Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings (43956 Views)

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job On Push CV?? / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MizMyColi(f): 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
Umejiaku87:
PushCV is a service that provides unlimited access to pre-screened and fully tested candidates for top employers and recruitment agencies. Can be likened to Jobberman among others. About the CV, when you feel your CV isn't professional enough, you can subscribe for their services for a fee. You absolutely made no sense on this lengthy write up.

Dittoedsmiley
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MizMyColi(f): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
davide470:
Have you heard of internet Banking.. cheesy

Of kess I havegrin

My mobile banking phone is bad.
I don't have my token yet.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by eleko1: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy awaniyen... It's 15 wraps, not 5.... grin grin
No kobalise me oo, before people begin think sey na wraps of ehmmmm lipsrsealed undecided
undecided wetin consign pipu with wot u chop undecided
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Okwula: 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2015
Select
I want PushCV to
Create a professional CV & Upload it for me.
Select
CV Tips
Presentation is Key
Always remember the CV hotspot – the upper middle area of the first page is where the recruiter's eye will naturally fall, so make sure you include your most important information there.
Stick to no more than two pages of A4
Most recruiters will make a judgment about a CV within seconds, so stick to a maximum of two pages of A4 paper.
Understand the Job Description
The clues are in the job application, so read the details from start to finish. For example, ifthe job in question requires someone with sales experience, there's nothing stopping you from using any retail work; It will demonstrate the skills you do have and show how they're transferable.
Tailor the CV to the Role
When you've established what the job entails and how you can match each requirement, create a CV specifically for that role; adapt the details so they're relevant.
Making the most of Interests
Under interests, highlight the interests that show offskills you've gained and employers look for. Describe any examples of positions of responsibility, working in a team or anything that shows you can use your own initiative. Include anything that shows how diverse, interested and skilled you are. Don't include passive interests like watching TV, solitary hobbies that can be perceived as you lacking in people skills. Make yourself sound really interesting.
Do not spend too much time listing your leisurely pursuits, 3- 4 should suffice; Be truthful about your interests, to avoid any potential embarrassment at interview stage; Don’t rely on your hobbies and interests to try to “save” a badly written CV.
Making the most of Experience
Use assertive and positive language under the work history and experience sections, such as "developed", "organised" or "achieved". Really get to grips with the valuable skills and experience you have gained from past work positions, even if it was just working in a restaurant – every little helps. Do not overlist. 3-4 points under each work experience is enough
Including References
References should be from someone who has employed you in the past and can vouch for your skills and experience. If you've never worked before you're OK to use a teacher or tutor as a referee. Try to include two ifyou can.
Keep your CV Updated
It's crucial to review your CV on a regular basis and add any new skills or experience that's missing. For example, ifyou've just done some volunteering or worked on a new project, make sure they're on there – potential employers are always impressed with candidates who go the extra mile to boost their own skills and experience.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
eleko1:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided wetin consign pipu with wot u chop undecided

Chopping different from sniffing ooo
When you say wraps, you know what Nigerians think of ooo lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy awaniyen... It's 15 wraps, not 5.... grin grin
No kobalise me oo, before people begin think sey na wraps of ehmmmm lipsrsealed undecided
don't cry foul.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
ROCKHARDDK:
In my own stance I received a confirmation towards the next level haven completed the first, but to my surprise I haven't got any email with any such link to access a second level platform. Both phone and email are perfectly working

You dont need another mail, go to their site and complete stage 2.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

don't cry foul.

Huh undecided
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by chizoba01: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=siegfried99 post=32007499]Hammer so u can talk like this?
Hi people, yes am now convinced this push Cv of a thing is a Scam! It's a Big fraud pls u people should tell whoever applied not to pay a dime to them! Out of curiosity, I wanted to ascertain how genuine this program could be! I decide to take the risk to sacrifice N1000 to order a CV! Let me see the world they can write for me& also to compare& contrast what they have to offer me to what I already have! So I paid the money& they replied to acknowledge receipt of payment and they said they will call me to get more information from me if I have any, to add to what I've filled in the stage 2(cos the stage 2 is basically ur career datas) and also told me to call this no (08099421000) if I want to make any inquiries or speak with their representative, I've bin calling the no for days now, nobody is picking, I've tried calling with my other lines and my friends fones it's either busy or no response! Its bin 2days since I paid the money I haven't gotten any call,text or mail from them to ask me what type of CV I want or if I want to add more info! So am glad, that it's been confirmed that it's a scheme! So take note all of u, who applied!
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by PRODUTIM1(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
O ga ni naija! Push cv e ku ise o!
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by kulgee001(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
hammer2010:
naturally I dont like joining issues with people like you who always fail to make issue-based argument. I suppose you are so pained that, rather than look at the issues I raised, you instead wasted your time making fallacious statements.

If indeed you were reasonable and objective enough, you would have deciphered easily that discrediting/applauding the organizers of the elite program wasn't my direct or remote objective (I didnt come to any conclusion). They were mere observations.

For the avoidance of doubts, I wasn't of the opinion that charging a certain amount of money to draft a professional CV for anyone is a bad thing. Hence, I didnt in any way discourage anyone from contracting them if they so wished to get a Professional CV. I only felt it (the CV billing) may be the primary purpose of the program in the first place. Until that is proven not to be so, peeps should trend carefully with them.

NB: Please do not hesitate again to point out how many spelling errors were discernible from the afore post cheesy

SMH! Best of luck with whatever it is you think you want to achieve with your initial post.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by abiambo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
i uploaded my CV and while doing that, i was given advice on what to do and what to avoid. so i see nothing bad in there. BTW before the first stage it was clearly stated that the program was free except you wanted them to write a CV for you. which they have just done so i see no reason what so ever to be wary about it.. as for me its just fun and learning for now and if they give us jobs in the end good if not good too for the experience.
hammer2010:
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Sanpearl(f): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Honestly, after the stage 2, I uploaded my CV weather professional or not dts their business cos am nt gonna pay any dime. And this is my certificate below..
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by eleko1: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
U have got mama P @ ur side/back gidigba.She'll gladly interpret the meaning
VickyRotex:

Chopping different from sniffing ooo
When you say wraps, you know what Nigerians think of ooo lipsrsealed undecided
No shaking cool.Common Akamu/Eko,u call am stuff undecided
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by agrovick(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzCorleone:
Well said!
Sunshine and the flowers jealous of the power of u gal cheesy BTW, Are u a gangster? This ur moniker seems to say u are tongue
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
eleko1:
U have got mama P @ ur side/back gidigba.She'll gladly interpret the meaningNo shaking cool.Common Akamu/Eko,u call am stuff undecided

shocked sad Ahn ahn

Na only me and you know sey na eko na... sad
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=chizoba01 post=32057913][/quote]

Are you sure of what you are saying
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MzCorleone(f): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
agrovick:

Sunshine and the flowers jealous of the power of u gal cheesy BTW, Are u a gangster? This ur moniker seems to say u are tongue
Thanks

Am no gangster,just love the name cheesy
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
DaPhilosopher:
You are on point bro! I wont pay a dime for this PushCV 'journey'! I uploaded my CV and it is, according to me, a 'PROFESSIONAL' CVgrin
Smart move ma broda....U acted 'professional'

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by jayque2: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Philadelphia:
But wait @Op and @all. Na force dem force una participate? undecided
Wats ur problm? Pple r thinking instead of u 2 commend dem u r talkin like one wtout ako na uche..u beta look b4 u leap

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by prelinctus: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
How can people be this shallow? Your cv contains personal information. It is unwise for you to upload your cv to an online firm without signing any privacy agreement.

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by richard870(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
I truncated my registration immediately I saw 'order'....its obvious the organizers are well organized IT fraudsters out to dupe unsuspecting youths#ShineYourEyes#

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
When I saw the level of broadcast given to this "push CV" of a thing. I laughed. I knew some gullible Nigerians will fall into dre trick. It's an organised Scam. It looks real but they will at the end rob peter to pay Paul (the Paul in question might be one of the organisers). I work in the oil and gas arena and am 100 percent sure my company and its technical associates will never request cv from the so called push CV. It's a modified Jobberman, avenue for cleaners and labourers to get job. Guys , dream big and let ur dream scare you. Forget them or play along but ensure that u don't pay a dime even if u are under dre spell.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
hammer2010:
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

Thanks OP God bless you, don't mind them scammers everywhere not only pushcv drawcv sef!
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Sketch007(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
Push-CV is a modified version of Jobberman & Career 24.

I find it pointless contesting with 10 million Nigerians.

Xactly !! .. Dint go further after a careful study.. All da best 2 y'all who are still applying .
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by agrovick(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzCorleone:
Thanks

Am no gangster,just love the name cheesy
Cool, was teasing u with the gangster thing though. So I'm guessing u'v seen/read the Godfather.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by smartmom(f): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Maybe it is to avoid common mistakes that most young people make in spellings like the spelling of wary instead of warry on your topic.

Anyway, since you have 2 options, choose the one that favours or pleases you.
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MzCorleone(f): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
agrovick:

Cool, was teasing u with the gangster thing though. So I'm guessing u'v seen/read the Godfather.
I've seen the movie smiley
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
kulgee001:

SMH! Best of luck with whatever it is you think you want to achieve with your initial post.
You dont just get it do you? Create awareness and provoke people's thought: that mission has already been accomplished cool
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by agrovick(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzCorleone:
I've seen the movie smiley
Nice, try to see Gotham if u haven't, it's a TV series grin
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MzCorleone(f): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
agrovick:

Nice, try to see Gotham if u haven't, it's a TV series grin
ok,what is it like and how many seasons does it have?
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Philadelphia: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
jayque2:

Wats ur problm? Pple r thinking instead of u 2 commend dem u r talkin like one wtout ako na uche..u beta look b4 u leap
Na force to commend? You were not forced na? Or were you. I think you are the one who needs ako na uche.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission.,fct..... / 17 Best-paying Jobs In Nigeria / See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.