Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (267060 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2015
smartmom:

Whoa.... way to go girl!!! smiley smiley well done hmm now how to start a quarter of a mile wink small by small I shall begin.

Thanks, smartmom
cheesy

But slow and steady does it...
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 5:24am On Apr 27, 2015
Dinner

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2015
Awh!
See smoothie!

I need rescue o, I dey munch icecream now like part two no dey.

Imagine me and ice cream.
Ok o.

Efe,i hear u kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
OMG!

I feel so inspired after watching this! After the first 3 minutes, it really heats up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9qH5-g4Sw
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
moca:
Awh!
See smoothie!

I need rescue o, I dey munch icecream now like part two no dey.

Imagine me and ice cream.
Ok o.

Efe,i hear u kiss

ice cream? See you see fat o. Abeg run o.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:
OMG!

I feel so inspired after watching this! After the first 3 minutes, it really heats up...

Steve is a clown grin.

Wow those ladies making me feel old. embarassed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:
OMG!

I feel so inspired after watching this! After the first 3 minute's, it really heats up...

I told chilli and ed the other day that all the nutrients that are found in animals can be found in plants and more.
Animals come with added unhealthy fats, plants don't.

In 2 years or so, I see myself completely going off animal based foods. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by tchiwinnie: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
BABE3:

yes ke. cheesy

thanks.

I no be professional, YET. wink

Inspiration was from a documentary I watched 2 years ago, titled "FOOD, inc". The documentary opened my eyes to the nonsense I've been eating all life. grin Watching that doc. what a defining moment (don't mean to sound corny).

so I started tweaking things here and there in my diet and working out once a week. After I started seeing changes in my body I became addicted. And here I am today. grin Baby steps.

I don't drink anything apart from water, even on my cheat days. I'm so used to water now that I don't miss the junk drinks. Oh, except for special occasional parties where I have to "turn up" and drink alcohol.

chilli, the serving size are pretty okay. Those containers are deceptively deep. tongue Plus, there are 6 meals per day. 6!! cheesy

Preservation? Fridge na. I pop them in the microwave for one minute when its time to eat, and food is ready. I take out the fruits before microwaving though, I like 'em cold. I eat the peanuts and dessert cold too.
Ur meal plan is very commendable. Wish i cld adopt it. Are u working? If yes, how ll u kp to d 6meals/day plus work?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:
Steve is a clown grin.

Wow those ladies making me feel old. embarassed

cheesy cheesy

I know.

"I was born eating BBQ. I'm gonna keep eating BBQ. I will die eating BBQ!" grin grin

But those ladies..ah! Especially the weight lifting grandmother shocked shocked shocked

BABE3:

I told chilli and ed the other day that all the nutrients that are found in animals can be found in plants and more.

Are you referring to red meat or is this inclusive of white meats, lean meats, fish, etc. What about diary products like milk and eggs? sad

That aside, the bit that really got me in that video was where one of the ladies commented on their peer group already being so dependant on medication / wheelchair bound. That was the most down-to-earth comment (for me). An absolute reality check and reason to never stop my healthy lifestyle journey.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:
LADIES!!

I DID IT OH!

I increased my jogging distance today from 6 laps (9.0 miles) to 8 laps (12.0 miles) and it took me 1hr 50mins to complete. smiley So, I'm actually getting better at this as per I was expecting this to take me exactly 2hrs to complete. Although I must admit that I noticed I was completing my 6 laps in much shorter times (1hr 20mins as opposed to 1hr 30mins).

Maybe today being Sunday and less traffic contributed to this...In the meantime, I'll stick with the 8 laps till my body flatlines and gets used to the distance properly.

So, Efe's getting there - slowly but steadily. 12.0miles. Nearly half a marathon. cheesy cheesy

CC: Chillisauce. Edwife. Babe3. Moca. Cococandy. Smartmom. Bukatyne...et al. What d'you ladies think of this? smiley smiley

Congratulations on your feat. cheesy

We are solidly behind you tongue Keep running, you can make it

How is your day going?

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
moca:

Will take only d banana tongue
Beans make me throw up.

I drank water the other day and upon d fact I was sitting upright,it started coming out from my nostrils.
Was sooooo afraid.

This condition is not good for beans. I always have heartburn when I take beans during our condition.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
BABE3:

I ain't gonna stop my barbecue. I was born eating barbecue. I drink my juice and eat my barbecue.
cheesy

Good video efemenaxy. . Now I'm more motivated. No medication and they are so fit.

Dinner.
salad
duck peppersoup

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by guseman(m): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Soyabeans soup. Plus Eba

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Ur meal plan is very commendable. Wish i cld adopt it. Are u working? If yes, how ll u kp to d 6meals/day plus work?

6 meals a day doesn't disrupt work. You only have to space it out. 2 meals before work, 2 meals at work and 2 meals after work. For this to work, you have to start eating as early as 5/6/7am in the morning, depending on the time you start work.

Take the lunch and snacks to work. If you have lunch break at work, you should be fine. cheesy

EfemenaXY, please don't mind me. I was speaking based on what I want and my preference. It shouldn't apply to everybody.

Yes, lean cuts of meat are healthier. Avoiding the skin, and those whitish things on the meat (fat) is the key. As for milk, go for the low fat ones. No condensed milk. Eggs are fine but the yolk has plenty cholesterol. So it's fine in moderation. I should take my own advice. I love eggs. grin

Chillisauce, how do make your peppersoup? Anytime I make mine, it just tastes like beef stock... never has that distinct peppersoup taste.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 28, 2015
BABE3:

6 meals a day doesn't disrupt work. You only have to space it out. 2 meals before work, 2 meals at work and 2 meals after work. For this to work, you have to start eating as early as 5/6/7am in the morning, depending on the time you start work.

Take the lunch and snacks to work. If you have lunch break at work, you should be fine. cheesy

EfemenaXY, please don't mind me. I was speaking based on what I want and my preference. It shouldn't apply to everybody.

Yes, lean cuts of meat are healthier. Avoiding the skin, and those whitish things on the meat (fat) is the key. As for milk, go for the low fat ones. No condensed milk. Eggs are fine but the yolk has plenty cholesterol. So it's fine in moderation. I should take my own advice. I love eggs. grin

Chillisauce, how do make your peppersoup? Anytime I make mine, it just tastes like beef stock... never has that distinct peppersoup taste.
There are ingredients for making peppersoup specifically.

I doubt if u will get them there but if u have somebody who brings home stuffs for u,tell them to go and mix peppersoup ingredients for uu in the market. These days, they r already mixed and grinded,bottled for one to pick up.

And their names r all natives.
I have never bothered to ask about their English names.
We use that to make white soup too.

Uda, efu/ewu,utazi,scent leave,
Eeh,i can now remember something.
Go to allnigerianrecipe.com and ask, u will see them.

I use yellow pepper too.

I love peppersoup water. Good for agidi.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
BABE3:

i bought the ingredients for it but i noticed it was very bitter. Im not used to the bitter pepper soup so i started making mine.

I used bay leaves
thyme
basilic
seasoning cube
salt and pepper
onions powder too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
guseman:
Soyabeans soup. Plus Eba

does it taste like egusi?
I tried almond soup and it tasted just like egusi
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Mango and yogurt for brekkie

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by olumba69: 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
For those of us that are calories conscious, here is a very healthy meal. Semolina pancake with coconut milk and caramelised banana... Find recipe here. http://www.myactivekitchen.com/blog/2015/4/13/semolina-pancake-with-coconut-milk-and-caramelised-banana

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Brocoli eba

Texture like amala. So I ate it it with okra soup.

Less cal

Edwife
cococandy
Babe3
efemenaxy

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chillisauce:
Brocoli eba

Less cal

Edwife
cococandy
Babe3
efemenaxy
how manage?

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chillisauce:
Brocoli eba

Less cal

Edwife
cococandy
Babe3
efemenaxy

This thing is now entering una head o
You for use water as soup grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:

grin
we are reinventing nigerian cuisine grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
how manage?

I blended two handful of Brocoli with little water. Then added my wheat to it. Stir until it's cooked like the way you stir amala cheesy

I enjoyed it anyway. Do you realize that 100g of garri is 490cal.
Just 100g.

Me I wan remain this my stature. I no wan fold for belly when I'm approaching 60 or 70 sef cheesy cool
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chilli,this combo is good.
Me likey kiss

I made moimoi today.
Enuf icefish and crayfish as smallie has picked interest. Very sweet.
No oil except sardine oil and d moimoi is big.
It will last a while for me.

Imagine,i can't eat cooked beans but can eat moimoi.
Upiantu! cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
I've some cauliflower that I don't know what to do with in my fridge.
I'll use it instead and maybe a little mashed potato. Even okro soup dey sef for freezer.
Thanks for this tip.
I hope I like it sha grin

Chillisauce:

I blended two handful of Brocoli with little water. Then added my wheat to it. Stir until it's cooked like the way you stir amala cheesy

Just 100g.

Me I wan remain this my stature. I no wan fold for belly when I'm approaching 60 or 70 sef cheesy cool
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
I've some cauliflower that I don't know what to do with in my fridge.
I'll use it instead and maybe a little mashed potato. Even okro soul dey sef for freezer.
Thanks for this tip.
I hope I like it sha grin

Oh. That would be a better alternative I guess.
I will try it with cali soon
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Congratulations on your feat. cheesy

We are solidly behind you tongue Keep running, you can make it

How is your day going?

Thanks Bukky. My day's very fine... smiley smiley

Chillisauce:

I ain't gonna stop my barbecue. I was born eating barbecue. I drink my juice and eat my barbecue.
cheesy
Good video efemenaxy. . Now I'm more motivated. No medication and they are so fit.
Dinner.
salad
duck peppersoup

I'm telling you. That comment about medication got me thinking...from what age do people start running downhill (healthwise) from living sedentary lives? Definitely not your average 20 somethings / teenagers...
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chillisauce:
Brocoli eba

Less cal

Edwife
cococandy
Babe3
efemenaxy

I like this Chilli. I really do. Very innovative.

Chillisauce:

Just 100g.

Is that for the white garri? Or yellow one (with palm oil in it)? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Hubby made Ogbolo soup with some serious cow meat and stockfish a few days ago...I dey suffer the consequences of temptation. I ate soooooooooo much meat. Now I've put on 0.5kg. sad sad sad

See "guilty exercising". 1hr 20mins jogging. 45 mins sit-ups and lower abdominal workout. 1 hour cardio (all spread throughout the day)...

Edwife was so on point about beauty being pain. So much work to get the near perfect body. sad sad
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:

Lol!

Where've you been, ma'am? cheesy cheesy

Ladies! Another truly inspirational video...Ignore the video quality - awful, I know..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70UF82nysIU
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

My sister it's not oh!

I've scoured the whole of London (well, kind of) for our Nija black-eyed beans but can't find it. You know, the ones with holes and weevels in them! Anyway, I've long since given up. I think, perhaps, our Nija beans didn't pass the very strict food safety standards we've got over here So rather than not eat beans at all, I've had to make do with the ones I see over here. Thing is no matter how much you cook them, the beans nor go gree "scatter". That's why they come out looking dry, even though they aren't...

I was wondering why it was scarce too until one of the Asian managers told me they couldn't pass thru anymore. I was looking for the brown ones though....

Shame...that was my main source of protein cry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kimoni:

I was wondering why it was scarce too until one of the Asian managers told me they couldn't pass thru anymore. I was looking for the brown ones though....

Shame...that was my main source of protein cry

Lordy lord!

Was just thinking of you! Ahahn...you just abandoned this thread? cheesy

Yeah, I don't ask anymore about our beans. I even bought some today and only remembered as an afterthought that perhaps, I should have asked the Naija lady if she had any...

How does the brown beans taste? Is it any different from the white (black-eyed) beans. I remember vaguely as a child one time when some beans was cooked. It just didn't taste like the "normal" beans. Very peculiar. I can't even remember if I liked it or not. I sure would like to try it out again now...

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.