Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her (4163 Views)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / I Don't Know How To Advise Her / After 4 Children for him, Her Husband now keeps 4 Wives Outside, Pls Advise Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 9:51am On Apr 03, 2015
i happen to have a friend named Samuel whom i have been close with over 10 years now.

samuel as at 2005, yea 2005.... started dating Agatha. it was just this normal boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. the ecstasy, romance, sex, love, happiness, quarrel, fighting, reconciling and settling of disputes that entails relationships.

when it got to 2012 nobody needed to consult a sooth sayer that this couple are marriage bound because they have proved beyond doubt that they need each other.

he is a self employed secondarian whom after secondary school went into business and he is doing fine in his own capacity, built his own house from the fruits of his business, still caters for his widowed mother brothers and sisters, has lands he bought future use.

she works as a photographer.

samuel already propose marriage to agatha and is prepared to pay whatever price agatha's kins men would demand. as customary, the traditional wedding will take place in her village.

the problem now is that samuel said he want both the traditional and church wedding be done in the girl's village, that he wants everything to be done once and for so that he can concentrate on life and his business because he is the quiet type.

but she is going against it that after the traditional wedding in her village that she wants the church wedding in another state where they both stays. the disagreement is that she ia complaining that most of her friends wont be able to attend the traditional in her village due to distance thats why she wants the white wedding in the city. but the boyfriend said he wants to do everything once in her home town.

she has been crying ever since as she is adamant to change her decision.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by davo90tico(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2015
Well a simple civil discussion would suffice cos it's crazy for a girl to get married and non of her friends can attend due to distance..
I think to appease her the groom should arrange transport for her closest pals. For me that's the best wedding gift he can give her

2 Likes

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2015
davo90tico:
What decision all I see is "dff" what does that mean?
was typing it.

you can see it now
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by orubebe1(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2015
Hmm hmm
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Why should that be a problem?

He who pays the piper picks the shot..

The woman should understand the man is just being prudent with his spending.

Most ladies prepare for wedding than marriage..

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 10:36am On Apr 03, 2015
davo90tico:
Well a simple civil discussion would suffice cos it's crazy for a girl to get married and non of her friends can attend due to distance..
I think to appease her the groom should arrange transport for her closest pals. For me that's the best wedding gift he can give her
truely this was the same that was said to her. that a a bus will be made available for her friends to travel with to her home town but she wants the white wedding here.

her home town is kogi while they reside in plateau state the guy is from cross river.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 10:37am On Apr 03, 2015
orubebe1:
Hmm hmm
jega is not here...lol
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2015
Yomieluv:
Why should that be a problem?

He who pays the piper picks the shot..

The woman should understand the man is just being prudent with his spending.

Most ladies prepare for wedding than marriage..
she doesnt want to see things that way.

why will she not be happy with him for be able to marry her properly instead of making her pregnant first thereby spoiling the marriage process?
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by orubebe1(m): 10:51am On Apr 03, 2015
manuelpepper:
jega is not here...lol

Jst leave me nd dat man.... I will deal with him

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by laplace12(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2015
She wants an elaborate wedding. So she can get beautiful pictures to post on Facebook.

You will surprised at how people think.

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2015
this isn't his wedding or her wedding , but THEIR wedding . he wants the white wedding in the village bc he's the quiet type . she wants it in the city bc she wants her friends to attend . . . understandable . if they can't compromise on this then they hv big problems ahead . they've been dating for too long that this shouldn't even be an issue now or what hv they been discussing all these while ?

manuelpepper:
i happen to have a friend named Samuel whom i have been close with over 10 years now.

samuel as at 2005, yea 2005.... started dating Agatha. it was just this normal boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. the ecstasy, romance, sex, love, happiness, quarrel, fighting, reconciling and settling of disputes that entails relationships.

when it got to 2012 nobody needed to consult a sooth sayer that this couple are marriage bound because they have proved beyond doubt that they need each other.

he is a self employed secondarian whom after secondary school went into business and he is doing fine in his own capacity, built his own house from the fruits of his business, still caters for his widowed mother brothers and sisters, has lands he bought future use.

she works as a photographer.

samuel already propose marriage to agatha and is prepared to pay whatever price agatha's kins men would demand. as customary, the traditional wedding will take place in her village.

the problem now is that samuel said he want both the traditional and church wedding be done in the girl's village, that he wants everything to be done once and for so that he can concentrate on life and his business because he is the quiet type.

but she is going against it that after the traditional wedding in her village that she wants the church wedding in another state where they both stays. the disagreement is that she ia complaining that most of her friends wont be able to attend the traditional in her village due to distance thats why she wants the white wedding in the city. but the boyfriend said he wants to do everything once in her home town.

she has been crying ever since as she is adamant to change her decision.

please people what do you think of this?
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by mrwonlasewonie: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2015
Typing. ........
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2015
aflyingbird:
this isn't his wedding or her wedding , but THEIR wedding . he wants the white wedding in the village bc he's the quiet type . she wants it in the city bc she wants her friends to attend . . . understandable . if they can't compromise on this then they hv big problems ahead . they've been dating for too long that this shouldn't even be an issue now or what hv they been discussing all these while ?

yes...it is their wedding. he accepting to marry her is a good step already. i guess he wants to do everything all together that week or same day (saturday). the stress of organizing both at different is what he doesnt want to experience.

she consider small na
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

She wants an elaborate wedding. So she can get beautiful pictures to post on Facebook.

will pictures put food on the table?

a man that is willing to marry her is what she has now.....she should consider the guy na.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

Instagram especially or maybe she's a Nairalander. Lmao! Some women are hilarious, I tell you. grin grin

OP, I'd advice him to take decision himself since he's the one doing the spendings. If he's "okay" with it, he can go ahead but, he shouldn't try to please any soul against his own wish because she's darn emotional about it.

By the way, if she wants the wedding to take place wherever she want; she should be ready to contribute the money that follows it.

undecided
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
what do u mean "he accepting to marry her...". did she propose to him ? he can't only be thinking about himself . every girl dreams of her wedding day and wants her friends to be there . doesn't hv to be stressful, let her be the one to do most of the planning for the white wedding in the city then .

manuelpepper:
yes...it is their wedding. he accepting to marry her is a good step already. i guess he wants to do everything all together that week or same day (saturday). the stress of organizing both at different is what he doesnt want to experience.

she consider small na

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
aflyingbird:
what do u mean "he accepting to marry her...". did she propose to him ? he can't only be thinking about himself . every girl dreams of her wedding day and wants her friends to be there . doesn't hv to be stressful, let her be the one to do most of the planning for the white wedding in the city then .

dont forget where i said he will make provision of bus to convey her friends to the wedding.

will the friends not be in attendance in her home town for the traditional rites?

eh?
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
FrancisTony:

Instagram especially or maybe she's a Nairalander. Lmao! Some women are hilarious, I tell you. grin grin

OP, I'd advice him to take decision himself since he's the one doing the spendings. If he's "okay" with it, he can go ahead but, he shouldn't try to please any soul against his own wish because she's darn emotional about it.

By the way, if she wants the wedding to take place wherever she want; she should be ready to contribute the money that follows it.

undecided
i doubt if she has the capacity to do it.

her parents her in the village....their tradition demands they di it where her parents are. so it will be easier to do all activities trad and white in the same location let every body rest but she dont want to listen.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
manuelpepper:
i doubt if she has the capacity to do it.

her parents her in the village....their tradition demands they di it where her parents are. so it will be easier to do all activities trad and white in the same location let every body rest but she dont want to listen.
Yeah. That's what i'm concuring.
Bloke, should do it where interests him and don't listen to any of her whining except she's ready to provide.

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
u did not state this at all in the op. i'm going by what i read in the op. unless you want to edit it now.

he will make provision of bus from the city to the village ? if he's going to do this , then she should invite her closest friends or the capacity the bus can contain and have the white wedding in the village . does she hv any other personal ties to the particular city she wants to do it in ?

they've been dating far too long to be having this sort of disagreement . all of these should've been settled by now . they'll remember this day for years to come, they need to do whatever would make the two of them happy

manuelpepper:
dont forget where i said he will make provision of bus to convey her friends to the wedding.

will the friends not be in attendance in her home town for the traditional rites?

eh?
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
aflyingbird:
u did not state this at all in the op. i'm going by what i read in the op. unless you want to edit it now.

he will make provision of bus from the city to the village ? if he's going to do this , then she should invite her closest friends or the capacity the bus can contain and have the white wedding in the village . does she hv any other personal ties to the particular city she wants to do it in ?

they've been dating far too long to be having this sort of disagreement . all of these should've been settled by now . they'll remember this day for years to come, they need to do whatever would make the two of them happy

my bad....wanted to make tins as short as possible.

its quite embarrassing how tins have pawned it at this stage of their lives.

she is not considering anytin towards him, apart from her peeps his will be coming over and he is the one to take care of them all.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
FrancisTony:

Yeah. That's what i'm concuring.
Bloke, should do it where interests him and don't listen to any of her whining except she's ready to provide.

Ciao!
exactly bro....at times it seems bad to allow some ladies make decision. its selfishness in their part to not be able to pity their man in this kind of responsibilityn
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by bellong: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
The guy should let her go. She is materialistic and conscious of society's applause. This will spell doom for the union in the future.

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by edwife(f): 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
People do it like that these days to manage the cost.

If she will pay fully for the expenses she wants in another state so that her FRIENDS can attend then they can go BUT if the guy is paying for everything then she needs to grow up and very quick at that. undecided
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Jahblessme: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Why on earth would I want to do my wedding in my village? What if she didn't grow up in the said villa? What if all her friends and colleagues are in the 'city'? What if she prefers the city feel.
Village get levels abeg...who doesn't want lovely wedding pictures and a nice party before tying herself to everlasting slavery aka marriage..
She must have good reasons for not wanting it there.
Chaiii...poor girl.
Next time,you get with someone with the same taste as you or you wait till you save enough and bear the cost of a non village palm frond wedding.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Euphrosyne(m): 12:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Make she no marry........ dey there till wen she reach 38

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 04, 2015
Op, the way you're going about this here suggests you're part of those discouraging the guy from going to reach a compromise with his fiancee... You carry the matter for head too much, you know alot about their relationship ranging from their love life to material possession.. or you're the guy in question? ? undecided undecided

If actually they've dated for 10years and a lil issue like this is causing problem, then they may hv been 'playing' for the past 10years....

Anyway, they should reach a compromise that suits the both of them, this issue is too petty to be demanding public suggestions. ...

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by stunningjudy(f): 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
All I can say is much ado about nothing! She is not ready to marry, she is working abi? She should hire a bus for her friends and foot d transportation bill that way her friends wont be hindered by distance.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
An average bride wants to marry in her church or where is accessible to her friends and family as she might not see them again and it is a sort of send forth.

Plateau to Kogi is far

Hope they reach a compromise

(But 10yrs is quite a while to know each other)
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Dheartless: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
women and show off!
she better get herself a job if she wants to waste money around just to show off.

small time she go force the man to get a G.wagon because some married women in their hood has it.

your friend should get a comfortable bus to transport her friends who are ready to attend his wedding.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
The man is not considerate. Every mature man should know what the white wedding means to the bride. Abeg,the man should consider. Its unfair,her friends won't be there.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
ahsekeena:
The man is not considerate. Every mature man should know what the white wedding means to the bride. Abeg,the man should consider. Its unfair,her friends won't be there.
her friends will be transported to attend the wedding.

Have u not travel before to attend a friend's wedding before?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Qualities Of A Good Wife That Wives Of This Generations Don't Have! / Who Else Noticed The 10mins Change In Time / Her Boyfriend Called Me: You Are Not Safe! Pls Help Me O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.