Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) (29738 Views)

One Solution To Nigeria's Economic Crisis - Pastor David Ibiyeomie / President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by LUDALOOLO(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2015
alienvirus:
So no one could identify that as a cause in GEJ polling unit even with all security details? I see.
cause they all infected with the clueless of GEJ
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by adesegun121(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
dolido:
Accrediting 10 year olds in Daura won't help.

bai Baba,

bai Buhari!

na u b em parent abi?? How u take knw say na 10yrs old boy

SHM...

Sai baba

Sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by zikclassiq(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
So the Solution should be:
1. Remove the PROTECTIVE FILM of the reading lens.
2. Switch Off and On the device.
3. Wipe off dust from the surface of the Lens.
4. Next person please!

2 Likes

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by shizzleStar: 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The retardeens never wanted it so what do you expect.
FOOL. you should rather be ashamed of yourself for not knowing that the adhoc staff weren't adequately trained, even jega himself doesn't even know this trick
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2015
I had to bribe my folks with doing all the chores @ home so they can get accredited. That was the deal grin.. they have been both accredited & Would he voting Buhari.

Je suis tres contente.

3 Likes

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by 0b1nna: 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
First to comment. cheesy
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Kingspin(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
I wonder how a man of Jega will prefer theory than practicals as it concern when he was explain that it took 20seconds to accredit a voter. Election may go through the night with what is on ground now. Jega dont kill this country with unrealastic perfection. Uptill now some polling areas in Portharcourt are yet to see INEC adhoc staff.
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by eldoradoxx: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
If your unit card readers are not working, kindly tell the INEC staff to check the protective film on the lense to see if it has been removed to enable it work.
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by lastpage: 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
AS YOU GO OUT TO VOTE TODAY, REMEMBER...

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember that Jonathan waited for 15,000+ Nigerians to be murdered before taking Boko Haram seriously.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember what Andrew Azazi said that PDP created Boko Haram. Jonathan is working "in-hand" with Boko Haram

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Ask yourself if moving forward is 225naira to $Dollar , if locomotive trains are futuristic transport system.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Ask yourself "If my daughter was kidnapped, would I vote for GEJ?"

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember the Oct bomb blast in Abuja in which Jonathan lied & accused others as he shielded the real bombers.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember that, Obanikoro is now a Minister. EkitiGate has been swept under the carpet. We all know whose voice we heard on that audio.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember the cost of fuel that your generator consumed for all these years. Another 4yrs of darkness not acceptable

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember that they went dancing on stage just a day after many lives were wasted.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember your GEJ raised 21bn for election but IDPs feed on charity & many others is foreign countries.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember your country produces crude oil but imports PMS & DPK.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember GEJ met $1 =119 but now. Its $1=225

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember the number of jobless people around you.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember the fuel subsidy scam & Hw GEJ removed d subsidy instead of fixing our refineries.

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember who was bribing Obas, OPC and Pastors "in Dollars" why masses where hungry!

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember Jonathan empowered Thugs and Militants to cause havoc and death to force your votes for him

#BeforeYouCastYourVote: Remember what Jonathan failed to do in the last 4yrs, he wants to do in 6weeks, just to Trick/Steal your Votes

[size=14pt]Mistakes are allowed, we are humans. Jonathan's 2011 election was a mistake.[/size]
Repeating the same mistake again is unpardonable.
Our Children dont deserve that from us!
[size=18pt]Vote for Change! Vote for Buhari/Osinbajo! We must repair this Nigeria Now[/size].

Lastpage!

NB: Today is NOT a REST DAY!.... Go out and Vote
WRESTLE your DESTINY from the hands of Corrupt Jonathan administration.

2 Likes

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Jarus(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
adrianstylez:
Card readers were apparently failing often at a polling booth near an Accenture staff's home. And the guy couldn't understand why...cos the readers were all new. So he approached the INEC woman. Inspected the reader. Only to find the protective film on the lense of the reader had not been removed. After a protracted argument he convinced the woman to remove it. The reader not only read the prior rejected cards, it was reading with even faster response time. Please share n let's reclaim Naija together. Mods do the needful

This is solution only to where non-removal of the film is the issue.
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by majekleo(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
Eaxctly same thing I observed at my polling unit in Zone 3 Abuja, then I told them and took it off and the finger print reader stated reading finger prints faster . Please spread the information.

1 Like

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
I'm ashamed of this election, didn't Jega have four years to prepare for this? Did he complain about lack of fund? What i'm hearing on Wazobia fm from Nigerians about the election is really annoying.

1 Like

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Certifiedboss: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
adrianstylez:
Card readers were apparently failing often at a polling booth near an Accenture staff's home. And the guy couldn't understand why...cos the readers were all new. So he approached the INEC woman. Inspected the reader. Only to find the protective film on the lense of the reader had not been removed. After a protracted argument he convinced the woman to remove it. The reader not only read the prior rejected cards, it was reading with even faster response time. Please share n let's reclaim Naija together. Mods do the needful

Channels TV told me this earlier
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by logica(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shameful. INEC and incompetence.
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by balladin: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
alienvirus:
So no one could identify that as a cause in GEJ polling unit even with all security details? I see.
Was it the same fault yet several people were acredited?
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by balladin: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
alienvirus:
Was it the same fault yet several people were acredite except the president?
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by eduxerxes: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
95% of Nigerians ain't ICT literate. So allergic to Modern gadgets as to know its functionalities. My polling booth has some archaic fellas as Inec officials, only the corp members seem to be very efficient and fast with the card reader. Smh
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
adrianstylez:
even as at that, it is still failing
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by luvinhubby(m): 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
This card reader is a complex failure.
Two-third of the voters in my polling station at Alagomeji Lagos were told "accreditation failed", . The inec lady has almost 8 pages of incidence form.
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by justjify(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
papaejima1:
So Jega did not teach them to remove the waterproof?

grin correct igbo man. 'Waterproof'

1 Like

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by Bamz(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
This was just read out on Channels
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by GatJokez(f): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
adrianstylez:

Good the guy convinced the INEC woman to take the protective film off the reader. That's just crazy!!
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by sinola(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
Don't worry,Card reader has been designed to identify and reject people that have soiled their hands.....God is watching them on 3D
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by justjify(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
luvinhubby:
Two-third of the voters in my polling station at Alagomeji Lagos were told "accreditation failed", . The inec lady has almost 8 pages of incidence form.

Una don remove the waterproof?
Una don wash una hand?
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by millyajay(f): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
when it comes to using technology to conduct some stuffs in Nigeria..everything always turns out to be bad(Jamb and now card readers)..oga

ANYWAY ANOTHER SOLUTION:
IF THE CARD READER ISNT READING YOUR FINGERS TRY TO USE SPIRIT,HAND SANITIZER OR POWDER..IT WORKS
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by KwoiZabo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
I did it in my unit at shomolu Lagos and failure rate dropped from 9 out of every 10 to 1 or 2.
viva Nairaland.
GEJ till Buhari fulfils the requirements of the law to contest for President.

1 Like

Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by alsudaes1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
adrianstylez:
My question is: Where the INEC staff not properly trained for this? Did they not do test elections?

what is so saddening is the fact that majority of these so called adhoc inec staff are corpers, wonder what they made of the training they have been given. . .
what you hear from them is "inec has not paid me my training allowance"

#wasted_education
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by osebe: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
I tried it in my unit,it still didn't work.Our date is showing 20th instead of 28th
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by YSA06(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The retardeens never wanted it so what do you expect.

The cluelessness is part of GMB is coming to cleanse
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by alsudaes1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
luvinhubby:

tell her to check if the protective seal has been removed, if not, tell her to remove it. .
you guys should also try to get your hands washed
Re: The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) by kipesco(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
knightsTempler:
This should be passed around with immediate alacrity.

Man, no be protected film be the problem.
Is the protected film for finger print or reading of card. What about those the card is not reading na still protective film?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Things To Expect From Buhari's 2016 Budget / Yahaya Bello's Thugs Attack SDP Supporters, Injure Many, Destroy Cars (Graphic) / Hafsat Abiola Costello Reacts To Hijab Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.