Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife (33876 Views)

Prince Okojie: "How Mercy Johnson And I Settle Our Marriage Disputes" / Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Gov. Fashola Attends Olamide’s Baby Dedication [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
Saraben:
How I wish we can manage our own differences too but you left because your mom asked you to leave..... crying....

Babe dont cry o God has saved you but you dont know it. If he left on the singular reason of cos his mummy said so for whatever reason seriously is that the kind of person you want to marry? his own case is a whole lotta different from this.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2015
United4lyf:
I'm passing through similar experience now,thought not yet married I have a girlfriend which we loved each other but we're almost opposite on all front yet we're still together.I'm a northern muslim while she's a south western christian whose mom is from the south eastern part. We even share opposite political view,while I root for most APC candidates she's a staunch PDP and GEJ's fan,infact she is already planing on how to laugh at me if GEJ wins this election.She's a born again christian that doesn't joke with her religion. While we ague and fight most times,our love always end up prevailing though I must admit that I'm very patient with her. We met while she was doing her HND,and I was newly posted to the state in my working place,she's going for her youth service this may. The problem now is I don't know if my family will accept her and verse versa,but truly we do love each other,but I kept on having this doubt,I have a northern muslim girl too but I love my christian girl more. But I'm afraid,the religious,cultural e.t.c might just be too much for me,please Nairalanders I need ur advice,thanx.

Dude i absolutely fell in love with your love story! Matter of fact im smiling as i type this. Ok firstly i understand where you are considering i walked a similar path a while back and trust me you dont want to hear my story, it turned out for the best eventually (i married her!) however heres the thing. like every successful thing in life it takes focus, determination, patience and drive.
One thing though youre distracted already having a second babe albeit one who would be much 'easier' to get married to is not to your advantage, if you truly love this girl like you say you do. Seriously, you know when you prepare yourself for tough times knowing fully well what your goal is, youll come out of it with scars but like they say what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!
stay focused and always have at the back of your mind youre tougher than anyone whos trying to be a hindrance to what you want, un-apologetically yes even both your families. Therell even be times when even she would play a mixed tape on the issue, guy youre tougher than 'em all. Only one person wants her. Only one person is entitled to her, only one person should understand what it means to lose her. YOU!
its not going to be easy, but itll be worth a lifetime of regret.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
XBLadez:

No, you yourself, are rather brainwashed. Go read the story of Uthman Dan Fodio, a Fulani and Islamic writer; how he started Jihad in Nigeria, forcing many Christians/Pagans in the northern to convert. Your religion has a history of war and violence, starting with ur Prophet Muhammad. He preached and killed all the same. Up to date, when we mention terrorism, Islam comes to mind. ISIL, Hezbollah, Taliban etc are all Islamic terrorist groups. Deny this and deny your faith! Although, not all of you believe in violence, especially those of u who have gone across their boundaries to mix up with people of all walks of life. So shut the eff up!

Lool!.... Go and read up. Islam had existed in Nigeria centuries before Usman Dan Fodio established his Caliphate.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2015
princeonx:
This can only happen in a yoruba family! Igbos won't do it, Hausa won't even dream or think of it!

Id tred that path carefully if i was you sir
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
princeonx:
This can only happen in a yoruba family! Igbos won't do it, Hausa won't even dream or think of it!

Id tread that path carefully if i was you sir
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by refreshrate: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2015
United4lyf:
still evaluating things sha,i have a replacement on standby already should in case things end up not working, anyway thanks for your advice.

Seriously this was where you lost me, if truly you loved her, why the replacement even before the storm?
Ill ask one question to you and everyone else here preaching is your marriage to someone of the same religion or even tribe an absolute guarantee of a happily ever after, totally ensuring there can be no possibility of a divorce?

@united4lyf i think subconsciously you already have what matters but consciously youre allowing yourself be guided by what doesnt.
All the best in your decisions
i know its only human to take the path of less stress, guess thats what success what it is.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Fairgodwin(m): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
refreshrate:

*whistling whilst walking around thread waiting to hear another silly excuse for lack of common sense* Guy i duff my hat for your family and your brother please tell him someone who doesnt know him salutes respects him stupendously!

He sure will get your message. Thank you.
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by Saraben(f): 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
refreshrate:

Babe dont cry o God has saved you but you dont know it. If he left on the singular reason of cos his mummy said so for whatever reason seriously is that the kind of person you want to marry? his own case is a whole lotta different from this.
Tanks a lot you don't know How much you have consoled me
Re: How Gov Fashola & I Manage Our Religious Differences In Our Marriage - Wife by vega84(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
That's the only tin I love abt yorubas religion difference has never really been a problem wit them. #vegatalks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Celebrates Regina Daniels 17th Birthday / Small Doctor Poses With Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.