Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Gay And Depressed. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay And Depressed. (49137 Views)

What Can Someone Do To Make A Man Sad And Depressed? / Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help / Have You Ever Been Approached By Gay And Lesbian. Share Your Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay And Depressed. by opensecret001: 8:50am On Mar 29, 2015
@ op depressedguy , dont eva think u ar alone here...infact ur story perfectly describes d situation i am in currently as well....i av anoda moniker on NL most pple wont bliv i am d one.
I am a conscious muslim, a med student. I av bn battlin wt ds since my childhood days, i can remember vividly even tho i cudnt depict what it means den. Now....i think i am livin better...av made some sound decisions that i know i will be better for it.
Religiously....d sex is d abominable act...d feelin isnt.
Medically....itsnt an abnormality at all...its jst a variant of sexual orientation.
every now and then i fall....i stand up remainin stronger...infact i jst recently rose up frm a tough time.
D future decision of being a celibate or nt ....i know d natural course of things will unfold itsef as time goes on....im 23 now in my final year in d med skl.
so my dear brother..dont be depressed at all...u can live as fine as u can think of.
Im stoppin here now....wil b bak
sorry im nt a good writer/orator .....i hope u wil get my points..all typed in a hurry
my boss nobilis has said it all as well....so on point.

2 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 8:55am On Mar 29, 2015
kmcutez:

So sure with the above bolded? Are you a scientist? Have you read the various researches in determining sexual orientation? Do you know there are chromosomal, biological, physiological, cognitive, etc differences between gay and straight men?

An Excerpt From Uganda's President's Speech

"I, therefore, thought that it would be wrong to punish somebody because of how he was created, disgusting though it may be to us. That is why I refused to sign the Bill. In order to get to the truth, we involved Uganda Scientists as well as consulting Scientists from outside Uganda.

My question to them was: “Are there people that are homosexual right from birth?”. After exhaustive studies, it has been found that homosexuality is in two categories: there are those who engage in homosexuality for mercenary reasons on account of the under – developed sectors of our economy that cause people to remain in poverty, the great opportunities that abound not withstanding; and then there are those that become homosexual by both nature (genetic) and nurture (up-bringing).

The studies that were done on identical twins in Sweden showed that 34% - 39% were homosexual on account of nature and 66% were homosexual on account of nurture.

Therefore, even in those studies, nurture was more significant than nature. Can somebody be homosexual purely by nature without nurture? The answer is: “No”. No study has shown that. Since nurture is the main cause of homosexuality, then society can do something about it to discourage the trends."

Please school me more on this.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Depressedguy:
Being gay is my life regret, i have questioned God and myself how i got to this stage. I just feel like commiting suicide.

Here is my story, my name is Frank, 26, a banker. I am the envy of most women, because am 6.2" tall, fair and very handsome. My nickname is Ramsey Noah, this is to tell you how good looking i am. But i have a very BIG problem, i am attracted to the same sex.

This is a problem i have come to notice at teen, i love girls company more than guys, i play all the girl plays and hate football, am guessing that could be where my formation was transposed. I ended up liking what girls like when am not one. But i have come to change a few things becuase i went to a boarding house and was always ridiculed for that. So i changed so many things there, the way i talk, the way i walk, and my gestures, also i love football now more than anything, but my sexuality has refused to change.

I have all it takes to get a woman, i have a good job, a car, and live alone. But at this age, i have not seen a womans pants not to talk of getting in between. But i have so many female friends, so many that the always take me for a player. Am jovial with them, buy them gifts and treat them well, but am not sexually attracted to any of them and have no feelings whatsoever. Am just a good guy, i know that, because that is the best i can do to cover up my little secret. And they(ladies) love me too and many are dying for my attention. I have been asked out so many times by ladies. One even offered to pay all the bills just for us to get intimate, but i declined, lying that i have a girlfriend i dont want to cheat on.

To make matters worse, i hate being gay, sometimes i go celibate for as long as six(6) months simply because i hate my life and my sexuality. Am always alone, indoors all through the weekend, because going out with guys will result to girl talk and i have nothing to contribute, me of all persons, so hard to believe. I also hate gay companies, so many regrets afterwards as to why i am this way. I envy straight guys to the core, i so much wish i am one. When i see a guy and a girl holding hands and taking a walk, i have this feeling of giult amd hatred for myself that i quickly get depressed.

Here is the problem, i want to marry early, at least before 28 or max 30. I need to connect to a woman and force myself into a relationship. I need to get attracted to a womans body, and get turned on by that. And finally, i need to learn how to tolerate a woman, and live with thier baggage. Am comfortable as a single man, i dont mind living alone till i die, i can cook well and am not a sex freak, i can live for years without it. But i want kids, i love them and cant wait to have a daughter. I have once told myself that once i get married and have kids, i will divoorce my wife and live alone then the kids can stay anywhere. But this idea is pure foolishness.

I am very religious, as a matter if fact, this conditionn is the only sin i battle with, i know we all have one. I hardly commit any other sin. But i know that just this one is very mortal, but we are all strugglling because we are all flesh. It takes the grace of God to overcome sin generally.(Please dont come and critisize, we are all going to the same hell: homosexual, hetrosexual; and no sin is worse than the other.)

This my condition is getting me more depressed by the day and sometimes i wish to end my life. But i like my life more than anything, so am thinking of patronising prostitutes at least to get feel of what it takes like. But am afriad of STIs.

Please help a brother...
Send me a mail.
I know how it feels.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 8:58am On Mar 29, 2015
freecocoa:
From the story, what can you honestly say is the reason you think he wants change?

Well, on the periphery of his mind.....he's thinks a blood thirsty god would strike him down with thunder should he continue in his perverted ways....

But, at the core of his being.....
It's beyond that.
He knows.

2 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

You sound intelligent, cool.

The emboldened doesn't make sense.
The fact that a person displays girlish/boyish traits doesn't make them gay, except of course....they choose to be by pursuing the life style.

It's all in the mind.
A very dire stronghold it is, the mind I mean.
Realities are created and debunked in the mind.

While I agree that there is bits of cognition in general human behavior, I submit that external influences matter a great deal.

There is nothing genetic about being gay.
It's a choice, and folks should stop giving a crass fvck what anyone thinks about their choice (as long as no one is put in apparent danger).

Your analogy, using the intro vs extro personality is somewhat faulty...especially in this context.

I'm ambiverted, with my introvert side always at the fore.
I'm not a top notch dresser, I would rather be alone than hang out with folks who discuss mostly shallow stuff.
In reality, except I have my A-game on, I'm perceived as timid (I laugh in Hispanic).

What's my point?
In all of this, I am cool with my self. I love me that way.
Does it mean I can't change, if I so direly want to?

The answer is before you.

This young man is not okay with his current state of being. Stop making him feel like he is stuck with it.
If he wants change, then change he'll get!

Question is, How badly, does he want it?

I don't actually think the guy you quoted was wrong in using the introvert/ extrovert analogy.
I believe we heterosexuals see homosexuals the same way extroverts see introverts.

Being gay is not something you can just wake up one morning and decide to change.
It's something that has been wired into the core of your neuro-sexual construction and any form of sexual arousal or fantasy, will always be fully based on it.
You have zero attraction towards the opposite sex and no matter how hard you try to go against who you have grown up to become, you just find out that you can't change.

Heterosexuals don't just get it. We believe these people are wrong and therefore should decide to be "right" like us, not bearing in mind that it would be impossible for us to change or deviate from our sexuality if asked to.

No matter how hard a gay person tries to force himself into having a kind of sexual based attraction towards the opposite sex, that homosexuality or sexual attraction to the same sex will always remain a dominant part of the person.
I believe it's insensitive as well as wicked, for you to demand "change" from a gay person.

Its like having a fetish or a paraphilia for instance.
When you are suffering from a paraphilia or when you have a fetish, your whole sexuality is wired towards that fetish and you can't experience any form of sexual arousal except that particular fetish is involved. You might try other means to attain sexual gratification, but that fetish or paraphilia will ever remain a core part of your sexuality.
That's exactly how it is for homosexuals

Although I am not in support of homosexuality, I am definitely not of the school of thought that homosexuals need to "change"

6 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by UnimkeAk(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2015
Depressedguy:
Being gay is my life regret, i have questioned God and myself how i got to this stage. I just feel like commiting suicide.

Here is my story, my name is Frank, 26, a banker. I am the envy of most women, because am 6.2" tall, fair and very handsome. My nickname is Ramsey Noah, this is to tell you how good looking i am. But i have a very BIG problem, i am attracted to the same sex.

This is a problem i have come to notice at teen, i love girls company more than guys, i play all the girl plays and hate football, am guessing that could be where my formation was transposed. I ended up liking what girls like when am not one. But i have come to change a few things becuase i went to a boarding house and was always ridiculed for that. So i changed so many things there, the way i talk, the way i walk, and my gestures, also i love football now more than anything, but my sexuality has refused to change.

I have all it takes to get a woman, i have a good job, a car, and live alone. But at this age, i have not seen a womans pants not to talk of getting in between. But i have so many female friends, so many that the always take me for a player. Am jovial with them, buy them gifts and treat them well, but am not sexually attracted to any of them and have no feelings whatsoever. Am just a good guy, i know that, because that is the best i can do to cover up my little secret. And they(ladies) love me too and many are dying for my attention. I have been asked out so many times by ladies. One even offered to pay all the bills just for us to get intimate, but i declined, lying that i have a girlfriend i dont want to cheat on.

To make matters worse, i hate being gay, sometimes i go celibate for as long as six(6) months simply because i hate my life and my sexuality. Am always alone, indoors all through the weekend, because going out with guys will result to girl talk and i have nothing to contribute, me of all persons, so hard to believe. I also hate gay companies, so many regrets afterwards as to why i am this way. I envy straight guys to the core, i so much wish i am one. When i see a guy and a girl holding hands and taking a walk, i have this feeling of giult amd hatred for myself that i quickly get depressed.

Here is the problem, i want to marry early, at least before 28 or max 30. I need to connect to a woman and force myself into a relationship. I need to get attracted to a womans body, and get turned on by that. And finally, i need to learn how to tolerate a woman, and live with thier baggage. Am comfortable as a single man, i dont mind living alone till i die, i can cook well and am not a sex freak, i can live for years without it. But i want kids, i love them and cant wait to have a daughter. I have once told myself that once i get married and have kids, i will divoorce my wife and live alone then the kids can stay anywhere. But this idea is pure foolishness.

I am very religious, as a matter if fact, this conditionn is the only sin i battle with, i know we all have one. I hardly commit any other sin. But i know that just this one is very mortal, but we are all strugglling because we are all flesh. It takes the grace of God to overcome sin generally.(Please dont come and critisize, we are all going to the same hell: homosexual, hetrosexual; and no sin is worse than the other.)

This my condition is getting me more depressed by the day and sometimes i wish to end my life. But i like my life more than anything, so am thinking of patronising prostitutes at least to get feel of what it takes like. But am afriad of STIs.

Please help a brother...

@Bold; Sunday morning Word !!!!!

But nigga if a light skin babe wif a bigass in their little dresses (oh good lord) doesn't drive u nuts. U can't never be straight.
Don't marry and put that poor lady through that kind of mess.

My advice for u sha is to relocate to elton Johns street and live to your full potential.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by musaffyan(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
GO HANG YASELF ,MAKE SURE U'VE STOP EXISTING CUS THERE IS NO USE OF YOU LIVING

R. I. P.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

You sound intelligent, cool.

The emboldened doesn't make sense.
The fact that a person displays girlish/boyish traits doesn't make them gay, except of course....they choose to be by pursuing the life style.

It's all in the mind.
A very dire stronghold it is, the mind I mean.
Realities are created and debunked in the mind.

While I agree that there is bits of cognition in general human behavior, I submit that external influences matter a great deal.

There is nothing genetic about being gay.
It's a choice, and folks should stop giving a crass fvck what anyone thinks about their choice (as long as no one is put in apparent danger).

Your analogy, using the intro vs extro personality is somewhat faulty...especially in this context.

I'm ambiverted, with my introvert side always at the fore.
I'm not a top notch dresser, I would rather be alone than hang out with folks who discuss mostly shallow stuff.
In reality, except I have my A-game on, I'm perceived as timid (I laugh in Hispanic).

What's my point?
In all of this, I am cool with my self. I love me that way.
Does it mean I can't change, if I so direly want to?

The answer is before you.

This young man is not okay with his current state of being. Stop making him feel like he is stuck with it.
If he wants change, then change he'll get!

Question is, How badly, does he want it?

@ the emboldened, can you sincerely say you made a choice to be an heterosexual being?

3 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by andyanders: 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
My brother, what you are having is spiritual and all you needed is DELIVERANCE. It is not normal and many people both men and women are having same problems. There is nothing Jesus cannot do for you. Get a real man of God to pray and cast out the demon that is responsible. I know that God will see you through because you have cried out and I know that He will locate you and help deliver you in Jesus name. Once deliverance is done, your real self will surface and you will see that He loves you and your life will change.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Kentrasso(f): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2015
Klinee:
mumu!!

Your position comes before first in mumuism. How dare you quote me
Re: Gay And Depressed. by freecocoa(f): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, on the periphery of his mind.....he's thinks a blood thirsty god would strike him down with thunder should he continue in his perverted ways....

But, at the core of his being.....
It's beyond that.
He knows.
So don't you think he would have changed, given that OP has changed many things according to nurture, if I must say but hasn't been able to change who he is attracted to?

The studies on this subject are all not conclusive, so how do you conclude that people aren't born gay?
Re: Gay And Depressed. by chrisviral(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2015
SELENAqueensy:

I don't believe that people are born Gay, No one is born gay.. Its the society that change them, as the op said, he was always around girls and he started liking what girls likes(e.g Boy).. To the extent of talking, walking like girls.. He was born normal but leta changed..

And God didn't create Adam and Adam, he created Adam and Eve... So you can't tell me that God will make some people Gay and some normal......

Btw, I don't hate Gays, I just hate what they do, its wrong

Yeah and Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and abel and Abel was killed and Cain ran away and married at so so place..
Abeg who create those people wey Cain marry from? grin

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by opensecret001: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2015
KevinBrown:

Whenever u hear GAY, what comes to ur mind is two guys banging each other in the a.ss abi?

Not all gay guys fancy gay sex.
dont mind dem oooo..dey think its all abt sex
Re: Gay And Depressed. by nepp(f): 9:23am On Mar 29, 2015
Ok, so people here quote bible passages and then prescribe straight fornication as a remedy for homosexuality?

I'm nigerian but Nigerians are stupi.d undecided

Very stupi.d

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 9:27am On Mar 29, 2015
Ichiato:

@ the emboldened, can you sincerely say you made a choice to be an heterosexual being?

I laugh in Hispanic dear.
There's no need telling the world the story of my life.

When I speak on these things....
I speak with a measure of authority.

Re: Gay And Depressed. by freecocoa(f): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2015
nepp:
Ok, so people here quote bible passages and then prescribe straight fornication as a remedy for homosexuality?

I'm nigerian but Nigerians are stupi.d undecided

Very stupi.d
Don't you just love the hypocrisy with these ones.grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Setaje(f): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2015
I came late to this thread. I am a psychologist. Although homosexuality has been declassified as an abnormal behaviour in some quarters but it is still very much abnormal if u look at it logically. Now a behaviour is very difficult to modify. Especially something u grew up wiv. In suppressing a behaviour, it is highly likely it gets eradicated wiv continous acts used to counter a bad behaviour. For instance, gays are thought the act of imagination. As psychologist, we know that the mind is strong and complex. An imagination can turn to a reality. When people get fixated at something, human beings can turn that fixation into reality. I mean people act out their fantasies, how much less their imaginations.
In other words, start by always imagining yourself sleeping wiv a woman. If u masturbate and imagine urself doing it wiv a man, change that imagination to a woman. Develop a disgusting feeling doing it wiv a man. When u are cuming, invision the sight or the thought of a woman. What this method does is that, it might turn u to a chronic womaniser if u are not specific wiv the woman u imagine doing it wiv but wiv continous practise, it will become a part of u. Don't give up. This advise is a psychological advise.

Now as a christian, please please please, do not watch porn!. Flee from anything that can bring that thought back into your system. The problem we humans have is we are not patient in dealing wiv difficult situations. We just want it to be over. I don't see u as abnormal, we all have certain disorders we battle everyday. The best way is to dissociate yourself from anything that will trigger that behaviour. If possible, don't talk about it until u feel strong enough to check your thoughts and imagination. As a christian, fill your heart and your thoughts wiv the bible. The awesomeness of God. The wonders of everything around u. Gradually, it will go and u my friend will become a testimony. I admire u a lot for coming out. I pray God will seek u out and help u.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2015
FRIEND I NO HOW EXACTLY U FEEL. I SINCERELY HOPE U SEE MY MESSAGE.

I KNOW A GUY WHO WAS GAY, HERE IN NAIJA AND INFACT HAD A BOYFRIEND.

HE FELT GUILTY ABOUT HIS LIFESTYLE. WE ENCOURAGED HIM TO WATCH EMMANUEL TV. HE INSTANTLY NOTICED SOME CHANGES IN HIS LIFE.

THEN HE DECIDED TO GO TO THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH WITH HIS BOYFRIEND. DURING THE SERVICE HE GOT DELIVERED. THAT FEELING LEFT AND NEVER RETURN. THAT FEELING IS A EVIL SPIRIT, HE CONFESSED DURING THE DELIVERANCE.

HE IS NOW MARRIED. GOD IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION.

FRIEND, U TOO CAN BE FREE FOREVER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay And Depressed. by freecocoa(f): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

I laugh in Hispanic dear.
There's no need telling the world the story of my life.

When I speak on these things....
I speak with a measure of authority.

After all is said and done....

My hots for men today is a Choice (with capital letters)smiley
Choosing to be hot for men at will, doesn't prove being gay is choice.

If you are hot for both men and women, you are simply bi.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by ronald4lif(m): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2015
naijaboiy:

i'm not on the religious side at all.
Your advice was something like he should accept who he is because that's just the way he is.
Will you give the same advice to someone who comes here and talks about how he has been practising bestiality and wants to change?
undecided

LGBT people have a preference for the same sex
Pedophiles have a preference for little "kids"
Bestiality people have a preference for doing "animals"

The difference is that only the LGBT is alright while the others are wrong and sick.

Pedophiles "rape" little kids
Bestiality people "rape" animals
LGBT people have sex between two "consenting adults".

4 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by adora4u1: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2015
musaffyan:
GO HANG YASELF ,MAKE SURE U'VE STOP EXISTING CUS THERE IS NO USE OF YOU LIVING
R. I. P.

YOU HANG YOURSELF FIRST! YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING APE!
Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2015
freecocoa:
So don't you think he would have changed, given that OP has changed many things according to nurture, if I must say but hasn't been able to change who he is attracted to?

The studies on this subject are all not conclusive, so how do you conclude that people aren't born gay?

I haven't said that.
I've only acquiesced to the capacity of the human mind to generate and debunk realities, subjectively based on conditioning.

A lot of things are not all conclusive.
There are traits we were born with which we deemed unpleasant.....how some of us dealt with it....well, that's another epistle on it's own.

We all have underlying reasons why we're the way we are.
If the OP thinks making a change to avert punishment from some god up there who is unrepentantly mad at him will make him a happier person.....
I shouldn't stop him per se....

Instead, I will, guide him, by my actions....
Into what I perceive to be the truth.
Which, of course, he can choose to adopt or reject.

I reckon that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Choosing to be hot for men at will, doesn't prove being gay is choice.

If you are hot for both men and women, you are simply bi.

In this context....
There's no nature without nurturesmiley

It's a choice....
Life and living....as much as I'm permitted to know, is a choice.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by martineverest(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2015
U got a point here..but?
ronald4lif:

The difference is that only the LGBT is alright while the others are wrong and sick.

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 29, 2015
Setaje:
I came late to this thread. I am a psychologist. Although homosexuality has been declassified as an abnormal behaviour in some quarters but it is still very much abnormal if u look at it logically. Now a behaviour is very difficult to modify. Especially something u grew up wiv. In suppressing a behaviour, it is highly likely it gets eradicated wiv continous acts used to counter a bad behaviour. For instance, gays are thought the act of imagination. As psychologist, we know that the mind is strong and complex. An imagination can turn to a reality. When people get fixated at something, human beings can turn that fixation into reality. I mean people act out their fantasies, how much less their imaginations.
In other words, start by always imagining yourself sleeping wiv a woman. If u masturbate and imagine urself doing it wiv a man, change that imagination to a woman. Develop a disgusting feeling doing it wiv a man. When u are cuming, invision the sight or the thought of a woman. What this method does is that, it might turn u to a chronic womaniser if u are not specific wiv the woman u imagine doing it wiv but wiv continous practise, it will become a part of u. Don't give up. This advise is a psychological advise.

Sorry, I will just have to disagree with you on the theory of imagination as a possible "cure" for homosexuality.
its illogical as well as counter-balancing in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by opensecret001: 9:43am On Mar 29, 2015
nobilis:
Over-zealously righteous people who like compounding the problems of others.

Now, what happens when the OP keeps praying and fasting for many days and nothing happens? He will believe that his own is done for and depression comes in more full force.

Until you have been in the OP's situation or have had a friend or brother battling these things, you will never fully understand.

There is no place in the Bible where the Bible condemns being gay. From Genesis to Revelation. If there is such a verse of the bible, I challenge all you holier-than-thou Christians to show me where the Bible said it is evil to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

What the bible condemns is having gay sex. Not being gay. And these two things are different. A gay guy doesn't have to have sex with a man b4 he discovers that he is sexually attracted to men.
Just like a straight guy doesn't have to have sex with a woman before he discovers that he is sexually attracted to women. Just like u have straight virgins, there are also gay virgins.
Sexual attraction and sex are two different things.

Until u discover that ur best friend is gay or that ur brother is gay, u won't really understand the struggle gay people go through.

The reason I'm writing this is to help the OP further since I've seen the number of bigoted statements after my original comment. The minds of Nigerians are set in backwardness and darkness. And they always condemn and castigate things they don't understand or things that look strange to them.

Just meet any gay guy out there and ask questions. You will see that many of them have gone for deliverance sessions, many have gone for praying and fasting sessions, many have gone for counselling and all sorts of spiritual healings and they don't work.

Many gay people are unhappy or depressed. They are not depressed because they are gay. They are depressed because they see themselves as different. They see themselves as stuck in that different-ness. Many have prayed and prayed yet nothing works. And dat situation fuels the depression.
Many homophobic people are actually gay people who use homophobia as a means of tackling their own homosexuality.

Another challenge: if u know any "previously" gay guy who was "delivered" and has stopped being attracted to men (mind u, I didn't say if he has stopped having sex with men), bring him here to share his story with us.

Corrective sex doesn't work, by any means. Do ur research properly.

One thing is that society is forcing many gay men to get married. And if you can't see the implication of this, let me inform u. It means that a generation of people are coming who will be very tolerant to homosexuality because they have gay fathers and lesbian mothers. So this forcing of people to have girlfriends and get married, just to save face will only have a positive outcome for homosexuality in the end.

OP, learn to live your life. Never you let anybody live ur life for you. Nobody taught u how to be attracted to men. U grew up and discovered urself that way. If that attraction was inherently evil, God wouldn't have put it in you.
U av said it all boss.
@ depressedguy , u may be bisexual at last...datswhat it im lookin at too....at least den u can get married and let d societal pressureoff......good luck!
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Setaje(f): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2015
missclasssy:

I don't actually think the guy you quoted was wrong in using the introvert/ extrovert analogy.
I believe we heterosexuals see homosexuals the same way extroverts see introverts.

Being gay is not something you can just wake up one morning and decide to change.
It's something that has been wired into the core of your neuro-sexual construction and any form of sexual arousal or fantasy, will always be fully based on it.
You have zero attraction towards the opposite sex and no matter how hard you try to go against who you have grown up to become, you just find out that you can't change.

Heterosexuals don't just get it. We believe these people are wrong and therefore should decide to be "right" like us, not bearing in mind that it would be impossible for us to change or deviate from our sexuality if asked to.

No matter how hard a gay person tries to force himself into having a kind of sexual based attraction towards the opposite sex, that homosexuality or sexual attraction to the same sex will always remain a dominant part of the person.
I believe it's insensitive as well as wicked, for you to demand "change" from a gay person.

Its like having a fetish or a paraphilia for instance.
When you are suffering from a paraphilia or when you have a fetish, your whole sexuality is wired towards that fetish and you can't experience any form of sexual arousal except that particular fetish is involved. You might try other means to attain sexual gratification, but that fetish or paraphilia will ever remain a core part of your sexuality.
That's exactly how it is for homosexuals

Although I am not in support of homosexuality, I am definitely not of the school of thought that homosexuals need to "change"

In your words then people wiv paraphilia, sexual masochism, exhibitionist, murderers, cleptomaniacs, bestiality, incest etc don't need to change. Where do we draw the line on what is normal and abnormal? Do u realise that in d distance future, people wiv other disorders will begin to come out. Ask for recognition and weep up sentiments. This will ultimately destroy our very fabric of human existence. U cannot classify one as normal why others are abnormal. U cannot say others can change their behaviour while one cannot change.

You either stand for the truth or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

In this context....
There's no nature without naturesmiley

It's a choice....
Life and living....as much as I'm permitted to know, is a choice.

I will have to disagree with you on this
Your sexuality is definitely not a "choice" you make.

"Most" homosexuals don't choose to be gay, and they can't change, all they can do is try to change but their homosexuality will always remain a core part of who they are.....

2 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Cwhyte(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2015
I think the best thing to do is to find an understand girl and explain to her to help you out. She must understand that you are gay, and then try to change you. You must get laid, yes! not even by one babe but several.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Setaje(f): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2015
missclasssy:

Sorry, I will just have to disagree with you on the concept of imagination as a possible "cure" or homosexuality.
its illogical as well as counter-balancing in my opinion

It is one of the methods used in modifying a behaviour. I have read about gays who changed using this. It might not work for him but it is worth trying. I did not say it's a cure. Go and read it again.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by MizMyColi(f): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2015
missclasssy:

I will have to disagree with you on this
Your sexuality is definitely not a "choice" you make.

"Most" homosexuals don't choose to be gay, and they can't change, all they can do is try to change but their homosexuality will always remain a core part of who they are.....

Okay.
Good for "them"smiley
Re: Gay And Depressed. by naijaboiy: 9:59am On Mar 29, 2015
ronald4lif:

But we are talking about who they are and not whether it's right or wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

I Don’t Want To Die Unmarried – Single Woman Cries Out / "We Date This And Marry This": Guys, Do You Agree With This Pic? / Lady Dumps A Guy After Using Him, Blocks Him On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.