Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (8219 Views)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2006
aloib:

exactly i was going to ask, because i'm not really a fan of hers, but my kuya likes him, does seh sing rock

She tried to sing rock. She failed miserably. Plus she annoys me generally. I don't know why.

iice:

Yea all the more interesting. grin grin grin

Really? Is that so? Ok. He can't get me though. I'm covered.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by aloib(f): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
ahh ok, i dig now, gracias
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
What song abeg, do u know the name? so i can look for it and hear how she sucks? lol

Ps i like liz phair!! Used to like hole but they no more.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2006
No, I  really don't remember what the song was called. I tried to forget it as quickly as possible. It shouldn't be very hard to find it online though. If you have any trouble finding it, it's probably because Charlotte's managers are trying to hide the evidence.  cheesy
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2006
LMAO. .let them better hide it
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by LanreDaMan(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2006
Hi
While in school people always complained about how diffrent my musical taste was . Even the guy I buy CDs from he always buys Rock CD solely for me.
It is nice to see that I am not alone with respect to my musical taste
Dont get me wrong I listen to other genres but I LOVE the sound of HEAVY METAL

Any way I love listening to the ffg
Meatloaf, Guns and Roses, Metallica, Linking Park, CREED, Evan Essence, Lenny Kravitz, Aerosmith, I could go on and on
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by topsydoo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2006
rock is kool,esp soft rock, though aint av total craze for rock as i do for classicals; coldplay stands out!
his lyrics,compositin and renditions are super.
david usher, avril lavigne, lenny kravitz are also gud ones.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by topsydoo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2006
veterans like linkin park and father"aeosmith" are also in the fold.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by NSNA: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2006
i listen to linkin park, creed, metallica, avril the girl, guns n roses, radio head, green day and a whole lot of them. i be correct 9 ja make una no mistake
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by samorijack(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2006
I'M A HUGGEEEEEE DABE MATTHEWS BAND FAN,I PLAY THE GUITAR AND I CURRENTLY SEEK ANYONE WHO CAN PLAY THE VIOLYIN,OR PIANO OR THE CHELLO.I,IN FACT ANY INSTRUMENT AT ALL .LET'S MAKE MUSIC TOGETHER,WHO KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN.YOU CAN HOLLER AT MERON 08023679938,YOU WON'T REGRET IT . ALSO ANY ONE INTERESTED IN CONTRIBUTING POSITIVELY IS WELCOME,
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by samorijack(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2006
sorry that was dave matthews band
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2006
Not my type of Music undecided
But Kurt Cobain RIP was soemthing else
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2006
He sure was; he sure was.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by naijacutee(f): 12:00am On Sep 14, 2006
Dang people! Good to se naija brothers and sisters rocking on. I listen to nothing but rock . A few mainstream but mostly christian rock. You lot asked for it, heres the truck load, especially as I have nothing better to do at this hour.

Secular/Mainstream : Iron Maiden, Wheatus, Nickelback, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Green Day, Evanescence, Guns and Roses, Meatloaf, Fall out boy, Panic! at the disco, Keane, Coldplay, THE KILLERS (oh my gosh, they are awesome!), The cure, Kaiser chiefs, Hard-fi, Arctic monkeys, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bloc Party, Creed!!!!, The calling, Staind, Sting, Nirvana, Ok Go, Nodoubt, Linkin Park, Sum 41, Alien Ant Farm, Puddle of mud, John Mayer, Seether, Jane's Addiction, Athlete, My Chemical romance, 3 Doors down, Five for fighting, U2, Jack Johnson, Counting Crows, Jet, Aerosmith, The White Stripes, Savage Garden, Jimmy Eat world, The yeah yeah yeahs, Foo Fighters, Fuel, Train etc

Christian : Chevelle, Switchfoot, Jars of Clay,Sanctus Real, Relient K, Dead Poetic, Demon Hunter, Blindside, Red, Anberlin!!!!!!!!, 12 stones, P.O.D, Lifehouse, Slick shoes, Toby Mac, Spoken, Falling up, Pillar, Newsboys, Stereo Motion, Family Force 5, Barlowgirl, Third day, Smalltown poets, Plumb, Skillet, Flyleaf, Project 86, Albatross (Eat lightening shit thunder), Kutless, Seventh day slumber, Audio Adrenaline, Hawk Nelson, Seven Places, Sky harbor, Subseven, Foolish Things, Jonah 33, Thousand Foot Krutch, MXPX, Earthsuit, Mutemath, 38th parallel, April sixth, Kings X,Fono, Big Dismal, Day of fire, Five Iron Frenzy, Emery, Cadet, Delirious, Buck enterprises,Futher seems forever, OC Supertones, Superchic[k]Justifide,Number One Gun, PAX 217,The W's, The elms, If I remember anymore, I'll let you guys know!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by samorijack(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2006
hello nijacutee,that was really some catologue,anyone who can churn out that many names is definately someone i'd like to meet,can we work it out ? my number's 08023679938. I don't know where you're ,pls holler a.s.a.p, i'd really like to hear from you , i think you're cool
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by naijacutee(f): 12:56am On Sep 14, 2006
You mean you can put your number up on a public website? shocked
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by samorijack(m): 1:04am On Sep 14, 2006
well ,it's not like my options are that many ,however sometimes a little evil is necessary for a greater good, you're so sure it's mine wink
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by labiran(m): 1:06am On Sep 14, 2006
I'm a rock fan. why??
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by samorijack(m): 1:11am On Sep 14, 2006
hi labrian,don't know what to make of your message,could you pls be a little specific,tanxz i appreciate your correspondence
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by b2dl(f): 1:29am On Sep 14, 2006
oh!!!!!!!! rock, i love rock n soft rock does it 4 me,
frm avril to kelly c, hoobastank, nickleback, U2, a lil of green day, a lil of linkin park, coldplay, fall out boy,
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by b2dl(f): 1:40am On Sep 14, 2006
not 4gettn Lenny Kravitz, creed, the all american rejects, Evanescence!!!(how cud i av 4gotten), sting, nirvana, n lots more.

gospel rock : gosh!!! i feel d music in d core of my being, Barlow girl(mirror-my favourite), jars of clay, third day(i so totally love dis track -offering), john reuben, relent k, plumb, seven places, switch foot, n so much more. cant jus remember any more.

peace!!! wink
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Kadeejah(f): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2006
i dont do rock buh i dont mind listenin to fefe dobson, good charlotte n click 5
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Planner(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2006
A friend of mine who is a rock introduced me to the music. Rock is a very lovely genre of music. I love so many rock artists like Michelle Branch, Alanis, bowling for soup, alien ant farm and so many of them. They are quite inspirational. Gospel rock are the bomb. Has anybody listened to Three63?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2006
There are only two musicians in Nigeria who are really good in rock music Rymzo http://www.myspace.com/rymzo and Dabyna Abraham http://www.myspace.com/dabynaabraham

I gave up rock music in 1985. Because, Nigerian recording companies were not interested in rock music. And the last time I performed rock music on a live stage was with Dabyna in 2002 at the French Cultural Centre in Ikoyi, Lagos. I did only one song "Darego" and the reception was good. But I have not recorded the song.

The best rock guitarist Nigeria has ever had is Cookie Monster who was part of the rockers when we were at the St.Gregory's College in Lagos.

The Nigerian musician who can really play rock as good as the best in the world is Keziah Jones. But he prefers Blufunk.

If you cannot play the guitar very well, you cannot play rock music.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Numerouno(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2006
U guys aren't saying anything about the new and younger rock bands that are burning the charts like Panic at the Disco!, Falll out Boy, The Zutons, All American Rejects, Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser chiefs. But if you ask me my personal all time favourites include Coldplay, Avril Lavigne and Green Day. Where the hell is Hoobastank!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by naijacutee(f): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2006
@ Planner

Oh I love me some Tree63!!! I got two tickets to go and watch them live together with Switchfoot at Shepherd Bush Empire last month but they did a no show. Im still dissappointed till today, My precious £20.00!

How could I forget Franz Ferdinand? I've got their ALL the albums on my laptop!! THANKS TO LIMEWIRE and Bowling for soup rock! I love their video 'Girl all the bad guys want' , Its hilarious!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2006
Franz ferdinand got crazy cool vids lol. Like the white stripes too and am so loving Gym Class Heroes grin
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by aloib(f): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2006
iice:

Franz ferdinand got crazy cool vids lol. Like the white stripes too and am so loving Gym Class Heroes grin

hallozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cheesy
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2006
Hola!!! lol
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by lauryn(f): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2006
adios angry
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by aloib(f): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2006
sis, lmao make we sell this gurl cheesy
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2006
ahahhahaha lauryn, no adios now, stay

Sis, abeg help me look for that pesin wey want my contacts, tamad ako eh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Asa - Caught With Heroine In London Heathrow Airport: True or False? (Rumour) / DOWNLOAD Wizkid Ft Paedae Of R2bees - Thats Me / Download Naira Marley Ft C Black – Tingasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.