Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings (43930 Views)

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job On Push CV?? / Do You Know Of Anyone That Has Gotten A Job Through Push Cv? / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Merlissa(f): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
You do have a point..

we are asked to pay 1000 for a professional CV which we can download and its also gives 12 months of unlimited change to our CV

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by StPete: 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nothing goes for free in Nigeria. It’s a strategy for the organizers to make money as they have equally put in their time and effort in creating the platform.

Besides, I don’t think the Push Cv program is designed to give anyone automatic employment. I think that at the end of all the different phases, it’s just an avenue for organizations or corporate bodies looking to hire to probably pick from an array of CVs that best fits their openings.

Do not put all your eggs in one basket...

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by samplanner(m): 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
exactly my thought. as far as I'm concern there is no one true acceptable format of a CV worldwide. all I know is that there are hundreds of CV formats worldwide and the best thing is that your CV should convey the information they need to know about you simple. Nigeria will hardly change.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Philadelphia: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
But wait @Op and @all. Na force dem force una participate? undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
Merlissa:
You do have a point..

we are asked to pay 1000 for a professional CV which we can download and its also gives 12 months of unlimited change to our CV
by implication, they are assuming that you might still be unemployed for this period of time

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
StPete:
Nothing goes for free in Nigeria. It’s a strategy for the organizers to make money as they have equally put in their time and effort in creating the platform.

Besides, I don’t think the Push Cv program is designed to give anyone automatic employment. I think that at the end of all the different phases, it’s just an avenue for organizations or corporate bodies looking to hire to probably pick from an array of CVs that best fits their openings.

Do not put all your eggs in one basket...
not against anyone making money. If at all, that should have waited for a latter stage dont you think so

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia:
But wait @Op and @all. Na force dem force una participate? undecided
no sir, hope you have gotten your reply now smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
samplanner:
exactly my thought. as far as I'm concern there is no one true acceptable format of a CV worldwide. all I know is that there are hundreds of CV formats worldwide and the best thing is that your CV should convey the information they need to know about you simple. Nigeria will hardly change.
its saddening to say the least. We will get there some day... i hope
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by DaPhilosopher(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
You are on point bro! I wont pay a dime for this PushCV 'journey'! I uploaded my CV and it is, according to me, a 'PROFESSIONAL' CVgrin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
DaPhilosopher:
You are on point bro! I wont pay a dime for this PushCV 'journey'! I uploaded my CV and it is, according to me, a 'PROFESSIONAL' CVgrin
Telling you bro. They almost made me feel my CV wasn't professional enough, after reading through the FAQs
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by ammyxx(f): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
hammer2010:
Just thought it wise and necessary to draw our attention to the on-going Push-CV recruitment/selection/elite programe quest.

Firstly, I must admit that I am the kind person who always critically look at situations, no matter who is involved. Even if the said situation involves my own pastor in the church, I dont just take it in hook, line, and sinker, without firstly examining it critically and objectively, in order to decipher the merits or otherwise.

Now when the Push-CV elite program advert was making the rounds on almost every social platform I came accross, by intuition, I initially had my doubts about the credibility of the program ( is there really any free launch in this part of the world? What is more, the adverts where comparable to that on the dreaded ebola virus). But then, I as always, relunctantly gave in to preasure from reasons and peers, and applied.

To make it short, I have since passed the initial stage (I believe it so, atleast for now) and proceeded to the second stage where you need to key in your educational information and the likes.

My attention was particularly drawn to the part where I was suppose to upload a CV. There were two options for this category: upload already created CV (recommended for professionals), and order a CV from us (conveniently recommended for the large army of students, Pre-NYSC, Post NYSC). Out of curiosity, I clicked on the second option just to be sure that I understood what they meant by the word "order." You already know the rest.

Now, that is the first part where I am joining issues with those behind this program. Come to think of how they took their time to give very compelling reasons why you should order a CV from them, got me thinking. Wouldnt it have been ideal if they gave tips (to those who for one reason or the other can not draft a good CV) on how best to prepare a good CV, rather than just cook a CV for a candidate?

Since its a program designed to make an unemployed person employable, how is this going to be possible if one (those who cant draft a good CV) doesnt even know the very fundamentals of a good CV drafting?

May be I am being unnecesarilly antagonistic here, but I still think it wont cost us a dime to punder on these few critical points befor going to pay a thousand naira to anyone.

Peace

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by prelinctus: 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
Scam of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by prelinctus: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
@hammer2010, were you required to sign a privacy agreement before uploading your cv? I guess not. Forget it, they've got you. tongue

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
Finally, someone is reasoning with me...

I knew there'd be something fishy, the moment they started saying send this link to people bla bla..

Lots of people are participating, both students, employed and unemployed. So I really wonder how they intend handling such.

Never even knew they were gonna start asking for payment to use their so called Pro CV...

Btw I doubt if any Nigerian would make such payment.
If you are someone who is eager to get a job, I believe you must have gotten a well written CV that would attract any employer.

So peeps, abeg, if your gonna continue with the push CV stuff, get a good CV on your own, there are free online websites that can guide you. Having a healthy Self esteem is all that matters. Trust yourself.

Tried doing the stage 2 today but along the line had network issues. Gonna try it again. But as for payment? Nahh... I'll upload my Pro CV grin Id keep playing along, we never can tell. wink

But please dont put your eggs in one basket. Cheers smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
prelinctus:
@hammer2010, were you required to sign a privacy agreement before uploading your cv? I guess not. Forget it, they've got you. tongue
hahahahaha... really cheesy
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
VickyRotex:

I knew there'd be something fishy, the moment they started saying send this link to people bla bla..

Lots of people are participating, both student, employed and unemployed. So I really wonder how they intend handling such.

Never even knew they were gonna start asking for payment to use their so called Pro CV...

If you are someone who is eager to get a job, I believe you must have gotten a well written CV that would attract any employer.

So peeps, abeg, if your gonna continue with the push CV stuff, get a good CV on your own, there are free online websites that can guide you. Having a healthy Self esteem is all that matters. Trust yourself.

Tried doing the stage 2 today but along the line had network issues. Gonna try it again. But as for payment? Nahh... I'll upload my Pro CV grin Id keep playing along, we never can tell. wink

Playing along it is oh. Just felt I should awaken our consciousness before we cry fowl
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Acidosis(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Push-CV is a modified version of Jobberman & Career 24.

I find it pointless contesting with 10 million Nigerians.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
hammer2010:

Playing along it is oh. Just felt I should awaken our consciousness before we cry fowl

Yea, its good you did....
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Topic like this might not make front page
but if eventually...
It is not to discourage the organiser but a sign that most have lost hope the country and no one to trust anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by HooxJnr(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
@Op, I love the way you presented your points objectively. I wish Nigerians can reason like you when it comes to politics.

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
HooxJnr:
@Op, I love the way you presented your points objectively. I wish Nigerians can reason like you when it comes to politics.
thanks for the kind words. Its unfortunate politics in this country is still sadly fraught with primordial sentiments

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by naturalwaves: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
I have a friend who knows those behind this push cv thing and she told me they aren't different from ICSL and co. They get contract staff for companies,you can't get a solid appointment from them. The difference between them and similar companies is that they have a better package than others with the way they advertised their thing.Aside that, no difference, they are just gonna have a large database of probable employees and see who fits in when there is a contact appointment . Nothing more!

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by eleko1: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
lipsrsealed grin U dey play smart make them nor come scam U abi?
VickyRotex:

Lots of people are participating, both student, employed and unemployed. So I really wonder how they intend handling such.

Oya,com pay for the Akara and Pap wey u chop yesterday undecided undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
eleko1:
lipsrsealed grin U dey play smart make them nor come scam U abi?Oya,com pay for the Akara and Pap wey u chop yesterday undecided undecided lipsrsealed

Hehehhee before nko cheesy Awon corporate scammers lo poju sad

Ehmmm Eleko, that Akara no sweet na, na why i no pay you... I go pay for pap tomorrow sha undecided lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by MzCorleone(f): 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
VickyRotex:

Well said!

3 Likes

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by VickyRotex(f): 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
MzCorleone:
Well said!

Thank you smiley
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by GAINltd: 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
I agree with a good number of you who believe writing your CV on your own is a good way to build ones self/ esteem.

Wishing you all best of luck in the real world. It indeed is tough and whether you are being charged for it or not, recruiters do have their foot one step closer than you do.

Visit our blog at www.gainrecruitment..com for HR insights. We won't charge you (yet tongue lol) and we sure do share resume/CV writing tips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by siegfried99(m): 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hammer so u can talk like this? grin

Na wa oo
Re: Please Be Warry Of Push-cv Schemings by KillerBeauty(f): 1:05am On Mar 26, 2015
I've been a subscriber to push cv from its inception. Then they use to mail me to get a professional cv with them for a fee almost everyweek. I usually delete their mail. Then they started this things where we need to answer some riddles to get hotel jobs, after answering all the questions I didn't hear from them again. No mail, nothing. I just figure they are money hungry fellows preying on young Nigerians. Didn't even bother applying for the employee quest thing sef

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly / Life Savings Of 250k / Federal Civil Service Commission.,fct.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.