Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today (64647 Views)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by hotgunz(m): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2015
don't worry
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by djeezy(m): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2015
That's too bad. You may reapply as a tourist.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lmao! eyha! sorry swiri.
countries like usa, canada, london, spain etc hardly accept nigerians.
tip: nxt time u wanna apply 4 visa again, tell ur cousin over there 2 send an invitation letter. if u get it and show the visa ppl, ur chances of getting visa are higher wink
since uve change dat ur former sexual pics to dis new beautiful one, y dnt u change ur username to beautifulAngelina?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2015
Home is my home, sweet is my home...i don't know why Nigerians are crazy about that idolatrous country(USA).

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by oluwarantimi(f): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2015
you could have ask why you were been denied........
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Dreyl(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Sorry but you are not smart.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lmao! eyha! sorry swiri.
countries like usa, canada, london, spain etc hardly accept nigerians.
tip: nxt time u wanna apply 4 visa again, tell ur cousin over there 2 send an invitation letter. if u get it and show the visa ppl, ur chances of getting visa are higher wink
Lol..u sound experienced.. Travelled b4?
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by kaylechy(m): 7:20am On Mar 26, 2015
Chai!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by spaggyy(m): 7:21am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
I thought it is when they ask of any documents (like invitation letter) that I will present it, but she neva ask of any document yet. First thing is just d questions, infact most applicants did not present doc, just d questions before any documents.
Howeva now I don't know where ny fault is.
next time the VO asked you what you are going there to do just say" I got an invitation letter from my cousin" and then VO will ask to see the invitation letter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by maestroz: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2015
funstufz:

eewoooooooo, sorry ooo
Just like that in less than 5minutes..........
Money don go be that undecided undecided
When will the Green Passport get respect again my people....

...when GMB is elected president
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
This is my experience at US embassy in Lagos today. At window 1
VO: where are u going in Us
Response: am going to Chicago in illinios
VO: what are you going there for
Response: I want to visit ny cousin over there.
VO:how long are u staying there
Response: just for 2 weeks
VO: what do u do heere
Response: I work as a manager in a cleaning compaany
VO: how much do u earn
Response: 180k afta tax
VO: Are you married?
Response: Yes with a kid.
VO: have you travelled before?
Response: No.
VO: Put your fingerprint there.
VO: Thank you for coming you can re-apply some other time. Take this paper and read it thank you.
Response: thank you

It seems you went without an orientation¿

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ige101(m): 7:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Sorry
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by stevewale(m): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2015
I guess ur pay, ur travel history & possibly ur work's name doesnt ring bell ... are d red flags here

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Misogynist2014(m): 7:24am On Mar 26, 2015
Cool disgrace. cool
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by litetias(m): 7:24am On Mar 26, 2015
180K after tax, OP u be big boy but that salary level I think is not enough for you to be globetrotting. That's their thinking I guess

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by UnknownT: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2015
2 weeks no be 'just' oh!
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by chimchim1(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2015
D easıest way ıs to look for a conference to attend ın the usa. I have amerıcan vısa 4 myself, wıfe n my daughter tru same means. Its very easy n make sure u have ınvıtatıon letter then ur famıly members can accompany u. And ın ur applıcatıon never state dt u have relatıon ın d usa.
trendyindian:
Dear Consulate,

. I was denied my bi/b2 visa today cry. I told the consulate I am married with 2kids and I will be going for 3 weeks to see my nephew I have not seen for a long time.

She asked me why I was travelling alone nd I told her my kids r in school. But I was denied.

I need your help to advise me on what to do cos am thinking of reapplying with my kids and husband asap for Christmas holiday. Cos I noticed all applicants that came with der kids nd husband were given visa.

1. my problem is when I re apply will I be the main applicant while my husband nd kids will be dependant?

2. Should I use hotel reservation or I should use the same relative (my uncle) as my contact person.

kindly help me cos I need to start asap.

thank you.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ige101(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2015
maestroz:

...when GMB is elected president

That will be like waiting forever, I think Gej can turn everything around wen voted in again

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Profitboss(m): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2015
There's more to B1/B2 visa.
No 1. Your confidence level go a long way in proceeding with the interviewer/getting a visa.
No 2. You need to pass the 1st stage of questioning b4 proceeding to d next stage of presenting doc.
No 3. You u are prove u av a better paid job/good biz back home in naija that wud substantiate ur returning back at d right time.
No 4. You need to proof u are coming to US contribute to d economy(spending ur cash) and not just come visit/sleep/ and return.
No. 5. Going as a family depends on ur pocket/and ur status back home.
No 6, Event like conference, medical check up, schooling, and attending party wud help rather than just visit family member.
No. 7, With 180k monthly and no more income isn't sufficient enough to back ties back home.
No. 8, you need concrete evidence of you will be returning, i.e. Newly promoted at work, letter of intro from ur coy, viable biz back home that need ur attention.
No. 9, I feel hotel booking is more valuable than family IV( even if u av families out there)
Dis are my own little observation and contribution, because I am once a culprit too.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Legalaffairs(m): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2015
The worst is US changed their website Yet they are still using the old one for appointment booking. If you submit your application through the old website it will still go through without any redirectory message or error alert atleast to tip you off on the mistake.

if you eventually get to the embassy they will turn you back from the gate with a notice that your application is not with them.

Even as u were not attended to in any official or formal form you will be told that your application fee has gone. Countries like Japan asks for your visa fee of 4k after they are sure u qualify for their visa. Somw countries have a lower visa rate for kids and senior citizens...all these are not obtainable in US embassy. Not fair at all

11 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by englishmart(m): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2015
which one come be ouch again?
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 26, 2015
almajirimallam:
Home is my home, sweet is my home...i don't know why Nigerians are crazy about that idolatrous country(USA).
do u even know wat ure saying? if uve being to south africa or senegal den u will undastand wat d word develop country is, nt to mention d U.K or U.S.A.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by englishmart(m): 7:28am On Mar 26, 2015
justi4jesu:

Sleep typing i guess, locate the politics section angry
in this period, every section is a political section grincheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by jaybee3(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2015
spaggyy:
next time the VO asked you what you are going there to do just say" I got an invitation letter from my cousin" and then VO will ask to see the invitation letter
He probably got denied because of the following reasons:

He earns just a lil over $800 per month <= not enough money considering he has two dependants

He has no travel history <= a big red flag after the insufficient income has been taken into account

He has family ties in America<= he is most likely not going to come back after taking the first two points into consideration

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by onatisi(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
I thought it is when they ask of any documents (like invitation letter) that I will present it, but she neva ask of any document yet. First thing is just d questions, infact most applicants did not present doc, just d questions before any documents.
Howeva now I don't know where ny fault is.
you didn't do anything wrong. If you had presented all those papers without the vo asking for it ppl will still blame you for not waiting for her to ask. The point is she just didn't want to give u. But my question is have u applied before ?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by OtunbaFestus(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
VO: Thank you for coming you can re-apply some other time. Take this paper and read it thank you.

The simple truth of your refusal are just two reasons.
1, You've never travelled of out Nigeria before and wish to go on a twelve hrs journey to meet your cousin for two weeks holiday. Obudu cattle ranch is close by and its better than the long distance.
2, You are married with a kid and you want to leave them behind, its obvious your intent is to go without returning.

If you need visa advice, will gladly dish it out.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Austeenite(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2015
This is just too badt...@ Op, take heart n don't stop trying smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 26, 2015
Royals1:
LMAO! Eyah sorry oo. But I don't see anything wrong that made them reject your appication.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ikombe: 7:32am On Mar 26, 2015
Nigerians brought this upon themselfs. Stupid nigerians who go dere to carry drugs, 80% of the international prisoners dat are there are nigerians, most painfull aspect is that 65% out of the 85% are igbos. Though am an igbo boy , but we keep on causing insults to our country.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.