Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… (697 Views)

Ladies: Have You Played Hard To Get And Later Regretted It? / Ever Turned Down An Ugly Babe And Years Later, You Discover She Already An Angel / Twins Separated At Birth Reunite 25 Years Later – Wonders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by GoddyNg: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
SOURCE:http://nigerianmag..com/2015/03/twins-separated-at-birth-reunites-25.html#

[img]http://4.bp..com/-MtEaYxUanGs/VQxw9ftErxI/AAAAAAAAAvs/5fWQnTknFcs/s1600/gallery-1426628374-featured-medium.jpg[/img]

One day, a friend of Anaïs Bordier asked her if she’d ever featured in a music video. She replied no. Then the friend told her he saw someone who looked exactly like her in the music video of Youtube star KevJumba titled ‘High School Virgin’. This was back in December 2012. He then sent a screen shot from the video to Anaïs. Anaïs couldn’t believe what she was seeing, the person in the video looked identical to her.
Curious about the lady, Anaïs Googled her and discovered that in addition to having the same face, they had the same date of birth, the same place of birth (Seoul), and they had both been adopted. The girls name was Samantha Futerman. Anaïs then reached out to her via Facebook and after speaking via Skype for three hours, the ladies discovered they were twins, separated at birth!
[img]http://2.bp..com/-vHLuS7MZ5XE/VQp5f3nJziI/AAAAAAAEx20/eYJVdFL_uuQ/s1600/gallery-1426686948-art-19.jpg[/img]

Anaïs, who had been raised in Paris and was attending fashion school in London, and Samantha, who grew up in New Jersey and was pursuing her acting career in L.A., realized their story was the stuff of movies, and decided to film it as it unfolded, resulting in the premiere of their documentary Twinsters at SXSW film festival two years later.
Cosmopolitan.com spoke to Samantha and Anaïs, who currently live in L.A. and Paris, respectively, at the festival to talk about that fateful Facebook message, fitting into each other’s lives, and staying positive throughout. Read below….
It seemed like you fell into each other’s lives very naturally. Your first conversation was three hours long and after a point, you were having dinner together over Skype. Did that happen immediately or was there any moment, maybe at the beginning, where you were like, “What is going on?”
Samantha: No. We were immediately comfortable with each other. At that time, the two of us were the only ones that were going through this, so we found comfort, I think, in talking about it. Immediately, we were just comfortable with each other. And it never really went away. She’ll text me and be like, “I want to drink my tea but it’s too hot,” you know? Just random things about the day to feel like we’re connected.
When you first got that Facebook message that Anaïs sent, did you immediately know or assume that you were a twin? What were your first thoughts?
Samantha: At first, when I saw her Facebook page, I thought she was a KevJumba fan who had made a page. But then when I clicked into it and saw that she was an actual person and not a doppelganger or a catfish, I was like, “Well, we’re probably twins.” It was just my immediate thought. It was too crazy to not be true. I sent an Instagram screenshot to all of our friends, and they were like, “Yep, that’s your twin.” And then Kanoa [Goo, a producer of the film] was finally like, “Are you OK?” And I was like, “Yeah, yeah, I think so.” It was exciting the entire time, from the very beginning. But yeah, I thought we were twins. [To Anaïs] What about you?
Anaïs: I was thinking the same. On the bus [when she first found out Samantha’s birthday and place of birth], it was very weird to me. I was scared to pronounce the [word] “twin.” It sounded so crazy. I could see my friends’ reactions. Like, “She was born same day as me! And she was also adopted.” And I was waiting for their reactions, like, “So what?” And [instead] they went, “WHAT? That’s crazy! Let’s get out of the bus! Let’s get out of the bus now!” Then I told my parents and I guess that was the final say. I was like, “Mom, OK, so that girl, remember? She’s born the same day, she’s adopted from Seoul as well,” and I was waiting for her to say, “Oh, you’re crazy,” and she said, “Do you think she can actually be your twin?” And that was it for me. I could actually say it out loud. I probably had a twin.

READ MORE ON THEIR TOUCHING STORY @

http://nigerianmag..com/2015/03/twins-separated-at-birth-reunites-25.html
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by Twaci(f): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
Awwww. I have got a twin too. She acts ghana movies. Popularly known as Yvonne Nelson cheesy
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by shaddi(m): 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chiaaaaaaa...
E yaaaa....
Omasheeeee

*sheds uncontrollable tears* cry

But wait oo.. Japanese, Chinese etc all look identical. angry

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Change

1 Like

Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wow! Happy for them...
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Abeg were the summarized verson of this thread dey
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by asadike(f): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
At last and never again
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by sinaj(f): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
what wud have happened if they weren't identical

m searching for my twin too sad
Re: Twins Separated At Birth Reunites 25 Years Later…read How… by Vision4God: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
At last. Now de are faced wt d challenge of studying n knowing demselves. God help dem

(1) (Reply)

Am Losing It / The Sudden Change Of Things. / Help He Is In Trouble!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.