Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

How To Be Single And Happy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Be Single And Happy (23342 Views)

Why U Should Be Single / Is It Possible For A Girl That Her Ass Shakes To Be Single / Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
Being single is not anything to be ashamed about in our age!Being single at any age can be challenging in a world that seems to place so much importance on finding the love of your life and becoming a couple. The whole world seems to be geared up to support you in this quest.There is very little support given to those who are consciously choosing to be spend time alone, learning to enjoy their own company and the creativity it sparks. There is always a wrong perception to un-partnered people which looks ridiculous to me,especially since more and more people are realising that the partnerships they formed early in life, have failed to pass the tests of time and they themselves are now living the single life. Here are five tips for making the most of being single.

1. Relax
Your singledom will not last a lifetime. Well, it will if it is meant to but this is a very rare karma. The worst thing you can do is panic and think you have to find someone immediately or your life is over. This air of desperation is by far the most debilitating energy to bring into a new relationship with yourself or with anyone new for that matter. It makes you blind to obvious red flags, signs to wrong choice and puts you in all kinds of compromising situations.
So once again - take a breath. Be happy grin to have been given this special opportunity to get to know yourself grin Look at it this way — if you are uncomfortable spending time alone with yourself, what makes you think anyone else will feel comfortable spending time with you? This can be quite a challenge to someone that has continuously filled up their lives with someone else only to discover that they really don't know or like themselves at all. Having a relationship with yourself is exactly like having a relationship with someone else. You have to be supportive, caring, understanding, and yes, you have to learn to listen and communicate with yourself and your inner guidance. Sometimes the only way to get you to listen to yourself is to force this "time alone" upon you.

2.Give yourself a chance
Being happy alone does not happen overnight especially if you are a recovering codependent. There will be times that you feel like you're invisible, no one will ever love you, you're wasting your life, your life is passing you by... and a whole lot of other negative self talk. The best thing to do is to take yourself for a walk or — even better — on a date. Learn how to cheer yourself up. The better you get at being alone, the better you will be at being in a relationship. For some it is extremely difficult to cater to your own needs. Are you one of these people that will happily cook if someone is over at your place but cook noodles if your alone, or cook fried rice for your girlfriend while you sip garri if alone? Make the effort to cook for yourself. Seriously, this is one of the most self loving things you can do for yourself. Cook yourself something new each week, each day even. You deserve it!

3.Take charge of your reality and give up all that envy
Stop worrying about everyone else around you getting into relationships, and thinking that you need to as well. All those happy couples in movies and TV shows are the fabrications of Hollywood,Nollywood,bollywood and all the "woods" you can think of, writers designed to sell tickets and get high TV ratings. Real couples have messy lives—they fight, leave the bathroom dirty and steal the remote from each other. Give up those unrealistic fantasies of your 'soulmate', and notice how most people around you are just regular folk - good people, but not magical heroes who fix each others' lives. And stop thinking the unimaginable

4.Realize that you are still lucky and fortunate. Many people around the world are either: chronically ill, homeless, living in poverty, starving, fleeing from warfare, and have no personal freedoms due to dictatorships. If you think you are not lucky because you are single, think again!. People in those aforementioned conditions have it harder than you! (However, if you unable to feel happy in spite of recognising your luck, you may need to meet with a counsellor to discuss the possibility that you have clinical depression or a similar illness) I can offer you a counselling if you wish wink
5.Meet new people Not necessarily for romantic reasons, just to expand your support community. If you are consciously attempting to stay out of relationships for a designated time period, you will still need people to share your life with. Friendships are paramount. Where would we be without our friends? Truly alone. No friends? Are you friendly? Do you make an effort to say hello and meet new people? Perhaps you need some help with overcoming shyness. It is always us that separates ourselves from others. Take responsibility for who you are or are not attracting into your life and make the necessary changes to attract some solid friends. No Mr n Mrs tidy alone my guy stinggy knows better

Above all Become an optimist, This is a trait that helps you whether you are single, married, divorced or widowed! Keep a gratitude diary and every night think of 3 things you are grateful for. Find the silver lining in everything throughout your day, and savor little pleasures. You'll live longer, make it through tough times more smoothly, and even avoid the common cold more often!

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by sexylogan(m): 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
#5 is so true
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by theorbiters: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Yea, #truth.
I think life is more about Living than Surviving.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
sexylogan:
#5 is so true
now now wey I post something u don read am finish shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by dharay99: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
the numb 5 is best, odaz, taaah...
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by sexylogan(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
dharay99:
the numb 5 is best, odaz, taaah...

harrysterol:
now now wey I post something u don read am finish shocked

yup.
Can't you see someone else is agreeing with me that #5 really makes sense?
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by asdfjklhaha(f): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
sexylogan:

yup.
Can't you see someone else is agreeing with me that #5 really makes sense?
yea I see grin
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
dharay99:
the numb 5 is best, odaz, [size=15pt]taaah.[/size]..
grin cheesy y na
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by dharay99: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
harrysterol:
grin cheesy y na

cus iv tasted it b4, single life n its still d best to me...

Free will mahn.
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
dharay99:

cus iv tasted it b4, single life n its still d best to me...

Free will mahn.
is always the best ask the divorced men grin
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
y do guys like being single....sm peepz see it as loneliness sha

1 Like

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
harrysterol:
5.Meet new people[/color] Not necessarily for romantic reasons, just to expand your support community. If you are consciously attempting to stay out of relationships for a designated time period, you will still need people to share your life with. Friendships are paramount. Where would we be without our friends? Truly alone. No friends? Are you friendly? Do you make an effort to say hello and meet new people? Perhaps you need some help with overcoming shyness. It is always us that separates ourselves from others. Take responsibility for who you are or are not attracting into your life and make the necessary changes to attract some solid friends. No Mr n Mrs tidy alone my guy stinggy knows better.

This is my best point too.
It's never all about dating. We need all the good friends we can ever make.
Tameera come and read this wink
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by RottenTomato: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
Op, ur post make sense o!
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
RottenTomato:
Op, ur post make sense o!
thanks but since no be tonto post the mods no go do d needful lipsrsealed smh
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by tameera(f): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
stinggy:

This is my best point too.
It's never all about dating. We need all the good friends we can ever make.
Tameera come and read this wink

lol.....

Have seen it ooo
But that can only be done when you meet sincere people...BTW

finally got your mail, just came in now! and yes, I wouldn't mind
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
tameera:

lol.....

Have seen it ooo
But that can only be done when you meet sincere people...BTW

finally got your mail, just came in now! and yes, I wouldn't mind

But how do you know if a person is sincere by staring from afar? It's all a gamble.

Ok, can you respond to it then?
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by Debbielam(f): 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
best way to be single nd happy is to be handy....learn things that will help u make money in the future....so wen u start making ur dough some sorry ass guy wont come around acting like all u need from them is their sorry ass money
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by tameera(f): 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
stinggy:

But how do you know if a person is sincere by staring from afar? It's all a gamble.

can't reply tho

my email has issues
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
tameera:

can't reply tho

my email has issues

Ohh, which 18th century mail provider are you on na? grin grin lmao...

How do we go about it bae? embarassed
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by tameera(f): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
stinggy:

Ohh, which 18th century mail provider are you on na? grin grin lmao...

How do we go about it bae? embarassed

lol...you won't understand!

How was you day hope it went well
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
tameera:

lol...you won't understand!

How was you day hope it went well

Went fine, how's your too?
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by tameera(f): 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
stinggy:

Went fine, how's your too
lemma know when you get this so as to edit

I've gotten it

it was good
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
tameera:

I've gotten it

it was good

Slept all day again today?
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by nanauju(f): 12:27am On Mar 27, 2015
Being single is that time u need to fall in love with yourself. U definitely won't break ur own heart...talking from my own experience

1 Like

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2015
stinggy:

my nigga looking for sincere friends since time immemorial grin

1 Like

Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2015
Debbielam:
best way to be single nd happy is to be handy....learn things that will help u make money in the future....so wen u start making ur dough some sorry ass guy wont come around acting like all u need from them is their sorry ass money
gud too angry
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2015
nanauju:
Being single is that time u need to fall in love with yourself. U definitely won't break ur own heart...talking from my own experience
very good just said that at the relax stage wink
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2015
harrysterol:
my nigga looking for sincere friends since time immemorial grin

Same way I found you, yeye guy tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by harrysterol(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2015
cheesy
stinggy:

Same way I found you, yeye guy tongue cheesy cheesy
u no well watching in 3D were is chimkaire? undecided
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 27, 2015
harrysterol:
cheesy u no well watching in 3D were is chimkaire? undecided
...in your pocket embarassed angry
Re: How To Be Single And Happy by stinggy(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
harrysterol:
cheesy u no well watching in 3D were is chimkaire? undecided
Peckham..
She needs safety at this election time cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's That Red Flag You Are Secretly Attracted To In The Opposite Gender / Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Stevox Royale: Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.