Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! (4682 Views)

Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / Buhari Constitutes Advisory Committee On Anti-corruption / Buhari Constitutes Advisory Committee On Anti-corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Thank you for being truthful.

People expected the best from Jonathan so no excuses for Buhari.

I expect all the roads to be free of potholes after 2 years.
I expect electric speed trains from Lagos to Kano and Enugu to Kaura Namoda.

I expect all the graduates to be employed immediately they leave school.

I expect freedom of speech.

I expect 24hrs of power supply in 1 year.

I expect every corruption to end at every level and all untouchables touched including Tinubu, Amaechi etc.

I expect our airports to be like Dubai, Changi and Incheon.

You know I was ready to for the attacks of the e-army of the "progressives"
I was even ready to stand alone for what I believe in!

You can see their responses.

They are calling "bitter" because they are all myopic!
Their visions were so blurred by Bitterness that they never saw anything good in the works of Jonathan!
Now, their vision is further blurred by their victory at the polls!

As much my heart condition is my personal franchise, if I am bitter, it is not new!
They were overtly bitter, so bitter against Jonathan that his giant strides in
-Agriculture
-Rail way
-Attraction of Investments
-Education
-Industrialization
amongst others were greeted by criticisms

One of their very own in the person fashola even went against the noble intention of Jonathan of gathering the abandoned almajeri kids of the north, give them education and food.

It was so shameful

3 Likes

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2015
sherrylo:
I pray Rochas becomes the next president after Buhari

When you wake up from your dream land, please adjust your focus!

The next President after Buhari is coming from the North!
If he happens for come from the South West, then he must had been chosen and anointed by the North.

you can quote me!

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2015
rabimlomo:

But jonthn met Nigeria in a better state than it is in now. Yes, nig. wasn't so gret before gej but he should have built on what he met rather thn plunge the country into further mess.

A better state you said?

What was the state of our railways before he came and what is the state today?

Let me just mention one.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by gists: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

Sis, the state of my heart, whether bitter or sweet has nothing to do with my expectations from your "messiah"!
Focus and pay attention to that!

As for Buhari being my President for the next 8 years, he can rule for the next 80 years, after all the Change Navigator called OBJ attempted a third term!

I have demanded for equity my dear.

- 24 Hours power supply by december'
-N5,000 to at least 20 million families, starting from June 2015,
-Every road to be tarred.
-all unemployed both graduate and non graduates to get employed
-N100 to change for $1
-No more spilling of blood any where in Nigeria!
-And no persecution of the opposition.

That is the equity want.

Bros,
Many thanks for keeping tab on electoral promises.
I only ask you to be fair and extend the same kind of patience you gave GEJ.
GEJ sat on the seat of power for almost 6years combined yet all these things you are asking for were just getting worse.
But now you want steady power in 9 months. You want reversal of the value of Naira to a better exchange rate to than what GEJ met in less than 2 years.

Be sincere with yourself and purge the bitterness in your heart. I voted for GMB, but 4 years is enough for me to know whether or not to vote for him in 2019. I will not judge his admin by his performance in just 18months.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by cheruv: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2015
oilykid:
geez!! what brought Igbos in this discussion.looks like you are suffering from igbophobia
seriously am wondering that oo shocked
that babe has been so yorobanized that I dunno whether instead of blood she now has oil running in her cerebral arteries. undecided
anyway am with the OP cheesy kos even though Jonathan failed, he did something spectacular which was handing over power to the Nigerian people. buhari promised heaven and earth, and like the night's watch we'd be seeing if he delivers within 48months cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by talk2riel: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2015
egopersonified:
See list. If you had clamped down on GEJ like this, we would be talking about amending our constitution for a third term this morning.

Question 1:
How can $1=N1
10 marks

Answer:
To get $1=N1
Presently, $1 is approximately N200
Get a N200 note, use an eraser to delete the two zeroes and 'hundred'
Then, tear the note into two equal parts
Therefore, $1=N1

Sai op
I swear you no well. People are having a serious discuss, you are cracking joke this morning.
Are you related to basketmouth.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Canme4u(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2015
eHustler:
He needs time to assess the rot created by GEJ and his predecessors as he does not have magic fingers to hit the ground running immediately. Where in the world does it happen? It took even Obama some time to study and start putting US economy back on track, from American automobile bail-out to huge debt inherited from bush. But trust me, you will see a remarkable difference between GEJ and GMB. The body language alone will wow you. The antecedents are on records.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Canme4u(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

Hahahahaha!
He needs time to do what?

If he does not understand the "rot" as created by Jonathan, why id he contest in the first place?
You mean the defense has already started?

Anyway, I am expecting 25 - hours power supply by December or .....

In Osho Baba's voice, "You can go and die" if he doesn't give you in 6 months what GEJ couldn't give you in 6 years. E-diotal.

Spit on the thread, wore #ABUSEprove and runs outa here.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 01, 2015
gists:

Bros,
Many thanks for keeping tab on electoral promises.
I only ask you to be fair and extend the same kind of patience you gave GEJ.
GEJ sat on the seat of power for almost 6years combined yet all these things you are asking for were just getting worse.
But now you want steady power in 9 months. You want reversal of the value of Naira to a better exchange rate to than what GEJ met in less than 2 years.

Be sincere with yourself and purge the bitterness in your heart. I voted for GMB, but 4 years is enough for me to know whether or not to vote for him in 2019. I will not judge his admin by his performance in just 18months.

Shebi Buhari na the only answer to all the problems of Nigeria?
No one in Nigeria can be compared with him na.

Is that not why you folks want him?I expect him to do CHANGE things over night na!
Even 6 months too much sef!

Now, bros, I wont promise you I would be fair or have the kind of patience I have for Jonathan or are you thinking Buhari is over rated?
I think that what Jonathan could not in four years, Buhari can do far more better in 4 months!

No body should blame me o!
My expectations are beyond the skies, and it was based on the hype about Buhari.

No excuses, no dulling, no delays.

As for the so called bitterness in my heart, you really do not understand!
One day, I will explain in simple terms what this is all about!
But I can assure this: it is not bitterness.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Canme4u:

In Osho Baba's voice, "You can go and die" if he doesn't give you in 6 months what GEJ couldn't give you in 6 years. E-diotal.

Spit on the thread, wore #ABUSEprove and runs outa here.

hahahahaahahaha!

Bros, I no dey die anything!
I go dey gidigba! dey wait for dey the astronomical CHANGE as promised by the "progressives"!
And there is nothing wrong if it comes in 6 months!

Please as you dey run out of thread, look wella ooo, no go jam motor!

2 Likes

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by egopersonified(f): 11:47am On Apr 01, 2015
talk2riel:

I swear you no well. People are having a serious discuss, you are cracking joke this morning.
Are you related to basketmouth.

I swear you well. Are you the only one on this thread?
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Canme4u(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

hahahahaahahaha!

Bros, I no dey die anything!
I go dey gidigba! dey wait for dey the astronomical CHANGE as promised by the "progressives"!
And there is nothing wrong if it comes in 6 months!

Please as you dey run out of thread, look wella ooo, no go jam motor!

grin I love your responds. Noone would die, we will all be here to reap the fruit of the change we yearn for.

Let us give them chance to settle down, study the economy and make new policies. Am telling you, its gonna take some time but we would definitely get there.

....but if at the end of their 4 years in office and they didn't perform up to our expectation, we would kick them out. Thats my believe.

One love man. cheesy
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Goandie: 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

You know I was ready to for the attacks of the e-army of the "progressives"
I was even ready to stand alone for what I believe in!

You can see their responses.

They are calling "bitter" because they are all myopic!
Their visions were so blurred by Bitterness that they never saw anything good in the works of Jonathan!
Now, their vision is further blurred by their victory at the polls!

As much my heart condition is my personal franchise, if I am bitter, it is not new!
They were overtly bitter, so bitter against Jonathan that his giant strides in
-Agriculture
-Rail way
-Attraction of Investments
-Education
-Industrialization
amongst others were greeted by criticisms

One of their very own in the person fashola even went against the noble intention of Jonathan of gathering the abandoned almajeri kids of the north, give them education and food.

It was so shameful
Abegi park for one side joor, U pple did not ask ur Gej 2 prove all dis wen he was there as d president, why did u not ask him for 24hrs lite or all d promises he made did he fulfil dem.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Canme4u:

grin I love your responds. Noone would die, we will all be here to reap the fruit of the change we yearn for.

Let us give them chance to settle down, study the economy and make new policies. Am telling you, its gonna take some time but we would definitely get there.

....but if at the end of their 4 years in office and they didn't perform up to our expectation, we would kick them out. Thats my believe.

One love man. cheesy

Bros, you cannot kick them out!
Instead, of them to go out, they will make Nigeria ungovernable!

Nigeria has missed a great leader in Jonathan.

Do you mean we have to wait a whole 4 years before we see Nigerian turn to Dubai?

No na!
Please, dont belittle our CHANGE agents oo.
You will see, within one year, Nigeria might become like a paradise on earth!

Job for all
House for all
food for all
car for all
American visa for all
You just name it.

No more deaths,
no more violence and blood letting
no more criminals
no more corruption.

mmmmmmmmmh!
Wow! I swimming in Utopia already.

Make una no derail am oooooo!
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Goandie:

Abegi park for one side joor, U pple did not ask ur Gej 2 prove all dis wen he was there as d president, why did u not ask him for 24hrs lite or all d promises he made did he fulfil dem.

I don park wella bro!
I dey wait for CHANGE from now on!

I have accepted Jonathan could not do it!,
So Buhari should do it sharp sharp, abi no be CHANGE again?

Buhari has no option than to do it and without delay!
No excuses, no blaming, no dulling!

Except if you think the man is over rated!

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Canme4u:

One love man. cheesy

Bros, thanks.

Honestly I am having real fun here!
Especially, when the 'change" agents here think I am actually talking about Buhari!
Many of them cannot read between the lines.

It is just fun watching them throwing tantrums like 1 year old kids, swearing and cursing like "winch" them and behaving like touts at motor park!

They promised magical change, I have not asked for anything different!

Emmmm, Ebuka, oya run go mama Ngozi corner and order another plate of Nkwobi for this bros!
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Goandie: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

I don park wella bro!
I dey wait for CHANGE from now on!

I have accepted Jonathan could not do it!,
So Buhari should do it sharp sharp, abi no be CHANGE again?

Buhari has no option than to do it and without delay!
No excuses, no blaming, no dulling!

Except if you think the man is over rated!

Go and make him do it sharp sharp now shebi u sabi d way 2 him house now.
He has four year, we will judge him btwn that 4yrs coz presi jona as destroy the house nd buhari will av 2 build a strong foundation 1st be4 buildin d house 2 move naija 4ward
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Mortiano(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Demdem:

U mean the useless lies u are brandishing about eh?
he knows his promises and what he stated and not the exaggerated ones by ur kind as long as Jonah-daft and his cronies doesn't completely deplete our resources as a result of their greed.
u said, our resources,, parasites like u

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Goandie:

Go and make him do it sharp sharp now shebi u sabi d way 2 him house now.
He has four year, we will judge him btwn that 4yrs coz presi jona as destroy the house nd buhari will av 2 build a strong foundation 1st be4 buildin d house 2 move naija 4ward

Bros, I dont know his house oo!

Yet, i will like to know what you mean by Jona destroying house!
The records never go far!

The man met a dead rail way system, he brought it back tolive
Investors were running away from Nigeria, he attracted plenty of them!
Do you know how many vehicle plants we have in Nigeria today?

Shall I mention agriculture?

It is obvious you guys have started with excuses already and I say no excuses!
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by gists: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

Shebi Buhari na the only answer to all the problems of Nigeria?
No one in Nigeria can be compared with him na.

Is that not why you folks want him?I expect him to do CHANGE things over night na!
Even 6 months too much sef!

Now, bros, I wont promise you I would be fair or have the kind of patience I have for Jonathan or are you thinking Buhari is over rated?
I think that what Jonathan could not in four years, Buhari can do far more better in 4 months!

No body should blame me o!
My expectations are beyond the skies, and it was based on the hype about Buhari.

No excuses, no dulling, no delays.

As for the so called bitterness in my heart, you really do not understand!
One day, I will explain in simple terms what this is all about!
But I can assure this: it is not bitterness.

Everybody expectation is high. Mine is probably higher than yours. But I will not leave in fo0ls paradise to expect all these miracles in 6months. Buhari and his team never promised an overnight miracle success. If he did, be kind enough to show us where. GEJ met the naira at around 115 per dollar. Instead of improving on it after six years, the naira has depreciated to over N220/$ but you want this reversed to N100/$ in 6 months. GEJ met deplorable electricity infrastructure in the country generating at around 4000MW. After six years the only thing he can show is lower generation inspite of several recommissioning of more power stations leading to supposed higher generating capacity. And of course, the conclusion of privatisation of PHCN that OBJ started. Yet you want steady power in 6months. Insurgents have always being in the country, but after 6yrs it get to a whole new level that we even lost some parts of the country to insurgents. You didn't ask GEJ to perform but rather put the blame on people that have no control over the army and other security. After 6yrs of GEJ gov, many companies embarked on massive downsizing. I know because I am a lucky survivor. Yet you want all graduates employed in the twinkle on an eye because your kinsman has been sacked.

I will criticise GMB gov. if he fails to deliver key milestones within 4yrs. But to expect miracles in 6 months is just very silly.
BTW your demands are inspired by nothing but bitterness.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Goandie: 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, I dont know his house oo!

Yet, i will like to know what you mean by Jona destroying house!
The records never go far!

The man met a dead rail way system, he brought it back tolive
Investors were running away from Nigeria, he attracted plenty of them!
Do you know how many vehicle plants we have in Nigeria today?

Shall I mention agriculture?

It is obvious you guys have started with excuses already and I say no excuses!

Guy keep deluding urself with d fake revived rail station and D ghost investors ur talkin bout.
Vehicle plant that ur talkin bout, how much are dey sellin it, can d below average naija afford it.
My guy presi jona is visionless leader with nothing 2 braga bout.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Goandie:

Guy keep deluding urself with d fake revived rail station and D ghost investors ur talkin bout.
Vehicle plant that ur talkin bout, how much are dey sellin it, can d below average naija afford it.
My guy presi jona is visionless leader with nothing 2 braga bout.

The rail transformation is fake?
The agricultural impact must be fake too!

We are already set to see Buhari perform fake!

he has even started!

I listened to his acceptance speech!
So fake a speech!

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Gbawe: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
@OP

You make me laugh. You and all the many others starting these sentimental threads have been cracking me up since yesterday. I am walking and browsing NL and laughing wildly only for people to look at me as if I am mad. All because of the inane utterance of many of you. Do you think you can play opposition like we did for the past 4 year?

PDP , supporters + leaders, is a gang of bigots, divisive characters, prejudiced individuals, unpatriotic elements, mercenaries, crooks and get-rich-quick scammers . You are not equipped to play opposition and you will tire in the first month of trying to do so because it is those who passionately care about Nigeria who can take seriously the role of constantly exposing and criticising what Government is doing wrong. Is it you and others always agitating for the break-up of Nigeria, and display apathy for Nigerian developmental politics, who will now be an effective opposition?

Look at Nigeria. The most vocal critics of governments over the years have not really changed. They are the Gani Fawehinmi, Festus Keyamo, Ogaga Ifowodo, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, Sonala Olumhense, Pat Utomi, Sowore (saharareporters) et al. This are people passionate about fighting misrule and genuinely desirous of seeing a great Nigeria while you and most supporters of the PDP are very comfortable supporting misrule with how you queued clannishly behind GEJ. PDP leaders are even worse than you their supporters because they will lose their voice when there is no free money from the centre to buy 'lubricant' (Henessy et al) for their throat and no N1 billion naira food available to eat.

Face reality the PDP will make a crap opposition for the very thing that made it a very crap ruling Party i.e the fact it is full of men/women who are mere mercenaries with no intellectual depth, enduring political conviction or passion to improve the lives of ordinary Nigerians. You can console yourself but I think solid performance from the APC ensuring the basic problems of Nigeria are resolved , e.g power supply, is enough to keep the PDP an opposition Party. Talk less of the problem of the indolence and lack of innate political brilliance of the PDP today which GEJ helped to create with how he chased out all the sagacious politicians in the PDP like Amaechi, Kwankwaso et al. Let me wish you 'goodluck' in advance with your efforts at being a proactive opposition. You will soon realise opposition politics suck if you are not driven by passion for a better Nigeria as we were.

4 Likes

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by dazangel12: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
he must stabilize oil prize too
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Ikology(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Purge out the bitterness in your vile heart. Buhari will be your next president in 8years. Think about the future of our people and demand for equity.
8years smh! Let him fulfill his campaign promises first.
Blind followership

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by ndcide(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
I am sure going to demand good governance from buhari himself, till the very last. No one should tell me I have a state governor.

Because most ineptitude of state governors, from north to south were blamed on the the President. Even the Ogbeni who could fund campaigns and sponsor delegates but could not pay civil servants, also brazenly blamed it on the President.

I see no reason not to measure buhari likewise.

Also,

@Gbawe who made his intelligent point. I hope when you and some of the names you listed above, see any form of misrule, you'd be bold enough to say it as it is. It should no longer be about removing PDP. It should be about the Nigeria project.

The point some of us are making is that; We shall not reduce the bar, or shift the goal post for any reason. It not about PDP. besides most of us do not belong to the party. If PDP is not a good opposition , WE THE PEOPLE will deal with that.

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Bayswater: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mynd44:
Inflated expectations is going to do us in at last

You are already preparing grounds to make excuses for his potential failure.

He had better do the right thing. We want light 24 hours. When will the unemployed youths start collecting their N5000 allowance?

1 Like

Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bayswater:

You are already preparing grounds to make excuses for his potential failure.

He had better do the right thing. We want light 24 hours. When will the unemployed youths start collecting their N5000 allowance?
You people forget that APC has played opposition politics for 16 years. They know how to reply y'all
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Bayswater: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:

You people forget that APC has played opposition politics for 16 years. They know how to reply y'all

I know they will claim the success and development they have not achieved through the media but we are still waiting, Buhari has set the tone already - He will crush Boko Haram in two months, Which BH is he talking about? The one wey GEJ don finish or the one his people are sponsoring?
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 02, 2015
Mortiano:

u said, our resources,, parasites like u

Yes, our resources. Do ur worse or better still go and die.
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by khalleb(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2015
noblezone:

Hahahahaha!
He needs time to do what?=

If he does not understand the "rot" as created by Jonathan, why id he contest in the first place?
You mean the defense has already started?

Anyway, I am expecting 25 - hours power supply by December or .....

He needs time to do what=to rebuild the damage done by Gej for good 6yrs

If he does not understand the "rot" as created by Jonathan, why id he contest in the first place= he understand the rot ( damage) and he shown to us how he will correct it you can browse through his manifesto

Anyway, I am expecting 25 - hours power supply by
December or ...= or what? but let me help you kos I know you made a mistake dre

this what you should have said (Anyway am expecting improvement in power before December 2015 not 25hr power supply he's not a magician
Re: As Buhari Constitutes His Government, We Constitutive The Opposition! by Kingspin(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2015
We are waiting for that miracle and magic from Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Biblical Warning Of Isiah To Nigeria - the land divided by rivers / This Is What The Almighty Buhari Can Pull In Sokoto? / Residents Confronts Nigeria Police Officers In Obigbo, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.