Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. (37489 Views)

Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" / DSS Compounds & Complicates Nnamdi Kanu’s Detention / Buhari’s Eligibility Suit Suffers Setback, Adjourned To April 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by egobetatoday: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2015
folabayo1:
yes!!! but u are not God??
I have so much faith in God and he wud not disappoint us and allow the clueless man to rule us for another 4yrs of hardship and joblessness again.
Saibaba

I have so much faith in The Almighty God and I know he would not disappoint us and allow the BLOOD SUCKING SHAMELESS OLD CERTIFICATELESS man to rule us EVER in this country again. THE BLOOD OF THE VICTIMS OF 2011 POST ELECTION CRISIS IS HANGING ON HIS HEAD.

HE WONT ESCAPE NEMESIS.

ALMIGHTY GOD IS A GOD OF JUSTICE!
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by olisaEze(m): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
sincerenigerian:

You need to bother yourself learning how to write proper English Language instead of bothering yourself about politics.

SMH!
cheesy pot calling kettle Black!
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by folabayo1(f): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
egobetatoday:

I have so much faith in The Almighty God and I know he would not disappoint us and allow the BLOOD SUCKING SHAMELESS OLD CERTIFICATELESS man to rule us EVER in this country again. THE BLOOD OF THE VICTIMS OF 2011 POST ELECTION CRISIS IS HANGING ON HIS HEAD.

HE WONT ESCAPE NEMESIS.

ALMIGHTY GOD IS A GOD OF JUSTICE!

okay we shall see
Yes God lives
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by BERNIMOORE: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2015

ikwubaba:

Don't minese daft people all over NL. Case has not even started. The arguments is still on other technicalities. And there is no application of any interim injuctions here to stop him or inec. But these minions of corrupt politicians are already occuping the whole space. Better go plan your riggin strategy.
Even if the whole of SE/SS vote 100% for GEJ, it will be countered by votes from NW alone. GEJ is a toast already.

application of any interim injuctions here to stop him or inec...... what is this one talking about?

Raiders post=31945745:
I doubt you know how the judiciary work in Nigeria. This case is going to be decided after the elections because court cases are not rush like that in Nigeria

on what grounds 'must it be decided after the election sir? only the judge can chose to do that, but he is not bound not to disqualify before election, ok

Jesusloveyou:
rule on a case without providing evidence,i just de laugh.

which evidence are you talking about? evidences had since been filled by the plaintiffs(see images on below this pages) the court cannot be held to ransom by the defendants buhari and co, the judge had already granted abridgement of time within which defendants must file their responses and they have failed to do that, rather they wrongly refused to file their statement of reply to these statement of claims by the plaintiffs;

suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/14/2015 through an originating summons filed by his counsel, Mr Ade Okeaya-Inneh (SAN), joined Buhari and INEC as co-defendants.

Ozoaka’s counsel, Okeaya-Inneh, in the originating summons, is seeking among others

1,According to the plaintiff, Buhari’s filing and submission of INEC Form CF 001, without attaching evidence of educational qualifications as required, was an offence under Section 31 of the Act.

Therefore, he prayed the court to declare that Buhari is not eligible to participate in the 2015 presidential election for failure to comply with the terms for submission of list of candidates.

2,wheather the imformation given by buhari (1st defendant) in the prescribed inec form and submitted to the (inec) 3rd defendant for the 2015 presidential election does not contain falsehood, if yes whether Buhari (1st defendant) is thereby not disqualified from 2015 presidential election

the defendants Buhari and co have failed to provide evidences and reply to each statement of claims till the judge calls for ruling on the applications.

Rather than responding, Buhari and co are contesting 'order of substituted service' which they knew that it is only appeal court that they can contest that

as it stands, in todays ruling, we expect the judge to do the needful, example of such needfull can be cited here
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Mohammed%20Mari%20Kida%20v%20A.D%20Ogunmola.htm

Mohammed Mari Kida.......Plaintiff/Appellant

And

A.D. Ogunmola.....Defendant/Respondent

''In his Ruling on the aforesaid Motion delivered on the 24/12/1996, the learned trial judge granted the plaintiffs prayer and entered judgment in default of defence against all the defendants''

''In his ruling on the matter delivered on 25/7/1997, the learned trial judge agreed with the plaintiff that the 2nd defendant was duly served with all the processes by substituted means ie by pasting the processes on the door of the last known place of abode of the 2nd defendant''

we expect the plaintiff to present application for judgment in default of defence against all the defendants (buhari) '' if the judge Ademola did not give judgement today We expect at least one adjournment

Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by BERNIMOORE: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2015

Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by BERNIMOORE: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
The nigerian army issued a letter made available to court below, that they are not with Buhari certificate.

Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by adanduka: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:
If by the slimmest chance Buhari survives tomorrow and wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country. 

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investment will seize in all sectors.And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc. 

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished. 

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

Reasoning on point!
We are so gullible that we believe anyone who tells us they'll turn our 'mourning into dancing'.
And since these politicians aren't magicians, they don't pave our streets with gold after we vote them; and the damage has been done. We have to wait 4 or 8years for them to vacate their seats and the cycle continues.
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by creserve: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:
If by the slimmest chance Buhari survives tomorrow and wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country. 

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investment will seize in all sectors.And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc. 

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

If your Jonathan win the election, corruption or stealing will become so monumental that the oil money will not be useful to Nigerians except for the few thieves. You will lose dignity as a Nigerian that you will not want to carry the green passport anywhere. Thugs like Asari, Tompolo Gani Adam will be our reference point and be calling the shots like they are doing now. The ethnoreligious division will be more entrenched. Our children will have no future because the clueless one will never know what steps to take. At the international arena, Nigeria will never assume its pride of place because the clueless one is either too drunk to attend important meeting or cowering without confidence when granting interviews to foreign journalists. Need I say more? May God grant us a Leader.

1 Like

Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by creserve: 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
k4kings:
The "word" change is now a very popular word in the
mouth of many people, and sincerely speaking, I love
change. But my question is, does the APC as a party
really understand the true meaning of the "word"
change? Americans preached change and presented
Obama (as the first black to ever rule America). What
has the APC brought to us? Fashola, Adams, Rochas,
Ameachi would have made more meaning to us, not
Buhari.
GEJ is certainly not the best as we all know that there
is no perfect human being on earth, but Buhari is not
an option, because he does not have the capacity to
change anything. The world we live can only be made
better with "brain" and "Biro" not with bullet and gun
which is what Buhari presents. Buhari is not just
uneducated, but he also does not have interest in
education. I say this with dew respect to him and his
age. Buhari left office over thirty years ago, yet in his
spare time, he never did anything to improve himself
educationally. Even OBJ after ruling for eight years
still went and improved himself. Nigerian Youths, pls
THINK!!! I say whatever I say without sentiment nor
biased mind, but through proper analysis of the
truth. Putting an old wine in a new bottle does not
make it a new wine... Nigerians please THINK!!!
Buhari is not the "change" we need, he's just hungry
for power. Talking about corruption, I have my doubts
about his sincerity too. Buhari is being sponsored by
one of the "most" corrupt leaders in Nigeria history;
Bola Ahmed Tinubu. How is he going to fight
corruption if he's been backed by such people. (I
know that many people are going react to this post,
and I'm waiting). Buhari in his first bid to elected as
ptesident in 2003, criticized OBJ as a corrupt leader,
and the same Buhari still claiming to be a "corruption
fighter" was bold enough to tell the world on CNN
that that same OBJ has endorsed him. Where is his
integrity?
I'll pause here, but let me add this: education does
not have a substitute, and I doubt if a man that is not
interested in self-education can provide for
another!!!
Please drop the facade that you are not biased or sentimental. Why is Buhari not an option? Is it because he's not been found wanting when it comes to corruption? What you need to know is that either you like it or not, he is a state man who has reached the pinnacle. You need to reexamine his CV. If you are talking of education in terms of paper qualifications, you can't rubbish him likewise if it is in terms of experience.
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by creserve: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
k4kings:
The "word" change is now a very popular word in the
mouth of many people, and sincerely speaking, I love
change. But my question is, does the APC as a party
really understand the true meaning of the "word"
change? Americans preached change and presented
Obama (as the first black to ever rule America). What
has the APC brought to us? Fashola, Adams, Rochas,
Ameachi would have made more meaning to us, not
Buhari.
GEJ is certainly not the best as we all know that there
is no perfect human being on earth, but Buhari is not
an option, because he does not have the capacity to
change anything. The world we live can only be made
better with "brain" and "Biro" not with bullet and gun
which is what Buhari presents. Buhari is not just
uneducated, but he also does not have interest in
education. I say this with dew respect to him and his
age. Buhari left office over thirty years ago, yet in his
spare time, he never did anything to improve himself
educationally. Even OBJ after ruling for eight years
still went and improved himself. Nigerian Youths, pls
THINK!!! I say whatever I say without sentiment nor
biased mind, but through proper analysis of the
truth. Putting an old wine in a new bottle does not
make it a new wine... Nigerians please THINK!!!
Buhari is not the "change" we need, he's just hungry
for power. Talking about corruption, I have my doubts
about his sincerity too. Buhari is being sponsored by
one of the "most" corrupt leaders in Nigeria history;
Bola Ahmed Tinubu. How is he going to fight
corruption if he's been backed by such people. (I
know that many people are going react to this post,
and I'm waiting). Buhari in his first bid to elected as
ptesident in 2003, criticized OBJ as a corrupt leader,
and the same Buhari still claiming to be a "corruption
fighter" was bold enough to tell the world on CNN
that that same OBJ has endorsed him. Where is his
integrity?
I'll pause here, but let me add this: education does
not have a substitute, and I doubt if a man that is not
interested in self-education can provide for
another!!!
Please drop the facade that you are not biased or sentimental. Why is Buhari not an option? Is it because he's not been found wanting when it comes to corruption? What you need to know is that either you like it or not, he is a state man who has reached the pinnacle. You need to reexamine his CV. If you are talking of education in terms of paper qualifications, you can't rubbish him likewise if it is in terms of experience.
Buhari is not an option but Jonathan that divides the country along ethnic and religious lines, who fraternizes with thugs and militants in his desperation to win an election is our saviour abi?If you don't know, let me tell you that the biggest problem of the country is corruption and here is a president that so much condone it that he doesn't give a damn about declarin
g his assets, he's always defending corruption and pardon corrupt people.
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by Lazon: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

Thrash :/
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by BERNIMOORE: 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by Rilwayne001: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
[s]Chronology of the Eligibility-suit which was originally filled in late january2015 and slated for mention/hearing on February 3rd[/size]

Orders granted in the suits so far

Buhari and Apc were adamant and refusing to aknowledge the orders, which shows they are heading for the consequencies of the judgement which will not help buhari in anywaywhatsoever, a sitting judge is a refferee and decides the proceedings in the court

February 3rd

February 9th
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/09/court-to-hear-suit-to-stop-buhari-23-february/

http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/09/disqualification-suit-apc-buhari-oppose-substituted-service/

24th february

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/30342-court-slates-march-19-to-hear-buhari-s-eligibility-suits/30342-court-slates-march-19-to-hear-buhari-s-eligibility-suits

March 19

http://www.voiceofnigeria.org/nigeria/buhari-eligibility-suit-fixed-for-march-28.html

having wasted all their time in the court(2, The court also granted an order of abridgment of time within which the defendants must respond to the suits) before the election as granted in 1 and 2 above, and defying court orders, buhari highly risk disqualification as all the claims of the originating suits that bothers on 'perjury' non attachment of certificate to authenticate affidavits, and non submission of date of birth certificate etc have not beign replied and may be deemed to be true thereby rendering their client disqualified, the stage seem to be set for an 'appeal in the court of appeal' but then read the cases lost by contesting 'order of service' http://www.nigeria-law.org/Mohammed%20Mari%20Kida%20v%20A.D%20Ogunmola.htm and also note that jega aknowledge that only court can disqualify Buhari, the lawyers have just complicates his case and gave judge Ademola no option than to disqualify buhari, enjoy as it unfolds from 24th march [/s]

How far?

has he been disqualified? undecided
Re: Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. by Rilwayne001: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Make i save this thread against tommorow.

The OP will surely cry tommorow

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Buhari's Health Is Not As Bad As It Is Perceived" - Aisha Buhari / How Will You Feel If Tribunal Declares Atiku Winner Of Presidential Election? / Full Text: Kukah's Christmas Message, About Buhari That Sparked Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.