Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (8336 Views)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2006
Gosh! There are quite a few of us. Nice!

Rock On!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2006
Aloib, catch ya later or 2mrw sis, friends dey disturb me make i come hang out lol kahit la pera yay! lol.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by berserker(m): 11:13am On Sep 16, 2006
ever haerd of sergent plus they a rock band based in nigeria i am also feeling linkin park and avril lavril
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2006
@berserker,

Does 'sergent plus' have any songs online? If they do, please provide a link. I've never heard a nigerian rock band.

*Oh yeah, welcome to NL.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by madlawyer1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2006
Jesus, Nutter, you and Chxta are the same thing!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2006
madlawyer1:

Jesus, Nutter, you and Chxta are the same thing!

cheesy

Jesus, Nutter and Chxta are the same thing? Ok. Thank you. I think.  undecided tongue

[s]I know that's not what your sentence meant but it's funnier the way I said it - at least I believe it is[/s]  wink tongue
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by babadee(m): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2006
Rock rocks!!!
talk about u2, bon jovi, RHCP, dave mattews, maroon 5, enya, matchbox 20, the calling, oasis, travis, just too numerous to mention.
ya'll keep it real
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by bami(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2006
saliva, nickelback,live, rasmus, evanescence do ha ve some of the greatest songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8c7IIXhbIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olV6jof1E-o

two of my favourite movie rock soundtracks

"hero" - spiderman
"bring me to life" - daredevil
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by sirwebs(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2006
I love rock. But some of my pals think it strange. Over here its somewhat difficult to get the CDs early enough. I believe Rock (not heavy metal) is a better art form than hip Pop. And people who play rock usually have a higher IQ than those who play rap. Think about it.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by bami(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2006
yes hip hop fans look dumb just like 50cents
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iriskiki(f): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2006
nilla, aloib, iice, bami, firewire, im sooooo sorry the way i left. i was actually at the office when i droped that note. i had to get back to work. i would prefer noty to say what station i work in at this time wink for obvious reasons. grin. im not a star but my love for rock brings me out. ;Dim used to being called weird because of it, im glad you like the idea of a get together,, itll surely take a lot, so whats new. any news on the rock scene. by the way i HAVE heard of a nigerian rock group. they sound more like linkin park. but super lovely, i think they are called the rooftop mc's,
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by aloib(f): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2006
hmm nice its ok, i understand

, maybe i used to even listn to u in naija, i know one rock show a lady used to prsent, sha i cant remember, ainti naija now so dunno watsup,
sha ill try and bring updates, i'm off to bed, mwahh
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by naijacutee(f): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2006
sirwebs:

I love rock. But some of my pals think it strange. Over here its somewhat difficult to get the CDs early enough. I believe Rock (not heavy metal) is a better art form than hip Pop. And people who play rock usually have a higher IQ than those who play rap. Think about it.

I disagree o. Its not at all difficult to get rock CDs in Nigeria. In fact, with all the influx of pirated stuff into the country, its even easier. I was in Nigeria last Christmas and I went to a roadside music vendor and lo and behold he had the complete Nickelback - 'Faraway' album which was not due to be released in the UK until March!!! And he even had difficulty selling it, meaning it had been there for quite a while, I ended up buying it for =N= 120.00

When I got back to the UK, my friends couldn't believe it as they were waiting eagerly for the release date, so abeg forget that thing o, these things are in Nigeria before they even get out here. I dont know whether the pirates hide in the studio with a recorder.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by bami(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2006
finding rock cds in nigeria are not difficult, i did buy nickelback's "all the right reasons" album in school and i did enjoy it untill it got scratched. But now i have an mp3 cd i bought in school and it contains about 6 albums in it which includes evanescence, nickelback, greenday, bon jovi, the corrs and linkinpark all in one.

Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by labiran(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2006
I bought a lot of rock CDs in naija.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by saintkola(m): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2006
I luv james blunt, nickleback, kelly clarkson, bon jovi, linkin park. No offence but i hate d gorrillaz.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by saintkola(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2006
I luv james blunt, nickleback, kelly clarkson, bon jovi, linkin park. No offence but i hate d gorrillaz.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 1:04am On Sep 18, 2006
Wow, i love gorillaz, the base player got me trippin lmfao.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by molluma(f): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2006
i love rock.3 doors down, nickel bac,avril,evanessence,green day,james blunt,creed i cld go on and on.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2006
jeeezas!!!! it took me awhile to locate the "reply tab" responding to the ROCK issue, aint that suppose to be "white people music? now why would a black person( and i assume y'all are black) want to PRETEND to love an alien artform?
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by justkunmi(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2006
its so nice to see how you guys love rock.its a great feelin to know i'm not alone. my best rock songs

carlifornication - redhot chili peppers
blurry - puddle of mud
so far away - staind
perfect - simple plan
zephry song - redhot chili peppers
one last breath - creed
dare you to move - switchfoot
sunday morning - maroon 5
talk - coldplay
papercut - redhot chili peppers
beveryly hills- weezer
are we the waiting - greenday
3 by 5 - john mayer
iris - googoo dolls

the list is endless, pls does anyone have howie day's album. i've been looking for their album for a very long time.even my ever faithful guy i get my rock cds from cant get it. i really love the song "collide".

NB; Please, i think we rock fans should wirte a letter to star, gulder, guiness or any other major company to please organise a rock concert here in naija. they would be amazed at the turn out. twould be nice to see linkin park, evanescence, greenday, foo fighters, chemical brothers. twould be maaaaadddd. we'll rock till morning.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2006
@Justkunmi,

That's a good idea. I also believe the turnout will be quite large.

*I think we should also make arrangements to send the poster above you (jammin) to Marilyn Manson for some, erm, 'treatment'*.

Rock On!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by justkunmi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2006
who would u like to see in concert in nigeria, ?? for me its greenday
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by xkape(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
I am limewireing some of the songs on justkumis list. cos i have this never-ending thirst for rock
So let me give a list of my fav rock tracks maybe some of yall might try them out too

Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Scientist- Cold Play
Yellow- Cold Play
Angels and Devils - Dishwalla
In My Place- Cold Play
Poethically Pathetic- Amber Pacific
Colour Blind - Counting Crows
Hate Me - Blue October
Whats My Name Again - Blink 182
Let My Love Open the Door -Audio Adrenaline
Kiss Me- Sixpence
Maria - Blondie
Undone- Korn (though this one qualifies as "demonic"wink
Skater Boi- Avril
What if I stumble? - DC Talk
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2006
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! man i never see so many people suffering from the complex(I). for the caucasions that are here i have no problem with you "Biggin up" your stars, but for those that are black, maaan that just demoralising.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by xkape(m): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ jamming
U r the one suffering from a classic freudian inferiority complex. The only reason why u oppose "white music" so much is cos u r feel so deeply inferior that you cant even openly appreciate anything good associated with ur object of adoration.
By the way, Little Richard was the originator of Rock and Roll. And it doesnt realy matter who plays the music, even if they were blue, as long as it rocks!!
I am sure u r one of those pple that listen to mentally challenged pple like 50cents cos they r black
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by comchi(f): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2006
y'all are just talkin about coldplay,lavigne,hot chili peps and greenday,has no one haerd about three doors down?they are cool u know
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2006
@eskape. my "object of adoration", i was about to say something classically insulting,but thought better of it. suffice it to say those mentally challenge people you referred to are making MILLIONS, and that my friend is what counts in this world of ours. Also when you patronize those white artist you impoverish their black counterparts, continuing the cycle of the "wretched of the earth"
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by Nutter(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
justkunmi:

who would u like to see in concert in nigeria, ?? for me its greenday

Yeah, Green Day is perfect for a show in nigeria. They'll get the crowd going proper! But, no Rock Show will be complete without Bon Jovi. Their music is generic enough to entice ‘non-believers’ while losing nothing of its credibility. Same goes for Coldplay, Maroon 5 and perhaps, Nickleback. Manson will bomb in Lagos. He should never be invited. I hate that Manson bloke/chick I do.  angry

@xkape,

cheesy You have answered Jammin well. There is nothing left to add. Meanwhile, I didn’t know you were a fan. Good to know there are more people in this our ‘Twilight Zone’.
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 1:42am On Sep 21, 2006
Ahahahahaha, a rock concert would be nice.
@xscape, my favorite korn track would be - twisted transistor

@Nutter, its okay to hate him grin grin i like him tongue tongue

b.d.w is lenny kravitz not black too? Or the lead singer of Rage against the machine? White music ke, music is meant to be appreciated and enjoyed. If you no like am na your own. I like rock just fine but i also like my hiphop too so make we enjoy music people tongue tongue
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by jammin(m): 2:09am On Sep 21, 2006
what would a 61 yr old know about music? iice wink i notice your avatar is of a white frozen face, pray tell, does that represent the real you?
of coure i listen to rock music but i dont glorify the artist. matter-of fact i have a collection of ROCK on my harddrive and i will download some song which i hear on the radio or see on the tv which tickle my fancy, BUT!!!!!
Re: Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? by iice(f): 2:18am On Sep 21, 2006
I hope at my age i would know something about music tongue Yeah the avatar is more like bluish, i was going for that. Hmmmmm the real me is of different shades and layers. grin grin Ok so maybe those who glorify the rockers actually like them for something they represent other than the color of their skin. Like me, i like some of marilyn manson's music, but i think him as an individual is more interesting. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Official VIDEO: Patoranking – Another Level / (latest Music Video Update)get Latest Mp4/mp3 Here.. / A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.