Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (48816 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari / EMBARRASSING! CNN Interviews Soldiers On Front Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by mickey45: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
appini:
Buhari said that Nigerians should give him at least 16years to tackle corruption in Nigeria.

Are U Sure U Heard That?
Isn't He Himself 2 Old 4 Another Term?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by gbongbo6070(m): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
i expected you to send him this through his twiter
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
all4naija:
Oh! Really? What happened to your old Nairaland's account?
I deactivated it sad,I had to...I made a lot of mistakes with that account..
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
loksman:
I deactivated it sad,I had to...I made a lot of mistakes with that account..
Okay! That's the right thing to do sometimes. What's good?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
all4naija:
Okay! That's the right thing to do sometimes. What's good?
nothing much,I've been busy lately...and I think I did a good thing [deactivating],it gave me the opportunity to focus on other important issues.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by mickey45: 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
shedyman:
How on earth will money saved from corruption raise the needed funds for a country?

Whilst I admit curbing corruption can save the country some funds but am at a loss as to how such sum will be enough to salvage the economic woes of a nation of 170 Million people.

Am still skeptically watching GBM on 3D, I just hope the masses made the right choice.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Masses? We Shall See!!!
I Just Hope The Rhetorics Will Stop N Real Work Will Start.
We'll See Who're Handpicked (knowin Tinubu) 4 Him To Work With. I Pray They'll Really Have The Country's Interest At Heart
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
loksman:
nothing much,I've been busy lately...and I think I did a good thing [deactivating],it gave me the opportunity to focus on other important issues.
Sure! I agree with you on taking that action.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by feelme3(m): 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.

Bifwoli:

Lol,true dat very true some voters didn't get the memo that Buhari is really bad choice with a dark past.
You can never turn a goat herder into a national leader.

Some people don't want to accept reality but want the constant reassurance that what they believe is indeed the truth. The illiterate goat herder WILL be your president for the next four years wether you like it or not. The best you can do is have apoplexy.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Texcoco(m): 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
feelme3:

Some people don't want to accept reality but want the constant reassurance that what they believe is indeed the truth. The illiterate goat herder WILL be your president for the next four year wether you like it or not. The best you can do is have apoplexy.
Ehn..allow us have our fits instead of houndin us up and down,abi isn't this a free democracy.…Tis not by force to like Buhari.is it?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Saylawchar(m): 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.

You are a mad man for saying this to our president elect.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Jarus(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2015
manck2:
[b][size=18pt]The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner...

Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo Vs shagari under Justice Akinjide case) (reason why this law, is because of tribalism in nigeria.)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.

Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.[/size][/b]

Funniest post I have seen in recent time. After the bus has left the station.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Charlotte15: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote [s]author=all4naija post=32256603][i]-[s]for-talking-sake looks like your talent. You are as dumb as duck! How long does it take to get the Abacha's stolen money from[/s] abroad?[/s]

I don't think you need to be abusive. If you have a dissenting view just state it. You need to calm yourself before you get a high blood pressure. I only just used the abacha's loot as an example of how much money we lose to corruption and if money allocated to projects are properly utilised we would have proper developments.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2015
MockinJay:

Quite the opposite. He was taking long gasps in between sentences. Stuttered alot..like alot!

Oh, lets not forget the guy walking behind him...in a video conversation until someone gave him a signal. Amanpour wasn't even enjoying the interview.

All the same I wish him well.. I wish Nigeria well.
amanpour wasnt enjoying the interview ? wtf is buhari ? a clown sent to bring enjoyment to amanpour ? the worst thing to happen to nigeria is cheap internet access. now we get to hear the contents of every re-tarded persons brain on social media cheesy

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2015
dmitroika:

We need that arrogance bro, atleast Nigeria can be respected (even if not loved) once again. Not a Jonathan that tells Obama to help him to fix Nigeria and is being ignored by foreign leaders.
you are looking for love ? abeg love yourself. if you are looking for love from the arabs or white man you will wait till you are old grin
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 1:04am On Apr 02, 2015
DrBulalaa:
On a serious note that interview was not it...No clear cut plan on how to handle the economic mess we currently find ourselves. I was thinking he was going to talk about diversifying the economy and reduce the dependence on oil instead he was talking about the money recovered from corruption. Must all your answer be about corruption. Baba better get a plan ooo.
nigga your name is dr bulala. i am sure buhari will not entertain the opinion of dr bulala.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 3:14am On Apr 02, 2015
I will wait patiently like a woman whose husband went to war for Sai Buhari to start fighting corruption as this monster has eaten deep into the Nigerian fabric. He will step on toes of those you made it possible for him to get there since part of corruption money was used to finance his election. This is not military, this civilian administration. I hate corruption so much as it has made the people of this great country to suffer. I wish GMB good luck and success when he begins the fight.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:

I'll take all those qualities over a pompous, common thief and educated Jonathan grin
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by donshaddow(m): 6:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Bifwoli:
CNN interviews a former coup plotter and dictator who has morphed into a fake democrat.

Gen Buhari will turn out to be a big disappointment.

"Cry me a river!! Cry me a lagoon!!!" In Olamide's voice.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by profGinger: 6:19am On Apr 02, 2015
The general speaking, the problem with Nigeria is corruption, it's annoying when I hear people say GEJ is a good man surrounded with bad people, how can a good man be surrounded with bad people. Am so happy that we have turned those unscrupulous element advocating for GEJ till 2019 to opposition group. I one ask them how market be as opposition? r.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by TS2(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:

Stop being a sore loser.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Okwyjesus(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
We are waiting for the magical change he promised. We still remember all of them. We have our score card and after the first 100 days in office we will start ticking.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by simpleseyi: 9:07am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:

Sorry, I can see that you are suffering from post election trauma. The loss is so painful. Eeeyaaa, you will get over it with time when GEJ and PEJ together with Fayose, FFk, Omokri are giving admission numbers in Kirikiri prison. What a painful loss!. Obviously you are an illiterate militant, I can see that you are Godsday Orubebe's cousin, bad attitudes runs in your DNA and old habits never die.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Texcoco(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2015
simpleseyi:

[s]
Sorry, I can see that you are suffering from post election trauma. The loss is so painful. Eeeyaaa, you will get over it with time when GEJ and PEJ together with Fayose, FFk, Omokri are giving admission numbers in Kirikiri prison. What a painful loss!. Obviously you are an illiterate militant, I can see that you are Godsday Orubebe's cousin, bad attitudes runs in your DNA and old habits never die.[/s]
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by feelme3(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
Ehn..allow us have our fits instead of houndin us up and down,abi isn't this a free democracy.…Tis not by force to like Buhari.is it?

Now I love your sense of humour. Nothin. Do you my man. Change is the only constant in life. Let's give baba a chance just like we gave GEJ. If him no perform we no go even give am 1day extra. One love
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by jeffriano: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by pasol4real(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
OMOOOOO SEE CLUELESSNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.KAI NIJA YOUTHS START PRAYING N FASTING [color=#006600][/color]
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by MockinJay(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
sukkot:
amanpour wasnt enjoying the interview ? wtf is buhari ? a clown sent to bring enjoyment to amanpour ? the worst thing to happen to nigeria is cheap internet access. now we get to hear the contents of every re-tarded persons brain on social media cheesy

Well well well. I see your stupidity has grown up to its maximum level. Bravo! So are u insinuating that interviews should be stale like the one-on-one conversations you do have with your Dad about pro.stitutes? It's Amanpour you fvcking re.tard! You can't even make use of Proper Nouns "Nigeria!!!" not "nigeria". Do us(Nigerians and the rest of the World) a favor and get your trapezoid head out of your assh.ole!
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 12:38am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:

Well well well. I see your stupidity has grown up to its maximum level. Bravo! So are u insinuating that interviews should be stale like the one-on-one conversations you do have with your Dad about pro.stitutes? It's Amanpour you fvcking re.tard! You can't even make use of Proper Nouns "Nigeria!!!" not "nigeria". Do us(Nigerians and the rest of the World) a favor and get your trapezoid head out of your assh.ole!
is she related to Jesus or God ? get tha fork outta ere you a55 kisser

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by MockinJay(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2015
sukkot:
is she related to Jesus or God ? get tha fork outta ere you a55 kisser

Oh dear sukkot, let thy foolishness be part of thee soul forever lest u seek the light.

I was merely teaching you that names should start with a capital letter. But I see your ignorance knows no bound. Farewell old friend into the abyss of s.tupidity.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:

Oh dear sukkot, let thy foolishness be part of thee soul forever lest u seek the light.

I was merely teaching you that names should start with a capital letter. But I see your ignorance knows no bound. Farewell old friend into the abyss of s.tupidity.
nigga like i said, and i aint stutter neither, is this amanpour character related to Jesus or God ? is she not a mortal like you ? a55 kisser. i know your type. you the type to fall on the ground to show respect when you see dignitaries passing by. ewu nama grin
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by MockinJay(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2015
sukkot:
nigga like i said, and i aint stutter neither, is this amanpour character related to Jesus or God ? is she not a mortal like you ? a55 kisser. i know your type. you the type to fall on the ground to show respect when you see dignitaries passing by. ewu nama grin

This is getting stale just like the interview. I'm gonna be the mature one to stop all these mentions and insults. For I am the more mature one.

#Peace!
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sukkot: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:

This is getting stale just like the interview. I'm gonna be the mature one to stop all these mentions and insults. For I am the more mature one.

#Peace!
aiit whatever man. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) / Orji Uzo-Kalu Becomes President Of World Ship Owners Association (WSA) / Stranded : Buhari Kept Us Here For Hours (pictures )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.