Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? (23306 Views)

Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Felaak47(m): 7:34am On Apr 05, 2015
The best place is the City where u live, So that u will stop paying house rent and also have
a part to rent out , and also collect house rent from tenants, that's another source of income for u
With that, it will be easier to save towards d village house. And u will be able to take care of ur house ur self since u re there,
but building a House in the village is good but costly because u will not stay dia and everyhing that got spoil will still be under ur care they will keep calling u to send them money, so it better to build in town first were u can monitor ur thing
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by blahcknproud: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2015
Having read all the beautiful contributions here i'd like to add that Cost of building in the city is huge, so instead of squandering the little saving or buying a land in the city and waiting another decade to put a structure on it, people just prefer to put their money where their mouth is.

Besides, what's the lot of those visitors who built in Maiduguri and Jos when these places were thriving cities?
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by obstead200(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2015
Mc4larin:

But if war or battle engulfed in the city, what will be ur refuge?
U think war cannot get to Ur village? U are wrong. Just confirm from d following villages/ communities;
Aguleri/umeleri in anambra
Agwu in IMO state
Odi in rivers state.

This communities saw full scale battles all from 2002 downwards that saw the entire village razed to the ground and d pple massacre. U can also confirm from farming villages in nassarawa and Benue States in dia fight with Fulani herdsmen.

My opinion....... If u have a place to stay in d village comfortably (even if it is Ur papa or Ur uncle or brother house,) then build in d city Wia u live. It has better economic sense. U seldom visit d village after all.
My father built a very big house in d village. So I see no need of building mine until my kids are probably grown and married.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Obamedo: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2015
Mc4larin:

That is civil war mentality. The war in the City can also come to your village. Then what do you do?
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Revolva(m): 10:15am On Apr 05, 2015
City city city city city

Anobody wey like make e go build e first house for village na d person sabi...omo make I first be landlord for city...collect much money den I can go to village to build
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by chipet67(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Mc4larin:

that place you call city is someone's villa. Also think it that the battle may first of all engulf your villa too . How would you do then ?
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Goodnuel: 11:14am On Apr 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Since all the cities are someone elses village, is it not better for one to start developing his own village to become citiy someday?
That's entirely a different topic.. I was talking about the safety part.. I just mean nowhere is safe as crisis and loss of properties can happen anywhere. Having said that, if you build a house you barely use in the village and you keep renting in the city, how does that help develop your city? Developing of cities is not by building houses that re not very useful to the village, if you want to build a commercial/rent able house, then its fine but if not, I'd prefer to build first wherever I reside first before my village..

Ur village na ur village, e no dey run.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Chigold101(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2015
basisop:
As an Igbo man, I don stand one for villa. I dey start my city house soon. Just in case and aku luo uno.
nna uche gi no there.

OP if you are Igbo from Anambra state i will advice you to go build in your vila.

But if you are from any other place... Checkout what happens in ur vila & know what to do.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Doing Lagos. Hopefully will finish this year.

Will do Port Harcourt (my state capital) from next year. Already have the property.

After that will try Abonemma (my home town).

Will also try one more in Lagos (Lekki/Ajah) and one in Abuja if I can.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
My response has to do with what you wrote, so in other words village should be abandoned while you go eslewhere to build in another man's village cos that city has indigenes
Goodnuel:
That's entirely a different topic.. I was talking about the safety part.. I just mean nowhere is safe as crisis and loss of properties can happen anywhere. Having said that, if you build a house you barely use in the village and you keep renting in the city, how does that help develop your city? Developing of cities is not by building houses that re not very useful to the village, if you want to build a commercial/rent able house, then its fine but if not, I'd prefer to build first wherever I reside first before my village..

Ur village na ur village, e no dey run.
I have seen people who develop their villages in the EAST with all the amenities you will find in the so called city (eg) Abiriba. Well paved streets, lights, staduim etc. You will find one of the best houses in nigeria at Abiriba in Abia state.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nicepoker(m): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
DuchessLily:
City where u live, So u stop paying house rent and also have a part to rent out , so u can collect house rent frm tenant

With that, it will be easier to save towards d village house.

Why build 1st in a Village u visit maybe once a yr?
she is a lady. Guys don't mind her if u love ur self.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nicepoker(m): 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
DuchessLily:
City where u live, So u stop paying house rent and also have a part to rent out , so u can collect house rent frm tenant

With that, it will be easier to save towards d village house.

Why build 1st in a Village u visit maybe once a yr?
she is a lady. Guys don't mind her if u love ur self..
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by DuchessLily(f): 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nicepoker:
she is a lady. Guys don't mind her if u love ur self..

U wey love urself but dnt knw what is good 4 u.

Just give ur own suggestion/opinion and walk pass. there is no need asking pple not to mind anybody

Its my opinion/suggestion, I didn't Call ya aii
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Goodnuel: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
My response has to do with what you wrote, so in other words village should be abandoned while you go eslewhere to build in another man's village cos that city has indigenes I have seen people who develop their villages in the EAST with all the amenities you will find in the so called city (eg) Abiriba. Well paved streets, lights, staduim etc. You will find one of the best houses in nigeria at Abiriba in Abia state.
Nah... I only responded to people who first see building in the village for security or safety sake. So I was trying to say that nowhere is safe.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ok bro
Goodnuel:
Nah... I only responded to people who first see building in the village for security or safety sake. So I was trying to say that nowhere is safe.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Israel5(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
my hometown not villa gan gan. #crafters
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by sconp: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
it can go two ways but it's best to build where you spend most of your time. Why build first in the village when you spend only Christmas there.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
i will say the CITY wher u spend about 99.8% of a year in....but the plan for the VILLAGE house should be in view incase...
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ojayone(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
is it possible to av a POLL please it will be very interesting
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ojayone(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by cally3D(m): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Build in ur village first n' all d village witches n' wizards calls a supreme conference for ur sake!
#City things! Meanwhile.......

Dis land iz 4 sale! Lets get started!
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 06, 2015
Mc4larin:
Where can one build his first house? Is it the city in which you reside and work/do business? Or the village/town one came from?

Considering the political instability and hositlity in where one resides, which of the above is advisable to build your first house?? Because many buold houses in the village which they will not stay there...

Pls i need good answers with reasons please

And my family kept regretting why our village house was not built in the city.

In the time of our lord, I have built my first house in the city and many houses will follow in the city. After which when I have been firmly established, then will I arise and go to my father's house to build a sanctuary to the Lord and a house for his servant.

And the whole congregation says..... Amen !
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by tobbyboy2011: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
I would like to build a 4 bedroom flat (boungalow) at ikorodu somewhere in Agric and my budget is 5 million. Any interested builder should email me on tobbyboy2011@yahoo.com and send me your best designs to choose from and we can meet up somewhere.

Thank you.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Scholes007(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
With no blinking of eye most igbos will choose village
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by TCann(m): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
Mc4larin:

In the last 100 years, which war or battle has engulfed any city?...mshew...abegi...old model thinking making people make sub-optimal major decision.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by TCann(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
For some of us it's not simple to define city or village.

I was born and grew up in Ibadan. My Grandfather, the first Health Inspector of the old Western States moved to Ibadan in the early 1900s and settled and built a house there. We were originally from Ijebu Ode, at least my father was born and schooled there.

My Wife is from Ibadan also.

So tell me, where is my city and where is my village?

OP, build your house where it makes economic sense for your individual situation. Don't be moved by emotional stimulus.

I am building my house in Ibadan as it makes economic sense for me. As much as I hate Lagos I would even build there for economic reasons before thinking if Ijebu Ode.

PS: What racial war?

If you're thinking of racial war then keep your money in a bank and set up your family in a non war zone, if it exists at all in Nigeria. You think Boko or Delta folks can't travel to get you in your village?

What is it with my Ibadan born&bred brothers and sisters and their disdain for Las gidi? Lolz.

I hear this especially from Ibadan folks all too often...
I even have a friend that had to resign his job to return to Ibadan (in a better Lagos of Fashola era o, when Lag don become soft pap to handle)
I'm sure he won't even last a week if it were to be Lagos of pre-Tinubu era.

I schooled and lived in Ibadan for almost a decade...Ib has a way of making you laid back. You just get used to that easy going way of life and very few people will want to leave that type of life and adapt to the fast paced life in Las gidi which they describe variously as hectic, crowded, problematic etc....

But guess what, if you can survive in Lag, you should be able to survive almost anywhere in the world (correct me if I'm wrong!)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man's 7 Children Die In Katsina Grenade Explosion / Man Narrates How He Found Out Daughter Was Not His / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.