Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry (2312 Views)

Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / Would Relationships Survive If "Sex" Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is a very sensitive question because I have heard some ladies say that having children is the major reasons why they are in marriage
Even some married women say that the reason why they still remain in their marriages and in union with their husbands is just because of their children

I have had instances where I have met ladies who have said that they would rather be single mums than get into marriage......some even go to the extent of saying that marriage is bondage.

I think raising children in a way spices up a relationship/ marriage.
So ladies, do you place more emphasis on the love you share with your partner or on the thought of having kids and partaking in the bliss of motherhood.
Would you agree to spend the rest of your life with a man if raising or having children was removed from the equation of marriage ?
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Viktoh(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
cool
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
sad
Hmmm I'm lost because I want children but I'm not fussed about marriage. So if the kids were taken out of the equation then I think there is no need for legal papers (marriage)

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by eph12(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Deep
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
It better be about you and your partner first.

Those kids do eventually leave the nest...

And then there were two. You two are stuck 'till death parts.

Better LIKE and get along with each other first and foremost, before introducing reproduction.

Best advise I ever got: married folks; do not let those kiddies put your relationship "asunder"; because they will leave eventually

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Tallesty1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Many of them will.
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Brymo: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
this thread remains me of Louis Litt and Sheila in Suits

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by smithadam: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
and this is why two grown ups will get married after signing agreement not to have babies...married now a contract
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
One of my sisters have said something like this. I just don't seem to get their grievance towards marriage
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by GinaKing: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yep i still wud get married. Coz marriage is abt me and him, and hw we get along. The kids do come,bt eventualy dey move out of home wen dey grow older, and m still left with this person for the rest of my life.so yah i still wud girl

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
For me its abt me and that one person i've decided to spend the rest of my life. It's not all about the children. What about companionship,that person you come home to everyday.

Don't people get tired of jumping from one person to another all the time? The pains,heartbreaks?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dimples192:
sad
Hmmm I'm lost because I want children but I'm not fussed about marriage. So if the kids were taken out of the equation then I think there is no need for legal papers (marriage)

Actually women wouldn't want that since a large number of them use the man's progeny in their wombs to trap him...Yes, TRAP him. Howelse should I term a situation where pregnancy is used to MANIPULATE and BLACKMAIL a man into settling with you by telling him he has to be responsible for his baby with you in his life? Why couldn't you convince him with your character or intelligence? Why with a pregnancy?

Why do women have to MANIPULATE men into staying put with them? I've seen too many unhappy men.
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by ivyT(f): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Let me deviate a lil
If I were to choose btw_I'd rather have kids than get married *go chop winch if u no agree *

Back to d topic= I have said all I wanna say ,so peace y' ALL wink

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by LewisO: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Please go to your bible and read about what God told Noah's generation u will understand better. undecided [/size]

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ok.... undecided
Dnt know why you had to quote me to make your point but... noted

TheSonOfMark:

Actually women wouldn't want that since a large number of them use the man's progeny in their wombs to trap him...Yes, TRAP him. Howelse should I term a situation where pregnancy is used to MANIPULATE and BLACKMAIL a man into settling with you by telling him he has to be responsible for his baby with you in his life? Why couldn't you convince him with your character or intelligence? Why with a pregnancy?

Why do women have to MANIPULATE men into staying put with them? I've seen too many unhappy men.
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
no kids, no marriage
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Xiadnat:
It better be about you and your partner first.

Those kids do eventually leave the nest...

And then there were two. You two are stuck 'till death parts.

Better LIKE and get along with each other first and foremost, before introducing reproduction.

Best advise I ever got: married folks; do not let those kiddies put your relationship "asunder"; because they will leave eventually
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
If raising kids was removed from d equation, I wouldn't get married.

I'll become a reverend sister sad
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by nerdfrost(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Well,most gals nowadays wud jump into marriage if raising a child is removed out of the equation,this is because they have consumed the western culture completely. Most of them just wanna get married to a rich guy and adopt a kid. They don't wanna go thru the stress of child bearing.
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
If children were to be removed,i will rather stay single.

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by ronald4lif(m): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ladies talk, missed my way obviously, bounces away. smiley
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by germainediva(f): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
Me love sex.........so me must still marry

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Extom(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
If the issue of being awarded a degree is removed from the equation, will you still go spend years in the higher institution?? undecided

As for me, if the issue of child-bearing is striked out, then a Barney Stinson is born.
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Blackett:

Ha. Finally. I will frame this certificate of approval.

Hm. grin
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
germainediva:
You can still have sex without being married undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Xiadnat:

Ha. Finally. I will frame this certificate of approval.

Hm. grin
Hmm. grin
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Blackett:
Hmm. grin

mmm-hmm. smiley
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Debbiemma(f): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yes I will still remain married
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by chibwike(m): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
lagmostkuit:
If raising kids was removed from d equation, I wouldn't get married.

I'll become a reverend sister sad
why
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by chibwike(m): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
germainediva:
Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by mirexxx(f): 7:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
cheesy cheesy
I love kids
I love my hubby (future)
won't trade one of em for anything cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Raising Children Was Removed From The Equation,Would You Still Marry by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
can I comment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways Ladies Display Jealousy When Their Boyfriend Is Seen With Another Girl / 5 Things You Didn't Know About Breasts. / She Made It! Accident Victim Joy Akabuike Is Out Of Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.