Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Your Wish-list From GMB Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Wish-list From GMB Govt (664 Views)

State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 / Opinion: Some People That Should Be In Gmb's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by bash4us(m): 4:40am On Apr 02, 2015
As we all know its a new dawn in Nigeria. So many wrongs have prevailed, some are peculiar while others are endemic, epidemic and generic in nature.

Here are my own to-do list from the new govt.

1. Eradication of Impunity
2. Indiscriminate use of siren esp. Rivers state
3. Power. I don tire for gen and fuel wahala

List is endless. You can add yours
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Employment creation..

Make he flog down that dollar wey cum climb iroko tree..
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by Disclaimer: 4:57am On Apr 02, 2015
1.Give incentive to yahoo boyz

2.Set up a commission to fight corruption, then appoint Tinubu to oversee the commission.

3.Don't stabilize oil price yet. grin

4. Invite boko boys for dinner. Their grievances might be hunger related.

5. Abeg reduce the price of Gala/Lacasera.
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by elguaje(m): 4:58am On Apr 02, 2015
increase bet9ja and merrybet odds cool

1 Like

Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by momentum85(m): 5:02am On Apr 02, 2015
To battle corruption, jail the corrupt leaders in GEJ.
Uninterrupted power supply
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by acenazt: 5:10am On Apr 02, 2015
Bring back efcc.
Change the Naira as a fiscal measure to curb inflation
Light
Bring back companies like arewa,ktl n finetex n open new ones so people will have jobs.
Cheaper data and call rates.
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by sunntrost(m): 5:20am On Apr 02, 2015
1.Security (life and properties should be protected)
2 . Electricity (am tired of generator)
3. Employment (an idle hand is a devil workshop)
4. Education
The list are numerous
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by mrmetoo1: 6:36am On Apr 02, 2015
Security

Discipline (I don't mean the flogging kind but yeah I think you should be fined for peeing openly on the road, traffic laws no more uncaring attitude of just doing in the middle of a busy highway, taking one way etc.

Safety Standards: This is something we don't seem to care about much in Nigeria but it's important especially if we want to attract foreign investors and we desperately need them. Those containers that are half way to tipping off the trailers shouldn't be allowed anywhere on the road. Our public transportation should be safer, those danfos are a death trap. No more running across highways before you say no pedestrian bridges, I'll say the highest concentration of people crossing an expressway at any particular point is usually under an expressway. Then just safety standards cutting across all industries.

Power: This goes without saying, we're all tired of generators, inverters and whatever else. We just want to get home/office flick our switches and enjoy power.

Security personnel. To me I won't even know where to start from. We need a serious overhaul. The police needs to be retrained, not only physical but serious mental training. The police should have a standard education. They actually need people with brains to diffuse situations and not just trigger happy guys. Then they need to be paid well to attract brilliant brains.

Infrastructural Development. This is 2015, Nigeria still dealing with bad roads is unacceptable, government assets like airports, government buildings need to be elevated to world class standards to set the tone for development in this country. No more paint the outside, leave the inside decaying type developments. Then I know shallow people like to make fun of Fashola for planting flowers but we need to beautify Nigeria. This also goes with attracting foreign investors which could turn the fortune of this country around dramatically.

Diversification of the economy. Not just oil. Agriculture, mining (this to me is huge), real estate, tourism. We need to focus on tourism in Nigeria. To me tourism achieves a couple of things, beautification of the area, a boost to the local economy of the area, employment. Nigeria is blessed with different landscape, good weather, etc. The north with all that space should just be filled with ranches. The north should be like the polo central of the continent. Still on diversification, a proper mechanical village should be encouraged in the east. As in dreaming of multi-million (I say million and not billion because hopefully now we'll know the real value of money) complex with licensed car dealerships with car parts and service personnel for any car from Toyotas to Ferraris. Just a stretch, a long drive where it's just heaven for cars. Where you can get your Rolls Royce fixed without having to import the parts or personnel. Like an ultra modem shiny with all the bright light (not in the Naija sense of it) Ladipo. A place where people from countries around west Africa/Africa come to get anything car related done. It could double as a tourist attraction. It'll be the home of car shows, home of the auto industry. Car manufacturers too should be located in the east.

The wishlist for Nigeria is endless, I'm already going into the fantasy realm at this point so i just need to stop.

Corruption. How can I forget that, I guess that really didn't need to be mentioned because we know the general has that on lock.
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2015
Anything to make Nigeria a changed nation in four years...... grin
Re: Your Wish-list From GMB Govt by Deiok(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2015
Create job opportunity for the youth, especially the graduates. I am tired of all these sharp man practices every where.
Solve the electricity problem in our country.
Pls try and make the education section what it supposed to be.

(1) (Reply)

Fear Grips Skye Bank Shareholders, Depositors / I've Taken A Stand / Labour Party Tells Buhari, Don’t Downsize The Workforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.