Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku (27057 Views)

Ondo Election : Aggrieved Aspirants Plan To Dump APC - Punch / Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke / Atiku Under Pressure To Dump APC As Jonathan Woos Him - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Rilwon: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2015
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has revealed how President Goodluck Jonathan repeatedly appealed to him to dump the All Progressives Congress, APC, and return to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

Atiku said the president pleaded with him three times, once during a surprise midnight visit to his house.

The former VP made the revelation in an interview with the Hausa service of the BBC, during which he also explained why he has not been very visible in the campaign rallies of his party’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr. Abubakar said he turned down the personal request of President Jonathan to return to the PDP on three separate occasions.

He said the last was in Abuja last Friday when the President paid him a surprise midnight visit.
He said on that day, he received speaker Aminu Tambuwal and ex-military leader, Ibrahim Babangida, and they held fruitful discussions.
“In the evening I went to bed early, but at around 12 am, I was told the president was in my sitting room, so I came down and after exchanging pleasantries, I asked him to what I deserved such a visit and he said he just came back to still plead with me for support,” Atiku said.

“He said I need to go back to the PDP because we built the party and we are its founding fathers, and that we needed to go back and rebuild it.

“I told him this is the third time you are asking me to return to the PDP and my answer has always been the same; I am not going back,” Atiku said.

On speculations that the President also suggested an interim government to the former Vice President, Mr. Abubakar said the matter never came up.

“He did not bring it up, and I also did not,” he said. “We just spoke about politics and the security situation in the country.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178863-president-jonathan-begged-me-thrice-to-dump-apc-atiku.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by SeverusSnape(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2015
APC members can lie.....Even though GEJ really begged you as you claim, Please don't listen to him, I am begging you now; PLEASE STAY IN APC, THAT'S WHERE FITS YOU MORE WITH THE LIKES OF TINUBU, AMAECHI, SARAKI AND LIE.

Atiku is an agent of change. grin grin

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by WisdomFlakes: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2015
Wind don blow, we don see fowl yansh. cheesy

The begging President cheesy E for bribe Atiku sef but I doubt he could afford his price, in dollars cheesy

197 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Factism(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2015
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by WisdomFlakes: 10:56am On Mar 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
APC members can lie.....Even though GEJ really begged you as you claim, Please don't listen to him, I am begging you now; PLEASE STAY IN APC, THAT'S WHERE FITS YOU MORE WITH THE LIKES OF TINUBU, AMAECHI, SARAKI AND LIE.

Bro, it's not too late to jump ship. PDP is finished. I predict that even Jonathan will defect circa 2016. Defect to team CHANGE, Now. cheesy

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by ascaris(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
You can never be trusted any where you go mr Atiku. You define political prostitution in Nigeria. Amaechi and Buhari should not bring this man too close to their campaign...even GEJ is just trying to use him for this remaining one week and the rest will be...Atiku no longer exist.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Rawani: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Jonathan begs Aggrieved PDP Reps.
Jonathan begs Yoruba Traditional Rulers
Jonathan begs IBB
Jonathan begs Yola PDP Members
Jonathan begs Party Delegates
Jonathan begs Ogboni
Jonathan begs Atiku (3X)

YET

"I am not desperate" - GEJ (2015)

grin

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by SeverusSnape(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Bro, it's not too late to jump ship. PDP is finished. I predict that even Jonathan will defect circa 2016. Defect to team CHANGE, Now. cheesy
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe.... This should be the greatest joke of the Millennium. grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by bewla(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
i go un my Neal beg GOD beg Adeboye . oyedepo.all pastor . beg tinubu .beg atiku begi begi president how are u shame

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Alphaoscar: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
Jonah begger!!! Begging since 1948.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Rilwon: 11:03am On Mar 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Atiku is an agent of change. grin grin

Transformation Agenda in pictures

GEJ in January

GEJ in february ending .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2205644_2205611gejogbonijpegf626fbeddcb37964584b9f93feef5d1e_jpegb58d66344d9fbb9a39c087f06091ff3a

GEJ by March 22nd

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2015
So shameful of this yeye president! grin Anyways, it's only one more week to have him about!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by SeverusSnape(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Rilwon:

Transformation Agenda in pictures

GEJ in January

GEJ in february ending .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2205644_2205611gejogbonijpegf626fbeddcb37964584b9f93feef5d1e_jpegb58d66344d9fbb9a39c087f06091ff3a

GEJ by March 22nd

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Arch1: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2015
Atiku
Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by alaoeri: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2015
Jona begging for support what a shame, make una see the ppl Jona is banking on for SW votes.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by nwafuluozoh: 11:20am On Mar 21, 2015
Liar! No honest person in APC.
And if at all that happened it just was to give Atiku a sense of belonging seeing how the APC has ostracised him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
GEJ does not think things through before he acts. Politics is a sober game of numbers.

He now goes about begging people he once insulted to come back because of reelection. This is an epitome of myopia and bad leadership.

21 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Bonapart(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
#givebuhariachance

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by dukie25: 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
On speculations that the President also suggested an interim government to the former Vice President, Mr. Abubakar said the matter never came up.

So it was all lies then, why would GEJ want interim govt when he's going to win resoundingly?

GEJ teaching Buhari how to play politics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by okon11: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Is atiku still alive he has been too quite since the race for the presidency started i wonder why

90 Bodies in Massgrave in Former B'Haram Town
SOURCE: [url=/LD5]http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/4087-90-bodies-in-massgrave-in-former-b-haram-town[/url]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by kingstylo01(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
And you'll beg him three times when he wins that you wanna be part of his crew..

Anytime i visit ma aunt, whats scares me most is their dog.. The dog doesn't like me at all... ThankGod it is caged otherwise, my name would have been sorry..
The dog has two names:

jambo

and

atiku!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Situation001(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
I represent #TEAM CHANGE..

HIT LIKE IF YOUR WITH ME..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by anytexy: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
you are one of them. Up Jona and Jk.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
If its true,I can't imagine how 'big your head was',hearing the President .... You.
(I can't use that word 'beg',how ever he puts it,I don't think 'beg' is the appropriate word for whatever transpired you duo)

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by efilefun(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
If na lie, make jona.daft come defend hinself instead of hin e-rats

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by Dyt(f): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Smh
Terrible ppl everywhere
Permit me say shut up old man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Begged Me Thrice To Dump APC – Atiku by dave2meek(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Story for the gods

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New LASEMA Response Unit Dispatch Center In Lekki Phase 1 (Photos) / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again / Magu To Explain Link With Bureau-de-change Over N336B, $435M, & €14M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.