Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her (4186 Views)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / I Don't Know How To Advise Her / After 4 Children for him, Her Husband now keeps 4 Wives Outside, Pls Advise Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dheartless:
women and show off!
she better get herself a job if she wants to waste money around just to show off.

small time she go force the man to get a G.wagon because some married women in their hood has it.

your friend should get a comfortable bus to transport her friends who are ready to attend his wedding.
that is what her guy had advocated for.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:
An average bride wants to marry in her church or where is accessible to her friends and family as she might not see them again and it is a sort of send forth.

Plateau to Kogi is far

Hope they reach a compromise

(But 10yrs is quite a while to know each other)
her parents are in the village.

According to their custom the traditional must be done where her parents her.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
stunningjudy:
All I can say is much ado about nothing! She is not ready to marry, she is working abi? She should hire a bus for her friends and foot d transportation bill that way her friends wont be hindered by distance.
tank u for this
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Op, the way you're going about this here suggests you're part of those discouraging the guy from going to reach a compromise with his fiancee... You carry the matter for head too much, you know alot about their relationship ranging from their love life to material possession.. or you're the guy in question? ? undecided undecided

If actually they've dated for 10years and a lil issue like this is causing problem, then they may hv been 'playing' for the past 10years....

Anyway, they should reach a compromise that suits the both of them, this issue is too petty to be demanding public suggestions. ...
stop attacking me......i brought an issue here to get counsel for a friend. If i am the one involve i would have stated otherwise.

Tanks

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jahblessme:
Why on earth would I want to do my wedding in my village? What if she didn't grow up in the said villa? What if all her friends and colleagues are in the 'city'? What if she prefers the city feel.
Village get levels abeg...who doesn't want lovely wedding pictures and a nice party before tying herself to everlasting slavery aka marriage..
She must have good reasons for not wanting it there.
Chaiii...poor girl.
Next time,you get with someone with the same taste as you or you wait till you save enough and bear the cost of a non village palm frond wedding.
people do their weddings in the village even celebrities do it too. No one is exempted from it. Tradition demands she do it where her parents her.

Na wa

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
manuelpepper:
her friends will be transported to attend the wedding.

Have u not travel before to attend a friend's wedding before?

It won't feel the same abeg. The man should give another excuse, being a "quiet man" isn't enough excuse,its a day's event.

Except the man is afraid of expense that would incur.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Jahblessme: 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
manuelpepper:
people do their weddings in the village even celebrities do it too. No one is exempted from it. Tradition demands she do it where her parents her.

Na wa

Abeg u people should allow this babe enjoy her wedding. she doesn't want in village naa,is it by force??
Tradition ko tradition ni.Err last I heard people do weddings where it PLEASES them,wherever makes them happy.
What kind of friend r u sef? Instead of advocating for compromise u dey here de carry matter for head like cross of calvary
Poor girl,I pity her already

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jahblessme:

Abeg u people should allow this babe enjoy her wedding. she doesn't want in village naa,is it by force??
Tradition ko tradition ni.Err last I heard people do weddings where it PLEASES them,wherever makes them happy.
What kind of friend r u sef? Instead of advocating for compromise u dey here de carry matter for head like cross of calvary
Poor girl,I pity her already
stop crying foul.......was it the guy's decision to do it in her village? Why cant u read the details i posted before commenting?

It would even be better if the said wedding is done is jos....maybe u dont know the place of tradition in our society.

Her tribes demands the traditional wedding to take place where her parents her. Wat else can the guy do?

Abi u no sabi comprehension?

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
ahsekeena:

It won't feel the same abeg. The man should give another excuse, being a "quiet man" isn't enough excuse,its a day's event.

Except the man is afraid of expense that would incur.
see ur thinking ooo....he doesnt have?

Ok lets say he doesnt have, does that give her the reason to finish the little he has?

Na wa for you ooo
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by peedeeasobie(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
manuelpepper:
i happen to have a friend named Samuel whom i have been close with over 10 years now.

samuel as at 2005, yea 2005.... started dating Agatha. it was just this normal boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. the ecstasy, romance, sex, love, happiness, quarrel, fighting, reconciling and settling of disputes that entails relationships.

when it got to 2012 nobody needed to consult a sooth sayer that this couple are marriage bound because they have proved beyond doubt that they need each other.

he is a self employed secondarian whom after secondary school went into business and he is doing fine in his own capacity, built his own house from the fruits of his business, still caters for his widowed mother brothers and sisters, has lands he bought future use.

she works as a photographer.

samuel already propose marriage to agatha and is prepared to pay whatever price agatha's kins men would demand. as customary, the traditional wedding will take place in her village.

the problem now is that samuel said he want both the traditional and church wedding be done in the girl's village, that he wants everything to be done once and for so that he can concentrate on life and his business because he is the quiet type.

but she is going against it that after the traditional wedding in her village that she wants the church wedding in another state where they both stays. the disagreement is that she ia complaining that most of her friends wont be able to attend the traditional in her village due to distance thats why she wants the white wedding in the city. but the boyfriend said he wants to do everything once in her home town.

she has been crying ever since as she is adamant to change her decision.

The lady is vain, very vain!
How many of them will live with her after the marriage.
People chasing shadows since 1960
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by pickabeau1: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jahblessme:
Why on earth would I want to do my wedding in my village? What if she didn't grow up in the said villa? What if all her friends and colleagues are in the 'city'? What if she prefers the city feel.
Village get levels abeg...who doesn't want lovely wedding pictures and a nice party before tying herself to everlasting slavery aka marriage..
She must have good reasons for not wanting it there.
Chaiii...poor girl.
Next time,you get with someone with the same taste as you or you wait till you save enough and bear the cost of a non village palm frond wedding.

Why do u refer to marriage like that
This is extreme....
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
manuelpepper:
see ur thinking ooo....he doesnt have?

Ok lets say he doesnt have, does that give her the reason to finish the little he has?

Na wa for you ooo

U don't get my point. I know married women who don't hang their wedding photos in their homes,they don't even look at the pictures or even talk about the wedding. Because it was how they hoped it would be.

I think u are the guy in question. Whatever the couple decides to do,let them do.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Jahblessme: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Why do u refer to marriage like that
This is extreme....

It rhymes nicely that's why.. Slaves to each other and d kids..mostly d woman slaves though as the bulk of the work falls on her.Studies prove that by the way so no need to argue.

manuelpepper:
stop crying foul.......was it the guy's decision to do it in her village? Why cant u read the details i posted before commenting?
It would even be better if the said wedding is done is jos....maybe u dont know the place of tradition in our society.
Her tribes demands the traditional wedding to take place where her parents her. Wat else can the guy do?
Abi u no sabi comprehension?

I no sabi comprehension cry cry
She doesn't want and she can't be forced..
I don't know much about the locations as per jos and co.I just feel there should be a compromise tradition or no.
And d way u r forcing the issue,being so inflexible and sounding so pained.You are very likely the man in question
You don't win someone over by being so forceful.. Maybe d babe is even trying to review her options by delaying the wedding.
Poor baby

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by bukatyne(f): 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
manuelpepper:
her parents are in the village.

According to their custom the traditional must be done where her parents her.

I am talking about the white wedding

Why is the lady not considering the option of bringing her friends over?

I am trying time look at all options.
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
ahsekeena:

U don't get my point. I know married women who don't hang their wedding photos in their homes,they don't even look at the pictures or even talk about the wedding. Because it was how they hoped it would be.

I think u are the guy in question. Whatever the couple decides to do,let them do.
hahahaahaha....i am not the guy....how do i prove it to you?
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by pickabeau1: 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jahblessme:

It rhymes nicely that's why.. Slaves to each other and d kids..mostly d woman slaves though as the bulk of the work falls on her.Studies prove that by the way so no need to argue.

]

It is good u say slaves to each other as that is the true situation

A man subjugates himself to the betterment of his family while the woman does same

When u say work..I guess you talk of house chores

Is it the same chores that are being taken up by men to support their wives

Is it technology that is making chores less cumbersome

This chores you women rant about....

Hmmm
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by Jahblessme: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

A man subjugates himself to the betterment of his family while the woman does same

Hmmm

grin hmmmmmm.no comment
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by senoreetah(f): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 6:49am On Apr 06, 2015
senoreetah:
If her friends cnt make it to d villa for her then they are not her friends, i was having same ish during my time my hubby wanted both same day, i refused based on friends attending bla bla bla, but he kept his cool, he made me see reasons we have to do same day which i later agreed, i can tell u that am happy i took that decision, if not i would have been talking about another wedding this year again, thats d best thing to happen to me. My dear weather d world come or not, after d ceremony everybody leaves and remain u and ur hubby.
God bless u sister.......am glad u took d right decision. I believe she will see reason the same way you did...like u said after wedding everybody leaves for their home leaving the couples to manage their wahala
Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by manuelpepper: 6:52am On Apr 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

Hmmm

tank u sir for this....the same chores that we assist them to do oooo.....and they will complaining as if they are made to lay a gigantic egg. Tanks sir

1 Like

Re: her decision is Hindering Her Own Wedding From Taking Place: Advise Her by royalnikita(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
manuelpepper:
tank u for this
av been reading comments silently until I saw this...
firstly, u are d guy in question. secondly, u are only looking for supporters and not advice.
finally Op, do d trad in d villa and d wedding in d city. do it this once for d gal, maybe she spent almost all her life in dat oda state and have all her friends, colleagues, neighbours etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? / Strictly Married (singles Opinion Might Be Useful Too) / What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.