Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (149239 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Teephad(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
As a civil servant with state government in account depart which accounting professional examination is most appropriate ICAN, ANAN, or others.
Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by benebaby77: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2017
Teephad:
As a civil servant with state government in account depart which accounting professional examination is most appropriate ICAN, ANAN, or others.
Thanks

Go for ICAN, it's tougher though
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by chidipeace18: 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good day. Please can you recommend a quality ICAN Tutorial center within Abuja. Thank you
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by allfriends(m): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2017
B.sc accounting and Mba degree... How many papers do I need to write to chartered
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by p4pako: 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
hi all,
please, who knows when ican will start registration for may 2017 diet and how much is it?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2017
When level will I start with bsc in accounting
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by motty92: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Hello..A great day to you...!!

One of our client is looking to fill the positions below.

If you find yourself suitable or you have someone qualified for any of the role,kindly Apply/Share.

DIGITAL GRAPHICS DESIGNER

Key Requirements
- OND/HND/BSc in graphics design or any other relevant discipline.
- Must have practical skills with portfolio of creative works as evidence.
- Candidate must have just completed NYSC or have completed not more than 1 year.
- Candidate must have high taste for excellence.

SALES/MARKETING MANAGER

Key Requirements
- HND/BSc in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- 3-4 years experience in Sales and Marketing with at least 1 year as a Manager.
- Candidate must currently hold similar position or at last job.
- Positive track-record of superior sales and marketing performance.
- Strong commercial and business sense
- Must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and Power-point
- Must have High integrity index and ability to lead effectively.
- Certification in professional or leadership courses will be an added advantage

INTERNAL CONTROL OFFICER

Key Requirements
- BSc in Accounting
- Must have just completed NYSC or have completed not more than 1 year.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details as well as proven ability to work in a team.
- Having a professional certification in Accounting is an added advantage.

RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER

Key Requirements

- Minimum of B.Sc in Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- Must have at least 3 years retail experience with a year or more as a retail head/manager.
- Proven ability to drive Sales
- Ability to manage people is a prerequisite
- Relevant sales related training is an added advantage

HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER

Key Requirements

- BSc/BA in any discipline from the social sciences and humanities.
- Must have just completed NYSC or have completed not more than 1 year.
- Good communication Skill is non negotiable
- Must be a Female
- Must have experience as a Retail Sales Associate before or after NYSC OR Volunteering experience with Proven ability to Manage People.

DISPATCH RIDER

Key Requirements

- Must have a minimum of SSCE
- Must have 1-2 years of experience as a dispatch rider
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Polite and able to get along with people
- Have a mature attitude
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills for delivery and expenses records
- Must have good knowledge of Lagos routes

All job locations are in Lagos (Mainland).

Send Resume to client@chariscoopers.net with the job you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
E.g "DISPATCH RIDER".

Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.

Thank you!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by magthan: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please I want to take 3 courses in skills level..what are the best combinations
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Happyfellow147: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2017
Are you establishing a new business and want to incorporate it?Do you run an existing business but always fall on the wrong side of the FIRS?Do you have need for tax clearance certificate(personal or corporate entity)?Have you been a victim of multiple taxation?Do you need to get your TIN?
If your answer to any of the questions is yes,please step in here to get your tax matters resolved.We are professionals who render tax consultancy services and much more.Please contact Cbuzolilian@yahoo.com and avoid all the hassles of non or late remittance of returns.Government has spread its tax net wider,don't let them catch you unprepared!WE CAN HELP YOU
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Mandateinfinito(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Pls oga, am completely new to ICAN! Am an HND holder from Federal Polytechnic Ilaro! I read Accounting! Pls I want to register for ICAN but I don't know anything about the registration! Pl how can I go about it? Thanks!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Mandateinfinito:
Pls oga, am completely new to ICAN! Am an HND holder from Federal Polytechnic Ilaro! I read Accounting! Pls I want to register for ICAN but I don't know anything about the registration! Pl how can I go about it? Thanks!

Kindly take your time to read the thread from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Mandateinfinito(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
Pls am highly confused! Am HND holder in Accounting, but due to d discrimination, I decided to go for BSC Accounting on part-time with ICAN. Pls this is my question: Pls is it advisable for me to go for BSC or I should rely on HND + ICAN?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Mhzkeemy: 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
As a foreign graduate of Accounting how do I go about my registration and what courses would I be exempted to write. Please I would love to know the price. Am currently in Abuja and would appreciate anot awesome reply. Thanks .
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ucglobal: 10:32am On Jan 26, 2017
Good morning all, please i want to ask how do i check for the courses to write next diet cos iam thro write foundation. thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ndamson2: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
get instant job at www.whitecollarafrica.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by jabber06: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2017
pls my institution is not accredited by ican,i want to know which level will i start from in Ican
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
kayusekay:
When level will I start with bsc in accounting

Depending on the school you finish from, if it's ICAN accredited school,

If you have B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained
from ICAN accredited Institutions in
Nigeria.
You will be exempted from foundation level which has 5 papers (A1-A5) and two papers (B2 n B3) in Skill level and sit for the remain 4 papers in skill, having paid for exemption fee
 A1. Quantitative Techniques in Business
 A2. Business and Finance
 A3. Financial Accounting
 A4. Management Information
 A5. Business Law
 B2. Audit and Assurance
 B3. Taxation

But if you have B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained
from recognised Institutions in
Nigeria but not yet accredited by
ICAN. Exemption is just the three papers below and sit for the remaining 2 papers in foundation,
 A5. Business Law

I hope that clears you!!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mhzkeemy:
As a foreign graduate of Accounting how do I go about my registration and what courses would I be exempted to write. Please I would love to know the price. Am currently in Abuja and would appreciate anot awesome reply. Thanks .

B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained
from foreign recognised Institutions. Exceptions on course below
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mandateinfinito:
Pls am highly confused! Am HND holder in Accounting, but due to d discrimination, I decided to go for BSC Accounting on part-time with ICAN. Pls this is my question: Pls is it advisable for me to go for BSC or I should rely on HND + ICAN?

ICAN recognised B. SC n HND as same qualifications, as to the qualifications to write exams,, both BSc n HND, are being exempted on same basis, I'll do advise just apply for your ICAN...

Below is the exemption for each

from ICAN accredited Institutions in
Nigeria.
 A5. Business Law
 B3. Taxation

from recognised Institutions in
Nigeria but not yet accredited by
ICAN.
 A5. Business Law

from foreign recognised Institutions.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
jabber06:
pls my institution is not accredited by ican,i want to know which level will i start from in Ican

Check above, the answer to your question is there
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
ucglobal:
Good morning all, please i want to ask how do i check for the courses to write next diet cos iam thro write foundation. thanks

FOUNDATION LEVEL
A1. Quantitative Techniques in
Business
A2. Business and Finance
A3. Financial Accounting
A4. Management Information
A5. Business Law

SKILLS LEVEL
B1. Financial Reporting
B2. Audit and Assurance
B3. Taxation
B4. Performance Management
B5. Public Sector Accounting
and Finance
B6. Management, Governance
and Ethic

PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
C1. Corporate Reporting
C2. Advanced Audit and Assurance
C3. Strategic Financial Management
C4. Advanced Taxation
C5. Case Study
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mandateinfinito:

First read the qualifications , then what to do, if you can register yourself n close to ICAN office,, else located a confirm Centre, they will process your registration

WHAT TO DO
(1)PAY 7000 (bank charges not included) PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION REGISTRATION FEE ON PAY DIRECT AT ANY COMMERCIAL BANK IN NIGERIA

(2) PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION AT THE WEBSITE ADDRESS INDICATED ON THE PAY DIRECT RECEIPT OBTAINED AT THE BANK AFTER PAYMENT.

(3) OBTAIN A COLOURED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH OF YOURSELF. SCAN THE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH ON THE FORM.

(4) PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM

(5) APPEND YOUR SIGNATURE

(6) GET A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AS YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR.

(7) PROVIDE HIS/HER MEMBERSHIP NUMBER, NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.

(cool TAKE THE PRINTED COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR CREDENTIALS TO YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR FOR CERTIFICATION.

(9) STUDENTS USING AAT RESULT SHOULD PAY N23,500 BEING THE COST OF INDUCTION/CONFERENCE AND ATTACH THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE RECEIPT TO THE FORM.

(10) ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:

1. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE PIN VOUCHER
2. TWO COPIES OF CERTIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3. ORIGINAL COPY OF PAY DIRECT RECEIPT.

NOTE:
IF YOU ARE USING TRANSCRIPT IN PLACE OF NYSC, SUCH TRANSCRIPT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE INSTITUTE.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED UNTIL AFTER TWO YEARS OF REGISTRATION.

Below is exemption

B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained from ICAN accredited Institutions in Nigeria.

 A5. Business Law
 B3. Taxation

B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained from recognised Institutions in Nigeria but not yet accredited by ICAN.

 A5. Business Law

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Mandateinfinito(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Thanks so much my brother!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by shegunn: 9:04am On Feb 03, 2017
Pls bro, I just registered for ican professional... And my registration number is out... Pls what is the next step? Am also told I wld be exempted from 2 courses because I already ve a b.sc in economics.....what amount do I pay next?... And I do I go abt it ..thnx
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by supernet4(f): 7:45am On Feb 04, 2017
shegunn:
Pls bro, I just registered for ican professional... And my registration number is out... Pls what is the next step? Am also told I wld be exempted from 2 courses because I already ve a b.sc in economics.....what amount do I pay next?... And I do I go abt it ..thnx
Go and start lecture
Then u pay forur exemption and exam fee
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
shegunn:

You will start from foundation level, with exemption of two papers, A1 n A2, (A1. Quantitative Techniques in
Business,,, A2. Business and Finance) pay for the exemption fee #18700, then it will be processed, for you to write the
3 papers (A3, A4 n A5) which cost.. #25900...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by bambech(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2017
i need someone to enlighten me on the next thing to do after submitting the completed exemption form and transcript

at ican office today.

will i just pay for the four paper at skill or they need to advice me.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obisite: 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
bambech:

i need someone to enlighten me on the next thing to do after submitting the completed exemption form and transcript

at ican office today.

will i just pay for the four paper at skill or they need to advice me.

Your exemption details will be processed, if you log in your student ID on ican website, you will see what and what your for sit for, that means the exemption has been processed, I think within 1 month, they ought to have, you would sure get alert as regards to any update on your application
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by obshzl: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
Pls I need urgent advise in the house, I know we have experienced individuals here. I'm unable to register for the past three weeks because I do not have a direct or indirect contact with an ICAN member who should reference for me before I can begin registration i.e. a referee. I've made contacts with people hoping to get a referee but most of them are members of other accounting bodies. I'm really trying my best to get a referee who must be a member, but I guess time is no longer friendly. Pls anyone with a real good advise to help me solve this situation, I will gladly appreciate thanks. This might seem inappropriate, but I'm left with no choice than to voice my pain!. I apologise
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by omojoss(m): 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thank you for the information. God bless you for helping through.
My own question is that I am writing MAY Diet. I studied Business Education. What professional level am I starting from?
Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by slimtee2: 3:27am On Feb 10, 2017
i will like to go for ICAN this year, bt dont no much abt it. Please enlighten me more. B.sc marketing. tanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ifeojobas(f): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi, first I would like to thank the moderators of this page... the ones who have kept helping people find their way, at no profit for themselves for these past years. I pray that God blesses you. Here's my question, I have a BSc in Economics, I have been trying to find my way around applying for ICAN exemptions, but I admit I am lost. What exactly is the process please? What payments am I supposed to make before and after application... Please help with a step-by-step guide. Looking forward to your response. Regards,

PS I am registered already and up to date on payments

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.