Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings (44118 Views)

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job On Push CV?? / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2015
hammer2010:
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

First

First

Lunch

wink cheesy
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by seunoni34(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2015
hammer2010:
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

I'm a pre-NYSC going by may, the CV I used to get my current job was downloaded for free on the internet(dont know the website though) but there are thousands of free cv's online. Some have been prepared already , just change the name and contact info. Use Google bro.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ideologies(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2015
Seun, and others, how did this make front page.

This is very immature.

CV writing is not free any way in the world even on LinkedIn.com
Applicants were not forced to have Pushcv write for them.

How will pushcv have money to advertise on national papers if they are fake.
Take this thread off front page, its very childish in reasoning

5 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2015
some people can rant even because of N100. They always want everything free. mtchew**

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Hmmmmm, I paid for their cv-push service in 2013 and didn't get called for ONE interview though my CV was enticing enough considering that the companies they claimed to have sent my CV too were all SMEs. It is well o.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Gooci(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2015
Mayb my story could be of help...

I also registered for d pushCv, bt I ddnt finish the registration. Bfor the stage1, I was sent a text that I should finish up my registration or else I will be disqualified. I neva attended to that message nd I was like you people still shortlisted me for stage1.

I did d stage1 on my small balckberry while eating nd I took my time to get thru it. When the result came out, some1 here on NL said he scored 9000point nd people were discussing weda it was based on 1000. I received a congratulatory message from pushCv nd wen I checked mine, it was 3500 nd I was like som1 scored 9000, I scored 3500 nd I still passed. I jst lost interest in d whole thing...

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by gabicon: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Nigerians and their propaganda theory. Push CV is a business and the most important aim of any business is to provide services and make money, how do they do this by just collecting CV's a lot of hardwork was put into the whole process their staffs have to get paid. I'm not validating pushcv all I'm saying is no one provides services for free hence we should show a little empathy and by the way they didn't force and one to pay any money it a choice. B4 someone says I work for puchcv let me clear the air that I don't n I also applied, further more there are similar institutions live pushcv in UK like cvlibrary, reed, blue arrow etc some of them even get PSID by subsiding their clients salaries they agree with an employer for a fee for their clients services and then agree with the client on a salary the difference is their profit.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2015
ideologies:

This is very immature.

It's a methodical disclaimer. Don't forget that the initial two posts that graced the front page kind of suggest Nairaland endorsement for your company. So, this new post is a sort of caveat call to all stakeholders. Getit?

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by veraiyke(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2015
You are right. I got to that stage and though I placed an order I have wriiten a CV for my elder sis to type n den I use that one and not pay anyone any dime online. Itz business dey r into. Imagine d thousands dat will pay for it n hw much des online network will get
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ideologies(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2015
moreeni:

It's a methodical disclaimer. Don't forget that the initial two posts that graced the front page kind of suggest Nairaland endorsement for your company. So, this new post is a sort of caveat call to all stakeholders. Getit?

Missed call, I don't work with Pushcv, getit??
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ceejayluv(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Is LinkedIn totally free?... Stop hating bro.. You were given two options and you're whining about one...
I got a job through gradexchange.com I had to travel over 80 miles to write an online test to be displayed on my online profile back then.

Now they're offering you the option of a free profile and you're complaining... Go and sit down.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
ideologies:

Missed call, I don't work with Pushcv, getit??

Whoops...I'm sure it will get to whom it may concern.

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ideologies(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2015
moreeni:

Whoops...I'm sure it will get to whom it may concern.

I hope so, but Pushcv is a consulting firm, writing Cv is part of what they do, I believe that they are just using the opportunity to make some money cheesy grin
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by kulgee001(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2015
hammer2010:

Peace

Surely you are being antagonistic.

Firstly, professional CV writing is not a new venture. Maybe it is to you. So I can excuse you on that.
Secondly, your post is full of spelling errors right even from the title. Reasons why professional CV writing is required by some.
Thirdly, if you had researched PushCV, you would have known that they've been around for sometime before they came up with this brilliant idea to help unemployed Nigerians. If you go through their site, you would see that they have done a lot of work to help young Nigerians develop the skills required to succeed in their job hunt and like this Elite employee thingy, most are FREE.

Please endeavor to do a good research on matters before making an effort to discredit other people's hard work.

And Nairaland, which craze man take this thing go front page? How can you guys here at Nairaland not know better. I'm appalled.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ROCKHARDDK(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2015
In my own stance I received a confirmation towards the next level haven completed the first, but to my surprise I haven't got any email with any such link to access a second level platform. Both phone and email are perfectly working
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2015
CoCoLav:
I didn't even bother signing up. I prefer direct applications and call for interview so I know who I am dealing with. My CV contains personal details and I can't have it flying around.

Standing ovation for you. Most people do not know what private details mean. It's important one knows whom they are dealing with and not some faceless dream job providers.

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ROCKHARDDK(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2015
rukeme2005:
Got this mail:
Dear Applicant,

We write to notify you that the interview earlier scheduled for 30th of March 2015,has now been postponed to 6th April,2015.

The venue is our new office and facility at Chevron Extension,Olugboragan Town,Tipper Garage,By the Chevron 2nd toll gate, after Southern View Estate,Chevron Area,Lekki

Please call 08100000846 for enquiries.

Thank you.

Phonekings Nigeria

www.phonekings.com.ng
Africa's no 1 mobile phone and Gadgets online mall
member of sundouglas Group

Please does anyone know if its real or who they are?

First, did you apply for any job to have expected u be called up for an interview by the previosly chosen/stated date? If not, my brother just shift ur eyes comot before some1 wey get lappy and scam brain scoop you off.. Blessed!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by CoCoLav(f): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2015
CounsellorWise:

Standing ovation for you. Most people do not know what private details mean. It's important one knows whom they are dealing with and not some faceless dream job providers.

Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by davide470(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2015
moreeni:

Lady, You smart!!
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Reminds me of a rogue group called New Nation in PHC and one criminal kind I wasted my money to attend in Lagos sometime past. Please be cautious guys just like I admonished by eager cousin yesterday. Don't leave your personal details on every site you visit. Know who is employing you first.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by eleko1: 11:46am On Mar 27, 2015
grin undecided angry :-XAnti lie/scam detector.U still owe me for the 5 wraps of Those thing u buy
VickyRotex:
Finally, someone is reasoning with me...

I knew there'd be something fishy, the moment they started saying send this link to people bla bla..

Lots of people are participating, both student, employed and unemployed. So I really wonder how they intend handling such.

Never even knew they were gonna start asking for payment to use their so called Pro CV...

Btw I doubt if any Nigerian would make such payment.
If you are someone who is eager to get a job, I believe you must have gotten a well written CV that would attract any employer.

So peeps, abeg, if your gonna continue with the push CV stuff, get a good CV on your own, there are free online websites that can guide you. Having a healthy Self esteem is all that matters. Trust yourself.

Tried doing the stage 2 today but along the line had network issues. Gonna try it again. But as for payment? Nahh... I'll upload my Pro CV grin Id keep playing along, we never can tell. wink

But please dont put your eggs in one basket. Cheers smiley
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by asfalol: 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
i

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Appswheel(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
My brother if you say everything should be completely "free" what then would the organizers gain from it. It should be mutually beneficial. I have drafted CVs for many of my friends. Not everyone can draft a good CV and I do not see a crime if you have to pay for one.

The fact that an individual cannot draft a good CV does not translate to incompetence.

Beware of Dogmatic Talkersl

Many visions are not realized because of strong, dogmatic people. To be absolutely certain about something, one must either know everything or nothing about it. Most of the time, the dogmatist knows nothing but conventionally says something.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
kulgee001:

Surely you are being antagonistic.

Firstly, professional CV writing is not a new venture. Maybe it is to you. So I can excuse you on that.
Secondly, your post is full of spelling errors right even from the title. Reasons why professional CV writing is required by some.
Thirdly, if you had researched PushCV, you would have known that they've been around for sometime before they came up with this brilliant idea to help unemployed Nigerians. If you go through their site, you would see that they have done a lot of work to help young Nigerians develop the skills required to succeed in their job hunt and like this Elite employee thingy, most are FREE.

Please endeavor to do a good research on matters before making an effort to discredit other people's hard work.

And Nairaland, which craze man take this thing go front page? How can you guys here at Nairaland not know better. I'm appalled.
naturally I dont like joining issues with people like you who always fail to make issue-based argument. I suppose you are so pained that, rather than look at the issues I raised, you instead wasted your time making fallacious statements.

If indeed you were reasonable and objective enough, you would have deciphered easily that discrediting/applauding the organizers of the elite program wasn't my direct or remote objective (I didnt come to any conclusion). They were mere observations.

For the avoidance of doubts, I wasn't of the opinion that charging a certain amount of money to draft a professional CV for anyone is a bad thing. Hence, I didnt in any way discourage anyone from contracting them if they so wished to get a Professional CV. I only felt it (the CV billing) may be the primary purpose of the program in the first place. Until that is proven not to be so, peeps should trend carefully with them.

NB: Please do not hesitate again to point out how many spelling errors were discernible from the afore post cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Appswheel(m): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dear Friend, what is it with you and the ages of the founders?

How old is the founder of facebook? How old is seun founder of Nairaland

The influence these young men have is not tied to numbers (their age)

Great things are not done by age. So you want them to wait until they are 65 years old to make a difference. Please you need to drop this mentality, it is not healthy.

Beware of Dogmatic Talkersl

Many visions are not realized because of strong, dogmatic people. To be absolutely certain about something, one must either know everything or nothing about it. Most of the time, the dogmatist knows nothing but conventionally says something.

asfalol:
PUSH CV LOL

My people, I wonder! So I thought too. I was a bit skeptical about the package, so I decided to take a clinical consideration of the whole thing.

I am not writing this to discourage anyone but just to keep us informed about the thingy.

What I did was to check out the profile of the founder/CEO of PushCV, Somto Ifezue. I was able to trace his profile to linkedin.com and I was amazed at what I saw. Somto Ifezue is a 23-year old young man and 2012 graduate of Covenant University Ota. In his linkedin network I saw other colleagues of his who are titled "co-founder" at PushCV, while others are either founder or CEO or MD at other firms or companies they formed themselves, and I wonder. I called some Covenant University alumni in my office to it and they told me they know some of them while at the university. They are all young men and ladies (20 - 25 years old) who graduated between 2011 - 2013.

Clever and innovative entrepreneurs they are, and I celebrate them for breaking the internet this time. I see those guys ruling the business world someday, but that's a talk for another day.

The thing got our blood rushing. You can imagine a big bros like myself forming serious candidate while taking the online tests. They gave me a certificate and awarded me some points after taking the first stage test. I decided to quite the process at the second test after I did the linkedin profile check, because I sensed they are test-running their business idea with our career interests.

I observed they create CV for job seekers, but I doubt what they claim to represent this time; "Elite CV Quest". I wonder what clients those guys have that can satisfy this pool of candidates they're pulling. I wonder! lol grin
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by lagrangea: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
I am not sure if I'm the only one that noticed the sponsors of this PushCv miasma.... Air tel... Proud sponsor.. That should tell yhu sumfin... go get a life haterz... If it finally works those yhu've dissuaded will certainly have yhu for dinner.. Have fun
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Umejiaku87(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
PushCV is a service that provides unlimited access to pre-screened and fully tested candidates for top employers and recruitment agencies. Can be likened to Jobberman among others. About the CV, when you feel your CV isn't professional enough, you can subscribe for their services for a fee. You absolutely made no sense on this lengthy write up.
hammer2010:

Peace

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
eleko1:
grin undecided angry :-XAnti lie/scam detector.U still owe me for the 5 wraps of Those thing u buy

cheesy cheesy awaniyen... It's 15 wraps, not 5.... grin grin
No kobalise me oo, before people begin think sey na wraps of ehmmmm lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Umejiaku87(m): 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2015
What is the connection with Nigeria changing and Pushcv?
samplanner:
exactly my thought. as far as I'm concern there is no one true acceptable format of a CV worldwide. all I know is that there are hundreds of CV formats worldwide and the best thing is that your CV should convey the information they need to know about you simple. Nigeria will hardly change.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MizMyColi(f): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
ideologies:

This is very immature.

You know....
I actually concur with you.

This is bad PR.
They've done nothing yet that indicates they are fraudulent.

There was an option to download your own CV.
I did that, but later deleted because I want to use something different.

Some folks sef and their myopic thinking.
Have you been to that website to see how flawless stuff there is?

Where Una suppose open eye, Una nor open.

I'm just coming from GtB.
I went to pay 1k.

I was even thinking of adding 500 because of the quality of work on the website.

If it turns out I was scammed, well they did a good job.

They didn't ask me to pay for the elite programme, they asked me to pay for cv restructuring, which I am doing because I want to compare with what I have currently and make changes where necessary.

If they don't deliver said CV, then this kind of thread is free to run amok, but until then, it should be taken down from FP.....for posterity's sake

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by davide470(m): 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm just coming from GtB.
I went to pay 1k.

I was even thinking of adding 500 because of the --------

Have you heard of internet Banking.. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GTB Graduate Trainee Recruitment / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.