Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan (12269 Views)

TAN Congratulates Buhari, Commends Jonathan / Uhuru Kenyatta Congratulates Buhari Commends Jonathan - Tweets / President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by msmon(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2015
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and
National Christian Elders Forum (NCEF) on Wednesday congratulated the president-elect,
Muhammadu Buhari, on his election.

The two religious organisations in their separate
congratulatory messages e-mailed to journalists in
Abuja, also commended President Goodluck Jonathan for displaying quality Christian and democratic character and concessioning of defeat at the elections.

The President of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, in his
message to Buhari also saluted Nigerians for a
peaceful election and called for “harmony between
Christians and Muslims in their quest for a prosperous Nigeria.”

While praying for a prosperous future for Nigeria,
Oritsejafor also praised President Jonathan for
exhibiting good sportsmanship in conceding defeat
to Buhari.

The Secretary of NCEF, Pastor Bosun Emmanuel, in a message said: “Despite the enormous tension and
apprehension that preceded the election, Nigerians
have demonstrated political maturity that elections
can be won and lost without recourse to violence or
acrimony.”

He congratulated Buhari on his victory at the
elections, wishing him a successful tenure in office
and “joined all Nigerians and indeed the entire world to commend his act of statesmanship, quality
Christian and democratic character by his peaceful
concession of defeat.”

Emmanuel said: “It is encouraging to observe that
Nigeria is maturing democratically. Today, we
celebrate a sitting president, who after conceding
defeat at the polls can say, ‘I promised the country
free and fair elections. I have kept my word’. Mr.
President, we are proud of you.

“The sterling Christian and democratic qualities aptly demonstrated by President Jonathan are in line with our objective that democracy must thrive and be firmly rooted in Nigeria.

“The fruit of democracy is a peaceful, just, fair, and
equitable society. These are the pillars upon which
we can build a prosperous nation. We shall continue
to work to entrench these values in our nation.”

The body also encouraged all politicians in the
country to play politics according to the admonition
of Jonathan that “nobody’s ambition is worth the
blood of any Nigerian.”

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/can-commends-jonathan-congratulates-buhari/205756/
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by mcomooba(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2015
First to comment..........................

By now this Ayo Oritesajafor should go and bend his head somewere.

;DFirst to comment..........................

15 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by SpeedyConnect(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Thats cool
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2015
Nice of them. I hope the incoming government would separate religion from politics.

11 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by foliks(f): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2015
With all d money they collected, I hope dey are able to get a ticket to heaven wth dat money. May God forgive u ppl.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2015
So much for their fake prophecies.
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by olatade(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2015
If you want to lose an election,hire the CLOWN known as FANI KAYODE undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by MKO4ever(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by constance500: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Alright
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by MaleoPearls(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Now everybody must humble. It will be no longer business as usual.

By the way, somebody should tell Ayo Oritsejafor that Jega is now free and ready to see him.

23 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Man....not all of them are in the propheting business
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by abe27633: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
so true!
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by jeeqaa7(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Ok
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by efilefun(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
With all their fake prophecies and doomed messages... #GodWin, i just cant believe that bling bling pastor can also congratulate GMB after all the trash they have been spewing around.... of all the prophecies posted on NL the only one that is still correct is that of the Cele man,

Yet someone wants me to believe those guys didnt receive some billions from the ultimate desperado and mama piss...

Thanks God our votes was enough to bring them all to their kneels

3 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Bevista: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
It's nice to see that deep inside us we all wanted a good Nigeria and we all somehow knew GMB could lead us to that New Nigeria. Yet we allowed religious & ethnic bigotry to becloud our judgment.

Thank God, the collective will of the good people of Nigeria stood strong. Now there is commendation & hope even from the most ardent haters.

5 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
olatade:
If you want to lose an election,hire the CLOWN known as FANI KAYODE undecided

No, FFK is not solely responsible for PDP losses.

PDP lost because they forgot the most important lesson OBJ taught them....you live and die by the alliances you make.

OBJ made alliances with people who did not like him. That is what Buhari did this time....and unfortunately GEJ did not take note.

14 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Motolank: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Ok
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by martincbarton: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
good

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by asodeboyede(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Congratulations Buhari!

1 Like

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by joystickextendr: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Thats good

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Generalkorex(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Thats good of them.
And they should warn their "fake member" to keep shut if they dnt knw what to say.
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by ObongOluomo: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Dont mind those nonesense people,anyway the bible has said it all
At the end time so many fake pastors,prophets and the so called men of God will rise..
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by DoTheNeedful: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Is that not the same Bosun Emmanuel that made that extremely hateful and politically motivated speech/sermon against APC where he was calling on xtians never to vote for APC? He even likened them to Muslim Brotherhood. People like him have not place in Modern Nigeria. The man is worse that Oritsejafor that many people like to attack angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by phorlafemi(f): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
The same Pastor Bosun Emmanuel preaching against Buhari.
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by naijainfogalery: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Mtcheeeeew pastors that make it look like God is a god of confusion, I cant imagine what these pastors wil preach on Sunday, after prophesying that GEJ will win and now Buhari won. The funny part is they dont have shame and their followers are brainless.

If my pastor prophesied that Jonathan will win and he lost. I will CHANGE him before he changes my destiny.

Wolves in Sheeps clothing.

6 Likes

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by duni04(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Pastor "money launderer" 50cent dey fear jail grin

1 Like

Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by tbaby534(f): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
mcomooba:
First to comment..........................

;DFirst to comment..........................

Y should e bend his head somewhere? Like it or not he is still can president and he has access to the president. Whoever he may be
Re: CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
I told people that this change mantra thing is just bulshit. Watch...Nigeria will still remain the same! No change is coming...rather negative change. The alliance between CPC and ACN was just the key thing predicated on returning power to the northern born to rule. Yorubas realize they can only be relevant in scheme of things if they align with the north. Now with APC they have succeeded. So southeast and southsouth will remain a conquered people in the Govt of Buhari. The change that is coming is buhari to concentrate development in the yoruba states and the north like he did during the era of his ptdf. He will appoint chief of army staff hausa man, chief of defence staff hausa man...chief naval stal one yoruba man..chief of air staff one middle belt guy..police head hausa fulani...petroleum minister hausa fulani...agriculture minister hausa fulani...SSS DG hausa man..then he will find way settle Amaechi with one yr after which he will push Amaechi out of the power equation with the advisers of his hausa brothers. But the last straw that will break the camels back will be Buhari trying to militarize the southsouth when he stops the pipeline security contract given to Tompolo and use military to intimidate the southsouth and MOSOB guys...then he will renew oil mining licence of TY Danjuma and his northern cronies...reward oil contracts to empower the north and give Tinubu an oil block...go to Delta state to scrap the Oil and gas Park in Gbaraturum Kingdom...these are the changes you will see...One naira can never be equal to one dollar...Nothing is going to change but there will be one day that will be a day of Reckoning says the Lord of Host!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Months Enough To Know Any Leader’s Direction – Jimi Agbaje / Malami: No Confusion On Abba Kyari’s Extradition, Cocaine Trafficking Trial / I’m Handing Over A State Stronger, Better In Everything Than I Met — Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.