Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (75062 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by ogene007: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
You were not wrong, you were simply being professional. Your story just goes to show that the company was an 'Okeke & sons' kind of firm. From carrying her handbag, maybe you would have graduated to washing her undies or warming her bed. Companies with such kind of corporate culture do not last long. I believe that employees should be treated professionally based on the terms of their employment, it is only people who are not worth their pay, that go around buttlicking around the place, inorder to keep their jobs. Don't be disheartened, God will provide you with something far better than that shithole of a place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by linearity: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Don't mind people telling you that, you did the right thing...

They only have that mentality because, she is female and it is very wrong.

Many of them have and will carry their male's boss briefcase without blinking or thinking twice about it.

She is your boss irrespective of her gender and your dealings should also be gender neutral unless she is coming on to you sexually, in fact some make bosses have a thing for their fellow men, so the 'coming on to you sexually' should be applicable both ways.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
FrancisTony:

Then, be ready to convert to Islam. tongue

OP, She's your boss and you have the every right to do as she commands. grin
So because I saw a good quality, I should neglect the bad ones
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
You weren't wrong. It was never stated in the offer letter that you job description included carrying her hand bag. She has inferiority complex and she could only overcome it by seeing you do attend to her domestic needs. She wanted to cross the line and you didn't let her. That's the same way some people get to start doing uncomplimentary things to keep their jobs. You were a man.
Don't feel bad,other jobs will turn up.

It is not everything done for your boss that is written in your offer letter neither is it everything your boss does for you that is his/her 'duty'

@OP: you were proud and pride they say goes before a fall.

Your boss carried her bag and you lost your job.

Goodluck in getting another one.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
If your boss was a man, and you were a woman, there would be no controversy whatsoever.

"He asked me to carry his suitcase and I refused." "Serves you right, proud bitch, you ought to respect your boss"

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sukkot: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:

Thanks man.
how old are you and how old is she ?

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nneka123:
LOL! Oh well! What's so bad if you carried her handbag? You let your ego get in the way, forgetting that you were working for her.

Sorry o
Carry bag? Chai! Nneka don fall my hand.
I'd tell her to her face: "sorry, but I find it rather demeaning to carry your handbag for you" and walk away. This is just one the reasons why I'd never choose to work for anyone but myself. One should know his worth. Don't let nobody push you around. Bill Gates, Dangote, Warren Buffet et all are no pushovers.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Houseofglam7:
No worry, your new president has promised more jobs......just rearrange your CV and wait for May 29th.

U are wicked o
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Johnjack: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
My man, you 're the real man. If I am in your shoes i will do same hundred times.One door closes and the other opens.
That her father owns such average company doesn't make her superior to you or super woman. Last year alone i changed my girl friends
here like pants because they girls said they are white and wanted to feel superior over me but i shocked them when i called
their bluff and sent them away. Worst still i sent you away and I date your closest friend and if she bleeps up,i boot her out.
You 're the real man.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
sparko1:

You went wrong when you got a free ride, if you want to be on your own you shouldn't have asked or agreed to a free ride. The moment you break the official distance be ready to pay.

Don't mind him undecided

The free ride is part of the boss' JD grin
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Venom104:
OP.. you were very wrong.. I'm also an architect in a similar situation.. Even though i have a higher degree than my boss, theres no silly errand i havent been sent on.. but i try to suck it up till something better comes up.. You are who you are, no one can make you feel little unless you think you are.. all the best in the future
People like you don't go far. Nobody likes someone who everyone can trample on, someone that has no dignity and self worth. If you find nothing wrong with carrying the handbag of your contemporary, and a woman! Then you ain't going far in life. Gbagbe!

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
From carrying her bag,you will get to other requests.
The future nigeria belongs to prople like you.
Dont despair because a better job is coming.
In her heart,she salutes your guts.
Nice one guy.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by idupaul: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
rokiatu:

Hmmmmm
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Alal(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Brother, cos of what you want to gain, you need to come down for such people, write an apology letter to her and call her and beg her. Be a man, you need the wages if it pays you. Remain blessed.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by eschewevil91(f): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
So if she demanded he cleaned her office or go buy her food even as a professional, its ok to do so because she's his boss? There are ways of subtly snd politely asking for favours. not one boss,even the company chairman telling you to do what wasnt part of the job in the first place. i hate it when people start having a sense of entitlement because they're in a privileged position. its outright rubbish and even if he was going ti be fired it should have been on a reasonable ground. you just dont go abt asking your contemporary to carry your bag for you and when he didnt, you sack him. ITS WRONG!!!

4 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So because I saw a good quality, I should neglect the bad ones
Lmao! Well, OP was right for protecting his masculine quality and he paid dearly for it. grin

The lady was also right for flexing her feminism skills.

By the way, are you a graduate or an undergraduate? smiley
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Youssouff10(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
If she doesn't value u working for her, mayb she wud value u wen working for a rival firm. All d best in ur new job.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:
Smh! Women and smalle power!

Id.iot, like men do not get power drunk, abi? undecided

@Op, you did right however you could have carried it to repay her for the ride. And next time try not to hitch a ride or ask her for favours.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Seun:
If your boss was a man, and you were a woman, there would be no controversy whatsoever.

"He asked me to carry his suitcase and I refused." "Serves you right, proud bitch, you ought to respect your boss"
Keyword " contemporary"
Only a cocky boss male\female would ask that of an employee thats his\her contemporary When he's not the driver or gardener.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by edebZ(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
A man who can not use his head to put food on his table has not known the essence of life...
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by princeshijman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:
dude you are wrong...she ain't your girlfriend who you can form alpha male for. Dust your cv and include carrying of bags as your special skill
bro u made my day...lol..me sef go include am for my c.v....lol
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

Id.iot. like men do not get power drunk, abi? undecided

@Op, you did right however you could have carried it to repay her for the ride. And next time try not to hitch a ride or ask her for favours.
U drew first blood.
Don't complain when if I call u a cocky power drunk bîtch
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by trababy(f): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
u know sometimes we have to act stupid to get what we are looking for ,mostly to ppl we work for but all dey same u are wrong.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukchris(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Brother that's clear abuse of power. If I were you I'll get a lawyer and threaten to take the firm to court for unlawful dismissal. Least you can do is seek damages and all your entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by MockinJay(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:
dude you are wrong...she ain't your girlfriend who you can form alpha male for. Dust your cv and include carrying of bags as your special skill

grin grin grin
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by GoodMuyis(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Humility is not that expensive, that single action if you did otherwise would catapult you to the next level.

'that guy is so simple and humble, I kina like him' that would have be the future outcome

but you can apologize say you think she playing be romantic and diplomatic in your letter.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
RickRichards:

Carry bag? Chai! Nneka don fall my hand.
I'd tell her to her face: "sorry, but I find it rather demeaning to carry your handbag for you" and walk away. This is just one the reasons why I'd never choose to work for anyone but myself. One should know his worth. Don't let nobody push you around. Bill Gates, Dangote, Warren Buffet et all are no pushovers.
That's the thing, when you are your own BOSS, it's just you, right?

But as far as you are under someone, you have to do whatever they tell you to do.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by klark3: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Venom104:

sorry o.. seems theres an opening at that firm.. kindly help a brother with the details.. updating CV * willing and can carry bag*
lol... U're quite funny.

Are u an architect?

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by samuelmath50(m): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
kid but the truth reaming the fact what could carrying a bad dos to u hmmm because of that u fired ur self she did not or maybe u have something in mind hahaha sorry too late for u to speak now
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

U drew first blood.
Don't complain when if I call u a cocky power drunk bîtch

That's sounds like it. I.diot
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by frank043(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish! What nonsense!! You did the right thing dude...I'd do same a 100 times over. Most of these ladies that kinda manage their dad's firms can be a**holes. Yea she sacked you,but you have you pride as a man. There are jobs for us in the same line of business,dust you CV,and do the needful,you will get a better offer. Just remain focused and don't get emotional about the whole things. All the best bro...

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by patrickmuf(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
I've nothing conclusive to say because you've only succeeded to paint a side of the picture...If I was privileged to hear her part of the story, I'd have given my take...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.