Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? (14229 Views)

Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? / Nigerian Ghetto Names / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2009
er. . .

anything wrong with chimamanda? grin

no talk too much about aa names - one of reuben abatis articles highlighted the ijaws' penchant for funny names - celtel , contract; this was during the census - he was redicting a lot of kids born nne months later might thus be named census

what do y'all think of endurance, jouful, fruitful, happiness, etal grin?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by osisi2(f): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
oyb:

er. . .

anything wrong with chimamanda? grin

no talk too much about aa names - one of reuben abatis articles highlighted the ijaws' penchant for funny names - celtel , contract; this was during the census - he was redicting a lot of kids born nne months later might thus be named census

what do y'all think of endurance, jouful, fruitful, happiness, etal grin?

Absolutely nothing.
It has a meaning.
It's an Igbo name

It means My God will not fail.

Chi m a ma nda is the correct way to put it in a sentence

Is it the amanda bit that's confusing you?
At least we know the meanings of Joyful and Happiness
what is Maquisha? grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by theopops: 2:19am On Jan 22, 2009
Ok, how do you not get angry, when someone name their kid, "Shithead" pronounced Shayteed. Tell me, if you see that name on a resume, how will you summon the courage not to just dump the resume into the trash. Your name, whether you like it or not, is important. Shayteed, will never be more than a Wal-Mart overnight stocker. Can you imagine you going to ER and you begin to fill the form and it says Dr Shithead is your attending Dr. How will you react? Lets call a spade a spade. Its good to be unique, but Yugoz,  is not a name.

Black people, we sure can do better.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Ndipe(m): 2:55am On Jan 22, 2009
What of whites who name their kids, apple and the ilks?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by theopops: 2:57am On Jan 22, 2009
So, Mr Ndipe, you are a recruiter. You see, Shithead Deshawn, GPA 3.5 and Apple Stone, GPA 3.5. Which one will you call for the interview?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Ndipe(m): 3:03am On Jan 22, 2009
Well, I dont know of any black person who goes by the first expletive you just wrote.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by theopops: 3:37am On Jan 22, 2009
I do.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 5:10am On Jan 22, 2009
~~Its their names~~It makes sense to them~~Eventhough it might not make sense to you,do not come on here and mock it like an immature child~~!!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 5:11am On Jan 22, 2009
theopops:

I do.

U need to start hangin around new people!!
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 5:24am On Jan 22, 2009
Must SeanT whine in every thread?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 5:35am On Jan 22, 2009
KarmaMod:

Must SeanT whine in every thread?

Must karmamod put down AA in every thread
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 5:36am On Jan 22, 2009
SeanT21:

Must karmamod put down AA in every thread

Yes after all Im on a NIGERIAN forum.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 5:49am On Jan 22, 2009
KarmaMod:

Yes after all Im on a NIGERIAN forum.

So U want AA's to put down Africans on their forums. lipsrsealed
Many People read Nairaland.This is a Nigerian forum but everyone here is not from Nigeria or Africa.~~It does not give U the right to put down African Americans just because this is a forum made by a Nigerian!!~~You should respect people no matter their ethnicity or color!!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 6:10am On Jan 22, 2009
SeanT21:

[b][size=12pt]So U want AA's to put down Africans on their forums. lipsrsealed

You think Im in denial like you? Im well AWARE of what they say about Africans on the forums and in public. Not that I expect a wannabe like yourself to know the "teach me about the motherland bullshit" are genuine.

and I have the right to do whatever I want. Have a problem then go troll Black Planet and quit whining in every thread cos you're dating an akata. No one cares.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by bawomolo(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2009
what's the correct spelling for "deshaun". abi na deshawn or de'saun or desan cheesy.

what do y'all think of endurance, jouful, fruitful, happiness,

calabar girls grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 6:31am On Jan 22, 2009
KarmaMod:

You think Im in denial like you? Im well AWARE of what they say about Africans on the forums and in public. Not that I expect a wannabe like yourself to know the "teach me about the motherland bullshit" are genuine.

and I have the right to do whatever I want. Have a problem then go troll Black Planet and quit whining in every thread cos you're dating an akata. No one cares.

LMAO!!~~Akata

The African Americans I hang with are not the ones You describe.~~There are some foolish AA"s out there.I am pretty sure you have met many of them~~So what~~~Does that give You the right to come here and blast everyone of them~~You are a grown lady,You should know better~~Of course You have the right to do whatever,Everyone have the right to do what they want.I have a right to walk up to my neighbor and slap the shit outta her~Your Boss have the right to fire you~~Does that make it right?~~HELL NO~~~"I have the right to do whatever I want" should not be the reason for Your ignorant reasoning~~***!!

Wannabe?WTF!!

Me dating an "akata" is not the reason for my venting~~If a Nairalander was putting down Chinese or Mexicans,I will take a stand againts them~~~I JUST HATE IGNORANCE!!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by bawomolo(m): 6:50am On Jan 22, 2009
be nice ladies grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by theopops: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
Point of correction, just because I said I know someone with such a stupid name, doesn't mean the person is my friend. I guess, you don't work with people or go to school with people. Pray tell, are they all your friends?

If you like, fire on all cylinders, I won't bother with you. If someone is named Shithead and you really don't think something is wrong with that, I can't help you.

What is stupid is stupid.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2009
theopops:

Point of correction, just because I said I know someone with such a stupid name, doesn't mean the person is my friend. I guess, you don't work with people or go to school with people. Pray tell, are they all your friends?

If you like, fire on all cylinders, I won't bother with you. If someone is named Shithead and you really don't think something is wrong with that, I can't help you.

What is stupid is stupid.

U must work in a low down dirty place to be next to someone call shithead!!
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KB1(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2009
SeanT21:

U must work in a low down dirty place to be next to someone call shithead!!

That fool is lying, and even if he wasn't--- the name he presented would not be pronounced as shit head, but rather as Shi-theed, much like the common Islamic name "Shaheed". Only an illiterate, culturally insensitive Ass Hole such as that lying poster,  would actually think up such foolishness. Pay that fool no mind, sis.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2009
Lmao @ Shithead! cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2009
SeanT, wipe the snot coming out of your nose and quit crying. Ironically we never see your obnoxious rants when they come here spewing garbage about Nigerians. Keep the sermons for someone who gives a shit

OMO IBO:

how old is KarmaMod again?

you have a problem?
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KB1(m): 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2009
KarmaMod:

SeanT, wipe the snot coming out of your nose and quit crying. Ironically we never see your obnoxious rants when they come here spewing garbage about Nigerians. Keep the sermons for someone who gives a shit

you have a problem?

You're a very bitchy Idiot. No, wonder you're still alone. No respectable man would want to put up with that type of drama from such a not so spiffy looking chick, such as yourself. cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by girl22(f): 12:47am On Jan 23, 2009
KB1:

You're a very bitchy Idiot. No, wonder you're still alone. No respectable man would want to put up with that type of drama from such a not so spiffy looking chick, such as yourself. cheesy

damn KB1 you are spitting fire. LOL

@pops what may sound stupid to you sounds good to them

i knew somebondy named quamantay. it sounded horrible to me but it sounded good to the mother. forgeiner names same horrible to me. but those are their cultural names. foreigners have stupid sounding names to people not in their ethnic groups. so why pick on black americans?

@osisi
black americans names have no origin. they not going to have meaning. like white americans names which usually derived from latin, greek, ect.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 1:07am On Jan 23, 2009
KB1:

You're a very bitchy Idiot. No, wonder you're still alone. No respectable man would want to put up with that type of drama from such a not so spiffy looking chick, such as yourself.  cheesy

Rofl look at this welfare loving gay. Who was talking to you? Looking to get laid by a girl still in highschool. Pathetic. Still going around with your fake story of an Igbo wife you wannabe peterpuffer?   cheesy No matter how many genetics test you take, you will never be Nigerian or Igbo, psychotic reject. A retarded akata with a supposed family who spends more time on NL than Seun.

I suggest you go and sit down before I deal with your hideous ass, bloody sasquatch Olori bu ti aiye e ti baje.

I dont have any WIC check or EBT card for you and your pack of rats,  so be gone you fatherless mongrel  grin

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by girl22(f): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2009
KarmaMod:

Rofl look at this welfare loving gay. Who was talking to you? Looking to get laid by a girl still in highschool. Pathetic. Still going around with your fake story of an Igbo wife you wannabe peterpuffer?   cheesy No matter how many genetics test you take, you will never be Nigerian or Igbo, psychotic reject. A retarded akata with a supposed family who spends more time on NL than Seun.

I suggest you go and sit down before I deal with your hideous ass, bloody sasquatch Olori bu ti aiye e ti baje.

I dont have any WIC check or EBT card for you and your pack of rats,  so be gone you fatherless mongrel  grin

she cracks me up. her posts make my day. she is reminds me  of the racist grandma on the tv show True Colors.  Ya'll remember that? She is the Archie Bunker of nairaland.
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by blackspade(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2009
R

O

T

F

L

M

A

O

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2009
girl22, go back to using your mouth a receptacle as a living. Dont have food stamps for you either. Maybe if you had a real education you wouldnt have disgraced yourself by saying the USA is a continent. Ode. Palin part 2. grin

OMO IBO:

well, ko si problem ra ra ra. that was a simple question that requires a simple answer.

No be your concern. gbegborun grin
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by Sapphic: 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2009
MAny of those black American names have me rolling often.

All those Deniqua, Shequan, Kweenisha, etc. Men, there are some names in this world o. It would have been better if the names had any meanings as a redeeming feature, some of them don't. Pity. undecided
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by KarmaMod(f): 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2009
The ones that supposedly have meaning are usually Islamic. Why they are so obsessed with a religion most of them know so little about. must be the "wannabe Malcolm X" syndrome
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by tope2000(f): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2009
Nothing undecided
Re: What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names? by SeanT21(f): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2009
KarmaMod:

you have a problem?

How old R U

From Your picture you look like you are in your late 20s and early 30s.~~I responded to you with class and dignity but you had to go to an all-time low and respond in a stupid manner.~~When U are ready to have a mature and grown up coversation with me,You can hit me up~~In the mean time,Go learn to be lady like because acting otherwise makes you look bad.~~Acting like this is not worth my time~~!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Easter Monday: Pictures Of Lagos Carnival 2012 / Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music / History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.