Any Difference? by yemstok(m): 4:48am On Jul 25, 2015
Many people use the terms interchangably. To me however, there is a difference.
When you 'dump' someone it's abrupt. Like dumping water out of a bucket. "I don't want to date you anymore, it's over" and that's that.

Breaking up is less abrupt, and hopefully contains some compassion and some level of explanation."I appreciate your feelings but we're just not a good match. We need to go our separate ways romantically" and then maybe some discussion will occur.

Dumping shouldn't occur in general...unless the relationship is abusive and the party ending it needs to just get out and get gone. People who don't know how to 'break up' with someone properly, have no business dating.

(1) (Reply)

“how Can You Tell Your Partner They’re Not Satisfying You In Bed without P?” / Ladies, What Is So Hard In Admitting Your Fear Of Rejection? / What Will Happen Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.