Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima (47235 Views)

The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) / PDP CHIEF- Bode George Worked For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by StevDesmond(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
whitecat1:
You are one smart cookie! Ibo rigged for jonathan but card reader couldn't let them go all out. Shettima is stupid for saying that, I think ibos cry was deafening so he had to come out and say that to pacify them but, not knowing he's setting Buhari up to be held hostage. If he was smart he wouldn't have mention any name since we know what ibos actually did during the election. He should have just said all Nigerians. What is he trying to say to those who went all out for Buhari? That it's ok if you don't support us next time, it won't make any difference anyway?
Why didnt ur card reader stop the rigging in Rivers etc

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by lalasticlala(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
ikwoche:

Lalasticlala

Already on home page

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by Ucbiu(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Igbo Compatriots:

One of the closest Igbo man to the President Elect is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who was defeated in the Senatorial Election.

See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't override a pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President.

That's what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

I hate to gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, we are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Our answer? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn't do this or Yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with others instead of our 'better than thou' attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. We are not better than anyone, these folks we thumb our noses at, are God's creatures like us.

We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood.

Our politics should mirror our economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of politics don't like that.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria's political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on?

How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because we are realizing that we were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they?

Anyone home?

I am looking forward for an Igbo senate president, so that the incoming administration will portray the constitutional national character.

God bless Igbo!

God bless Hausa!

God bless Yoruba and other ethnic groups!

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by ArodewilliamsT: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
mainman7:
[b]One igbo guy told me that they are intentionally manipulating BokoHaram to ensure that they continue killing pple in the North to reduce their Numbers; voters. Are the truly innocent Northerners being massacred not Nigerians? Did they tell GOD that they wanted to be born in the Northern? Those born as igbos, did they tell GOD that they wanted to be born into igbo family? I wonder why igbos are so SENSELESSLY Myopic! I was so negatively wowed that I couldn't close my mouth for a while. So, they encouraged and ensured the lackadaisical and lassivaire tackling of BokoHaram then, to encourage the killing of Northerners just to perpetuate their stealing is not corruption? Also, they were controlling the military and making so much Blood Money by ensuring that enormous money and massive security votes are constantly being chunked out by the Govt. igbos controlled the military then and were profiting so much from BokoHaram slaughtering of innocent pple; GOD shall punish all of u making blood money; thunder fire and strike u all to pieces. [/b]
Suddenly just before election and because they wanted to convince Nigerians, they started defeating the hitherto "invincible" BokoHaram and taking back territories. I've always wondered why the mighty Nigerian Military has pretended to be unable to crush the Boko boys all THESE WHILE. Simple, igbos are the most evil people on planet earth!

But nobody is buying this crap you've been typing over and over. Anyway i know why you are angry with Igbos and i'll confess. It is because i EzeMgbu Amuibu Napioku collected your girlfriend Adesola with my swag and Ph.ocked her n the Anus.
grin

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by mobutuseseko: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
The card readers greatly reduced rigging because only a person who was accredited could have voted at least in most of the places were card readers was used, that's why the populations have greatly reduced, unlike before where all they needed to do was stuff ballot boxes with papers, this has gone ahead to reflect to a reasonable extent they population of the people.
Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by oneagleswings: 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
mainman7:

Don't mind those senseless scallyswags thinking they are the wisest. I laugh hard at their deception, same useless igbo pple that OUTRIGHTLY rigged all the elections in the east for Jonathan in order to perpetuate their greedy squandering of Nigerians' money are telling us gej is a saint. We ain't buying, fools. I swear, one igbo contractor on my street had heart attack immediately they said Jona called Buhari to Congratulate him, he cried and complained bitterly saying Jona is a fool, that he shouldn't have conceded. I tell u if they had their way, the bastard igbos with dead conscience whose god is blood money, were much prepared to push Jonathan to use the military to shed innocent blood and perpetuate himself in power; that was their outright Plan actually but GOD pass them fools.
please don't get heart attack because of IGBO. Why are you taking this personal. Talk like a matured person and let the word that encourages peace proceed from you even if its this once.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by whitecat1: 2:15am On Apr 03, 2015
You in the SE rigged much more than they did in Rivers the only thing is none of you could go beyond the numbers of registered voters.
StevDesmond:
Why didnt ur card reader stop the rigging in Rivers etc
Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by StevDesmond(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2015
whitecat1:
You in the SE rigged much more than they did in Rivers the only thing is none of you could go beyond the numbers of registered voters.
Maybe U should go and check d number of registered votes and that of cast votes in d se
Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by pazienza(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2015
Reasons for low voters turn out in SE:

1: Most Igbos believed that GEJ was in charge and in complete control of JEGA, and that unlike in 2011 when he was but a novice with no complete power, he ddint really need Ndiigbo to come out en mass to vote, all he needed was for JEGA to release a similar voters result of millions in SE, using 2011 as back up to prove that Ndiigbo always voted that way. With this belief the turn out in the SE was low.

2. Goodluck knew he was not in control of JEGA, yet he never at any time made this obvious to Ndiigbo. If he had and stressed the need for us to actually turn out to vote, most of us would have turned up and delivered.

3. There was the case of father Mbaka who was poisoning the minds of his followers against GEJ, many of them didn't vote for GEJ, they stayed at home since they don't like Buhari.

4: Most universities and high institutions in the SE didn't close for this election, they were infact busy writing exams, the result was that most of our Youths didn't turn up to vote, why GEJ didn't plug this hole was beyond my understanding.

5: The SE governors and PDP governors aspirants, didn't work for GEJ victory, like those in Delta and Rivers did.
Sullivan was probably still angry with the way he was denied senatorial ticket by the PDP in Abuja, Elechi was humiliated by Abuja PDP who didn't allow him pick his successor, T.A Orji was more interested in securing his senatorial ticket to gain immunity and avoid persecution from any new coming regime in Abia or Abuja, Obiano already had his Governor position secured, their was no incentive to work aggressively using any means necessary to ensure GEJ gets millions of vote from Anambra. Imo is controlled by Mallam Rochas and neutralized any influence the PDP stalwarts there would have exerted to ensure GEJ got his million votes. (This is why Rochas must be voted out, his interest is not in alignment with that of Ndiigbo, he will continue to be a 5th column in the SE for the Odua-Arewa gang up).

It was a disaster in the SE, Wike had a lot to lose in Rivers and so did everything possible to deliver the state, PDP structure in Delta was strong and Uduaghan was magnanimous in defeat.

6: The Radio Biafra peeps were busy discouraging peeps from voting I heard , as a proof that they are no longer happy with Nigeria, this if true is a foolish idea from them. They should know better.

7: We all took things for granted, there was obvious lack of preparation from GEJ and us, and now we pay the price. You need to see the mood in Igboland following GEJ defeat, it was like someone died, people were psychologically down, with everyone pointing fingers at every corner. Some blame GEJ, some blame Yorubas, some blame JEGA, some blame the Northern friends of GEJ ncluding sambo, who couldn't deliver their northern states to GEJ, and for betraying him, everyone is angry.

But we must look at ourselves too, GEJ lost by just 2million votes approximately, only Abia and Anambra and Enugu were capable of giving GEJ enough votes to counter that, but that didn't happen, rather we all sat at the comfort of our homes, expecting GEJ victory. We must learn from this for the future, we could have ensured GEJ victory without SW if we only turned out to vote en mass, we had the numbers, but sadly, we just couldn't make it count.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by whitecat1: 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
You know how you guys live in bubbles and lie like nothing else matters, so post what you have here and I will take the trouble to verify it!
StevDesmond:
Maybe U should go and check d number of registered votes and that of cast votes in d se
Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by SenatorJames(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
We all know that every part of the country contributed in one way or the other to the success of GMB but the fact remains that life can never be fair to everyone equally. One part will still enjoy pass another, as the south-west was marginanized during GEJ administration.
Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by jpphilips(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Shettima leave world receiver and buy a proper television.

Prof. Attahiru Jega curbed rigging not the South East.

Jega ensured there was a cap on registered voters and a cap on accredited voters.
He also used the card reader to ensure that only genuine pVCS turned into accredited voters. Even when the politicians started stealing result sheets, you must rig within the figures of accredited voters.

Believe it or not, this strategy is brilliant and Prof. Attahiru Jega is a HERO!!!! so much respect sir!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Worked For Buhari's Victory -shettima by TopGee: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure / Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State / Before Evil People Say More On Deziani: Quick Irrefutable Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.