Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? (23305 Views)

Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Mc4larin: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Where can one build his first house? Is it the city in which you reside and work/do business? Or the village/town one came from?

Considering the political instability and hositlity in where one resides, which of the above is advisable to build your first house?? Because many buold houses in the village which they will not stay there...

Pls i need good answers with reasons please

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Fabdedon(m): 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
there are two things involved in any of them you do..
Either you finish the house or
your enemies finish you..
But i was thinking about this tho.. But no place like Home.. No one can chase you there..
But away in nearest future.. You might be forced to leave it..
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by basisop(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
As an Igbo man, I don stand one for villa. I dey start my city house soon. Just in case and aku luo uno.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by DuchessLily(f): 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
City where u live, So u stop paying house rent and also have a part to rent out , so u can collect house rent frm tenant

With that, it will be easier to save towards d village house.

Why build 1st in a Village u visit maybe once a yr?

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Mc4larin: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
DuchessLily:
City where u live, So u stop paying house rent and also have a part to rent out , so u can collect house rent frm tenant

But if war or battle engulfed in the city, what will be ur refuge?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Hazardd(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
buiding a house in the village is a sure thing first. Thats your own town and place.

You can rent a house in a city where you live and am not sure for village.

Assuming if their is war in the city where will you run to.

Well sha, it depends on family planning

7 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by DuchessLily(f): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mc4larin:

But if war or battle engulfed in the city, what will be ur refuge?

My father's house, till I build mine

13 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Tallesty1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
DuchessLily:

This advice is not for those living in North.

@OP, it depends where you come from. It is foolish to build house in a city if your parents are living mud-house with thatched roof.

Another thing to put into consideration is how much you pay for rent, if the rent is high then building in the city first would be a wise decision because two years rent can go along way in building a house in the villa.

16 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by edwife(f): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Village first!The cost of building in the village will be cheaper than the one in the city.In a country like Nigeria with all these tribal wars,one needs to have a house in the village,just in case....and also many people who lose their jobs and could not afford rent, guess where they move back to?

You can work on building one in the city later...

13 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ChrisChino(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
city first

2 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wherever you can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ogawisdom(m): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
If u reside in ur state of origin then city first b4 village else village first b4 city or better still if u reside outside ur state acquire a land in ur state capital n build first b4 building in ur village

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Exjoker(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Considering the cost of house rent in the city, I will advice every man to first build his house in the city that if he intend to live the city before going back to village to build a house.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Vivly(f): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
City first in my opinion.
I wonder why some people will spend a lot building houses in the village when they spend only 6 days there during Christmas and yet pay rent in the city.
Asides for showing off and for parents sake, it's advisable to build in the city first.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Mcowubaba: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Definitely in the Village..
Where I come 4rm its a thing or pride nd credibility..
I dnt bother staying in a 1 bedroom flat in town..
But in my village, I gat to have a comfortable house(home)....
By God's grace that where I wanna build my 1st house...but u knw man proposes God disposes..
Let HIS will be done!!

7 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ladyju(f): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
During Jos crisis, a family friend's house got burnt, he was reluctant to run with his family like others cos he hasn't build house there yet.

Abeg it's better to build in d village first.

7 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by wree91: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
It doesn't make sense to build a house in your village where you spend less tthan a month in the whole year while you pay rent where you live.
Secondly the house you build in the city will always appreciate in value over time while that of the villa is tying down your Capital.
Remember you can always sell your city house to build a mansion for yourself in the village when you retire

13 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by fexichi(f): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
If your "enenies" allow, build in the village first. If not, build in the city first.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by CR77(f): 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Typing..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
Where I live......definitely CITY. I spend more time here
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Blackchampion(m): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
I built my 1st house in d city

2 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Deem: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
City!!!
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by FIZIK: 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
It's not a one-shoe-fits-all answer. It would depend on everybody's circumstance.

For instance, you would not expect a Naturalized Nigerian living in San Francisco to bother about erecting a house in his villa especially if he rarely visits home while he is still renting at an extortionate California rate. I would expect him to take out a mortgage and build equity on the house till such a time he can put up a house in his hometown.

Also, ethnic and religious tensions are still very prevalent in certain parts of Nigeria and I have seen properties torched down and sometimes cornered on this ground. I would not expect someone to build in this location without knowing it is expendable if you are a minority in a violence-prone region. If you must, get an insurance.

I know the south eastern Nigeria to be the most nomadic ethnicity and has always been on the receiving end of most ethnic violence. Would you blame them if they build houses in their hometowns first?

Personally, assuming all things equal,I would minimize cost of living by trying to have my own house where I spend the most money on rent, or a place I can rent for the most profit

12 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by mikhe2(m): 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Abeg na city........ I nr want make dem kill me for villa
o kiss
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by uaccurate: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Village first
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by lifestyle1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ikorodu
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Will build in another country because of war.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Mcowubaba: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
fexichi:
If your "enenies" allow, build in the village first. If not, build in the city first.
Lol which ENENIES
Fear Fear..
Anyway na ur husband u go follow go him Housegrin
Una own better
I wish I fit follow my wife sad

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by AdekunleSegun(m): 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
mine will be a cool place, far from people. Must not really be my village.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by datguru: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
City
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by lonelydora: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
As the spirit leads.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man's 7 Children Die In Katsina Grenade Explosion / Man Narrates How He Found Out Daughter Was Not His / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.