Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,101 members, 7,957,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE (9780 Views)

EFCC Calls Reno Omokiri To Order Over His Post On The Presidency & The EFCC / Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by raumdeuter: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Stop this nonsense you are spewing around......

Why are you preempting what the North will do.....? You have never be known to be accurate in your calls.

Go and sleep.

He is silly

Abiola beat Tofa in Kano

Falae beat Shehu Musa YarAdua in Kaduna 1992

2 Likes

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Descartes: 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
Scatterboss:
Ibos opening different thread and crying more than the bereaved. WTF is wrong with these people? Gosh....
You've put on your old clothe.Never punch a line.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Scatterboss(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Descartes:
You've put on your old clothe.Never punch a line.

Decibel, which old clothes. I have been preaching peace but your people wont just let us be. WTF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Descartes: 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Scatterboss:

Decibel, which old clothes. I have been preaching peace but your people wont just let us be. WTF
...to whom is this being preached to, Ndigbo or Yoruba? Your people have been poking my people every now and then since Buhari got elected.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Scatterboss(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Descartes:
...to whom is this being preached to, Ndigbo or Yoruba? Your people have been poking my people every now and then since Buhari got elected.

Go through my past post to confirm. You can as well go through Eurobomber's thread. Your people are the one threatening us and calling us betrayals like we have any agreement. The last time i checked, the originator of this same thread is an Ibo man. Hypocrisy is bad.

Your people have been insulting us everywhere and wishing us failure and doom, i am calling for peace on nairaland for reason best known to me. If we retaliate, nairaland will know no peace. Lets embrace peace and move on.

1 Like

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by otr1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wicked people, betrayers, sycophants, backstabbers...these are the new tags the Ibos have given the Yorubas for performing their civic right.
The Nairaland Ibos are displaying the sentiments of an average Ibo person.
If I could vote against my Uncle simply because he is running under PDP, why do these people think I should vote for Jonathan simply because he's a Southerner and Church-goer? I mean, this is politics and it ain't personal.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by adeymoj(m): 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
laplace12:

Bro, there is no mastermind here. What sw did is simple betrayal.

It is no rocket science, any northern candidate that gets the support of ss and se against a sw candidate will surely win.

The south is already divided and the north will keep ruling on that advantage.
which betrayal ? When did we enter into an agreement with you people ? Must we vote a failure(jonathan) simple because you don't want a northerner ? If it pains you that the clueless one loses then *go and 'kick the bucket'.
set of ignoramus and nitwits
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Descartes: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Scatterboss:

Go through my past post to confirm. You can as well go through Eurobomber's thread. Your people are the one threatening us and calling us betrayals like we have any agreement. The last time i checked, the originator of this same thread is an Ibo man. Hypocrisy is bad.

Your people have been insulting us everywhere and wishing us failure and doom, i am calling for peace on nairaland for reason best known to me. If we retaliate, nairaland will know no peace. Lets embrace peace and move on.
Abeg park well. At the end of the day, it will only ruin the business of your kinsman and guess what... I laugh in cantonese grin
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by xlnc2324: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

Since ethnicity wasn't a factor why wasnt Amaechi chosen as Buhari's running mate?

Probably you've forgotten that election is all about numbers and figures.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Olaolufred(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
xlnc2324:

Probably you've forgotten that election is all about numbers and figures.

[size=14pt] don't mind chu-kwu-di.
he is leaking his putrefying wound.
he is a propheti know.
but i have not seen his prophcies come true.
fake prophet. [/size]
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Jokay07(m): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
Let's assume Buhari finishes his Tenure and the APC presents Osibanjo or any other person from the SW and PDP presents a northern candidate,will the northerners vote for the APC? Can such a SW candidate make it without votes from the SE/SS?
your assumption is simply illogical. Firstly in terms of population, the northern's population is higher than any other region and the Apc won't make the mistake of pairing two Westeners, secondly the Southerners will see it as an opportunity to strike back or revenge the westerners thereby suppporting a Pdp Northerner's candidate. As long as the pairing of S/W and North could produce victory, then anything is possible even if a northerner will be vice president, it worked for Obasanjo and Atiku and it also worked for Buhari and Osinbanjo, such trend of combination in our political landscape shows that election can be won without ''much'' support from the southerners as long as you can get up to 25% of votes in their states, which means the southerners are politically irrelevant in terms of presidential election. The alliance between the yorubas and the hausas is too strong for any Southerners to disrupt. The igbos and the ijaws need to start forming alliance with the Hausas if at all they want to be relevant in terms of presidential race or face the consequences of isolation. This is simple fact that many refuse to understand, the population is not balanced, any tribe needs their votes to succed. APC are now at the realm of power and they won't make any mistake of losing it. It's easier to win election in Nigeria with Hausa + yoruba combination than Hausa/yoruba + igbo/ijaw combination. Apc will rather present hausa yoruba presidential race than any other thing. As long as my fellow brothers continue to see hausa and yoruba as their enemy, the presidential seat will be very far from them. The truth is bitter, nobody hates or give a hoot about you guys, but you just need the help of your enemies [hausas and yorubas] to win any presidential election in nigeria.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Jaydenphoenix: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
I can't seem to understand some pple o. So the SW betrayed the SE & SS by not voting for someone from the SS though he didn't perform in 6yrs...I see.

Focus pple. Politics is a game of numbers, not emotion or tribe or religion.

Two individuals from the SW have gotten elected as the president of this country before. Believe it or not, the SW is toooo important to be ignored. If the SW love you, ur tenure would be good.

If they dislike you, your tenure would not be easy. Just ask GEJ & abacha. It's not by using a gun or having militants.

It's just brainwork.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Nobody: 9:03am On May 14, 2015
The vengeance seems to be fast unveiling going by recent musings regarding NASS positions in the next dispensation
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 01, 2015
Jaydenphoenix:
I can't seem to understand some pple o. So the SW betrayed the SE & SS by not voting for someone from the SS though he didn't perform in 6yrs...I see.

Focus pple. Politics is a game of numbers, not emotion or tribe or religion.

Two individuals from the SW have gotten elected as the president of this country before. Believe it or not, the SW is toooo important to be ignored. If the SW love you, ur tenure would be good.

If they dislike you, your tenure would not be easy. Just ask GEJ & abacha. It's not by using a gun or having militants.

It's just brainwork.
Story for the gods
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by oyatz(m): 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
There was no zoning in the APC presidential primary as Gov Rochas Okorocha contested in the primary and came 4th.

laplace12:

Take that slavery message to your kinsmen.

You stand against ethnicity in politics but you see nothing wrong in APC zoning their presidential candidacy to the north.

Leaving competent men like fashola and Amechi behind to pick a senile old man to deliver a world class change in this 21st century.

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by oyatz(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2017
God bless you a million times!

raumdeuter:

WHo is united because of any SOuth to start with

Ibos have always betrayed the South since 1960 when they chose Balewa over Awolowo, 1979 they chose Shagari over Awolowo, in 1993 they chose Tofa over Abiola. They now have the guts to shout over some useless unity

God punish una
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by oyatz(m): 12:32am On Jul 11, 2017
My igbo ex-GF, use to call me that too and I used to answer (even though I knew it was a derogatory term), we will then laugh over it...sometimes love can be blind

Ralphlauren:

I agree.

Do you know that for a very long time I never knew "ofemmannu" was an insult and very derogatory?

I had so called Ibo "friends" years back that actually called me that and I would sheepishly smile back? Chai. embarassed

Your guess is as good as mine on what I did/said to these so called "friends" when I found out what that word meant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 1:16am On Jul 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

WHo is united because of any SOuth to start with

Ibos have always betrayed the South since 1960 when they chose Balewa over Awolowo, 1979 they chose Shagari over Awolowo, in 1993 they chose Tofa over Abiola. They now have the guts to shout over some useless unity

God punish una

Lies as usual. This is why NCNC and AG coalition failed in 1960 :https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria

It was all because of Awolowo greed and shortsightedness.

In 1964, Yorubas under NNDP led by Akintola went into alliance with NPC to form the NNA coalition.

In 1967, Yorubas led by Awolowo went into Alliance with the North again.

In 1979, The Yorubas had fallen out with the North, simply because they wanted the North to support them to become the president, but the North wanted the president for themselves. So Igbos became the beautiful bride.
Both Awolowo And Shagari fielded Igbo candidates as VP. But Zik was the front runner Igbo candidate contesting for presidency under NPP, Zik won more than 80% of the votes in old Imo and old Anambra States, and when the NPN failed to win enough votes to form a majority, they invited NPP to form a coalition government with them in the house and conceded the house speaker to NPP.

Shagari -Ekwueme NPN, candidature never was an Igbo coalition with the North, Igbos voted for Zik under NPP, he was the Igbo presidential candidate then and cleared more than 80% of votes in Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by raumdeuter: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:

Lies as usual. This is why NCNC and AG coalition failed in 1960 :https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria

It was all because of Awolowo greed and shortsightedness.

In 1964, Yorubas under NNDP led by Akintola went into alliance with NPC to form the NNA coalition.

In 1967, Yorubas led by Awolowo went into Alliance with the North again.

In 1979, The Yorubas had fallen out with the North, simply because they wanted the North to support them to become the president, but the North wanted the president for themselves. So Igbos became the beautiful bride.
Both Awolowo And Shagari fielded Igbo candidates as VP. But Zik was the front runner Igbo candidate contesting for presidency under NPP, Zik won more than 80% of the votes in old Imo and old Anambra States, and when the NPN failed to win enough votes to form a majority, they invited NPP to form a coalition government with them in the house and conceded the house speaker to NPP.

Shagari -Ekwueme NPN, candidature never was an Igbo coalition with the North, Igbos voted for Zik under NPP, he was the Igbo presidential candidate then and cleared more than 80% of votes in Igboland.

In 1960 at least Awolowo was able to stand as the opposition leader.

Wen has an Ibo man contested for Presidency instead of hiding

First republic 1960 Zik hid under Balewa,
Second republic 1979 Ekwueme Hid under Shagari
Third republic 1993 Sylvester Ugo hid under Tofa
Fourth republic, Okadigbo, Ben Obi, Ume Ezeoke hide under Hausa men

When will Ibos stop being beautiful brides

1 Like

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:02am On Jul 11, 2017
Let's assume Buhari finishes his Tenure and the APC presents Osibanjo or any other person from the SW and PDP presents a northern candidate,will the northerners vote for the APC? Can such a SW candidate make it without votes from the SE/SS?

I know Yorubas would like to rule but i dont believe they think much of Nigerian Presidency the way they think and put all faith on their Obas.
I believe they are always satisfied in victory or loss. Particularly when they loose they build a broad-based opposition and use it to covertly run a parallel government for Yorubaland. This is why they are at their best when in opposition, because they are busy working and fixing things in their region.

Think tanks in East have proposed similar ideas and wrote policy papers on how opposition is the best answer for reemergence in East. Our politicians are deaf and dumb. We put oloshis in govt house in East. Wait and see, if Kanu put hin name for ballot paper i promise you he go defeat any gov in East, he is more popular and can llay the hero part very well and can also be a very good villain. Thats what we need. Leave mgbati people and their politics and let them face their awusa lords.
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:08am On Jul 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

I no talk am just now, se una see yeye? See as hin boast about opposition more than presidency. These people ehn, Sanusi no lie o. Sanusi say Yoruba ne dan yiska. Na rascal dem be. Jonathan sef call dem rascals. Dem no hear go and dem no hear come when he come to politics matter. Everybody boast of presidency or want to win presidency but yoruba go dey chase opposition so he go fit take undercover and wayo wayo dey make himself look good. I want Kanu to start a party and register with INEC. We need to just vote one party, an Igbo party, for SS/SE and face our corner jeje

1 Like

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Awo didn't stand as opposition leader in 1960. His treachery and greed for power left him in the lurch and forced him to play the opposition. There is a difference between the two.

Akintola had to lead Yorubas to be under Arewa in 1964.

Awolowo chose to be errand boy for an Arewa military regime in 1967.

In 1979, Zik was not a VP for anyone. Just as Ekwueme was vice to Shagari, so was an Igbo the vice to Awolowo, but none was Igbo main candidate, Zik was.

In 1993, Was Abiola not running with a Northerner as his Vice?

Zik also had a Northern VP in 1979 and 1983, so you can just cut the crap. Only difference was that Zik never had the support of Arewa, but he had the support of Ndiigbo.
Obj-Atiku 1999-2007

Bakare - Buhari in 2011

Osibanjo-Buhari in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Markfemi2: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2017
Yea but Yoruba will need SS/SE
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Markfemi2: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:

Awo didn't stand as opposition leader in 1960. His treachery and greed for power left him in the lurch and forced him to play the opposition. There is a difference between the two.

Akintola had to lead Yorubas to be under Arewa in 1964.

Awolowo chose to be errand boy for an Arewa military regime in 1967.

In 1979, Zik was not a VP for anyone. Just as Ekwueme was vice to Shagari, so was an Igbo the vice to Awolowo, but none was Igbo main candidate, Zik was.

In 1993, Was Abiola not running with a Northerner as his Vice?

Zik also had a Northern VP in 1979 and 1983, so you can just cut the crap. Only difference was that Zik never had the support of Arewa, but he had the support of Ndiigbo.
Obj-Atiku 1999-2007

Bakare - Buhari in 2011

Osibanjo-Buhari in 2015

Only 1 alliance you mentioned here and that's 2015
Akinlola was never Vice or president just regional head of west
Bakare alliance failed even in west
Awolowo chose igbo vp but failed
Ekeueme was errand boy
Azikwe was errand boy
Even ojuku was errand boy up until civil war

That Awolowo defeated you without Bullet should not hurt you
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:

Only 1 alliance you mentioned here and that's 2015
Akinlola was never Vice or president just regional head of west
Bakare alliance failed even in west
Awolowo chose igbo vp but failed
Ekeueme was errand boy
Azikwe was errand boy
Even ojuku was errand boy up until civil war

That Awolowo defeated you without Bullet should not hurt you

Awolowo was the errand boy of Gowon

Akintola was Balewa errand boy

And all were Yoruba leaders at those points in time.

Awolowo defeated the Igbo? Can a vassal defeat a territory? Yorubaland was a vassal region of the Arewa, Yorubas and Awolowo couldn't have defeated the Igbos, when they were themselves conquered people.

2 Likes

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Markfemi2: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:

Awolowo was the errand boy of Gowon

Akintola was Balewa errand boy

And all were Yoruba leaders at those points in time.

Awolowo defeated the Igbo? Can a vassal defeat a territory? Yorubaland was a vassal region of the Arewa, Yorubas and Awolowo couldn't have defeated the Igbos, when they were themselves conquered people.

If you like twist the narrative to suite your pitiful situation I know once someone is defeated on a war they will find all ways to console themselves
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 9:41am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:

If you like twist the narrative to suite your pitiful situation I know once someone is defeated on a war they will find all ways to console themselves

Lol! Germany lost two wars to the rest of Europe.
They remain the number one economy in Europe today.

Losing a war, especially one fought for survival and not expansionism is a noble cause.

The only consolation we crave for, is complete severance of any national relationship with aliens called Arewa-Oduanistanis.

2 Likes

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Markfemi2: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Germany lost two wars to the rest of Europe.
They remain the number one economy in Europe today.

Losing a war, especially one fought for survival and not expansionism is a noble cause.

The only consolation we crave is complete severance of any national relationship with aliens called Arewa-Oduanistanis.

Are you comparing Germans to igbos your no more Jews

Are you the number 1 economy in Nigeria now??
No
Your still 3rd class citizens

The case of Igbo is like a drunk beaten bar man who after being defeated will still claim you drew with him

We have heard all the folktales you said happened to those who defeated your soul during the war

We understand it's to make you feel better
Lol
Continue
We pity you
It's most be humiliating to realise the people you call cowards defeated your fathers and your leader ran away sorry ehn
Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:

Are you comparing Germans to igbos your no more Jews

Are you the number 1 economy in Nigeria now??
No
Your still 3rd class citizens

The case of Igbo is like a drunk beaten bar man who after being defeated will still claim you drew with him

We have heard all the folktales you said happened to those who defeated your soul during the war

We understand it's to make you feel better
Lol
Continue
We pity you
It's most be humiliating to realise the people you call cowards defeated your fathers and your leader ran away sorry ehn

Lol! I cited Germany to show you that nothing is wrong. with losing a war. So long as the people are progressive in thinking, they would still come out on top. Ideas rule the world.

Well, there is no credible statistics to prove that, but for a people who basically started afresh in 1970, Ndiigbo had done incredibly well, and there is no iota of doubt that we would do even more in Biafra.

Lol!We know the 3rd class citizens of Nigeria, the eternal vassals of the Arewa in the Arewa-Oduanistan amalgam. Their Arewa overlords never fail to let us know this:

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King
and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient
town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their
filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places
and all these people by imposing Islam on them by
force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and
most of them chose the Koran..."

Keep roaming and dying on top Igbo matter, Ilorin is gone, Lokoja and Okun are gone, SW annexation is 60% completed and loading.

Your headache is chronic and severe, even fatal, yet you want to add Igbo matter on top of it.

1 Like

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by Markfemi2: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! I cited Germany to show you that nothing is wrong a losing a war. So long as the people are progressive in thinking, they would still come out on top. Ideas rule the world.

Well, there is no credible statistics to prove that, but for a people who basically started afresh in 1970, Ndiigbo had done incredibly well, and there is no iota of doubt that we would do even more in Biafra.

Lol!We know the 3rd class citizens of Nigeria, the eternal vassals of the Arewa in the Arewa-Oduanistan amalgam. Their Arewa overlords never fail to let us know this:

Keep roaming and dying on top Igbo matter, Ilorin is gone, Lokoja and Okun is gone, SW is 60% annexed.

Your headache is chronic and severe, even fatal, yet you want to add Igbo matter on top of it.

SE is 100% gone
Let me quickly remind you about fall of Enugu
Yoruba land is still intact
Igbo has been conquered
Why do you have only 5 states?
Why do you have the least reps in southern Nigeria ?
Why is your region empty and no one goes there
Your the vassal of Nigeria
And like brick layers your forced to build others house and sleep outside

Re: Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE by pazienza(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:

SE is 100% gone
Let me quickly remind you about fall of Enugu
Yoruba land is still intact
Igbo has been conquered
Why do you have only 5 states?
Why do you have the least reps in southern Nigeria ?
Why is your region empty and no one goes there
Your the vassal of Nigeria
And like brick layers your forced to build others house and sleep outside

Lol! Enugu remains an Igbo city ruled by Igbo governors and traditional rulers.

Where is the Oba of Ilorin? grin grin

Yorubaland can't be intact when we have this:

What has 19 states done for the North? Are her citizens of better living standards than the SE? grin

Igboland and SE has the highest population density ,people deserting the Igboland only exists in your fantasy. Enugu was the first Nigerian city to make it into the resilient city challenge list.

Who built Ilorin and who are the current rulers? grin

Yes! There goes your answer.
Vassals can't win wars, they are mere puppets used by their conquerors- go figure. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Sweeps Benue LGC Seats / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.