Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,812 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (48986 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari / EMBARRASSING! CNN Interviews Soldiers On Front Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by eCollynzo: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Even after winning the election, this man still has no idea of how to tackle our problems.
I just dey laugh.

11 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Trustgt(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
CNN associating with good things.

The government must block all avenues where this country is bleeding financially.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by bxcode(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
The money saved from corruption? Okay o. Lemme reserve my comments for now. Good bless Nigeria. undecided

6 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
[b]IF NIGERIA IS REALLY READY TO TACKLE CORRUPTION, IT WILL TACKLE IT. IF WE ARE READY FOR A BETTER NIGERIA IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE AND I THINK ONLY AN OLD MAN LIKE BUHARI AND A CHURCH-MAN LIKE OSINBAJO ARE FIT FOR THAT

[size=14pt]Buhari is so old that amassing wealth for himself would be useless to him. Even when he was much younger, he didn't steal a dime, so it's going to be odd for him trying to do it when he is 73.

Buhari is a military man, so it will fare better for him. Only a military man will say HEY and people will tremble. It will take only a FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI to defy the instruction of a military man. Buhari will monitor every little fund he releases and will be ready to probe you and jail you if he finds you faulty.

Jonathan have to cooperate and release all the stolen money o. because the economic condition Buhari will find himself in at the time of his resumption eh, it will not be funny at all.

I believe BUHARI can do it. With OSINBAJO by his side remembering him that Nigeria is not a mosque, but a country, islamization will never be in the agenda. Also, Nigeria is not a Church, therefore all these prophets and pastors dictating for the president will be a thing of the past. [/b][/size]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by nerfetiti: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
I hope the general will not let us down....visit ridenattyride.com for more exclusives
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wohoho! Nigerians are celebrating, PDP is
sinking, results are trickling, INEC is
announcing, APC is smiling, change is
looming, youths are tweeting, facebookers
are posting, whatsappers are broadcasting,
south- south is rigging, international
community is watching, Orubebe is raking,
obasanjo is warning, Yorubas are
progressing, the North is jubilating, igbos
are regretting, Jonathan is parking, boko
haram is relocating, Sure-p is closing, Tan is
folding, fani Kayode is purging, Muazu is
watching, Asari dokubo is wailing,
oritsejafor is crying, patience jonathan is
speaking,Ayo Fayose and Mimiko are preparing to face cases.
......Welcome To New Era.......

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Misogynist2014(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Just like yesterday..........
Nothing as sweet as success.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by babadee1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
For goodness sakes it's too soon for GMB to be giving interviews to CNN. The first few days should be spent of consolidating his victory and developing strategies for governance. He's probably still sleep deprived and over stressed from the whole election process. That Amanpour interview wasn't a good look at all.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by TopGee: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
I didn't vote for Buhari because everybody must not vote for him, but I pray he succeed.

6 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Primme(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jst don't disappoint us ooo! Is our vote dat put u on dat sit ooo.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
smurfy:
The interview was conducted by Christianne Amanpour. It ended at 7:30 pm of 1st April.

In the interview, Buhari refutes general allegations of not being a democrat stressing the fact that he'd followed due process in the past elections that he lost.

On how he planned to tackle economic challenges in the face of dwindling oil prices, the general stressed that the money saved from corruption and other avenues are enough to handle the country's economic challenges.

Nigeria Sai Mai Gaskiya!

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
H
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Pebcak: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
DAN BOROBA if i hear Clueless
See package
See confidence

No more if money is missing USA will know now when money is missing KIRIKIRI will be ready for visitors

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by TopGee: 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pebcak:
DAN BOROBA if i hear Clueless
See package
See confidence
No more if money is missing USA will know

Stop abusing your serving President. Others may do to Buhari same way. It's wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by BRAV0O(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
eCollynzo:
Even after winning the election, this man still has no idea of how to tackle our problems.
I just dey laugh.
u ar a phool! Na u know how to tackle nigeria problem ?

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by manck2: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
[b][size=18pt]The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner...

Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo Vs shagari under Justice Akinjide case) (reason why this law, is because of tribalism in nigeria.)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.

Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.[/size][/b]

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by MKO4ever(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
Confirmed
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by paullo240: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
As a pan Nigerian, I want to congratulate
President-Elect, Rtd GMB.
Obviously I didn't vote for you because of your
age, your antecedents especially what you did
when you lost the elections in 2011(the
bloodbath), some of the corrupt persons(to my
ranking) around you, your hatred for free press,
your tribal sentiments, your silence over the
senseless killings in the North, that a set of
people are born to rule in a free country in a
21st century and how your forbears including
you didn't address the Niger Delta
environmental degradation and infrastructural
decay despite the huge resources the region
gives to the federation inspite of the many years
the North has ruled the nation but most
importantly that you will take away my right to
worship and impose an alien religion to me by
islamizing my nation(I think I was made to
believe). Sir the list is endless.
However, by over 2million votes, you are now
the President-Elect. Welcome on board. Like
every Nigerian you will have to address my fears
inorder to buy my confidence that you will be
fair to all, you will allow free press, that I will
not be judged based on where am coming from
by reason of tribe or language to be considered
placement into any office anywhere in the
country but only on the basis of merit.
Let me add Sir, the days ahead will be
challenging, the Nigeria of the military era is not
the Nigeria of today, I'm aware you know
because things have changed, your popular
slogan. Corruption is at its highest crescendo,
the rich gets richer while the poor gets poorer,
the east west road urgently needs attention,
power instability, the dollarization of the naira,
criminality, nepotism, ethnicity, crisis in the
judiciary, tribalism, kidnapping and armed
robbery, godfatherism, incessant strikes,
insecurity, poverty, unemployment, the bad
roads, the rot in the health and education sector
(please see to the education of my almajiri
brothers and girl child education). I forgot to
add Niger Delta needs real development(hmmm,
please don't play politics with this one) and
don't even go near the islamization of anybody
(the resistance will be bloody). Sir, Nigeria is not
Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo or even North and South.
History and time have enlightened us Nigeria is
bigger than the trio. Give us the feeling of
"Nigerianess". Do not let things degenerate so
we do not disintegrate. You were given a baton
of one Nigeria, do hand same to the next
peacefully when your days are due.
The challenges are numerous but you said you
will fix it so you chanted "change". In your
words, "Nigerians, you voted for change and
change is here". We embrace the change.
Let me gently submit, the same mouth that
shouted "here comes the saviour" when the
going was sweet also shouted "crucify him"!
Nigerians cannot love you more than they love
their country. So if you don't want us to shout
"Revolution" down the line, keep to your words
by giving us the much anticipated change.
I shall hold you in my prayers. May God grant
you the desired wisdom.
Congratulations and I wish you goodluck.
*ForTheLoveOfCountry*

5 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Pebcak: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
TopGee:

Stop abusing your serving President. Others may do to Buhari same way. It's wrong.

OK Sir noted, no more abuse and no more clueless, no more "you reporters know more than i do".......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by ekemini84(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Dummy! why post a pic? Why not the video so Nigerians can hear your generals response to hard hitting questions. Real hard questions you shitty chicken press couldn't ask.

Do you have regrets for your past misdeed as a dictator and those who were wrongfully imprison ?(paraphrased)

No they were drug traffickers lol!
Who made u judge?

What is worst than a clueless president?
An unrepentant dictator.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by TopGee: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
But Jega never announced the result when Orubebe started raking.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by vivacious01: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jos was agog for you today my president,I wish you were in Jos today,this kind general acceptance,i never see.Long live my President-elect.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Pebcak: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
SammyHoe:
[b]IF NIGERIA IS REALLY READY TO TACKLE CORRUPTION, IT WILL TACKLE IT. IF WE ARE READY FOR A BETTER NIGERIA IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE AND I THINK ONLY AN OLD MAN LIKE BUHARI AND A CHURCH-MAN LIKE OSINBAJO ARE FIT FOR THAT

[size=14pt]Buhari is so old that amassing wealth for himself would be useless to him. Even when he was much younger, he didn't steal a dime, so it's going to be odd for him trying to do it when he is 73.

Buhari is a military man, so it will fare better for him. Only a military man will say HEY and people will tremble. It will take only a FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI to defy the instruction of a military man. Buhari will monitor every little fund he releases and will be ready to probe you and jail you if he finds you faulty.

Jonathan have to cooperate and release all the stolen money o. because the economic condition Buhari will find himself in at the time of his resumption eh, it will not be funny at all.

I believe BUHARI can do it. With OSINBAJO by his side remembering him that Nigeria is not a mosque, but a country, islamization will never be in the agenda. Also, Nigeria is not a Church, therefore all these prophets and pastors dictating for the president will be a thing of the past. [/b][/size]

Exactly the same point I made to my brother i dont see Buhari stealing
People are pointing hand at tinubu etc with everything Tinubu, Atiku have gained from the past govt and seeing how this outgoing administration is sinking faster than Titanic It is left for them to use their brain
So they is a very small chance of hope which everybody is trying to catch a glimpse of, hopefully God will make that hope a very bright horizon of joy

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by landinfo: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
chipmunkey:
I trust Baba not to disappoint unlike GEJ who had to pay her for an interview.

.....& she collected? What a cheap lie from someone like U who ain't ashamed of disgracing hinself on a national forum

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Riclord001(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.
we didnt vote for him to change. we voted him in to change things. The attributes u listed are just what we need. especially d illiteracy aspect. we dont need ppl that will speak too much english in dis country.

9 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
I am Embracing Change because of the
following:
1. Naira will be equal to Dollar.
2. Orijin will be ban and Kunu will become
National drink of Nigeria.
3. One free meal a day - I can enter any
restaurant in the next 100 days.
4. Oil price will stabilize.
5. Corrupt Politicians will change or go to jail
forever.
6. Refineries will start working and more will
come on.
7. Second Niger bridge will be completed
without toll.
8. Nigeria airways will come to life again.
9. 1.2 million jobs for the youth in the next 100
days.
10. Our girls will return.
11. Boko haram will disappear ... Please add
your own, I will send the list. to the game
Changer My new Presido. We are moving
forward!

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
CNN interviews a former coup plotter and dictator who has morphed into a fake democrat.

Gen Buhari will turn out to be a big disappointment.
Prophet of doom, & ur out going president is a Success right? Lets hope 4 d best pls. If he cud get all d fund stolen under dis govt, he cud start with that.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by vivacious01: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
So glad I didn't listen to all the pressures around me.I took the bull by the horn despite all the religious hate campaigns and went ahead to vote you.Jos city was agog for you today,it made me so proud that I voted you.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nairalandinfo:

.....& she collected? What a cheap lie from someone like U who ain't ashamed of disgracing hinself on a national forum
Eya! So sorry about your defeat. I'm am no e- warrior so save your energy.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by MockinJay(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pangea:
Is there going to be a repeat ?

Make I see my president answering questions like a pro unlike some people we know...

Quite the opposite. He was taking long gasps in between sentences. Stuttered alot..like alot!

Oh, lets not forget the guy walking behind him...in a video conversation until someone gave him a signal. Amanpour wasn't even enjoying the interview.

All the same I wish him well.. I wish Nigeria well.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lol ..,
Money saved from corruption

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by jieta: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
smurfy:
The interview was conducted by Christianne Amanpour. It ended at 7:30 pm of 1st April. Nigeria is finish

In the interview, Buhari refutes general allegations of not being a democrat stressing the fact that he'd followed due process in the past elections that he lost.

On how he planned to tackle economic challenges in the face of dwindling oil prices, the general stressed that the money saved from corruption and other avenues are enough to handle the country's economic challenges.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Die On The Throne — Emir Sanusi Said In 2015 Before Dethronement / Fashola Inaugurates Rivers Flyover, Commends Wike’s Urban Renewal Scheme / Stranded : Buhari Kept Us Here For Hours (pictures )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.