Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS (16540 Views)

Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities / Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' / Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan (Reuters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by sexyjob(m): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Caseless:
Not coming from the same tribe alone. Even if jonathan is my uncle, I wont vote that thief.
You are a big liar
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
egift:
There are many reasons why Buhari will lead Nigeria with a very peaceful Niger Delta, but here are few:
1. Buhari has good intentions for the region and they too will be watching him closely on how he makes decisions that affect them.
2. Buhari is a man of action and not into jesting. If he says AAA, go to the end of the world, it will remain AAA.
3. People of the region are already an integral part of Buhari's administration. Every State in the region is well represented in APC inner circles.
4. The trouble makers and their foot-lets are well known. We will not have problem picking them up if need be.
5. Finally, the Niger Delta region have 2 simple choices - To become a war zone OR the Developmental Hub of Nigeria.

But one thing I must make clear, Nigerians will not remain an appendage of Failure just for fear we may hurt the ego and greed of Jonathan and his wife. The region needs to be developed and empowered, that is what Buhari is offering.

God bless Nigeria.

May anything you worship bless you. We wont be scared into voting an incompetent leader!

2 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Caseless:
Not coming from the same tribe alone. Even if jonathan is my uncle, I wont vote that thief.
Your father is a thief not the president
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
Flets:
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country.

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investment will seize in all sectors.

And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015. Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.

And then we will ask.... Why were we this stupid?

Bookmark this page and quote me in 2019 if nairaland survives.

So, maybe you are correct. But I tell you today that, the scenario you painted would certainly happen someday in this country. The best thing is for us all to know where we stand now. How can the unity of a country be in jeopardy because the majority dont want a leader?

Nigerians voted for that ingrate of a president in 2011, because we wanted to give him (not Niger/Delta-ns) a chance to fix this country; but he has failed us woefully. Now the same guy is using all sorts of miscreants to scare us into voting him to rule us for another 4 good years! Was it the OPC or militants that elected him in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by chibas: 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
And What's wrong in agitating for self determination and resource control if you truly believe in justice and equality ?
what about the 13 percentage derivative?.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by stronger: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
egift:
There are many reasons why Buhari will lead Nigeria with a very peaceful Niger Delta, but here are few:
1. Buhari has good intentions for the region and they too will be watching him closely on how he makes decisions that affect them.
2. Buhari is a man of action and not into jesting. If he says AAA, go to the end of the world, it will remain AAA.
3. People of the region are already an integral part of Buhari's administration. Every State in the region is well represented in APC inner circles.
4. The trouble makers and their foot-lets are well known. We will not have problem picking them up if need be.
5. Finally, the Niger Delta region have 2 simple choices - To become a war zone OR the Developmental Hub of Nigeria.

But one thing I must make clear, Nigerians will not remain an appendage of Failure just for fear we may hurt the ego and greed of Jonathan and his wife. The region needs to be developed and empowered, that is what Buhari is offering.

God bless Nigeria.

Listen, what you have just spoken is GOLD!!

We can not pander to the threats of any region! What if the North feel injustice seeing as the south has now ruled for 15+ years since 1999?
Should we have impeached Jonathan just to pacify them?
What if the SE say it is our turn or Nigeria burns?
Should we kill Jonathan and put another Azikiwe form Imo?

The same way the Niger-Delta can NOT demand 4 years if MAJORITY of Nigerians want their INCOMPETENT SON OUT!!!
Zero tolerance!!

of course I have to feel sorry for the "foot soldiers" who may want to let themselves used.
Tompolo and co have millions abroad and can check out if the heat is too much.
Asari Dokubo is a citizen of benin Rep. and can simply move back there!

Let them beware!

3 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by udeh3(m): 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
quixotic:
u honestly don't deserve a reply, but i am benevolent. Times it by the inflation rate and the value of the naira. But that is besides the point if you have any grey matter which i sincerely doubt you do,you would know i made a comparism.a graduate earns 20k,an uneducated criminal earns millions a month. And the sad thing is ì am almost certain you are a graduate unemployed or under employed, and the beauty is those who want to salvage this country out number your kinds who are cronically parochial. God help you

In the niger delta were I come from, many of the youth go into acquiring of skills like Extreme, pipeline wielding, valve mechnics, etc. This same youth will never get job except he/she know a yoruba or an hausa man or a contractor

In my area, we have the IDSL and NPDC, non of this company even accept an IT letter from you when you are not connected. The people you see there doing their ITs are mainly from the North and West. What about the staffs in those oil and gas companies, you hardly can find a direct staff from the niger delta

Non of the oil and gas companies have their headquarters in the region, their employment is either from Lagos, Kaduna or Abuja and you don't see any injustice to that

Injustice is when you are neglected, cheated, oppressed and stripped-off your possessions. I know of an hausa guy who read 'Islamic study' and he is working in NNPC, NGC precisely

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by poseidon12: 1:15am On Mar 23, 2015
egift:

God bless Nigeria.

As for your #5: If they choose to become a war zone, will you join the army to go fight them?
Nigeria has been struggling to clear Bokoharam and you think we can add a second war front?
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by pekeyim: 2:10am On Mar 23, 2015
pendy79:

Never knew Buhari spent 6years as president not 20months, never knew all a government need to prove as developing a state is to name a university, last I check the Yar-Adua university which is state owned is not in Abuja.

A Government which earned the most in Oil receipts in 5years what the Country earned in 50years yet NOTHING commensurate in terms of INFRACSTRUTURE but gullible and unpatriotic citizens like you driven by ethnic bigotry thinks a MAN who could not deliver when Crude was averaging $100/barrel will now do magic when oil is selling lower than $50 today with no hope of rising again

Do you in your heart of heart like the NIGERIA you live in today?

I live in a society where most revenue comes from Tax receipts, Tourism and Exportation of goods and services. They have no crude yet the country and government work for its people.

How can any reasonable NIGERIAN support this lootocratic government? Do you watch Al-Jazeera with Lai Mohammed and Mike Omeri today? Pls use your senses man, those in power today don't care about you.

But seriously how do you people sleep @ night? So much bitterness and hate just because of one reason or the other someone just mentioned that he / she received 19 800 naira stipend for 12 months because of GEJ and the reply immediately was about inflation, now saying GEJ has received highest revenue ever, but inflation and market economics doesn't come into play, of course because it's GEJ,

You said "lootocractic" but Buhari said Abacha wasn't corrupt he served under Abacha as PTF Chairman, where he delegated all his duties to APC and after the probe conducted afterwards indicated APC consortium, no wonder he is now a member of the "All Progressive Confidence " party after the consolidation!-Buhari 2015,

Btw GEJ has not spent 6 years as president as it's been highlighted severally but "it's allowed " for those that can reason not to talk of calculating, that's definitely "rocket science
"

The highlighted text is one of the reasons GEJ established 9 universities in the North.

#God Bless Nigeria
#GEJ
#saynotogerontocracy
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:29am On Mar 23, 2015
nzeobi:
GEJ used oil money from niger delta to fight Bokoharam , so buhari should be ready to use groundnut sales to fight militants

Fight Militants?!

That area will be turned into a war zone, blockaded, and cordoned off from the rest of the world. I doubt any unrest caused by Nigeri Delta Terrorists in that area just because Jonathan lost will be sustainable for a long period' it will be easily, quickly, and viciously quelled, that much I can guarantee you.

P.S: Why are Ibos eager to cause trouble in Nigeria using GEJ as cover? Why have Ibos been encouraging strife in, and the, destruction of Nigeria?
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:32am On Mar 23, 2015
udeh3:

Asari went to University

ROFLMAAOOOOOOOOO
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:36am On Mar 23, 2015
Reference:

Tribal problem did not start with Jonathan, the Ijaws or the PDP and will not end with his re-election or otherwise. Nothing I have seen in that report that cannot be attributed to any contestant or any ither region.except the person is just being mischievious.

The problem of Nigeria is a disproportionate balance of power. The rights of some to have power in perpetuity and the fate of others to be in constant subservience. Nigeria cannot work that way. Let the Ijaws enjoy what others have enjoyed since independence, period. When everyone has had his fill then you can start your good governance rubbish.

They only make noise when power is out of their hands. When they regain it they start making excuses why good gobernance cannot work. Nonsense. Are we kids. We have seen enough governments to know what Nigeria is all about.

You're a sick lunatic!

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by nzeobi(m): 6:36am On Mar 23, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Fight Militants?!

That area will be turned into a war zone, blockaded, and cordoned off from the rest of the world. I doubt any unrest caused by Nigeri Delta Terrorists in that area just because Jonathan lost will be sustainable for a long period' it will be easily, quickly, and viciously quelled, that much I can guarantee you.

P.S: Why are Ibos eager to cause trouble in Nigeria using GEJ as cover? Why have Ibos been encouraging strife in, and the, destruction of Nigeria?
Something obasanjo could not do.
Let me tell you, even if you kill 99 percent of the militants, a single person is enough to use a dynamite and blow up the pipelines, power plants and fuel depots.
Let me tell you the more you fight them, they more determined and aggressive they become and remember that they don't kill humans but target installations which will even attract sympathy for them.
Please use your head
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Johnnoo(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2015
Sweetguy25:
The north ruled for over 30 years but they're the most miserable in Nigeria.
Obasanjo ruled for eight years and could not fix the lagos-ibadan expressway.
Goodluck has ruled for five years and has built a university in his hometown. It is better to wait for the next four years and expect more.

If GEJ will reduce the cost of governance and fix power, that will count far more in the heart of Nigerians than anything cool
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Jyde89: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2015
Sweetguy25:
The north ruled for over 30 years but they're the most miserable in Nigeria.
Obasanjo ruled for eight years and could not fix the lagos-ibadan expressway.
Goodluck has ruled for five years and has built a university in his hometown. It is better to wait for the next four years and expect more.
***in PEJ's voice*** GEJ praise worship leader, kontunu your blooow job for him till march twenty8 when he will take his rightful seat as the high priest of otueke and u'll sit @ his right hand in the shrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari May Not Name Ministers Until September - PUNCH / Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway / APC Congratulates Yemi Osinbajo On His 63 Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.