Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview (21612 Views)

Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Boko Haram "Pushed Out In A Month" - Goodluck Jonathan BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Canme4u(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
ur father there...

1 Like

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by san316(m): 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
1stCitizen:

If you you ask him, his answer will be ......." I don't know"

This is the kind of response that made my mom to be slapping my grown up brother some years back. if u ask him anything, his answer will b I don't know. sooi annoying.

1 Like

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by BlueMagic2(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
SMMFH. Nigeria is this your Ph.D President?

3 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by genevieve12(f): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Revolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWQTKkC16c
I remember a place in the scripture that says he dat prays for his leader shall be blessed.my I won ba awon agba chop my presi I hale o.
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Xfactoria: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
sodiqrasaq:
SMH cry cry cry

GEJ is a disgrace to PHD holder's and Nigeria

see the look he is giving the Journalist and he responded cluelessly, is he trying to intimidate the Guy. undecided undecided

Some part where even cut off, maybe Okupe wan interfere, wan help him oga grin grin

#IHAVEDECIDED

#GMB15

Oga, you have to earn the right to call the President "clueless".

Please paste your o'level results and your university diploma here if you have one.

Some of you who wrote WAEC and JAMB multiple times should never have the effrontery of referring to someone else as clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
striktlymi:

Guy you did not see the video. If you did, you would be ashamed at the responses of Jonathan.

How can a President say: "If the military tells you that then you have to take it"? He has no idea why the Nigerian military was under armed? He underrated Bokoharam and that's why they thrived for over 4 years? The military were under armed yet he did nothing for so many years?

If you are not ashamed then there is something very wrong.
may God deliver you. the governmnet underrated BH.. y is that a problem??
he has no idea why the military is unarmed.. are u this daft?? did u not see how much wisdom he applied in answering that question.
i wasnt incharge i cant speak for them.. very simple end of story. u and me know that previous administrations didnt buy any weapons..ohh u wanted him to say they were all corrupt like ur master buhari would say of what use is that?:
oga get ova urslf.. jonathan is smart u cant take that away.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by OtunbaJega: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
See as the BBC guy dey make the man shiver

2 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Deltagiant: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
I observed the video tape was erased at the point GEJ was expressing his and his party's confidence of victory. Then i went to watch the same video directly from Youtube and it was the same. It is now very apparent that there is this western determination to see that GEJ loses power.

If wishes were horses.

At the end of the day it is the ordinary Nigerians and not the west nor the social media miscreants will cast the votes.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Revolution: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
may God deliver you. the governmnet underrated BH.. y is that a problem??
he has no idea why the military is unarmed.. are u this daft?? did u not see how much wisdom he applied in answering that question.
i wasnt incharge i cant speak for them.. very simple end of story. u and me know that previous administrations didnt buy any weapons..ohh u wanted him to say they were all corrupt like ur master buhari would say of what use is that?:
oga get ova urslf.. jonathan is smart u cant take that away.

That is called passing the buck, Jonathan has been in power for at least 5 years and has been fighting this war for that long so how can he say the degradation in the military was due to his predecessors? The question was directed at him, in other words, why did you fail to equip the military in the 5 years you have been in power to ensure they can take on boko haram?

3 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Revolution:

That is called passing the buck, Jonathan has been in power for at least 5 years and has been fighting this war for that long so how can he say the degradation in the military was due to his predecessors? The question was directed at him, in other words, why did you fail to equip the military in the 5 years you have been in power to ensure they can take on boko haram?
please go back and watch the interview ur blind hatered will not even allow u listen properly
the interview said "ur predecessors budgeted huge amounts for the military"...
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Kenquil: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
lol.....

Get your 1gb Etisalat shared data at N1100. Call/SMS/whatsapp 09092684000 for details....
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by GentleToks(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
sodiqrasaq:
SMH cry cry cry

see the look he is giving the Journalist and he responded cluelessly, is he trying to intimidate the Guy. undecided undecided

Some part where even cut off, maybe Okupe wan interfere, wan help him oga grin grin

#IHAVEDECIDED

#GMB15

I can't honestly fathom how Jonathan was able to bag his PHD. I have listened to PHD holder's from that region over the years and I couldn't just..........

I have listened to Professor Osinbajo's being interviewed severally and I was never disappointed

4 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by megastu(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Adonbilivit!!!!
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by ademusiwa2: 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Revolution: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
please go back and watch the interview ur blind hatered will not even allow u listen properly
the interview said "ur predecessors budgeted huge amounts for the military"...

I did watch and listen to the interview very attentively. The question was... How could it have got to this stage, the weaponry of the military was so degraded that they weren't able to hold on to these towns and villages when this is an oil rich nation, the budget now is about $5bn a year for security"? Then he goes on to say "For many years, each government has had a lot of money, governments before you, how do you think it has got to that stage where there weren't the attack helicopters, the tanks, the armoured personnel carriers and the weapons to take on boko haram"?

The first part of the question in bold, about the military budget now, was for Jonathan but he ducked it. He only answered the second part that asked about spending over the years by previous government. Also, remember that Jonathan slammed Governor Shettima last year for claiming that Boko Haram was better armed than the Nigeria army but now he seems to accept that indeed that was the case. It took a year, over 15,000 deaths and the prospects of losing the elections for him to realise this and do something about it.

6 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
The word clueless has suddenly become very popular in Nigeria. Even a primary school dropout and the woman selling opa'eyin now know the meaning of that word.
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by cocoduck: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
at REVOLUTION
Nigeria number one is a fraud
Nigeria number two is not the giant of Africa
your leaders right from Gowon fed you cheap lies and it degraded you so much that GEJ comming out to lay it bare to you that since the Gowon till 2010 when he came to power you and your fellow naijeriyans have been groping in perpetual darkness, has made you mad,take chill pill n1gga why do you think we Biafrans don't want this fraud called naijeriya? it is because of all the lies and falsehood that is thrown here and there everyday, that 1diot call shitima is part and parcel of BH and so are you. The bad boys are comming so what you gonna do when GEj wins?
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by rebranded(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rigging plan has been perfected

1 Like

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by AIYELE(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Too dull

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Soreza(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
BBC AND THIER PROPAGADISH QUESTIONS AGAINST NIGERIA,THEY DONT SPEAK ABOUT SUCCESS BUT NEGATIVES.RT NEWS,CCTV NEWS AND PRESSTV NEWS IS WHERE I VE CHOOSED TO GET REAL WORLD INFORMATIONS AND NOT WHAT AMERICA GOVERNMENT WANTS
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
first time i'm Almost regretting being a Nigerian this man is an epitome of disgrace.

5 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Akpan107(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
sodiqrasaq:

why the word must?? SayNoToViolence.. He got nothing to offer us bro, All what he couldnt give us in 5 years, he is trying to achieved it 6 weeks.
Did he build the first International airport in the South East in six weeks? how about the revolution in the agriculture, was it in six weeks too. Is the new air-conditioned train Nigerians are now enjoying and the beautiful road network across the Nation built in six weeks? Were the 14 new universities across the nation and the almaiiri schools built in six weeks?

APC is a failed party and 'must' never rule Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by akigbemaru: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Giant of Africa does not manufacture weapons.
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by leanalyst: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
sodiqrasaq:
SMH cry cry cry

#IHAVEDECIDED

#GMB15
At least he is better than GMB who gives only 8mins interviews on CNN via Video feed.
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by InvertedHammer: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
The interviewer must have gone home....and at the dinner table told his wife,

"Honey, I feel sorry for Nigerians, they are fvcked. Can you imagine the kind of president they have. Jeeeesus Christ!!!

Unbe...fvcking..lievable!" (in a white dude's voice)

This is how interviews supposed to be conducted. If it were to be a Nigerian interviewer, he will be talking about 2015 election instead
of hard questions based on fact. Kudos to the interviewer

/

4 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by olami234lekan(m): 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Talking corruption; here are the cumulative budgets for the OBJ and GEJ :

OBJ: 1999 -2007, total budget for the period came to approximately N9.21tn for his 8 years in office.

GEJ: 2010-2014, total budget for the period came to approximately N23.45tn for 4 years in office.

Effectively GEJ has spent in 5 years a sum that's about 2.5 times the sum OBJ spent in 8 years.

The OBJ regime grew our external reserves by a staggering 930% to 45bn dollars from a little more than 5bn dollars in 1999, paid up a 12bn dollar external debt, grew the economy from below 3% to over 7%, agric bsector also grew by same margin to a record high of 7.4% by the end of 2006, reduced unemployment to a record low of about 6% by 2006, domestic debt to about N2tn by 2007, still left 22bn dollars in the Excess Crude Account and actually improved the exchange rate from 133 to 117 until the global financial of 2008/2009.

GEJ regime has not added a dime to the external reserves despite earning far higher revenues than any Nigerian president in history, but has actually depleted reserves to about dollars, escalated external debt, economy still below 7%, agric sector growth dropped to 5% (forget the hype about eliminating corruption in fertilizer distribution), grew unemployment to over 23% ( a record), poverty incidence to 71% ( another record!) grew domestic debt to N7.65tn from N4.55tn in 2010, has depleted the excess crude account and we now have the worst exchange rate in the history of this country. Remember all of this has happened in an era of UNPRECEDENTED BOOM

Think CHANGE!

Think BUHARI/OSINBAJO!!

Think NIGERIA!!! account and we now have the worst exchange rate in the history of this country. Remember all of this has happened in an era of UNPRECEDENTED BOOM

Think CHANGE!

Think BUHARI/OSINBAJO!!

Think NIGERIA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by paullo20: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ All the way to 2019
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
patostation:

You thank Jesus "your God", and yet you are willing to sacrifice "the wicked ones (APC)"! You must be a demon worshipper. To confirm where your sacrifices go to, read 1 Cor 10:20
yes Jesus is my God
and u gullible witch
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
Demmzy15:

Gbam!!! Caught lying, I don't school in Unilag. The fact is, we yorubas aren't voting for jonaTAN tongue
lol go and ask ur obas
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
sodiqrasaq:
i can see you are not trained properly or you are trained buh never listen , do you think the money GEJ is paying you will make you succeed??, i doubt it, get some brain and work on your future and stop backing incompetency. sad undecided

lol
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by mrmetoo1: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
leanalyst:

At least he is better than GMB who gives only 8mins interviews on CNN via Video feed.

Via video feed? What does that even mean? Tell GEJ next time that if he can't handle an interview he shouldn't do it.
Re: Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview by openmine(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
The most vilified and abused president in the world today...its well...presido no shaking...nothing do u....And as usual GEJ till 2019... #4wardEvaBackwardsNeva!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu To Address Nigerians at 7pm today / Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.